Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
No, it's not. He could have easily just asked for me to post my notes. Instead he tacked on a comment to be an rear end in a top hat. It's really not cool. The only mediums of Mafia I've found ruder players on are Facebook games and Starcraft II custom games. At least they can at least claim they're hiding behind anonymity and quick 20 minute games. I have no idea the excuse is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Should have quoted for the above.

Somberbrero posted:

It's a relevant point and blowing up under a modicum of pressure is scummy.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Also, he complains I'm bringing up conversation about no-lynch, but also refusing to talk about no-lynch? This is the sort of no-win arguments he's making against me that I'm talking about.

##Vote: Somber. I don't know, as I said he strikes me as confused town, but some of his arguments are pretty fishy.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

No, it's not. He could have easily just asked for me to post my notes. Instead he tacked on a comment to be an rear end in a top hat. It's really not cool. The only mediums of Mafia I've found ruder players on are Facebook games and Starcraft II custom games. At least they can at least claim they're hiding behind anonymity and quick 20 minute games. I have no idea the excuse is here.

It was clearly a way for me to say that your opinion sounded fake and made up, it was not a "comment to be an rear end in a top hat" like holy poo poo I would hate to see what you think of Diqnol or Mills if you think Hal and I are abrasive

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

CCKeane replaces hiipfire

Play continues. Approximately 26 hours remain until deadline.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am here who is the scum

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh, I have replaced into one of these situations. FUN.

Well Dr. Hurt don't worry, The Fantastically Handsome CCKeane IS ON THE CASE.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Oh, I have replaced into one of these situations. FUN.

Well Dr. Hurt don't worry, The Fantastically Handsome CCKeane IS ON THE CASE.

Thank God. Keane iz here. Problum solvd.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd like a brief rundown of the cases on the top three as I go through the game.

I'd like Met's case on Somber
I'd like Mr. Tastee's case on Good Sir
I'd like Somber's case on Foolster41
I'd like Hurt's case on Met.
And I would also like a delicious hamburger, yum yum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Thank God. Keane iz here. Problum solvd.

This thread has now been granted the gift of unstoppable flatulence. Get the clothespins and matches boys and girls, it's going to be a ride.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I'd really like people who are lurking to stop it. Perticuarly I notice Capps hasn't posted much lately, or really at all this game.

Negetive Read
Somberbrero - Rediculously attacking me. Pretty clearly misrepresented what I said and the doubled down on it.
Met - Passively supported no-lynch, backpedeled?
Capps - As above, not much posting.
Good Sir - A little bit of hedging. I still see that as a little suspicious, though no huge sirens going off
Dr. Hurt - Not posting much, lots of one sentences posts.

Neutral Read:
Hal Incandenza
HiipFire
Met
Mr Tastee
Rurea

Positive Read:
Kumbamontu

CCKeane posted:

I'd like a brief rundown of the cases on the top three as I go through the game.

Hello. Please re-read my response. Much of Somber's case against me is based on complete misrepresentation, and exageration.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Foolster41 posted:

I'd really like people who are lurking to stop it. Perticuarly I notice Capps hasn't posted much lately, or really at all this game.

Negetive Read
Somberbrero - Rediculously attacking me. Pretty clearly misrepresented what I said and the doubled down on it.
Good Sir - A little bit of hedging. I still see that as a little suspicious, though no huge sirens going off

Neutral Read:
Hal Incandenza
HiipFire
Met
Mr Tastee
Rurea

Positive Read:
Kumbamontu

Hello. Please re-read my response. Much of Somber's case against me is based on complete misrepresentation, and exageration.

I didn't read poo poo yet.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I got feyling on Met. Why met no die after no lynch on him? Scum buddy no drop hammer no bus? Only town on met. Met bad guy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Foolster41 posted:

Negetive Read

Neutral Read:
Hal Incandenza
HiipFire
Met
Mr Tastee
Rurea

Positive Read:
Kumbamontu

You have me in there twice. Someone paying attention would have noticed that. Someone who might be trying to deflect what they can is less likely to do so. You're copy pasting other people's cases. I also don't recall backpedalling on no lynching Day 1. I'll tell you not lynching on Day 1 is a good move for townies in Role Madness and a great thing to discourage as scum by any means necessary.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Foolster

Okay.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##unvote

That vote no longer represents my read.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Met posted:

You have me in there twice. Someone paying attention would have noticed that. Someone who might be trying to deflect what they can is less likely to do so. You're copy pasting other people's cases. I also don't recall backpedalling on no lynching Day 1. I'll tell you not lynching on Day 1 is a good move for townies in Role Madness and a great thing to discourage as scum by any means necessary.

Nope, not copy-pasted from anyone's notes, though I did take into account arguments by people. I might be being lead along by Kumba, but he seems be pretty townish to me, and is making good observations, that is what I am basing that on.

I based the list of names off the OP and was sorting them and forgot to remove your list as I sorted it.

We're back to the no-lynch argument again? I got the impression that it was a very bad idea to do, especially in role madness on D1. Disagreement about no-lynch D1 is fine, but the idea that townies would want it and scum would clearly want to discourage it is rediculous since there's no way there's that many scum this game. (I'm pretty sure you're in the minority here). I can check back and see how that stands.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

CCKeane posted:

##vote Foolster

Okay.

May I ask, why? I assume you caught up with the thread?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Foolster41 posted:

Also, he complains I'm bringing up conversation about no-lynch, but also refusing to talk about no-lynch? This is the sort of no-win arguments he's making against me that I'm talking about.

##Vote: Somber. I don't know, as I said he strikes me as confused town, but some of his arguments are pretty fishy.

I took a break from writing to come in here and respond to Foolster but I couldn't even get past this post.

Foolster: "he(Somber) strikes me as confused town,"

Foolster is voting someone he thinks is town.

What Foolster is saying doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. If you are town and you stop and think "Hm, maybe I am wrong about this player," you reread and look for other scum. You do not vote that player anyway. I've heard this phrase in recently in games where people were noticing when players "lacked curiosity." This is a good example of that.

If you think that the above list is a solid effort on Foolster's part then don't vote Foolster, I guess. I think Met already pointed out why it is very fake.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Met

My vote on Somber was just a sbarro joke, this is the guy we should be going after. I feel his scuminess in my bones

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mmmmmm yeah mostly gut I suppose. D1 has been a bit of a mess even by D1 standards, but Met has:

- Passively supported a no-lynch then spent the only attention he has given this game on self-consciously backpedaling from that stance
- made a really easy vote with as little content behind it as possible

and that's it.

This was a dumb vote. At this point of the game, I've advocated not to lynch because I believe it would be more advantageous of town to not do so. I've read through my posts and don't see backpedaling there. I was adamant about this.

Shortly after, Hiip made a stupid vote. I put a vote on him to get his attention. 5 non-related posts in the thread later, Hal says I'm backpedaling.

Later in the thread, Foolster41 uses the same word. He didn't come up with that. He copy pasted that opinion. I'm feeling nudges towards me by Hal because it's convenient and Foolster either can't make his own opinion or assisting him in pushing that point that never made sense in the first place.

##vote Hal

On another note, Capps has not posted anything of value... at all. Just go through that. He's riding the game behind the scenes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

I took a break from writing to come in here and respond to Foolster but I couldn't even get past this post.

Foolster: "he(Somber) strikes me as confused town,"

Foolster is voting someone he thinks is town.

What Foolster is saying doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. If you are town and you stop and think "Hm, maybe I am wrong about this player," you reread and look for other scum. You do not vote that player anyway. I've heard this phrase in recently in games where people were noticing when players "lacked curiosity." This is a good example of that.

If you think that the above list is a solid effort on Foolster's part then don't vote Foolster, I guess. I think Met already pointed out why it is very fake.

I agree with this. (see my last post) My vote can go to Hal or Foolster at this point.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somber doesn't understand how the edge of incredibility works. "He seems like confused town" BUT divides it to why I don't think it is.

Maybe I should be more clear. Up to recently I thought Somber was annoying confused town, but he keeps making strange, outright false and contradictory claims that I can no longer make that assumption.

Happy, Somber? Nope, he's already made it clear no matter what I say it's an argument against me (see: talking both too much and not enough about no-lynch).

I'm surprised no one's called him on his misrepresentation of what I said. I think that's pretty blatent, and he insists that's completely fair. Read it again for yourself. I in no way say what he claims I said. That's pretty damning.

Also, if i think Somber is town Why dfid I put him in the negetive list?
Go home Somber, you're drunk.

The points were:
1.A simple mistake from copy+pasting from the OP's list I was sorting from "neutral" reads.
2.My post was not a copy+paste from anyone's notes, so that was false.
3.No-lynch is good for town on D1. (And I note you said it's "solid")

[quote]
taste. if you have bothered to read this setup you would know that a no-lynch is clearly stupid because our powers are one-use. so now we have to either hold onto them, potentially wasting them, or target them with zero information.[/qupte]
Know who said that? You. You're not making any sense at all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Foolster41 posted:

May I ask, why? I assume you caught up with the thread?

Well for one you're putting three times the effort into showing that you aren't scum compared to actually looking for scum

Also nah I haven't read the thread. I'll get to it eventually, I assume Hiipfire claimed my role as "A really offensive caricature Chipotle Commissioned and Never Used".

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Well, considering Somber's terrible logic (which I don't understand how no one else can see). I'm pretty sure Somber is scum.

[qupte=Foolster41]No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.[/quote]

Somber posted:

"no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."
I would like people to explain to me how this is a fair representation of what I said, and if not how someone could honestly defend this position?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hello good morning thread

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

hello good morning thread

Good morning kumba :sun:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What do you think of foolsters pseudo lumpenlist

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think the reasons he lists for capps and Hurt are poor but other than that I don't have much of an opinion on it tbqh. Equating lurking to being scum is not a good logical leap

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Although I just noticed he has Tastee in his neutral read camp despite lurking even harder than Hurt or capps, you'd think he would be in his Negative list

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Rur you said you were going to reread Good Sir & Met, what did you find

I find it odd I don't know what you think about anyone really except you have a sort of town newbie read on Good Sir and a sort of scumread on Foolster based on Somber's post who you also think might be scum maybe?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

So I forgot to go into votefinder and use the player replace feature last night. I just did that, votefinder counts should be accurate now (check your votes to make sure maybe)

Deadline in 12 hours at 10 PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Foolster41 (3): Somberbrero, Rurea, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane
Good Sir (2): Kumbamontu, Mr Tastee, mr.capps, Kumbamontu
Met (1): Dr. Hurt
Somberbrero (1): Rurea, Met, Rurea, Foolster41, Met
Hal Incandenza (1): Met
CCKeane (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (3): Good Sir, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours.

Reminder: If a scumteam member is successfully daykilled via majority vote, all players who had a vote on that scum at the time of :redhammer: gain one charge.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hey WM while you're here can you update the OP with blacking out the dead people, that'd be super useful tyvmia

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

hey WM while you're here can you update the OP with blacking out the dead people, that'd be super useful tyvmia

Your wish is my command

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

wall monitor posted:

Your wish is my command

:glomp:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Kumble will you pleaaaase vote Foolster? I promise I'll try a lot harder tomorrow if you do.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
why you bein so weird somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want Foolster to be dead. What are you talking about man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you just dont seem like your normal self

• Locked thread