Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Comrade Flynn posted:

So this happened while giving Das Volk a ride.

nm posted:

What I've learned:
Don't let Das Volk near any car.

Goddamn, you ain't kidding there. First the Viper, now the Lambo.

At least the engine didn't rapidly disassemble itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

some texas redneck posted:

Goddamn, you ain't kidding there. First the Viper, now the Lambo.

At least the engine didn't rapidly disassemble itself.
You're forgetting the Corvette.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

And the Cadillac!

cursedshitbox posted:

Das breaks everything that isn't a bavarian poo poo car I'm afraid.

I shudder to think what sort of unstoppable force / immovable object situation would be created if you put DV in the same room as Lowered Expectations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

And the Cadillac!

I shudder to think what sort of unstoppable force / immovable object situation would be created if you put DV in the same room as Lowered Expectations.

You've created nightmare fuel. I'm not getting any sleep tonight. :stare:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Coil packs got wet during a car wash. We left it for an hour and came back to find someone had spit on it. Also while loading it onto the truck two groups of teenagers drove past filming while screaming "human being".

I hate humanity.

Did you not read the service manual? You're only supposed to use distilled unicorn tears, sparingly applied to a sheet of fine silk and dabbed lightly around the engine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

nm posted:

You're forgetting the Corvette.

I thought the Corvette had massive fit and finish issues, not so much mechanical?

(it's been more than a minute since I read the thread though)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'm sorry and this sounds horrible but when I saw that image and read that I laughed out loud, that's some funny poo poo.

Sorry about your car and having to deal with the loving idiots :(

the spyder posted:

Did you not read the service manual? You're only supposed to use distilled unicorn tears, sparingly applied to a sheet of fine silk and dabbed lightly around the engine.

Haha. The unicorn tears got too close to the coils :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

About...halfway done with the 1:10 (/1:12)s. Onto the 1:24 and 1:18 scale.

This is so stupid I love it.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

IOwnCalculus posted:

And the Cadillac!

Universe ending paradoxes would ensue, obviously I'd make it my bitch. Although I maintain that in this instance my driving the car would have prevented the failure due to the rapid evaporation of said water :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Comrade Flynn posted:

Coil packs got wet during a car wash. We left it for an hour and came back to find someone had spit on it. Also while loading it onto the truck two groups of teenagers drove past filming while screaming "human being".

I hate humanity.

Jealous little shits who mean nothing in the end. gently caress em.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

nm posted:

What I've learned:

I've ridden in and driven one of DV's former cars, they're fine as long as they were made in Bavaria.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of massive fit and finish issues, can someone give me the short version why I should/shouldn't get a 2006 manual GTO?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Speaking of massive fit and finish issues, can someone give me the short version why I should/shouldn't get a 2006 manual GTO?

The Pontiac badge on the front.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The Pontiac badge on the back.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Aren't you in Sweden?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you were, drunk, say, and stole a street sign, a "speed humps" sign, would you be ashamed?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If i was 16 probably not. mid 20s? absolutely. shameful as hell.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But if you're closing in quickly on 30...?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Downsides are: no trunk, spotty parts availability, aforementioned Pontiac stuff, tire fitment in rear limits amount of power you can put down.

Upsides: LS motor is an absolute torque-monster blast. However, the same motor is available in a lot of other (better) cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

But if you're closing in quickly on 30...?

Well, i'm not gonna be the old man telling people not to have fun, but are you really having fun?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Powershift posted:

Well, i'm not gonna be the old man telling people not to have fun, but are you really having fun?

I'll have to ask the bottle of Royal Reserve I've just opened.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Powershift posted:

The man already drives a beetle, it's not like he's known for making good decisions even sober. :rimshot:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

The man already drives a beetle, it's not like he's known for making good decisions even sober. :rimshot:

oh, in that case, good nick. Grab a drill and some rivets and your passenger side has a floor again!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
What the gently caress? Every car in this house has a coolant leak. Including the future wife's Sonata.

Its either the extreme cold has made every thing turtle or Solihull syndrome has taken hold. Found a mysterious leak under the rover, crawled around for an hour underneath and its bone loving dry. The Sonata is the same... Found a small puddle under it this morning, crawled around for an hour and nothing. Need to hit the parts store and get a pressure tester.

:iiam:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Going to be just warm enough to melt the fresh snow a little bit then freeze over night. I think we're making up for the past few winters being mild and dry. Not sure if the roads will be better or worse on the way home. Fresh powder has grip even with inappropriate tires, compacted it's pretty unforgiving.
Haha this winter just keeps getting better. Things melted yesterday so the roads are all iced over now. I walked on it and thought it felt slick decided to try driving on it. As soon as I transitioned from snow to ice I started sliding and picking up speed. Made it to the snow along the side of the road then the back went around. I'm currently "parked" facing uphill in my yard at the bottom of my property. Good news is more snow tonight :argh:

TooLShack posted:

Homeworld remastered is being released tomorrow dude, go play that instead!
I'm really tempted to pick this up, I loved the original but never played the second. Might wait for it to go on sale though...I'm a cheap bastard.

:italy: I'll admit I laughed when I saw the snapchat from Das Volk. It hasn't started on fire yet so I'd say you're doing good.

nm posted:

What I've learned:
He breaks everything that isn't German. He even breaks those too I guess, just less often.

Geirskogul posted:

If you were, drunk, say, and stole a street sign, a "speed humps" sign, would you be ashamed?

I wouldn't even have to be drunk to not feel ashamed. There's so many signs around here I want to grab for garage decorations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

IOwnCalculus posted:

And the Cadillac!

Never fear - Melon Cat can fix it!

:refurb:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That flatbed driver is hating his life right there in that picture. Did it load easily?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

That is why I am glad I drive cheap beaters that I can remotor for 100 bucks. Any kind of failure and it's under a Benjamin for the part and a little bit of my time and I'm good. I don't like relying on others, waiting for tow trucks or service departments. Some safety wire and anger and I'm back on the road.

I have too bad of luck to own anything nice like that. Although I do miss my Legacy GT somedays.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Geirskogul posted:

I'll have to ask the bottle of Royal Reserve I've just opened.

Depends on what royal reserve is. Sounds like it should be a good drink, but down here it's maybe a import brandy at most (at worst some sherry or port stuff like that). I didn't even think you had royals in that part of the world.

Slow is Fast posted:

...and it's under a Benjamin for the part and a little bit of my time and I'm good.
The only thing I find under a Benjamin these days is a dirty nappy/diper :v:

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 25, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

I thought the Corvette had massive fit and finish issues, not so much mechanical?

(it's been more than a minute since I read the thread though)

The roof did delaminate and fly off at (dasvolk) highway speeds.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
dv should use his powers for good and just drive VWs and Chryslers from here on out. Tank their reliability scores. (oh wait :v: )

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Phone posted:

dv should use his powers for good and just drive VWs and Chryslers from here on out. Tank their reliability scores. (oh wait :v: )

A VW owned by him would run forever.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

bolind posted:

Aren't you in Sweden?

If the answer is yes, buy the goat.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
It's 10:20 am and I am already fully tuned up by stupid loving project managers/data security. Sigh. Also if I hear the word "remediate" in regards to fully automated managed software installs I'm going to hide under my desk for the rest of the day.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

That sucks the Lambo broke down, and I'd be livid if someone spit on any of my vehicles. Fuckers.

That being said, I do still have the sense of humour of 17 year old me... I am considering heading over to Rodeo Drive/Bev Hills next time I'm bored; spend an afternoon yelling "human being" at Lambos. As long as I have a few drive-thru car washes mapped out they will never catch me :haw:

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Got a small raise and a decent bonus at work, which was nice since today is my birthday. My partner is going to take me out to get steaks later. So far, I'm feeling pretty good about being 27. :toot:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Snow is pretty fun. I broke the back end loose going through a slow turn in my fwd car. :haw:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

That sucks the Lambo broke down, and I'd be livid if someone spit on any of my vehicles. Fuckers.

That being said, I do still have the sense of humour of 17 year old me... I am considering heading over to Rodeo Drive/Bev Hills next time I'm bored; spend an afternoon yelling "human being" at Lambos. As long as I have a few drive-thru car washes mapped out they will never catch me :haw:

It's not limited to Lambos, if you drive convertibles long enough you realize that it's an invitation for idiots to yell poo poo because they know you can hear them. Never mind the amount of garbage that gets thrown in them when parked in public areas. If I had a dollar for every time someone yelled human being at me or threw garbage in my car I'd be able to afford a Lambo by now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

leica posted:

It's not limited to Lambos, if you drive convertibles long enough you realize that it's an invitation for idiots to yell poo poo because they know you can hear them.

If I ever acquire a convertible I'm going to make a point of wearing rainbow clothing every time I drive it. Or maybe just get it painted rainbow colours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

zundfolge posted:

Got a small raise and a decent bonus at work, which was nice since today is my birthday. My partner is going to take me out to get steaks later. So far, I'm feeling pretty good about being 27. :toot:

I got that promotion and raise yesterday and today is also my birthday. Are you actually me? :tinfoil:

• Locked thread