Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The way PMom is running this campaign is just like that. Shallow and trite. Smiles and charisma, but no substance beneath. What are you stances PMom?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm launching my campaign for Gunhaver.

Give Pin a gun 2015He's gonna shoot Grandicap with it

This is not a case.

Pinterest Mom posted:

This:

makes me look bad, like I'm overreacting to a joke vote.

What actually happened is:

and then Somber made it clear it wasn't a joke vote. He quotes AN's original post again and adds that it

and tries to get Trill to engage with him on his bad case on AN:

and that's when I chime in with

Somber/Grandi scum team. Bag 'em and tag 'em.

This is not a Grandi case, this is a bad somber case with a Grandi suspicion thrown on the end.

Others are unsure about your case too.

You drop this:

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's not why I think Grandi is scum.

And follow up with this:

Pinterest Mom posted:

No, it's the first post I made explaining my dismissive "yeah okay" post. You'll want to go up four posts in my post history to find the post where I first call grandi scum.

But don't go into it. So I did some digging, and by that I mean I read your post history, which I was doing already.

This is apparently the post you are talking about :

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah.

Specifically, I'm being dismissive of the part where you say you will trust and not verify what I said about claiming VT, as if you're doing me a favour by believing me?

This post is the crux of your issue.

The exchange was this:

Grandicap posted:

A case about PM including a closing statement about the VT Claim

Grandicap posted:

PMom saying VT claims are her meta

Grandicap posted:

:words:
The VT thing is weird, but I have no reason to believe you would lie about that when it would be so easy for me to check. I will trust and not verify.

Grandicap posted:

This sounds dismissive. I can't tell because it is the internet, but are you being dismissive?
This saddens me PMom.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah.

Specifically, I'm being dismissive of the part where you say you will trust and not verify what I said about claiming VT, as if you're doing me a favour by believing me?

So I cut some stuff because I actually want people to read the exchange, and people have a habit of glossing over quote heavy posts. But you are being very difficult in defining what your case was, referring to old posts why you think I'm scum referencing them in roundabout ways. You are being ambiguous, which allows the reader to fill in the reasons. This is manipulative behavior and I think it is because you are scum.

Follow up about the vig in general incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Join us Hal.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sure, I'll ##arm Mills. I'd like to see what he does with it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Do you have reads on anyone else, Grandi?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

As I was gathering info on vig-gate, I saw my thoughts have already been presented concisely, so this is not going to be as large as a post as I initially anticipated. But by announcing your kill target you give take away consequences from the shoot action, because you are implicitly asking permission before getting the gun and pulling the trigger.
Also there is the easy to manipulate by the scum thing, a plurality driven vig, especially with the vote spread as it is, could easily be shifted by a scum team to a certain outcome (ie, not hitting scum). If I were scum, I would definitely choose the player who has announced they would shoot a not scum target rather than a player who has reads that they have talked about, but no set agenda. The chance they could hit scum would be too high for the risk. If there is anything scum hate, it is uncertainty. A SK is the scariest thing to a scum, they already have to deal with not getting lynched, dealing with death from another avenue is not a good thing.

##arm Trill

He is the player who's intuition I trust the most. I also feel like I can read him as scum, but I might be deluding myself there.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

He's asking you to arm me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you have reads on anyone else, Grandi?

Yes, but I find going scattershot on d1 is detrimental to my cases. I feel positively about Hal and negatively about Ernie. though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey jerks, I know my play has been BM so far so just wanted to give you the same heads up I did Byers: I was out celebrating last night and in the city with the lady today (Larry David's play is really funny, unsurprisingly). I haven't read anything but I'll be catching up at my job tomorrow because lol work.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Change your votes. Arm me. I will do the funniest thing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Change your votes. Arm me. I will do the funniest thing.

Shooting me wouldn't be funny!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grandicap posted:

As I was gathering info on vig-gate, I saw my thoughts have already been presented concisely, so this is not going to be as large as a post as I initially anticipated. But by announcing your kill target you give take away consequences from the shoot action, because you are implicitly asking permission before getting the gun and pulling the trigger.
Also there is the easy to manipulate by the scum thing, a plurality driven vig, especially with the vote spread as it is, could easily be shifted by a scum team to a certain outcome (ie, not hitting scum). If I were scum, I would definitely choose the player who has announced they would shoot a not scum target rather than a player who has reads that they have talked about, but no set agenda. The chance they could hit scum would be too high for the risk. If there is anything scum hate, it is uncertainty. A SK is the scariest thing to a scum, they already have to deal with not getting lynched, dealing with death from another avenue is not a good thing.

##arm Trill

He is the player who's intuition I trust the most. I also feel like I can read him as scum, but I might be deluding myself there.

Also, would you be so kind as to arm Mills? I don't mind having the gun myself, but I'd rather get a read on someone else than to give you all a read on me since I think I'm too obvious at being town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"i'm too obviously town. it's my burden."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

15 minutes to decide who gets the gun. I'm gonna play some more counterstrike.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

"i'm too obviously town. it's my burden."

Actually, it is a burden. When I DO roll scum, it makes the level of effort I have to put in far too much for a recreational game and I end up really stressed out from it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Actually, it is a burden. When I DO roll scum, it makes the level of effort I have to put in far too much for a recreational game and I end up really stressed out from it.

Town is much more stressful than scum.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wouldn't shoot you diq

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Town is much more stressful than scum.

Not for me, it isn't. Everyone is different.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You should've seen my multiple gambit attempts with Keane over Facebook chat. I sounded like a crazy person.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
^in Ecco's game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

While I do regularly sound like a crazy person playing as town in mafia, as scum I'm constantly freaking out that I've made a mistake.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

##arm Twin Democracy over Dictatorship.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque, gimme some skin

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##arm Mills

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Give me the gun

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##arm murmur

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

##arm murmur

:'/

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Give me the gun

if you arm murmur, you'll have one fourteenth of a gun, which is better than zero fourteenths.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little Mac posted:

Give me the gun

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

4 Mills, 3 MT, 1 AT, a bunch of non voters. 5 minutes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

if you arm murmur, you'll have one fourteenth of a gun, which is better than zero fourteenths.

If you arm murmur, you'll be giving scum four fourteenths of a gun (or maybe 3!)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

True and Real posted:

If you arm murmur, you'll be giving scum four fourteenths of a gun (or maybe 3!)

you're giving scum 3/14 or 4/14 of a gun by giving it to mills, though, assuming he's as likely to be scum as anyone (and he is)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

True and Real posted:

Poque, gimme some skin

ok ##arm Trill

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

ok ##arm Trill

Gahh!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i don't know what you want!!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

C_C

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
*gchat huffing-face emoticon*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills is town. You know how I know? He sent me 50 bucks via paypal to say that he is.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
one month probation imo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You have one minute to give me a fun for best ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010