Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Feenix posted:

So can you better explain what this zombies mode in Havoc DLC is? Is it what Xbox has had for a while? It's a whole co-op campaign, right?

Sadly, it's only a single map for now. If you have the basics of Zombies gameplay down, Spoonman laid out strategies and sound opinions a few pages back.
e: this one - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630852&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#post440831573

You and zombies have exo suits and jump around everywhere. It's a fun novelty, but it does wear off after multiple runs when you aren't seeing any improvement. You play until you lose.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

I don't know if I'll play much BLOPS 1 if they make a Modern Warfare Trilogy.

Can you imagine if they left the weapon balance as-is? MW2 would be populated 24/7 with pubbies just going ape-poo poo. :supaburn:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MW2's weapon balance is still far better then AW's.

Maybe tweaking OMA slightly so it doesn't refill noob tubes would make a big difference.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Better" isn't the word I would choose. "More fun"? Certainly. But it was never balanced; everything was a one-upsmanship of insanity. :getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

"Better" isn't the word I would choose. "More fun"? Certainly. But it was never balanced; everything was a one-upsmanship of insanity. :getin:

I still remember getting a cross map headshot with an uzi in mw2.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

MW2's weapon balance is still far better then AW's.

Maybe tweaking OMA slightly so it doesn't refill noob tubes would make a big difference.
Hell no, that was the best part. 420 tube bunker on Afghan errday.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hell no, that was the best part. 420 tube bunker on Afghan errday.

gently caress yes! (Really though they'd have to fix it:rolleyes:)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Remove Stopping Power, remove Danger Close, and call it a day.
(Then it becomes BLOPS minus the dogs)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

kenny powerzzz posted:

gently caress yes! (Really though they'd have to fix it:rolleyes:)
Actually my favorite thing to do was hush in the weeds by C flag and throw C4 on it. I'd just lay there until I heard someone was capping, blow them up, then stroll over to their corpses and collect more C4 with scav. Rinse and repeat.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Removing stopping power is the reason why people complain about stealth perks being OP. The only thing you need to do to MW2 is nerf One Man Army and make Danger Close only affect killstreaks.

Also it would take 50 manure dump trucks for MW2 to roll around in to be anywhere close to resembling Black Ops.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 27, 2015

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Danger close/scav plus RPGs was the best fun thing about MW2. Especially Sub Base B.
Take that away and you might as well not bother.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Removing stopping power is the reason why people complain about stealth perks being OP. The only thing you need to do to MW2 is nerf One Man Army and make Danger Close only affect killstreaks.

Also it would take 50 manure dump trucks for MW2 to roll around in to be anywhere close to resembling Black Ops.

Except stealth perks in MW2 weren't OP, they were merely competitive with everything else. Changing a SCAR from a two hit kill to three won't change that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The tier 2 perks were competitive because of Stopping Power. Cold-Blooded Pro counters a lot of stuff in MW2, everybody would run it if Stopping Power was taken out. It would slow the game down immensely.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Oh man, I'd love to play MW2 as it was originally. Jav glitching was the best :3:

Also OMA danger close, tac inserting onto the roof in Terminal, LMG wallbanging...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I_Socom posted:

Oh man, I'd love to play MW2 as it was originally. Jav glitching was the best :3:

Also OMA danger close, tac inserting onto the roof in Terminal, LMG wallbanging...

Don't forget the Santa Claus glitch; infinite care packages. :woop:

And Hardline is more than good enough to keep up with Cold Blooded.
Or Lightweight Bladerunner builds. :ese:

I didn't need Stopping Power in the last five games, I don't need it in MW2; and Cold Blooded Pro isn't anywhere close to being as good as the MW3 version (Assassin Pro).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 27, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol DLC comes out for ps4 and not one peep in here about it. Who would of thought

Any other season pass idiots wanna play this weekend?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Lol DLC comes out for ps4 and not one peep in here about it. Who would of thought

Any other season pass idiots wanna play this weekend?

I apparently bought the season pass sometime last year so yes. I haven't touched AW in like a month but I'm keen to get playing again.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

This. As hosed up as MW2 was even through all the glitches (care package knifing being the most fun and infinite care packages being the worst) it was the most fun game for me. And based on the SA Call Of Duty threads I'd say a lot of goons would agree. Some days you couldn't read the thread and play the game, the thread was that active. There were 5 or 6 crews that played every night that I knew of and I didn't even post here until then. Some crews had been together since MW1. It sucks to see those guys (like Promoted Pawn and even SA Rei) drop but I can't blame them. And this version of Duty which should be thriving as its on a newer more powerful console gets what, 15 posts or less a day here?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Per week.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

kenny powerzzz posted:

This. As hosed up as MW2 was even through all the glitches (care package knifing being the most fun and infinite care packages being the worst) it was the most fun game for me. And based on the SA Call Of Duty threads I'd say a lot of goons would agree. Some days you couldn't read the thread and play the game, the thread was that active. There were 5 or 6 crews that played every night that I knew of and I didn't even post here until then. Some crews had been together since MW1. It sucks to see those guys (like Promoted Pawn and even SA Rei) drop but I can't blame them. And this version of Duty which should be thriving as its on a newer more powerful console gets what, 15 posts or less a day here?

The best was on the rare occasions when 2 goon groups would get matched together randomly.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

When a five-man party invites another five-man party to fill and we have to play custom games of free for all until enough people get pissed and leave that we have a normal game...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've picked up the game and have been playing but there's not really anything to say about multiplayer. I haven't played in years and it's the same thing. I enjoy it in short bursts though.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Quabzor posted:

The best was on the rare occasions when 2 goon groups would get matched together randomly.

best part was the fallout in the thread

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Nighthand posted:

When a five-man party invites another five-man party to fill and we have to play custom games of free for all until enough people get pissed and leave that we have a normal game...

That still happened in Blops 2. "Belly-crawling only with Ballistic Knives and RPGs"

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

In blops we could do like, 18-person custom gun game too. That poo poo got ridiculous really fast.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Nighthand posted:

In blops we could do like, 18-person custom gun game too. That poo poo got ridiculous really fast.

We had a pretty awesome riot shields only gun game in MW3 with an insane amount of people like that as well.

Atlas Gorge has been added to the regular rotation, by the way. Still haven't seen the DLC maps added in yet though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

That still happened in Blops 2. "Belly-crawling only with Ballistic Knives and RPGs"

I miss doing stupid custom games in Blops 2. The best was smoke grenades, scavenger, bouncing betties, shields only.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Isn't it about that time of year for one of those 30 second teaser trailers, and YouTube click bait breakdown videos for the next cod?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
New CoD is announced around May so we'll probably be hearing speculation/leaks soon. Anyway, SH added :siren:15 :siren: more presiges to this game. Honestly, I haven't really played this game much recently. Been busy and it's not all that much fun to play this solo. Maybe if they ever get around to tuning the bad weapon balance in this game I'll check back in and try out the other guns because I'm bored of using/being killed by the ASM1 and BAL.

https://community.sledgehammergames...dvanced-warfare

Javes fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 1, 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

New CoD is announced around May so we'll probably be hearing speculation/leaks soon. Anyway, SH added :siren:15 :siren: more presiges to this game. Honestly, I haven't really played this game much recently. Been busy and it's not all that much fun to play this solo. Maybe if they ever get around to tuning the bad weapon balance in this game I'll check back in and try out the other guns because I'm bored of using/being killed by the ASM1 and BAL.

https://community.sledgehammergames...dvanced-warfare

In the future there are only two guns.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Javes posted:

Anyway, SH added :siren:15 :siren: more presiges to this game.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. Only because I need to be max prestige in the not poo poo CoDs.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Fibby Boy posted:

I miss doing stupid custom games in Blops 2. The best was smoke grenades, scavenger, bouncing betties, shields only.

I really love that the last time we played we were doing the custom games with super speed and poo poo. And only realized it once you noticed your sensitivity was all the way up.

That was like 2 years ago...

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Quabzor posted:

I really love that the last time we played we were doing the custom games with super speed and poo poo. And only realized it once you noticed your sensitivity was all the way up.

"Whoa why the hell is my sensitivity at 9?"

I miss cod with goons. :smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I miss the netcode pre-MW3.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I am just getting into this but haven't played since MW2, what is the big deal about prestiges? What do they do? Back then just one prestige was for super spergs that had already finished everything there was to do. Now I'm like level 20 after two hours, what the gently caress is the point?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

I am just getting into this but haven't played since MW2, what is the big deal about prestiges? What do they do? Back then just one prestige was for super spergs that had already finished everything there was to do. Now I'm like level 20 after two hours, what the gently caress is the point?

You get a rainbow unicorn as your calling card at 14th prestige or maybe 15th I dont remember. But it's cool.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

beaner69 posted:

You get a rainbow unicorn as your calling card at 14th prestige or maybe 15th I dont remember. But it's cool.

But I already have cute hello kitty style clouds barfing rainbows and bombs thanks to the goon clan.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The main Xbone clan is full? I'll make another if people will play.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Agoat posted:

The main Xbone clan is full? I'll make another if people will play.

If you're talking about BOYS, I seem to remember there being around 58 or so members last time I looked at the in-game roster. And I can't remember the last time I saw more than maybe three or four of those people online playing COD at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Quabzor posted:

Playing Custom Games was really fun. I miss Black Ops 2 alot.

• Locked thread