Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

What the gently caress was with Rollo ! His OCD got the better of him

Did you mean to post this in the Vikings thread?

On that note, if you're not watching Vikings, you need to get on that. It is such a fun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah at that point the cause of death is having been alive for 83 years.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Kurtofan posted:

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

Your 80's is the frontier of medical science at this point. Any treatments have as good of chance of killing you as saving your life, if not killing you faster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gerry Gergich lived to 100.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gerry Gergich lived to 100.

You mean lives, he doesn't die until 2048

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Anyone plan on making a thread for Last Man on Earth?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

I know he's been in a ton of stuff, but the only thing I really knew him from was Fringe. He was great in that though. Seems like he had had a good long life though and that's good.

I'm sorry Deadpool, you've contracted Ravanitis. Is there anybody we can call, anybody you want to say goodbye to?

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

It instantly went from one of my favorite things to watch to something I pretended wasn't on anymore. I gave up after about 5 eps (the last one I remember was The Hungry Games or whatever that was actually called). It's like they kept the voice cast and replaced every other creative with the writers room of Dads, perhaps one of whom had seen the source film. Hell, even the thread here vanished.

You made the right choice, the finale was an embarrassingly bad hourlong parody of The Wiz.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 27, 2015

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I gave up after about 5 eps (the last one I remember was The Hungry Games or whatever that was actually called).

That was the penultimate episode of the season, so rather than just 5 eps you watched all of it except for the finale.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

While we're on the subject of actors that were in TOS, everyone needs to watch To Be Takei if you haven't yet. I think it's on netflix. George Takei is just the most adorable old gay dude and he's so drat happy about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kurtofan posted:

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

Hey, in America, that's over our average life expectancy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

I'm sorry Deadpool, you've contracted Ravanitis. Is there anybody we can call, anybody you want to say goodbye to?

Well I mean I remember him from that one Twilight episode with Dean Stockwell. But my only other exposure besides that and Fringe was the two Star Trek movies I saw with Rifftrax and the JJ Abrams movie. So I know him mostly from Fringe because that's the only thing I really liked that I saw him in.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Leonard Nimoy, the guy from Fringe. Kids these days...

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm kinda with Deadpool on this one. While I am aware of and acknowledge a lot of the things that Nimoy has been in, the only thing I've ever actually seen him in was Fringe, and he was great in it. I'll miss the guy, and maybe now I'll actually get off my rear end and finally watch Star Trek.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Wandle Cax posted:

RIP the narrator from Civilization 4.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, it's not like I'm oblivious to the fact he was Spock and was famous for it among other things. I just never watched any of that stuff so I know him from the one thing I did watch and like him in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I know full well he's Spock but I was never a Star Trek fan and have barely watched any of that stuff. So for me I'll just get a little sad every time I play Civilization.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
You've never seen Wrath of Khan?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No and it looks terrible. He was great on Fringe. And the Unification episode of TNG.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I didn't grow up with Leonard Nimoy either, but the few things I've seen him in, he always brought a weird, addictive energy to the table. I know enough to know we lost someone great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

You've never seen Wrath of Khan?

I might have seen it when I was younger. I know I saw some of those Original Star Trek movies because my dad was into them. I just never really cared or enjoyed them. I watched a little of Next Generation and Deep Space Nine but that was basically just to bond with my dad. But then I learned he loved sports too so I abandoned the spaceships and aliens.

As an adult I just never had an interest in going back and checking that stuff out again. And the Original stuff looks too cheesy for me to take seriously.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I feel really loving old now...Thanks guys. I watched TOS first run....

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I know full well he's Spock but I was never a Star Trek fan and have barely watched any of that stuff. So for me I'll just get a little sad every time I play Civilization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCykB4mCytE

Pretty great choice for the narrator of human history.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I feel really loving old now...Thanks guys. I watched TOS first run....

Oh no, be careful, I read that being old was the cause of death.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BSam posted:

Oh no, be careful, I read that being old was the cause of death.

Yeah. He just expired. He passed his use by date. It was nothing to do with a pre-existing medical condition.

Smoke if you've got them guys, it's all fine.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah. He just expired. He passed his use by date. It was nothing to do with a pre-existing medical condition.

Smoke if you've got them guys, it's all fine.

BSam posted:

(8:13:15 PM) BSam: ugh priormarcus quoted me, i feel dirty

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rabbit Hill posted:

Did you mean to post this in the Vikings thread?

On that note, if you're not watching Vikings, you need to get on that. It is such a fun show.

Totally did yeah, hahah

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCykB4mCytE

Pretty great choice for the narrator of human history.

I'm going to play this game while watching old Star Trek for the first time in my life. Godspeed, Leonard Nimoy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have reviews for The Last Man on Earth said whether or not the first episode will explain what happened to everyone else?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

They say what caused it, but I don't think they go into detail.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Are you really posting an irc chatlog on the forum? gently caress off!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

lmao

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I might have said it with a bit more tact, but I do agree. Leave IRC stuff in IRC.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Shouldn't the Banshee thread be stickied? The new episode came on about nine minutes ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Shouldn't the Banshee thread be stickied? The new episode came on about nine minutes ago.

I usually do the stickies but I've been on my phone all week due to being out of town and I use the Awful app which has no mod buttons. So unless the other mods think about it you're out of luck for a few more days.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sorry Deadpool, but LORD OF BUTT disapproves.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
More like I don't keep up with whether the mods are busy. Apologies. :shobon:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Doesn't the realm of BUTT have any underlings that can keep up on that for you?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

You made the right choice, the finale was an embarrassingly bad hourlong parody of The Wiz.

Are you loving kidding me? :lol: I kinda want to see that in the same way I wanted to see the 2 1/2 Men finale (don't

less laughter posted:

That was the penultimate episode of the season, so rather than just 5 eps you watched all of it except for the finale.

I mean to say that the 5 eps I watched were nonconsecutive because I didn't make it a point to keep up based on what I did see, but I'll drop back in on a bad show I used to like just to see if things get better. They never do.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 28, 2015

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DivisionPost posted:

I didn't grow up with Leonard Nimoy either, but the few things I've seen him in, he always brought a weird, addictive energy to the table. I know enough to know we lost someone great.

You should really watch Fringe. I often wonder why you haven't watched it yet since being as into PoI as you are, it seems like a glaring omission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Wandle Cax posted:

I know him from the only Transformers movie I recognize. RIP Galvatron King of space robots

• Locked thread