Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jared592 posted:

Sorry to hammer on this again (and I seriously hope Crag is happy with his job or gets a better job if not), but I've been around long enough to know how this works: "Manning up" and taking the ol' lubeless pounding like that is bad for more than just that one employee- it tells the manager and ultimately, the company that "hey, people will tolerate this!" and sets a new, lower, bar for what is acceptable treatment.

For some reason when I see "Manning up" I think of :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Jared592 posted:

Sorry to hammer on this again (and I seriously hope Crag is happy with his job or gets a better job if not), but I've been around long enough to know how this works: "Manning up" and taking the ol' lubeless pounding like that is bad for more than just that one employee- it tells the manager and ultimately, the company that "hey, people will tolerate this!" and sets a new, lower, bar for what is acceptable treatment. The employees that hang around or put up with it because they need the money become so used to the lovely treatment that they normalize it, often to the point of perpetuating it, dismissing anyone who complains (particularly newbies) as weak/bitches/whiners. This doesn't really make sense, of course, because they're the ones with the uncaring, eyeless beast of business pistoning in and out of them.

(This isn't an anti-corporate/business rant- There are some great companies out there that actually give a poo poo about people and recognize that treating your employees well pays huge dividends.)

This is exactly what has happened at my current job, and why I cannot wait to find something else. It's a super demoralizing work environment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Question for military friends.

If you do something very shady in your private life like say, INSURANCE FRAUD, would the legal shennanigans cause problems in your military service? Possible discharge?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

If you do something very shady in your private life like say, INSURANCE FRAUD, would the legal shennanigans cause problems in your military service? Possible discharge?

Yep, without a doubt.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I remember this story!! :allears:

I think anyways

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I remember this story!! :allears:

I think anyways

This is actually a new one. A sort of friend of mine used to live in my complex, she moved out about two months back. She had bought a relatively expensive motorcycle in the summer (despite not knowing how to ride one) and parked it in the complex parking lot. Well I guess the payments got to be too much so she reported it stolen shortly before she moved out. I heard that they found it the other day, it was behind a bank of garages in a wooded area and under a tarp. Which contradicts her story of seeing some guys push it into the bed of a truck and taking off with it.

We ceased really being friends because she lied to my face about something fairly major but she reached out to me today and tried to get me to back up her lie about seeing the bike get stolen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

We ceased really being friends
Good move

Rhyno posted:

tried to get me to back up her lie about seeing the bike get stolen.
Tell her to pound sand. In fact, I'd consider telling her CO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Memento posted:

Good move

Tell her to pound sand. In fact, I'd consider telling her CO.

Her former roommate already did. She also seemed to forget she tried to get me to back her up when she filed the police report and I was like "my apartment is on the other side of the building, I didn't see poo poo."

She's one of the many I started kicking out of my life in December, I have no wish to revisit any of that. And when we move in a month I'm going to consider it a total fresh start and basically "break-up" with a lot of people.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh man, the new episode of Archer is basically an homage to Bullitt. loving awesome :allears:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Motronic posted:

the IT staff feels like it's an "us vs. them" situation with the users, and don't understand that they are on the EXPENSE side of the ledger

hmm wonder why they feel like that

you're literally part of the problem

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T1g4h posted:

Oh man, the new episode of Archer is basically an homage to Bullitt. loving awesome :allears:

Tactleneck?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

InitialDave posted:

"Bother" said Pooh, as his misjudged slide saw him take out two trees and a corner worker.
:golfclap: Well played.

Sitting in VA playing Spintires with goons and drinking. Picked up the car a few hours ago. Pictures in the morning or at some point when I remember.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Yes. If you know her unit, call it. Not the CO, but even if you find their website and can email them it will have a massive effect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Yes. If you know her unit, call it. Not the CO, but even if you find their website and can email them it will have a massive effect.

I don't, never cared to know. But the roommate she hosed over (still my good buddy) already made that call.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

go3 posted:

hmm wonder why they feel like that

you're literally part of the problem

Tbf the whole situation is a problem and when employers hire employees who barely know how to work the magic box known as the computer (or only know how to work the 5 programmes they use) then inundate the IT staff with God drat stupid questions or avoidable problems it's not exactly shocking that the IT staff get attitudes towards the staff and set up frameworks that restrict the staffs ability to use their computers to the point of causing major issues like that.

Also computer janitors tend to be the worst kind of fedora wearing redditor scum imaginable and their already "I'm smarter than you and have no social skills" persona helps nothing in these scenarios

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I just ate a Stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut, with jalapenos, sausage, peperoni, and the spicy red pepper crust. I

So much regret stuffed into one pizza. :negative:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSims posted:

I just ate a Stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut, with jalapenos, sausage, peperoni, and the spicy red pepper crust. I

I had chicken fingers and chicken nachos last night. I hate myself so loving much today for doing that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My wife is forcing me to take all these vitamins to help with my digestion problems and I noticed that dairy doesn't bother me anymore, so I doubked down just to see and drank a glass of milk.

2 gallons of milk in 4 days later, I have yet to poo poo myself and I am so goddamn happy because I haven't been able to do this in like five years or whenever it was when I had my gallbladder removed.

I should note that none of these vitamins have any sort of enzymes in them though one is a probiotic.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Drinking milk is disgusting and for children.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

Good thing you're both disgusting and a child.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Phone posted:

Counterpoint: Dutch chocolate milk. That poo poo is delicious.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oreos and Milk 4 Lyfe :colbert:

e. Also Chocolate milk.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

I really wish that papa John's would bring that spicy BBQ chicken pizza back. That was one of the best pizza I've ever had

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Try the GOMAD diet and learn what it's like to basically deliver a baby sized poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My favourite snack and comfort food is a big glass of milk and a package of saltines.

Second favourite is a big glass of milk and tostitos.

Also good with milk are pretzels, curry ramen noodles, Doritos, spicy hot Cheetos, pad thai, and other things I can't remember right now because I haven't had them in so long.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Orange milk.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Milk and sushi is also cool and good

Milk and pizza is gross but that's all I can think of that I wouldn't drink milk with right now.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Milk gives me instant poo poo. Proteins give me instant poo poo. Every thing gives me instant poo poo.

I hate my GI tract. I was fine until I quite smoking.

Edit: Days Of Thunder is on Amazon prime for free for those of us lucky enough..... Just saying.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 28, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Dude if I drank two gallons of milk you fuckers could see it from alpha centauri.

BrokenKnuckles: guess what buddy. It doesn't get any better. :suicide:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IOwnCalculus posted:

Orange milk.

Nasty

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

Dude if I drank two gallons of milk you fuckers could see it from alpha centauri.

BrokenKnuckles: guess what buddy. It doesn't get any better. :suicide:

Ugh. I just try to keep away from certain oils and dairy.

Like tonight I ate chorizo (amazing) and rice. And 3 huge rear end margaritas... No stomach problems at all. It drives me crazy because I keep a food log and there's no rhyme or reason to it all.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Milk gives me instant poo poo. Proteins give me instant poo poo. Every thing gives me instant poo poo.

I hate my GI tract. I was fine until I quite smoking.

Edit: Days Of Thunder is on Amazon prime for free for those of us lucky enough..... Just saying.

Have you tried any probiotics? If there's not rhyme or reason to it, your flora may be hosed up. Before I had my gallbladder out, any type of fat made me sick as a dog and also I would poo poo poopy snots and my shoulder would hurt. Then I had it removed and while I still sometimes get the shits from fat it's not nearly as bad

Where's holdbrooks when yah need him

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I have believe it or not. I take a cocktail of pills though. 1 lexapro, 1 probiotic, 1 muscle relaxer and an ambian at night.

I'm kicking the ambian, as its not working anymore. My sleep schedule is hosed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Painting sucks. I think rolling the actual paint on the car will suck even more. Kind of thinking a full on spray bomb is going to happen.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have believe it or not. I take a cocktail of pills though. 1 lexapro, 1 probiotic, 1 muscle relaxer and an ambian at night.

I'm kicking the ambian, as its not working anymore. My sleep schedule is hosed.

I take lexapro too. That's whats doing it I bet. I have the same problems and they make no sense like yours.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Painting sucks. I think rolling the actual paint on the car will suck even more. Kind of thinking a full on spray bomb is going to happen.

Sticker bomb it. Sticker bomb every panel.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Senior Funkenstien posted:

I take lexapro too. That's whats doing it I bet. I have the same problems and they make no sense like yours.

I was just going to say this

Sucks :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm a big fan of the Juke R, but I've been having a day dream lately of something similarly brash but much more simple: an MR Juke with a VQ in the back, like the Clio stuff. It'd continue the Renault(Nissan) legacy of bonkers MR hatches.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T1g4h posted:

Sticker bomb it. Sticker bomb every panel.

A friend suggested I glue Cards Against Humanity cards and clearcoat over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Rhyno posted:

A friend suggested I glue Cards Against Humanity cards and clearcoat over that.

That would actually be kinda awesome. I dig it.

• Locked thread