Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dessert Rose posted:

also i think i played doctor or something afterwards in the church, they just left us there for hours apparently

well duh, churches are 100% safe for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
at first i thought that was a dyslexia simulation

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i love the characters they use

yeah just shift 9 over one and flip 2 and 3, we have to make it as pointlessly obtuse as possible

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Boxturret posted:

i love the characters they use

So... It's just hexadecimal with different characters?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

oh yea he helpfully catalogued his insanity for us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Luke-Jr

what the hell

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sentient Data posted:

So... It's just hexadecimal with different characters?

it uses different characters because it was invented in the mid-19th century before hexadecimal numbering with letters was standardized.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
You mean before risperidone was invented

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

text editor posted:

<luke-jr> cosurgi: by design, it contains "random" data-- I've just been setting some of that "random" data to prayers

<Graet> mm interesting luke-jr i understand you are strong in your faith but you dont think putting prayers in might alienate some ppl - after all btc is multidenominational
<luke-jr> Graet: Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
<Graet> and you make your non catholic miners aware of this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38007.0

edit - lol

luke-jr : (23:58) MSSmallBiz: there is no such thing as a non-Catholic Christian by definition
Yeti : (23:58) luke-jr: close to a billion people disagree with you on that
luke-jr : (23:59) Yeti: irrelevant
luke-jr : (23:59) truth is not a democracy either
MSSmallBiz : (23:59) luke-jr: then what do you call Baptist, just Baptist? A Episcopalian is ?
luke-jr : (23:59) MSSmallBiz: heretics

dude is my favorite/least favorite bitcoiner because not only is he a tremendous piece of poo poo, but he has 4 children and a probably battered wife he subjects to it

hail satan every fuckin day

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Bitcoin's lost year: Ignore 2014 and the price trend seems positive. See chart.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh man that kid's tonal numbers homework made me really, really sad. Little guy's never gonna be able to figure out real loving numbers if they spent their entire childhood learning archaic base-16 bullshit. I mean even when they hopefully flee as far away from their hosed-up dad as they can and try to learn base-10 stuff to be able to function in society at even a basic level it will always be massively harder for them since their brains won't be squishy anymore, like learning a second language as an adult except instead of a language it's how math works. :smith:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

How buttcoiners view bitcoin. Check and mate :smuggo:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
someone should call CPS on This User

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
because Christ

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

spivak's calculus book is some arrogant fuckin poo poo

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

duTrieux. posted:

we've been having nighttime lows in the upper 50s. poo poo's been apocalyptic

heck, that's what it's like in Seattle now too

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

is it weird that I know him?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

it's been done to death but that is the closest graph i've seen to bubblegraph.jpg

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
no matter what scale you look at bitcoin price, it's always exactly bubble.jpg, it's strange.

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

Sentient Data posted:

How buttcoiners view bitcoin. Check and mate :smuggo:

close thread, delete r/buttcoin, etc, its over

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"luke-jr" sounds like a name you'd see on freep, and what do you know he's got loving subhuman trash opinions to match.

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
he's probably on occidental empires or stormfront trying to get Volkcoin started

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

QuarkJets posted:

anyone who puts "vacation" and "bible school" together is a loving liar, if you're going to school then you're not on vacation dipshit

see also 'camp' with any other words attached to it

except maybe space

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

bucketmouse posted:

except maybe space

During one of my school vacations, I went to a space-themed bible camp thing.

Okay, I lied, it wasn't a camp, I got to go home at night.

I don't remember much about it but I don't remember enjoying being at my school and doing quizzes while I was on vacation, despite the space theme.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

bucketmouse posted:

except maybe space

what about camps about concentrating really hard?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Jabor posted:

what about camps about concentrating really hard?
outdoor school?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bucketmouse posted:

except maybe space

our school had a "calculus camp" for a week during the school year if you were in one of the AP courses, but it was actually really awesome. Instead of 5 days of a normal school week we screwed around in the woods and made huge bonfires and did two hours of calculus each day. That's twice as much calculus as a normal day, but no other classes plus actual camp, so it was great overall

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

QuarkJets posted:

our school had a "calculus camp" for a week during the school year if you were in one of the AP courses, but it was actually really awesome. Instead of 5 days of a normal school week we screwed around in the woods and made huge bonfires and did two hours of calculus each day. That's twice as much calculus as a normal day, but no other classes plus actual camp, so it was great overall

So who were the bullies in such pecking orders? The guys who had games on their TI's?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
http://bitcorati.com/2015/02/24/australian-independent-reserve-ceo-adam-tepper-predicts-bitcoin-stability/

quote:

February 24, 2015
Adam Tepper, CEO of the Australian Bitcoin market Independent Reserve, has a lot to say about Bitcoin. He speaks from the position of a long-time industry observer that has grown to admire the tenacity of this fledgling but thriving ecosystem. The Bitcoin technology has earned its recognition slowly but surely even midst a seemingly continuously falling bitcoin price. In a discussion paper on Bitcoin and digital currencies released by Independent Reserve, Tepper observed that Bitcoin both has come a long way and has a long way to go still:

“At the moment, the price of Bitcoin is very susceptible to any kind of change or news, but this will diminish as Bitcoin becomes more mainstream, there are more users, and the infrastructure continues to solidify. Bitcoin will continue to fluctuate in the immediate future but the swings will reduce over time.”

Independent Reserve Believes in Bitcoin
I absolutely agree. Over the last year we have seen reddit post after tweet after forum thread asking why X piece of news didn’t cause the bitcoin price to either go to the moon or crash into the ocean. Gone are the days of bouncing corpse jokes. We have already seen the trend that Tepper has described so adequately. Bitcoin will always fluctuate because it is not fixed. There is no disappearing price floor, which is somewhat like a convoluted and unmaterialized currency peg if you really think about it. However, especially over the last year, the Bitcoin price has maintained more or less a steady trajectory. Of course, the trajectory during that timeframe has been mostly down and around. Much to the lament of newly-tech-savvy get-rich-quick schemesters, the lack of humongous drops in the bitcoin exchange rate on failing exchanges is also accompanied by the lack of the bull runs of yore.

Why doesn’t the bitcoin price fluctuate and move as much as it used to? What will ignorant “tech” journalists write about to stay relevant after failing to predict Bitcoin’s demise for the umpteenth time? The most important development in the Bitcoin ecosystem during the last two years doesn’t make it all the way to your local Fox News channel the way that Ross Ulbricht’s recent conviction might have. Bitcoin has attracted the attention of some of the most forward-thinking venture capitalists in the world. The visionaries that saw the potential in the products that you are using today are into Bitcoin. Those that developed the concepts and actions that are second nature to you today but were completely unthinkable to you ten years ago – things like tweeting. sharing, posting, and tagging – are into Bitcoin. As Tepper says:

“It has some powerful backers, including Sir Richard Branson, Bill Gates, and venture capitalist Tim Draper, who bought XBT 30,000 seized from Silk Road auctioned by the US Marshalls for around USD 19 million.”

Draper has since bought another large chunk of bitcoin outside of the US Marshall’s auction setting. Tim Draper’s son, Adam Draper, is leading Boost Venture Capitalist accelerator/incubator into its fifth Bitcoin class. Each of Boost VC’s supported Bitcoin companies gets access to an industry-leading team of consultants and advice along with 300 BTC in addition to the normal $10,000 to $20,000 in fiat currency exchanged for equity.

The vast amount of new Bitcoin startups moving to San Francisco to join up with helping hands such as Boost VC or Plug and Play are just one side of the growing Bitcoin ecosystem. Around the world, new services such as Independent Reserve are rising up as many founders are leaving their positions in the old guard of fin-tech to tread into new and unexplored territory. As both users and employees leave banks for the Bitcoin world, there is no doubt that the future is bright. Expect to see more high-profile signs that Bitcoin is beginning to chip away at existing financial systems, which are by and large inefficient and out of date.

Tepper finished with these salient words:

“There’s no doubt that the traditional banking and payments systems will fight to maintain their dominance of the markets. But as consumer demand continues to grow, we will see Bitcoin integrating more and more into the financial ecosystem. Significant progress will be made this year, and by new year 2016 we will see Bitcoin far more prevalent among mainstream users.”
Salient words from Mr. Tepper, he is truly the wisest man in the bitcoin economy. we'll be hearing from him for a long time.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Australian-expat-killed-Phuket-motorbike-crash/51464

quote:

February 28, 2015
The body of Adam Tepper, 34, was found in Sai Yuan Junction on Wiset Road below a destroyed traffic sign. The motorbike Mr Tepper was riding was about 30 meters away.

Mr Tepper was not wearing a helmet and struck his head on the sign – he died instantly,” said Capt Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police.

“I believe he was moving very fast at the time of the crash, as part of the sign pole was buried a meter underground, and it was pulled out by the impact.”

Mr Tepper’s body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital.
n/m

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

text editor posted:

<luke-jr> cosurgi: by design, it contains "random" data-- I've just been setting some of that "random" data to prayers

<Graet> mm interesting luke-jr i understand you are strong in your faith but you dont think putting prayers in might alienate some ppl - after all btc is multidenominational
<luke-jr> Graet: Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
<Graet> and you make your non catholic miners aware of this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38007.0

edit - lol

luke-jr : (23:58) MSSmallBiz: there is no such thing as a non-Catholic Christian by definition
Yeti : (23:58) luke-jr: close to a billion people disagree with you on that
luke-jr : (23:59) Yeti: irrelevant
luke-jr : (23:59) truth is not a democracy either
MSSmallBiz : (23:59) luke-jr: then what do you call Baptist, just Baptist? A Episcopalian is ?
luke-jr : (23:59) MSSmallBiz: heretics

dude is my favorite/least favorite bitcoiner because not only is he a tremendous piece of poo poo, but he has 4 children and a probably battered wife he subjects to it

what an utterly loathsome human being

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

So who were the bullies in such pecking orders? The guys who had games on their TI's?

one of the kids bullied everyone else with this thing he called a "blockchain" that was just a foam brick at the end of a long metal chain, that guy was an rear end in a top hat, his name was satoshi but we all called him fatoshi cause he was 400 pounds. pretty sure he had autism

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If there was a need for helmets the free market would provide for it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

QuarkJets posted:

one of the kids bullied everyone else with this thing he called a "blockchain" that was just a foam brick at the end of a long metal chain, that guy was an rear end in a top hat, his name was satoshi but we all called him fatoshi cause he was 400 pounds. pretty sure he had autism

My bully at video games camp did this thing called a genesis block where he be the only one allowed to play Genesis while blocking the tv with his fat self

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MGN001
May 12, 2012

fermun posted:

Adam Tepper

That sign should be put in jail. It clearly initiated violence against Mr. Tepper.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

MGN001 posted:

That sign should be put in jail. It clearly initiated violence against Mr. Tepper.

the sign was just a whitehat hacker, showing adam tepper how to follow proper motorcycle opsec. now that he knows to always wear a helmet, i'm sure the sign will restore 50% of his life and keep the rest as a fee for finding that exploit.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

looks like he pulled a real boner this time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

fermun posted:

the sign was just a whitehat hacker, showing adam tepper how to follow proper motorcycle opsec. now that he knows to always wear a helmet, i'm sure the sign will restore 50% of his life and keep the rest as a fee for finding that exploit.

that still has to be the most baffling sentence i've ever read in connection to hacking

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Too soon, man, too soon.

Wait for at least one confirmation.

n/m Australian CEO of Bitcoin market company Independent Reserve has died in a motorcycle crash

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

indigi posted:

we've had a lot of great, succinct compliations of the antics of logansryche, americanpegasus, BFL/Josh/Inaba, etc., but I feel like the only thing I know about Luke-jr is the tonal numbering system and it looks like there's a lot more gold in that there hill
:ms:

Tayter Swift posted:

what an utterly loathsome human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Happy birthday from r/bitcoin

quote:

[–]Introshine 9 points 3 hours ago

This miner is so tasty, I'd like to fork it.

amirite.

• Locked thread