Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T1g4h posted:

That would actually be kinda awesome. I dig it.

If I was keeping it I'd do it. But I am getting ideas for future cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

some texas redneck posted:

I didn't make poo poo for tips yesterday either. $26 for 9 hours, it was loving dead all day. :sigh: Hopefully today is better.

Walked out with $100 today after 19 deliveries. Record breaking snowfall, record breaking high temp (for the lowest high temp on this day). My boss is from Detroit (and hasn't been in Texas for winter before), and took a few deliveries - he said the ice isn't like anything he'd ever experienced in Michigan, and said people here are loving stupid - everyone is either doing 5 mph or 60 mph.

Got to call 911 while on a delivery. Heard smoke alarms going off from a house a few doors down from the house I was at. Went over to the house, rang the doorbell, no answer, looked in a window, saw one light on, and it looked a little hazy near the light, but didn't smell anything. The fire department is literally across the street from that subdivision (the fire truck turned onto the street leading into the subdivision as I was leaving). I hope it was just something pissing off a smoke detector, and I hope the haze was just dirty windows, but better safe than sorry when it comes to :supaburn:.

Goober Peas posted:

November 22nd was a good date for you

That was also my doing. :v: I went on a drunken avatar buying spree for a few... months. I think Motronic's lasted the longest.

Tusen Takk posted:

my phone bill is $40/month for 10GB

What if 10GB isn't enough?

That's a light month for me, and doesn't include wifi. We have wifi at work, but it's 1.5mbit DSL that's primarily used for receiving online orders and for credit card authentication (the authentication is on the other side of a SonicWall, before anyone starts yelling about PCI compliance). I pull 30+mbit on LTE, so you can probably guess which one I'm going to prefer.

Tusen Takk posted:

Have you tried any probiotics? If there's not rhyme or reason to it, your flora may be hosed up. Before I had my gallbladder out, any type of fat made me sick as a dog and also I would poo poo poopy snots and my shoulder would hurt. Then I had it removed and while I still sometimes get the shits from fat it's not nearly as bad

I've often wondered if my gallbladder is causing my digestive and poo poo issues. I don't get sick after eating, but anything with much fat = snot poop party within about 15 minutes, and you can actually see the grease floating. :barf:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have believe it or not. I take a cocktail of pills though. 1 lexapro, 1 probiotic, 1 muscle relaxer and an ambian at night.

It's gotten to where I don't even remember all the meds I take until I refill the drat :corsair: pill box every week, and have to keep a card in my wallet with all the meds (and allergies) listed on it in case I'm in something like a car wreck or diabetic coma (or some form of medical emergency where I can't communicate), as some of these meds don't play nice with others (particularly naltrexone + pain killers).

At the moment, I'm taking glyburide and metformin twice a day; lisinopril, citalopram (celexa), and naltrexone once a day, diphenhydramine and simvastatin at bedtime, phenergan as needed, Sulbutiamine+Choline, low dosage asprin, plus a multivitamin.

tl;dr shake me and hear the pills rattle

Senior Funkenstien posted:

I take lexapro too. That's whats doing it I bet. I have the same problems and they make no sense like yours.

Oh god. I was on Lexapro for awhile. The brain zaps when I got off of it...

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tusen Takk posted:

I was just going to say this

Sucks :(

I quit smoking around the same time I started lexapro. But I enjoy being way more even keeled now. I'm not scared to poop in a public restroom.

STR: I need to Facebook chat you later about these brain zaps....

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

From what I understand, ice on southern roads is crazy different because you guys actually have smooth roads down there and usually the county will put at least a tiny bit of salt down before it gets bad, though I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Also yeah if you every get the snotty shits that's a good sign that your gall bladder/pancreas/whatever is acting up. I don't think they do anything about it until you can't keep food down and your left shoulder and mid back ache anytime you even look at something fatty.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Outside of metro areas, there's just not a whole lot of money or infrastructure for snow plows and salt trucks.

I need a 4cyl 5-speed. Just filled the tank on my wife's Kia Soul. While not a manual, 20 bucks for a full tank and 25mpg city has me really loving the boxy fucker.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

some texas redneck posted:

What if 10GB isn't enough?

A couple of weeks ago, one swedish mobile operator increased the data limit from twelve to one hundred GB per month without raising the cost ($49 eqv) for their customers. I expect the others to follow shortly.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I quit smoking around the same time I started lexapro. But I enjoy being way more even keeled now. I'm not scared to poop in a public restroom.

I'm a different person now on lexapro. I can actually go out and do things(Its why I bought the honda and started my car reno spree). The liquid shits suck but the good outweighs it for me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ahahahahah guess what just popped up on my tumblr feed?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Phone posted:

Drinking milk is disgusting and for children.

Milk is awesome and chocolate milk triple so, NOONE disses chocolate milk!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
In fact I am drinking a hge cup of milk and Milo right now and loving it

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cat Terrist posted:

loving FREAK.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cat Terrist posted:

I thought Australia was a continent/county of prisoners, I didn't know it was comprised of child prisoners.

(i actually dgaf about milk unless if it's skim, that poo poo's gross)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I usually drink a glass of milk after a workout. To me it's just a good source of macro nutrients in varying ratios depending on what kind and what I put in it. Don't know why some people are so anti-milk.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm not sure I've straight up cold drank a glass of milk since I was a kid but I used to get stoned and eat bowls of cereal and 2% a lot.

2% fo' lyfe.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just popped an ingrown pube with a tapioca sized chunk of goo that was so solid and large i actually could smell it

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm having the worst shits ever, right now, due to milk. It even said "lactose free," but that doesn't seem to make a difference. This is good, though, as I've been backed up for days.

All I heard was a gunshot and the sound of breaking porcelain. I'm going to walk out of here with a shock of white hair; a new man, fit and lean.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jamal posted:

I usually drink a glass of milk after a workout. To me it's just a good source of macro nutrients in varying ratios depending on what kind and what I put in it. Don't know why some people are so anti-milk.

Some people just can't drink it.

Re: gallbladder chat. I had spectacular stomach pains shortly after eating a delicious shepherd's pie in September 2011, with accompanying pain between the shoulder blades and then I pooped a bunch of fresh blood. Hospital time was a go. I got super lucky, they got me on morphine before midnight, ultrasound the next day at 0830, surgery at 1230, woke up around 1700 with some fresh new scars, an organ lighter. Apparently it was "miraculous" that everyone happened to be free at just the right tome to see me. The surgeon afterwards said I had collected so many stones in my gallbladder it looked like a radioactive hacky-sack.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

I'm having the worst shits ever, right now, due to milk. It even said "lactose free," but that doesn't seem to make a difference. This is good, though, as I've been backed up for days.

All I heard was a gunshot and the sound of breaking porcelain. I'm going to walk out of here with a shock of white hair; a new man, fit and lean.

This has been the last 5 years of my life.

I can't wait to rip everything inside out and replace it with a reactor.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit. Bill collectors somehow got both my home and current cell #. I think the cell # is because I gave it as a contact number when I was fighting Verizon over the line opened in my name (I always give my Google Voice # out to anyone that's not a good friend, and have it set to do not disturb 24/7, but in this case I needed to be able to get the calls immediately). No loving idea how they got the home number, since it's unlisted (and I put the line in my mom's name, at least for caller ID and phone listing purposes).

If they'd been calling on my Google Voice number (which is my old phone #),, I could at least start recording the call easily. They're all trying to collect on debts that just aged off of my credit report, but since they're spoofing caller ID, and I can't easily record calls with my phone, it's hard to prove a violation. And of course they're calling several times a day on the Verizon account, which was written off as fraud in early January. :argh:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

A couple of weeks ago, one swedish mobile operator increased the data limit from twelve to one hundred GB per month without raising the cost ($49 eqv) for their customers. I expect the others to follow shortly.

I have "unlimited" data. My mobile carrier offers "unlimited" on most of their plans, but with high speed caps (throttled to 2G speeds after 1 gig, 3 gig, 5 gigs, or no cap). My plan is unlimited @ 4G speeds for $70, with 3 gigs of tethering included.

It's been replaced by a plan that has unlimited @ 4G speeds for $80 and 5 gigs of tethering. US voice and texts are unlimited on both plans, and I don't tether enough to justify losing my grandfathered plan (even if I did, I have an app that does a good job at hiding tethering usage).

I've known people who've pulled several hundred gigs in a month. Supposedly T-Mobile has been sending out terms of service violation warnings to customers who use an incredible amount of bandwidth (mainly targeting people who are torrenting), but won't cap their speeds unless they ignore the warnings (which come in forms of phone calls and texts).

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Go for it.

I'm also a much calmer person on SSRIs, which is why I stay on them. Originally I was on them for major depression, but I'm just easily irritated without them these days.

Tusen Takk posted:

From what I understand, ice on southern roads is crazy different because you guys actually have smooth roads down there and usually the county will put at least a tiny bit of salt down before it gets bad, though I'm sure there's more to it than that.

From what I know, I don't think we had even used salt in DFW until a few years ago. But yeah, they do pre-treat the roads with brine before events, then lay down a mixture of salt and sand.

Smooth depends where you're at. Where I am (suburb), pretty much all the roads are concrete with rebar, so yeah, very smooth, and generally well maintained. Get into older parts of Dallas, an older suburb, or out in the sticks, and you're looking at asphalt, potholes, etc. I've popped more than one tire from potholes in Dallas, and bent two wheels from potholes (low profile tires, natch).

We really don't have much in the way of plows, since this kind of stuff is usually a once a year event. The past few years have had multiple ice/snow storms per year; this is our second one this week (also, it's supposed to be 70 degrees on Thursday). We also get this weird cobblestone ice poo poo that lasts for a day or two after a decent snow/ice storm.

QuarkMartial posted:

I need a 4cyl 5-speed. Just filled the tank on my wife's Kia Soul. While not a manual, 20 bucks for a full tank and 25mpg city has me really loving the boxy fucker.

I kinda figured they'd do better than that. Good to know my Ion isn't the only ~25 mpg 4 cylinder compact car. That's if I don't run the a/c, and don't stay in 3rd or 4th thanks to weather conditions. I really couldn't get up past 40 at all today, and spent most of my time below 35. loving ice.

13 gallon tank on my car, I usually fill up when I'm down to 1/3 or so, so :20bux: is about right with current gas prices.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I just popped an ingrown pube with a tapioca sized chunk of goo that was so solid and large i actually could smell it

Start trimming (even if it's super close) instead of shaving maybe?

I get enough ingrown hairs on my face/neck; if I shave downstairs I get some horrible ingrowns. Arms, legs, chest, taint, armpits, etc I can shave without ingrowns (shut up, most guys have shaved some part of their body at some point), but face and pubes? Ingrown city.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 28, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
UPDATE: For all 13 of you that ordered 1:10 jackstands, those are printed. I'm printing the final parts (pins) for those right now and they'll probably go out Monday (in the mailbox sunday: I work Thu-Sun 1300-0100). The 1:20/1:24/1:18/1:32, those are printing next (and should go quite a lot quicker, due to less plastic.)

I am poor at guesstimating actual physical printing times :eng99:

I will also randomly be including the sometimes hilarious print failure pieces. Better than throwing them away.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 28, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I am going to ask a silly question: are they functional jackstands or are they mostly for show?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They're functional as much as a two inch tall jackstand can be, I guess? I'd rate them at 1/10th pound load max. Or, in Harbor Freight terms, "60 MILLION mcg CAPACITY!" The pin goes in and you can set height.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought they were bigger than that, my bad. My question seems even stupider now.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
just made 300g of beef jerky, bought like a half ounce of weed, airshow tomorrow.

life almost worth living

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tusen Takk posted:

Knoxville doesn't see snow more than 1-2 inches very often, we get ice instead. Problem here is the elevation and the complete lack of plows. I live at the top of a hill with around a 26% grade, when we got several inches of ice no one went anywhere. The county plows didn't get the road I live on cleared until the next day and it was still bad. I'm used to WI where the plows clear everything by noon or earlier and the main roads are taken care of by 7-8am. We got 2 inches of snow Monday, every road from my neighborhood to the main road through town was poo poo and unplowed at 7am. Wasn't until 11am that the main roads were taken care of and the neighborhood was plowed around 4pm.

The plows hit the interstate first then once that is completely clear they start thinking about the main roads. They will pre-treat the roads with brine which helps a little bit but it's still a crap shoot since no one knows how to drive in the poo poo and most have inappropriate tires. Really when the south gets snow/ice everything just shuts down and people don't go anywhere, the last two weeks I've physically gone into work twice.

poo poo talk: I'm lactose intolerant, I drink about 1/3 a gallon of milk a day and toss in several lactase tablets when I open the jug. My shits are pretty epic between that, short bowel syndrome and eating a ridiculous amount of food every day. Snotty shits, yup most of the time.

Roughly 6.5 hours from home, mildly hungover and I need to find eggs benedict.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

Does anyone else's coveralls wear out fastest on the rear end part or am I just sitting down too much at work?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Day two of 100aw starts in a few. We're still in it, been a war of attrition, not times. Car is not without some new beauty marks. Found a better use for my blood pressure meds.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I got to play with a sn95 cobra rear end at work yesterday. And now for some reason I cant stop trolling craigslist looking for a manual car. All this tax money is giving me bad ideas. A Vw jetta with a water pump. Sure I can do that. a Chrysler laser with rust problems SURE. :smithicide:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Food poisoning can suck it. I don't remember it being this bad.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

SouthsideSaint posted:

I got to play with a sn95 cobra rear end at work yesterday. And now for some reason I cant stop trolling craigslist looking for a manual car. All this tax money is giving me bad ideas. A Vw jetta with a water pump. Sure I can do that. a Chrysler laser with rust problems SURE. :smithicide:

I hear there's a near flawless 300zx for sale near you. :smug:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Your right. But the owner wouldn't disclose all the issues. So I figured I know nothing about cars and own no tools. ILL BUY THIS. DONT TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY NEGATIVE CABLE I USE WD40 FOR CLEANING AND LUBE!!!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

I'm not sure I've straight up cold drank a glass of milk since I was a kid but I used to get stoned and eat bowls of cereal and 2% a lot.

2% fo' lyfe.

Try vanilla almond milk. Healthier than 2% and it tastes like a milkshake. Makes cereal taste heavenly.

I used to drink 2-3 glasses of milk per day. A few years ago I switched to almond milk and my chronic sinus problems disappeared.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

SouthsideSaint posted:

So I figured I know nothing about cars and own no tools.

I also know nothing about cars, but boy howdy, do I own tools, and I've just rearranged them so that even James May would be impressed:

Screwdrivers! And boxcutters, writing stuff and o-ring tools.

1/4" and unbracho stuff. Also, bits.

Measuring stuff, 1/4" torque wrench, BMW special tools.

1/2" stuff including impact + 1/4" deep.

Wrenches! And crow's foot. Upper left pile is imperial.

Unbracho, torx, e-torx, XZN, hollow, 3/8", imperial sockets.

Pliers!

Auto tools, hammers, files, bigger screw drivers, punches, chisels, impact screwdriver.

It was actually really nice getting this sorted, arranged, and photographed should anything happen to it. It was long overdue, and a bunch of it lived in a "briefcase" style toolbox that I never brought anywhere any more.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
^ it was a joke about sperglordfirecocks 300zx thread. A good read if your bored and have nothing to do.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Ah, I've been meaning to catch up on that, thanks for reminding me.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

So you're that delivery guy...

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

just made 300g of beef jerky, bought like a half ounce of weed, airshow tomorrow.

life almost worth living

drat, now that's a good freakin' day.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bolind posted:

I also know nothing about cars, but boy howdy, do I own tools, and I've just rearranged them so that even James May would be impressed:

Screwdrivers! And boxcutters, writing stuff and o-ring tools.

Ahhhhhhhh that stubby is throwing everything off fix it fix it fix it fix it :shepface:

E: I'm jealous of your wera stuff btw.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Moxie Omen posted:

Food poisoning can suck it. I don't remember it being this bad.

I had it for the first time about a year ago, as far as I can tell from an expired diet coke (like 4 yrs exp). It was baaad. It kicked in after I left work and went to visit my new GF, who was housesitting her parents recently finished three-year Craftsman mansion remodel.

Imagine kneeling in front of the spotless toilet in the spotless bathroom, forcefully projectile vomiting while trying not to splatter stomach acid on the intricate marble tilework or handmade brazilian mahogany cabinetry. Then, imagine going back to bed in the guest room and waking up an hour later, slowly realizing you have poo poo the foulest brew imagineable all over your side of the Stickley bed and nice sheets.

It was a nightmare. We're still together though :3:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Cakefool posted:

Ahhhhhhhh that stubby is throwing everything off fix it fix it fix it fix it :shepface:

E: I'm jealous of your wera stuff btw.

Haha, there used to be another stubby but it's somehow MIA. Could've evened out things and satisfied your OCD.

Wera stuff is super nice, and it doesn't have to be all that expensive. Check out the last pic, there's a big flathead screwdriver which is also Wera, but old as heck. I inherited it from my mate's FiL, along with a bunch of old school "Armstrong" imperial stuff. Really nice, hardly used. And, according to the inscriptions, liberated from a toolset at a major scandinavian airline...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I had it for the first time about a year ago, as far as I can tell from an expired diet coke (like 4 yrs exp). It was baaad. It kicked in after I left work and went to visit my new GF, who was housesitting her parents recently finished three-year Craftsman mansion remodel.

Imagine kneeling in front of the spotless toilet in the spotless bathroom, forcefully projectile vomiting while trying not to splatter stomach acid on the intricate marble tilework or handmade brazilian mahogany cabinetry. Then, imagine going back to bed in the guest room and waking up an hour later, slowly realizing you have poo poo the foulest brew imagineable all over your side of the Stickley bed and nice sheets.

It was a nightmare. We're still together though :3:

I spent most of last week either in bed, doubled over the edge of my bathtub dry heaving, or making GBS threads totally clear with what looks like bits of my intestinal lining. I don't know what it is that started this either, so I'm just going to avoid eating all food forever now.

TMI cheers everyone

• Locked thread