Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Oops, Nintendo sent me the soundtrack to the NBC show Smash by mistake.

Nintendo sent me the 1999 smash hit "Lost in You" by Chris Gaines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

JustJeff88 posted:

I am entitled to one of those but haven't heard anything yet. Knowing me, I will never listen to it.

Not going to be until April, but I am holding onto my coins for the Gold and Platinum rewards. I just know that if I buy something I want now it will end up being a reward item come April. I know that Starfox 3D, which is at the top of my list and very expensive, is not going to be a G/P reward but I could very easily see Super Metroid or Earthbound or something else that I want in the 200/250 coin range pop up.

Last year had a Wiiu retail title (game and wario) and a 3ds retail title (DKCR3D) as platinum rewards, so nothing wrong with holding out for platinum.

My hope is wind waker since it's kind of old, and it's been offered several times in the past.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Last year had a Wiiu retail title (game and wario) and a 3ds retail title (DKCR3D) as platinum rewards, so nothing wrong with holding out for platinum.

My hope is wind waker since it's kind of old, and it's been offered several times in the past.

I've given so much money to Nintendo in the past year that I have a feeling that I'm going to own all the games they offer.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I really hope Star fox 3D is a platinum reward- I'm sitting at 500 coins and there is just no way I'm getting to 700 and man I just don't want to pay 40 bux for it. It could happen- game is old at this point and probably not a huge seller.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

I really hope Star fox 3D is a platinum reward- I'm sitting at 500 coins and there is just no way I'm getting to 700 and man I just don't want to pay 40 bux for it. It could happen- game is old at this point and probably not a huge seller.

I really wish you could transfer points, because I have 195 and I'd gladly give them to you if it was possible.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

What do gold level members usually get, if anything? I barely squeeked in.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

epsilon posted:

What do gold level members usually get, if anything? I barely squeeked in.

If there was a group of friends, you wouldn't get the loud, annoying one, but you'd get the one that doesn't do anal.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
IIRC gold last year chose from a list of 3DS and Wii U virtual console games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Curve Digital has confirmed OlliOlli will be out on both Wii U and 3DS next week (March 5) for $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99, and it'll be cross-buy in both regions - it's not a promo or a percentage discount, buy one version and get the other free.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Ineffiable posted:

This is even more reason to hold out. I really want to play Starfox 3D - I even bought the Wii Console release to tide me over - but I will wait another month and change.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I would love this. I am sitting on 1210 coins, much like a recent poster, and there is no way for me to get more to get the 1400 to get Starfox and Uprising, then just buy Super Metroid & Earthbound and other cheap games with real money. I also wish that I could give away coins myself. If one of those were to be platinum, though, then I could get one, buy the other for 700, and still get Super Metroid and perhaps something else. I would like to see Nintendo throw up something grand for the last "Hurrah!" of Club Nintendo, but I am too cynical to really think that way.

I cannot justify paying $35~$40 for either Fox or Uprising either. I have this weird... thing where I feel odd getting the digital version of a game on cartridge. There is no rational reason for it, but I do. I own tons of digital PC games that have or have had boxed versions, but this just feels odd to me. I have plenty of space on my SD card and larger ones are cheap as chips. I won't pay hard copy prices, but I feel weird about buying digital copies of the same sodding game with silly money that has no other use except for buying digital games.

I am an odd duck, me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

id say kid icarus is worth .7 double dragon advances at least

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Awesome! posted:

id say kid icarus is worth .7 double dragon advances at least

It has 40 times the amount of content and gameplay. So therefore it's worth 40x times.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

If there was a group of friends, you wouldn't get the loud, annoying one, but you'd get the one that doesn't do anal.

:dogbutton:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The first game still isn't out in PAL-land but whatever, Inti Creates has annoinced Gunvolt 2!

http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-2/

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Any chance of one of the Denpamen games being a Gold reward, you think? Never got around to buying one, and they came out in the same period as Harmoknight and Dillon's games, I think.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Curve Digital has confirmed OlliOlli will be out on both Wii U and 3DS next week (March 5) for $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99, and it'll be cross-buy in both regions - it's not a promo or a percentage discount, buy one version and get the other free.

This game is really cool and if you haven't played it yet on PC you should totally consider picking it up. Great soundtrack, too. I got it in a bundle but $10 ain't bad for a pretty looking autorunner platformer/score attack thing.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Any chance of one of the Denpamen games being a Gold reward, you think? Never got around to buying one, and they came out in the same period as Harmoknight and Dillon's games, I think.

Denpa Men isn't actually a first-party title (developed and published by Genius Sonority, who just develops exclusively for Nintendo consoles), so I doubt it.

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 28, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

Keep posting.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

Justin_Brett posted:

Maaaaan. This just reminded me that I haven't bought the third one yet. I have the second one and I really like but I found it way too grindy (and this is coming from someone who can spend hours grinding in jrpgs without complaining)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They released a 4th Denpa Men game in Japan, it's some f2p thing that's making a lot of money. Who knows if it'll come out over here.

Wii U dudes, here's a (kinda crappy) video showing off the first ten minutes of Affordable Space Adventures, the WU-exclusive Nifflas/Knapnok game that'll be out any time now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkIOmRfs2jw

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

JustJeff88 posted:

Not going to be until April, but I am holding onto my coins for the Gold and Platinum rewards. I just know that if I buy something I want now it will end up being a reward item come April. I know that Starfox 3D, which is at the top of my list and very expensive, is not going to be a G/P reward but I could very easily see Super Metroid or Earthbound or something else that I want in the 200/250 coin range pop up.

Gold and Platinum rewards are free. You just need to have accumulated enough coins over the last year (or in this case, ~7-8 months) to hit the goal, regardless of how many you've spent.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fix posted:

Keep posting.

I probably will if there's new information to go off of, champ.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

How great would it be if Nintendo wasn't actually closing Club Nintendo but instead announcing it just to get a flurry of sales for people on the edge of certain rewards/rewards levels? Every place I visit has people screaming at the top of their lungs "I NEED TWENTY MORE POINTS TO 600!!!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

I probably will if there's new information to go off of, champ.

Get back to the 3ds thread and stop cheating on me

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Argue posted:

Gold and Platinum rewards are free. You just need to have accumulated enough coins over the last year (or in this case, ~7-8 months) to hit the goal, regardless of how many you've spent.

I think he wants to keep the coins in case a game that he would get with the coins turns out to be a platinum reward.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Fremry posted:

I think he wants to keep the coins in case a game that he would get with the coins turns out to be a platinum reward.

Which makes sense. I would assume there's only a handful of retail wiiu or 3ds titles as platinum rewards. Imagine you spent 700 coins on the only 3ds retail game you didn't have and it ended up being a platinum reward and you could have picked it and bought several VC games. But if you have all the platinum retail titles, then you can only choose like Earthbound or something (going off last year's rewards)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

Counter point: you can't get any more coins after March 31st. So if you're close to another reward and wait, you won't be able to get another reward. From redeeming my stuff I basically got another 200 pt game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Argue posted:

I am well aware of that. I am waiting because I do not want to spend Coins on something that I want, then find out it was available as a Gold/Platinum reward and that there is nothing else available for G/P that really interests me. There are a handful of things, quite literally about 5, available as coin rewards right now that I want, so I could very easily find myself in a situation where I have currency to spend that I cannot give away, but there is nothing I wish to buy.

In short, I am waiting for Nintendo to put all of their cards on the table before I show my hand.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The first game still isn't out in PAL-land but whatever, Inti Creates has annoinced Gunvolt 2!

I'm getting "Error establishing a database connection" but cool to know that it's in the works. I guess I should finally get around to playing the first one now.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I hope they don't half-rear end the translation this time like they did for the original. The reasoning behind cutting the dialogue out still baffles me.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

All I want is the FIRST Gunvolt to come out over here.

I'll be pretty legit pissed if they don't do the Gunvolt + Mighty Gunvolt promo over here too.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

JustJeff88 posted:

I am well aware of that. I am waiting because I do not want to spend Coins on something that I want, then find out it was available as a Gold/Platinum reward and that there is nothing else available for G/P that really interests me. There are a handful of things, quite literally about 5, available as coin rewards right now that I want, so I could very easily find myself in a situation where I have currency to spend that I cannot give away, but there is nothing I wish to buy.

In short, I am waiting for Nintendo to put all of their cards on the table before I show my hand.

I thought Gold and Platinum rewards didn't cost coins. There was just a list you could pick one of by hitting that goal.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zaa Boogie posted:

I thought Gold and Platinum rewards didn't cost coins. There was just a list you could pick one of by hitting that goal.

This is correct. G/P rewards are just a list and you pick one.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Jesus Christ, it's been explained like three times now. He knows that it doesn't cost coins to get a G/P reward.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really hope that Inti steps up their game for the sequel. I still liked it, but the level design was quite weak, and their work on MN9 looks pretty bad. I still have hope though, since their work on the Zero/ZX series showed, in my opinion, that they can recognize what aspects of the games players didn't like and needed to be improved upon or excised.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 28, 2015

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Huh, I got my smash cds, I didn't even know it was coming.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Fun fact, I was browsing the wii shop Chanel to grab Mario RPG and saw they put the DKC games back on the shop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More Gunvolt news: the first game is getting a patch that'll add a few new songs and some New 3DS features (ZL/R weapon switching, faster loading times).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

numerrik posted:

Fun fact, I was browsing the wii shop Chanel to grab Mario RPG and saw they put the DKC games back on the shop.

I believe they did that in Europe as well so good to see they did the same in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

More Gunvolt news: the first game is getting a patch that'll add a few new songs and some New 3DS features (ZL/R weapon switching, faster loading times).

Oh nice, I haven't really played it yet, but that is great news to hear.