Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ratsel is Quattro basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dr Pepper posted:

Ratsel is Quattro basically.
Except there is no sign of him going all Elzam's Counterattack though is there?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Instead of struggling through a game in a language I can barely read, Id ecided to give OG2 another chance and finish my game. My god, after the complete slog that was the first half of the game, the second half is amazing. It is batshit in the best way. The Ti-ger Dragon mech from ancient China. The Crimson Comet. The bad guys from the Mirror Universe with a plan straight out of Metal Gear Solid.

I'm now at Stage 30, with DYGENGUARD! I almost forgive OG2 for it's first 15 stages. Almost.

Edit: Ohmygod Ratsel just turned into Funsaiki.

Yeah if you've never seen that stuff, it's just the most amazing thing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

PV 2 for Tengoku-hen will supposedly be uploaded at 4:30AM EST tomorrow.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

PV2 is here, looks alright, Gun/Diebuster seem like they stole most of the budget but they've clearly got a lot of cards in their sleeves still. Throwing Jupiter is an actual attack, yessssss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AIWKGBOSM

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

PV2 is here, looks alright, Gun/Diebuster seem like they stole most of the budget but they've clearly got a lot of cards in their sleeves still. Throwing Jupiter is an actual attack, yessssss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AIWKGBOSM
Suzune sure seems absent from Hibiki's animation there...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh cool we get to play as Awakened Eva-01. Probably a prologue stage.

Edit: Also, cool new protrait Loran.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Oh man, that new Dai-Guard attack. I'm pretty hype.

Man could they have picked a more boring animation for the Laevatein?

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 1, 2015

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Hmmmm, no Setsuna at all. They even gave Tieria the "main characters show off their attacks" section at the start there. Are they really leaving him in a coma for most of the game?

Also, double Mugen Punch. I am ready.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

NotALizardman posted:

Oh man, that new Dai-Guard attack. I'm pretty hype.

Man could they have picked a more boring animation for the Laevatein?

At least it (and the other shown new FMP material) doesn't look like it belongs in the dumpster anymore. Had some actual impact to that shot rather than a needle spray of pixels.

That was a lot of good poo poo for one trailer. Feelin' cool.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The DX looks really cool this time around. Hopefully it won't be an awful unit. Hopefully.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Just posting to join the hype train. Time to buy another PSN card while the yen's still in the dumps.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
... Bored of Z3-2 already. Give us SRWOmega next, Banpresto!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Double Mugen Punch! Mass produced Gaizocks! Punching Asakim's upgraded smug face! Throwing Jupiter at bad guys!

I haven't been so hype for a new SRW game since Z2.1.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Oh god, the hype...

Terada, just give me the Hi-Nu and Nightingale fighting the Neo Zeong and I'll forgive you for ditching Dancouga...

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

^ I am disappointed at the lack of Dancouga, but I am even more disappointed that the DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH does not hit two enemy units.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

^ I am disappointed at the lack of Dancouga, but I am even more disappointed that the DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH does not hit two enemy units.

I'm willing to bet that they only showed the single unit animation.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

TheManSeries posted:

I'm willing to bet that they only showed the single unit animation.

True. There is hope.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hivac posted:

The DX looks really cool this time around. Hopefully it won't be an awful unit. Hopefully.

Not possible.

I'm glad the one thing that is constant throughout Z2 and Z3 is the fact that someone doing the animations really loves Allelujah Haptism.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ethiser posted:

Not possible.

I'm glad the one thing that is constant throughout Z2 and Z3 is the fact that someone doing the animations really loves Allelujah Haptism.

A lot of people suspect he's the same person who animates the FMP enemies. Which would explain why they have universally better animation that the playable cast.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Ethiser posted:

Not possible.

Give him back his G-Bits and allow both the G-Falcon and Custom Bonus to reduce the Sat Cannon's charge time by one.

Boom. It's back to being usable and good.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Laevatein! Full Armor Unicorn! Too excited! :syoon:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
PV's subbed already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GJ_vz9cV0

Laevateinn is looking better, I think. My hype is steadily becoming tumescent. :fap:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's really weird. Rei-9 is piloting the Eva-00. So they're gonna go weird places with the Rebuild plot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So after all the talk yesterday about OG2 getting better in the second half, stage 31 is another complete slog. Urgh.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
I'm really excited for Z3-2, but Jesus that new Genion attack was absolutely awesome.
Now to make this game complete, we need a remix of Grooving Magic. Then everything will be just wonderful.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The DX did something cool so I am happy with that trailer. I am impressed they are sticking to FA Unicorn (I will laugh so hard if using that all out attack changes you back to regular Unicorn), and somewhat annoyed they are sticking to the main flow of Unicorn's events (unless it means Char gets to steal the Neo Zeong).

Also the Nu was in the 3D CGI thing at the end so I wouldn't be surprised if Amuro was stuck in the thing for another game. It'll probably be reanimated (again) though! :v:

Brunom1 posted:

Boom. It's back to being usable and good.

Well ideally the Satellite Cannon wouldn't even have a charge time, or at least do enough damage to actually be worth all those shenanigans but I think I've bitched about SRW's treatment of Gundam X enough.

It'll be kind of funny seeing Loran and Garrod powerless against the Neo Zeong's I fields though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think we all know the reason why the DX keeps getting screwed at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

Well ideally the Satellite Cannon wouldn't even have a charge time, or at least do enough damage to actually be worth all those shenanigans but I think I've bitched about SRW's treatment of Gundam X enough.

The charge time on the Satellite Cannon only ever made mechanical sense for the MAP variant because the MAP variant was traditionally monstrously powerful for a MAP and had the novelty of infinite range. The single target variant has never, ever been powerful enough to warrant its multi-turn charge in any iteration of GX that has ever appeared in SRW.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Holy poo poo, full-armor Unicorn looks dumber than I imagined.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tae posted:

I like how they started to run out of places to put missiles so they bolted them onto the sides of the gun barrels.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eagerly awaiting the stage where the Aquarion pilots have some problem. Then a monster attacks,

Following that Fudou shows up, spouts some nonsense, this leads to the pilots having n epiphany . Double Mugen Punch follows.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

It was inevitable. The thing is the most literal application of "Whatever junk we have lying around, bolt it onto the Gundam and don't look back, no matter how ridiculous it looks", to be fair.

Also, I wonder if "throw loving Jupiter at the enemy" will be an 1 ammo or 2 ammo attack.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Please tell me Killer the Butcher shows up again. Out of everything him showing up is the most terrifying prospect for the end of Z3 and that is just :allears:

Otherwise yeah, things are looking decent. Evangelions look a bit...weird, both of them had kind of old-school SD heads. But Double Mugen Punch is cool. Neo Zeong is cool. Loran looking fabulous is cool. Throwing Jupiter makes up for lack of Walker Gallier throwing ICBMs.

...speaking of which I kind of want a game along the lines of Rengoku only instead it follows the adventures of all the dudes who didn't make it into Z3. Old-school Mazinger and Getter, the Xabungle, E7, and Gainer crew, Baldios and God Sigma, and most importantly Gravion, Dancougar, and Grendizer. Poor Duke Fleed, ever forgotten by the mists of time. I want to know for certain their fates :(

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That's actually what they did to upgrade the FA Unicorn. Banagher's dorky friend decided to bolt on all the spare weaponry lying around the Nahel Argama since it was the last battle and they decided "What the hell!" I kinda like it because... well I'm a bit of a dork like that. Then again I desperately hope that he gets the hyper javelin as an attack.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, that's one of the advantages of having a human shaped vehicle instead of a jet fighter with set hardpoints or whatever.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

AradoBalanga posted:

It was inevitable. The thing is the most literal application of "Whatever junk we have lying around, bolt it onto the Gundam and don't look back, no matter how ridiculous it looks", to be fair.

Also, I wonder if "throw loving Jupiter at the enemy" will be an 1 ammo or 2 ammo attack.

Better yet, it's not even Jupiter but Jupiter-2 which I'm not sure they've even established exists in the Z world. So they'd have to explain that it exists, simply so that Lal'C can throw it at aliens.

Speaking of which, where the hell is the Exelio-class space monster going to come from? Are they just gonna go "oh by the by, there's this 12000 year old black hole past Pluto that got eaten by a space monster"?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...Also what the hell is that thing Alto's shooting at? Some sort of crazy Aquarion tree of life thing? Original stuff?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did they age Loran up by a few years or something? He looks nothing like he did in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Gyra_Solune posted:

...Also what the hell is that thing Alto's shooting at? Some sort of crazy Aquarion tree of life thing? Original stuff?

That's the Queen Frontier from the Sayonara no Tsubasa movie.

• Locked thread