Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He's a filthy stinking liar.

Rey Mysterio isn't an employee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

ahahahahahhaha

This justifies /r/squaredcircle's existence.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shine posted:

3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!
3D!3D!3D!3D!

I don't know if this is a good post, but it sure is a pretty one...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

He's a filthy stinking liar.

Rey Mysterio isn't an employee!

Legally he still is

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

ahahahahahhaha

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Legally he still is

He's an independent contractor.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gaz-L posted:

He's an independent contractor.

Yeah there's literally two people you ever see in the ring who are actual employees, and those are idiotic daughter and doofus son-in-law.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What are refs?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think refs are counted as talent?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I wonder if refs are paid per match or how complicated their part in the match affects pay-grade. A bump in pay for a bump in-ring.

What I'm saying here is I want to talk to Little Naitch for hours.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Austin put over the refs pretty hard in his commentary on the WM17 match. Basically he said that the refs are responsible for directing traffic, making sure the spots are in the right camera places, and reminding the wrestlers how much time they have. There is way more to being a wrestling ref than just counting the pin.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Benne posted:

Austin put over the refs pretty hard in his commentary on the WM17 match. Basically he said that the refs are responsible for directing traffic, making sure the spots are in the right camera places, and reminding the wrestlers how much time they have. There is way more to being a wrestling ref than just counting the pin.

There's also counting to five. Daniel Bryan supervises that part.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm still Real Mad that they dropped Big E's 5-count gimmick

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They haven't dropped it, he just doesn't show up on TV or win matches.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Big E also hasn't won a match in about 14 months so he's not really had a need for it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Benne posted:

On occasion you also have to be crowd control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3hnt3rFdY

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you don't like John Cena, you are gay!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFWlmgwT-0

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

agreed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Why are gay people excluding John Cena fans???

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That guy needs to Rise Above Hate. Maybe he's really a Kanenite.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gay as gently caress and in my opinion, Let's Go Cena

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

I'm gay as gently caress and in my opinion, Let's Go Cena

I'm pretty straight, and I say Cena Sucks.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm pretty straight, and I say Cena Sucks.

Love him or hate him, you have to want to gently caress John Cena.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

The only reason I'm sure this isn't a Jon Wurster character is that he didn't mention mouth fun or the episode of Archie Bunker's Place where Archie goes to the electric chair.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Love him or hate him, you have to want to gently caress John Cena.

Cena Sucks, but does he swallow?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

Cena Sucks, but does he swallow?

If I remember my One Night Stand lore properly, it's actually ORTON who swallows. Especially when he Go Fucks Cena *clap clap clapclapclap*

in b4 someone makes a joke about "the clap"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

On occasion you also have to be crowd control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3hnt3rFdY

That knee at the start, drat :stare:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Brock straight up tells Vince he's going to UFC to negotiate a contract while contracted to WWE, couldn't Vince just say "have fun and see you in court"?

And the usual Mets knob-gobbling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It would be contract tampering but for some reason wrestling companies are really slow to go after that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It would be contract tampering but for some reason wrestling companies are really slow to go after that.

Wouldn't they be a little more zealous just because it is Brock? Or would that make them less likely to pursue it?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Hearing how different his contract is than others, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an "exclusive" and "open" negotiating window in it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

And the usual Mets knob-gobbling

Call it what you will, but BAH GAWD THAT'S METS FAN'S MUSIC is a hilarious reaction to him storming out of Reddit via tantrum/meltdown and then returning a week later to post more SCOOPZ~!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Hearing how different his contract is than others, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an "exclusive" and "open" negotiating window in it.

I doubt it since Dana says he won't talk to Brock until his WWE deal is up. Obviously that doesn't mean he has no contact with Brock or no idea what Brock wants, but if Brock's contract allowed it he wouldn't have to say he can't talk to him.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wouldn't they be a little more zealous just because it is Brock? Or would that make them less likely to pursue it?

I have no idea, their history (and potential future) with Brock is so complex that I don't even think there's an indication of what they'd do.

It should be noted that the last time Brock and WWE had a reported falling out Brock showed up at the next UFC show. Brock knows two negotiating tactics.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They'd have to have some kind of proof they were negotiating while he was there, otherwise they'd have set a poor precedent not going after Punk or Taker just for going to UFC shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'd have to have some kind of proof they were negotiating while he was there, otherwise they'd have set a poor precedent not going after Punk or Taker just for going to UFC shows.

I agree, which is why him telling Vince straight up that he's going there to negotiate is a big red flag in that story to me. Maybe it's not so far-fetched though, but metsfan.txt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DarkstarIV posted:

Lmao

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Brock's talking to Dana about everything obviously. Just can't say he is or sign anything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If I was an indy wrestler I'd really wanna form a tag team that's a mixture of The Truth Commission and Adrian Adonis called The Gay Revolution.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I was an indy wrestler I'd really wanna form a tag team that's a mixture of The Truth Commission and Adrian Adonis called The Gay Revolution.

Their finish would almost assuredly have to be called "The Gay Agenda"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Gay Community?!?