Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

PM, why are you defending Rarity again?

hahahaha

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why unvote and vote me again?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, at this point, I'm just going to say why to everything.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was making a rhetorical point, with my vote.
:sun:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was making a rhetorical point, with my vote.
:sun:

OK, but why are you defending Rarity again?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

What does

mean

Like, why are you jumping in and asking me about this when Rarity could easily (and did) answer it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It's all about quality, not quantity. And it seems to me that you're trying to generate a lot of noise right now, Max.

I'm not sure how I feel about the JOAT claim, but your reaction to the pressure on you does not speak favorably.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

It's all about quality, not quantity.

How is this relevant to you though? :v:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

It's all about quality, not quantity. And it seems to me that you're trying to generate a lot of noise right now, Max.

I'm not sure how I feel about the JOAT claim, but your reaction to the pressure on you does not speak favorably.

So quality to you is posting the agreed emote and voting me based on tone and incorrectly saying I'm not engaged?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Like, why are you jumping in and asking me about this when Rarity could easily (and did) answer it.

I understood what you were referring to.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I understood what you were referring to.

By why speak for Rarity?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm interested in knowing why you think I posted that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im gonna go cut a music video
be back later

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

How is this relevant to you though? :v:

fuuuuuu

Max posted:

So quality to you is posting the agreed emote and voting me based on tone and incorrectly saying I'm not engaged?

Say no more than is needed. These two posts speak to a very specific and intentional disengagement on your part:

Max posted:

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

Max posted:

This conversation is getting really specifically pointed and insulting so I don't really want to take part in it any more. Feel free to keep yelling into the void.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

What does

mean

Are we both on the same page here? I'm refering to this post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Are we both on the same page here? I'm refering to this post.

We are! What do you think I was asking?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm interested in knowing why you think I posted that.

gently caress, now I get what you're asking.

You can pretty much tell why I was saying that. I wasn't aware that choosing one person on the scum team to make the kill was so homogenized, and was suspicious of Rarity just jumping to that conclusion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

fuuuuuu

Say no more than is needed. These two posts speak to a very specific and intentional disengagement on your part:

Those are pretty bad reasons to vote for me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The first quote has been taken pretty far out of proportion, but I've still been actually participating in this game. You hadn't up until you, again, posted an agreed emote and voted me.

The second point was a genuine response to that series of posts, but there isn't any way to convince anyone of that so there isn't much point in talking about it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

gently caress, now I get what you're asking.

You can pretty much tell why I was saying that. I wasn't aware that choosing one person on the scum team to make the kill was so homogenized, and was suspicious of Rarity just jumping to that conclusion.

Right. That post about Rarity ~knowing about night kills~, and then switching to me defending Rarity - you look like you're stretching (or maybe grasping, more accurately) to try to make behaviour look suspicious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Right. That post about Rarity ~knowing about night kills~, and then switching to me defending Rarity - you look like you're stretching (or maybe grasping, more accurately) to try to make behaviour look suspicious.

Well I actually thought it was suspicious at the time and wanted to see how Rarity would respond.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You do realize you have spoken up now twice in a single game day in response to suspicion being thrown at Rarity?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

And you're implying what? That me and Rar are a scumteam and I'm dumb enough to make the same mistake twice?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

And you're implying what? That me and Rar are a scumteam and I'm dumb enough to make the same mistake twice?

That it's strange and scummy? I'm not saying you're dumb, but I don't get why town would do that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And you still haven't answered why you defend Rarity the way you do.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

When I notice you trying to make innocuous behaviour look suspicious, that's not defending Rarity, it's pointing out something in your posting.

And I did answer why I defended her when she volunteered: I would have done the same thing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, well, I don't think we're going to get much else out of this. I thought it was scummy at the time.

Is anyone else around?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm not going to be here for the deadline so this will be my last post so I can't back and forth with anybody.

Dr. Hurt, I still don't like that post from you - and to add, you have't really been active in discussion. I keep harping on that post because it's the things I like to look for D1:

Max posted:

I was out suit shopping for my wedding today, I'll look over the lengthy . . . page and a half I need to catch up.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Tonight I'm going to a Big Trouble in Little China and Raiders of the Lost Ark double feature. If there is something awesome later hopefully I'll be able to participate.

Posts like these. Not really needed. It just pings of subconscious guilt from you guys. "I have to update the thread on things I may or may not be doing even though I will most likely be around for, or I already am around for!" It looks like a small thing but I tend not to overreact on the bigger picture sort of issues D1. It's the smaller actions I like to look at D1. If you won't be around, that's one thing. If you're just informing the thread for no apparent reason other than ??? it's a bit strange.

If I'm not doing that on D1, I'm playing super defensive and see how people interact with me and usually after a bit of OMGUS I can lean towards their alignment.

(before anybody calls me a hypocrite, I literally won't be around later so this will be my last post so I'm informing ya'll that I can't reply so this will be my thoughts on the day)

That combined with Max's brash attitude towards PR and the game (it's not that serious) doesn't sit right with me. I don't think anybody plays super serious townie game like he's trying to portray.

I'm ok where my vote is at for now, later dudes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is tiresome.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know he's not here but I like to check in because it forces me to actually make a post instead of forgetting about the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
max is so obviously town what the aitch-ee-double-hockey-sticks is wrong with you guys

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why would we lynch max if he has abilities that could potentially be a benefit for the town?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd like to take this moment of calm to point out that I think Meinberg is an excellent choice to lynch.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

mr.capps posted:

"I had some questionable feelings" - past tense
"about the current discussion about PM" - present
"but honestly this bothered me" - past
"more and more as I read down the current posts." - present

Its constructed, fake, he had "questionable feelings". we are told not what they were or why he doesn't 'has' them instead of 'had' them.

its a post made to look like a thought process. max is trying to show a progression, hence the tenses. he is creating a chronology. it doesn't work though because these should be "present" thoughts

he scum

##vote max

capps's case on Max is built around verb tense. This is a bad case. This may be a scummy case.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

You came out the gate opinionated, which is to be expected in this type of 'game'. I don't have concrete evidence of you being scummy either so it's nothing like that...

I mean if I weighed it out, no one has really presented any argument that compels me to vote for anyone in particular. Most posts I see sound like personal stuff from other games which I know nothing about so I'm just acting on who remotely interacted with me. No hard feelings or anything special, etc.

GG's case is "you talked to me."

Rarity posted:

This is such an awkward reaction, drat.

This is true, but too often lately we've lynched because awkward and found it's not scum.

Rarity posted:

Byers, how do you feel about voting for Max?

I hate it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

GG's case is "you talked to me."

OK so I'm not crazy and other people can see his posts? Because no one else was commenting on it and I couldn't get why people thought it was an A-OK case, especially when I got to -2.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

mr.capps posted:

i'm more of the spotter really
you see snipers actually work in a team and

capps is shitposting. And he thinks he can get away with it because we've allowed it to happen for so many games. If I could control my vote, I'd be very tempted to vote capps for this, despite knowing it's a horrible move. scum/vig/SK/whatever, shoot capps. Please.

mr.capps posted:

the problem here max is you made your vote and created your reason, instead of the other way around

just a tip on how to play scum for you

Seriously, someone kill capps.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

If someone presents reasonable evidence to vote otherwise before the cut off I'll make amends, but like I said. It's not personal, just playing the game.

Let it rest man, let it rest.

You're at 5 though according to the OP.

I do not like GG's posting; it's this passive aggressive "I'm just voting" tone that feels fake. This feels like scum pushing a soft case on someone freaking out a little from pressure in the thread. GG gets a mislynch, and he wasn't hammering the case home.

Max posted:

Things must have changed around here then, I haven't played in a while and sometimes you just make a general kill as a group in stuff I've done before.

This is accurate, btw. Once upon a time, it was common for the kill to not be performed by a set person. You still get that occasionally, but it's more the exception than the rule now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'll vote ghostly, yeah.

##vote ghostly

(Max admitting he was tried to paint Rarity as scummy for her nightkill explanation, instead of retreating to the easy "Oh, no, I just meant she literally seemed to know more than me and deferring to her" excuse made me soften on him a lot.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not to pick at you, but you softened on me so much that you had to re-iterate your vote on me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, I'm actually picking at you. I don't really buy that you softened on me.

• Locked thread