Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so i am going to try something new right now

and i want everyone to be cool and calm with it

i'm going to force us all to puppy cuddle eightbux, by convincing every single last one of you that your opinion matters less than mine merk-style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It reminds me of me. I think Punt's said several incorrect things. Lumpen even says he served himself up to be a trap case. I've fallen for such things in the best and I've also cased people quite adamantly but very incorrectly. Wrong does not equal scum necessarily.

Also re-reading Punt following Mills post (reading them in isolation) shows a lot more genuine frustration than anything else. I should've probably put that first but with both these things taken into consideration, my opinion on Punt has changed.

What incorrect things has he said? I can appreciate a gut feel or justification on reading Punt but you are doing it differently, borderline logically but without details. Saying you read him town because of Lumpen's trap (or content) is generally not how town read others alignments, at least this early in the game. But scum will do it a lot for a variety of reasons.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Why does it particularly matter if a lurker died in the night? This is all ultimately NK speculation and meaningless. You could derive a half dozen thoughts from TT dying, especially if you use Grandi's self professed meta crap but it is still outright speculation.

multiple people hold this meta in this game and don't talk about it a lot

i can write list entire scum-teams that don't share any players between them that would've killed TT last night for varying reasons

anyone trying to focus on the nightkill is likely town (scum push their agenda through nightkills in silence but think it's too pointing-back-at-themselves to talk about it), but also likely wrong

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

if you're not voting for eightbux right now i want you tell me why not

'i like him' is not a good reason, because i like eightbux the most here but he is scum

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hunting precedes voting!!!!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
(And 8bux is not interesting atm)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Things in this game that are interesting:

1) Lumpen sticking to his guns as opposed to generating more content. Seems to go against his ideals.

2) Eightbux not even being a little himself and playing a survival game and OH GOD WILL YOU JUST BELIEVE ME THAT HE IS SCUM OR DO I HAVE TO CLAIM COP?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

What incorrect things has he said? I can appreciate a gut feel or justification on reading Punt but you are doing it differently, borderline logically but without details. Saying you read him town because of Lumpen's trap (or content) is generally not how town read others alignments, at least this early in the game. But scum will do it a lot for a variety of reasons.

Well I feel he veered wrong in his cases against Lumpen and myself. All he ever pointed out against Lumpen simply shows that Lumpen plays like a contrarian rear end. In my case he used evidence based on the way I wrote rather than what I had said. I saw him as incorrect there too. I voted him originally for seeming insincere and hypocritical. Re-reading his posts and the stuff that went down last night after I went to bed I can see him in another perspective, as wrong and frustrated. Either way there's enough doubt in my own judgement to want to continue voting him for now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well I feel he veered wrong in his cases against Lumpen and myself. All he ever pointed out against Lumpen simply shows that Lumpen plays like a contrarian rear end. In my case he used evidence based on the way I wrote rather than what I had said. I saw him as incorrect there too. I voted him originally for seeming insincere and hypocritical. Re-reading his posts and the stuff that went down last night after I went to bed I can see him in another perspective, as wrong and frustrated. Either way there's enough doubt in my own judgement to want to continue voting him for now.
Okay I feel better about you now

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ernie. posted:

Things in this game that are interesting:

1) Lumpen sticking to his guns as opposed to generating more content. Seems to go against his ideals.

2) Eightbux not even being a little himself and playing a survival game and OH GOD WILL YOU JUST BELIEVE ME THAT HE IS SCUM OR DO I HAVE TO CLAIM COP?
Sometimes I just claim cop if I am lazy, what's the worst that can happen

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

if you're not voting for eightbux right now i want you tell me why not

'i like him' is not a good reason, because i like eightbux the most here but he is scum

The fact that he has lurked like a champ and made no real content yesterday make for fine reasons to vote him. But wouldn't others that have played provide more open and shut cases?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The fact that he has lurked like a champ and made no real content yesterday make for fine reasons to vote him. But wouldn't others that have played provide more open and shut cases?

An open and shut case is this: Eightbux stopped joking but didn't stop posting. He felt like the only thing he could comment on is replacements as opposed to who the scum are. He's having difficulty being himself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Ernie heyoooo! Bbl bai

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rascyc posted:

##vote Ernie heyoooo! Bbl bai

You are trolling me and this is a terrible vote. Vote for Eightbux instead.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh the other E named player! I gotcha <3

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

An open and shut case is this: Eightbux stopped joking but didn't stop posting. He felt like the only thing he could comment on is replacements as opposed to who the scum are. He's having difficulty being himself.

See I don't have any meta on $8. We played maybe one or two games together who knows how long ago.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

See I don't have any meta on $8. We played maybe one or two games together who knows how long ago.

You don't have to. You can evaluate his input in this game. Look at how he phrases his opinion RE: EXAKT.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

You are literally the only vote on DHD, where did you get that DHD was viable?

Grandicap says this to Mills. It still needs an answer. His play last night reads oddly too. It starts well in his defense for Punt and then he goes after DHD and only offers one post of evidence:

Mills posted:

I think this interjection from you was designed to make you memorable but achieve nothing of anything.

He then votes taste and then back to DHD. It seems clear that Punt's execution was an unpopular choice but people preferred to execute for the sake of information than to not execute. Mills makes it clear he doesn't like a Punt execution but he hardly tries to sell the DHD one. I think people seemed open enough to the idea had a modicum of effort shown up.

Everyone else seems on the level enough. Ernie has the better excuse since Ernie seems to have disappeared during that final hour. Mills posts at -10 to deadline.

I don't know what to make of it but I'd like more explanation and not just "I didn't want to execute Punt." That's clear, but why didn't Mills sell other options?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
8bux's posting sucks but his vote on Grandicap I like.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

I know this sucks because I'm usually loud and obnoxious but this game is just really thick for me to wade through right now and there's not a lot of actual agenda pushing yet.

How did you find the game "thick"? We barely broke 8 pages on D1 and you posted that at the top of page 6. There wasn't much to have to work through. Or did you say that in regards to how there was so little to work with?

I can't find anything else particularly odd about your posting, except maybe wanting to lurker-execute Taste, but that makes enough sense.

Ernie. posted:

i'm going to force us all to puppy cuddle eightbux, by convincing every single last one of you that your opinion matters less than mine merk-style

Still waiting on this.

At any rate D2 just started. I don't see the need to rush it but out of regard for you I'll keep an open mind about voting him later down the line. I just want to go through my options first. I still want to see for myself how all the fuss over DHD came about, how Grandicap feels today, if Lumpen just acts like a jerk or has a secret side, and I want more information from Hal and Mills.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How did you find the game "thick"? We barely broke 8 pages on D1 and you posted that at the top of page 6. There wasn't much to have to work through. Or did you say that in regards to how there was so little to work with?

I can't find anything else particularly odd about your posting, except maybe wanting to lurker-execute Taste, but that makes enough sense.

Still waiting on this.

At any rate D2 just started. I don't see the need to rush it but out of regard for you I'll keep an open mind about voting him later down the line. I just want to go through my options first. I still want to see for myself how all the fuss over DHD came about, how Grandicap feels today, if Lumpen just acts like a jerk or has a secret side, and I want more information from Hal and Mills.

Thick as in any cases I'd make would have to be incredibly conceited. Not thick as in chock-full of content.

Mills wouldn't lurk as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

Thick as in any cases I'd make would have to be incredibly conceited. Not thick as in chock-full of content.

I agree about Mills. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about with 8bux though. I admit I have like no meta feel at all there, but you seem to feel awfully strong about this one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

8bux's posting sucks but his vote on Grandicap I like.

Lumpen that's kind of weak. You think 8bux is posting sucks... does that mean you find it scummy outside of his vote on Grandi, who of course isn't proven to be scum so I don't see why that would carry that much weight. It's not like that vote came with a compelling case.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Hal

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lumpen that's kind of weak. You think 8bux is posting sucks... does that mean you find it scummy outside of his vote on Grandi, who of course isn't proven to be scum so I don't see why that would carry that much weight. It's not like that vote came with a compelling case.
This is a loaded and scummy question designed to make someone look like a do of.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie. posted:

because i like eightbux the most here

excuse me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

This is a loaded and scummy question designed to make someone look like a do of.

do of?

I though tit was a legit question and what Lumpen said was pretty drat empty.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

How is it loaded to ask if someone who has says someone posted "sucky" is trying to say the posting is scummy or not?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote Ernie because that is obviously a manufactured opinion because he likes me best, i can only assume ernie cracked under the pressure of being scum

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hal Incandenza posted:

How is it loaded to ask if someone who has says someone posted "sucky" is trying to say the posting is scummy or not?
Because you didn't ask him openly. You loaded the answer:

"does that mean you find it scummy outside of his vote on Grandi, who of course isn't proven to be scum so I don't see why that would carry that much weight. "

do of = doof

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pet the puppy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

##vote Ernie because that is obviously a manufactured opinion because he likes me best, i can only assume ernie cracked under the pressure of being scum

uh

insecure much?!

my sentence could be read two ways: Ernie's heart says Eightbux > Mills
or
Out of all the people in the game that <3 Eightbux, Ernie's still loves him more than anyone else does

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i just want to be loved

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

And he really doesn't read like one either. I just don't get his actions at the end of D1. At least I'd like to know why he didn't push DHD more and see if he still wants to vote DHD today.

Outside of the "Grandi-note" post I can't get anything else out of Grandicap.

I'd be actually ok with Hal since I like what he's posted. On the other hand he has hardly posted at all. He has 12 posts total. Also he didn't vote at all on D1. Why?

Working on the last 2.

Ernie. posted:

Out of all the people in the game that <3 Eightbux, Ernie's still loves him more than anyone else does

I read it like that.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

I considered Ernie's demand to vote 8bux. His posting sucks in that I find it sparse and lacking meaningful content. I do not especially suspect him because of that. In his favor, his vote and posting agrees with my own suspicion of Grandicap, which I would expect from a fellow Townie. Clearer?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I read Punt as town. I tried to defend Punt, no one would listen, I wasn't going to vote for him so :shrug:

I would be happiest voting Exakt or DHD for the same reasons as yesterday but whatever. ##vote 8Bux

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mills posted:

I read Punt as town. I tried to defend Punt, no one would listen, I wasn't going to vote for him so :shrug:

I would be happiest voting Exakt or DHD for the same reasons as yesterday but whatever. ##vote 8Bux

I figured as much and it makes sense. But why not push DHD harder? At any rate, can someone explain to me better the case on DhD? I don't quite see what everyone sees on them but they don't read particularly town. I'll have to revisit them tomorrow.

I feel like I can follow most of Lumpen's train of thought and because of that I don't read him as scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Anyway, ##vote Hal Incandenza. His content reads ok at first glance but his actions, or lack of, speak a lot louder. Why not vote at on D1? You had opinions clearly. Of your 10 posts on Day 1 only 4 had to do with the game. I feel tired and though I feel more evidence can be found in his posts I can't really parse them at the moment.

Hal if you don't have a scum role then step it up a bit because I like the way you've written your posts. They seem like you do spend time thinking about the game but your actions are so few that it clearly comes off like some sort of avoidance.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Here to bring a fresh set of sort of drunk eyes to this game. 100yrs is scum, and here is why.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I will try as much as I can to emulate lumpen's e-prime thing seeing how much of an amusing challenge it seems. Also maybe it'll help me clear up the way I type, which as most of you know, often meanders about. I won't be as strict about it though.

Take my comments as you will, in my defense I just weighed in on the votes that they had cast using my what little experience I have. I don't think we should go back to joke-voting or play less seriously, but they just struck me as so earnest that I felt they jumped the gun.

Gosh, how does Lumpen do this e-prime stuff constantly? Took me about 6 minutes just to type this post and eliminate the 'to be's'.

As mentioned previously, at best this seems like a pointless distraction. At worst, obfuscating one's natural word choice is a scummy thing to do in and of itself.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

But Punt does bring up new points against me!

There is something about this particular phrase that bothers me but I can't quite articulate it.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Still not enough content to lay down a conclusive vote I think, but I'd either vote Punt or Grandicap. While Grandicap has less content going against him what we have seems stronger, his post has a lot weird bits. The case against Punt has a lot more evidence but feels a bit weaker and relies more on interpretation of what he said as opposed to blatantly contradictory actions or obviously strange words.

I think this is the worst one, particularly the bolded bit. Looking for "a conclusive vote" D1 reeks of scum trying too hard to appear earnest.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Another thing I've felt throughout the game is that you've been hypocritical but I didn't say anything because I couldn't figure out why. And here I found it. You criticized me earlier for apologizing yet your very first post apologized.
##vote Puntification

This is a very silly gotcha.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Taste died due to this post:

Yes he lurked but he threatened a night action. Why take that chance?

100yrs speaking in terms of absolutes, as if he knows more than he should about this particular scum team's motivations.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hal if you don't have a scum role then step it up a bit because I like the way you've written your posts. They seem like you do spend time thinking about the game but your actions are so few that it clearly comes off like some sort of avoidance.

This is a pretty blatant misread of how Hal normally posts, I think. This is admittedly the weakest point against 100yrs as I don't know how extensive a history he has playing with Hal.

##vote 100yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You should read the conversation he and I had and then bounce up thoughts on that. I'd be curious to hear.

• Locked thread