Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Not to pick at you, but you softened on me so much that you had to re-iterate your vote on me?

I'm not sure what direction time flows for you, but for me it goes forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

GG's case is "you talked to me."

This is not my case, and that is not even an adequate paraphrasing of what I said.

A case would mean I was trying to make an appeal to you other players to vote for Max which I am not. I simply voted for Max because he called out my post for being potential scummy/gimmicky. I later noted there was no ill intention behind this.

I'm not trying to justify it to anyone, it is simply the vote I cast.

You folk sure get riled up over the queerest things! *Rummages through belongings* Here try some of this Yerba Mansa Extract, should do the trick.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back and have time to read this game now.

I don't want to vote Max today. He could be a roleblocker, but if he is he's probably not a godfather and so he'll get copped and we'll know more tomorrow.

I was happy with capps posting last night, but he's slipped back into the shitposting. It's not nearly as bad as "I'm going to post literal nonsense" but it's still just obfuscating what he's actually trying to say. I'm okay with my vote where it is right now, but I agree with byers that a vig would be good right about now.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Pinterest Mom posted:

Right. That post about Rarity ~knowing about night kills~, and then switching to me defending Rarity - you look like you're stretching (or maybe grasping, more accurately) to try to make behaviour look suspicious.

No, those were two clearly different threads that you're trying to twist back into one when they shouldn't be. Look at it from his perspective, dude's used to the old way of playing and to his mind Rarity's comment suggests that she knows something about how the scum's kill works that's not in the OP, which would be a scumslip. But that's just because he's old and things play different now.

Asking about you and your defense of Rarity is pertinent outside of his comments about night actions, especially since it in part is why you have the second most votes.

Max posted:

OK so I'm not crazy and other people can see his posts? Because no one else was commenting on it and I couldn't get why people thought it was an A-OK case, especially when I got to -2.

Yeah, I see it. The problem is that it blends in because capps is shitposting and PMom's pushing you, so he's just another guy casing you, but not like the other two. Which I think is by design.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Not to pick at you, but you softened on me so much that you had to re-iterate your vote on me?

That came before you had your realization that we're playing Mafia on SA in TYOOL 2015, and things are different. Just like I can see you viewpoint on pushing about Rarity's comment, I see his viewpoint on softening after realizing you're an old-timer.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

This is not my case, and that is not even an adequate paraphrasing of what I said.

A case would mean I was trying to make an appeal to you other players to vote for Max which I am not. I simply voted for Max because he called out my post for being potential scummy/gimmicky. I later noted there was no ill intention behind this.

I'm not trying to justify it to anyone, it is simply the vote I cast.

You folk sure get riled up over the queerest things! *Rummages through belongings* Here try some of this Yerba Mansa Extract, should do the trick.

That's... scummier, actually.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity, If I had my druthers, I'd vote Ghost, PMom, or capps at this point I think. That last is purely a bile vote, so make it PMom or Ghost unless you have a better idea. And if so, spell it out for me a bit?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

That's... scummier, actually.

I know text gets misinterpreted over the internet so let me preface this by saying I'm not being sarcastic. Please explain how that is scummier.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I know text gets misinterpreted over the internet so let me preface this by saying I'm not being sarcastic. Please explain how that is scummier.

You're content to drop a vote and leave it for someone who then went to -2. But you don't have any drive to push that case, and your sole justification is because he called you scummy.

If we were an hour from deadline, maybe that's an ok reason to vote him. But dropping it when you did suggests you have no interest in finding and voting scum. You just wanted a vote out there, and are content to let a man who you have no alignment suspicions about be lynched. That is not a town approach to the game, but it does fit a scum approach. You get to vote someone likely to vote you, you get to support the eventual lynch without having to put your neck out there and case him, and you're seen making posts in the game when those posts are bereft of content.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

tl:dr, it's scummier because it shows you have no conviction in a vote that you almost let contribute to a lynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I literally don't understand what GG is doing here. GG, you realise we have to lynch the scum, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Rarity, If I had my druthers, I'd vote Ghost, PMom, or capps at this point I think. That last is purely a bile vote, so make it PMom or Ghost unless you have a better idea. And if so, spell it out for me a bit?

I think PMom is still a better idea than GG, personally, but only because I actually can understand why PMom would do what he's doing as scum. GG is just completely confusing me. I'm happy to switch to GG if you have a very strong preference that way though.

Also, I've just realised me volunteering was a terrible idea cause I'm not going to be awake at deadline. Sorry for being an exciteable idiot. Everyone, can we unofficially move the deadline up to 1am UK time so that I'm not locking Byers away from his vote if he's needed to switch?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

You're content to drop a vote and leave it for someone who then went to -2. But you don't have any drive to push that case, and your sole justification is because he called you scummy.

If we were an hour from deadline, maybe that's an ok reason to vote him. But dropping it when you did suggests you have no interest in finding and voting scum. You just wanted a vote out there, and are content to let a man who you have no alignment suspicions about be lynched. That is not a town approach to the game, but it does fit a scum approach. You get to vote someone likely to vote you, you get to support the eventual lynch without having to put your neck out there and case him, and you're seen making posts in the game when those posts are bereft of content.

My, my aren't you quite the authority on these matters madam, but let us turn the lens of scrutiny upon you Ms. Hensman.

You've been rather eager to jump to the defense of Ms. Esposina early on, questioning the rationality of Ms. Jenks leading us to believe that yours was any more sound.

My question is why do you readily arbitrate any case that you seem to disagree with as if you knew any better. Also it wasn't until Mr. Pancho laid his hand on the table that you saw it fit to stand up for him.

I also find this alignment that you have with Ms. Morgan to be a bit disconcerting since you two seem ready to oust individuals on the whim of one another.

tl;dr: A post bereft of content.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allie rolled her eyes at Everest's comment. "Maybe, Mr. Everest, it's because when I see stupid men doin' stupid bullshit, I have to decide if they truly have poo poo for brains or if they're smarter, gentrified type and tryin' to pass one over on us."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

I think PMom is still a better idea than GG, personally, but only because I actually can understand why PMom would do what he's doing as scum. GG is just completely confusing me. I'm happy to switch to GG if you have a very strong preference that way though.

Also, I've just realised me volunteering was a terrible idea cause I'm not going to be awake at deadline. Sorry for being an exciteable idiot. Everyone, can we unofficially move the deadline up to 1am UK time so that I'm not locking Byers away from his vote if he's needed to switch?

I've got gut leaning GG right now. There's no desire to find scum in his posts at all.

When's 1 AM UK time?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi folks. I'm heading out of work soon and it's my partner's birthday tonight. I have requested assistance with the flip, but just in case please stop posting once there's a hammer or the deadline passes. Go bug Epsilon+ if you require any immediate assistance, he should have all the relevant materials.

I'd like to thank all of you for your participation today, keep it up! As always, if you feel you might not be able to keep up with the thread, just let me know sooner rather than later.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

I've got gut leaning GG right now. There's no desire to find scum in his posts at all.

When's 1 AM UK time?

8 EST, an hour before deadline.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

When's 1 AM UK time?

2 hours from now.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I also find this alignment that you have with Ms. Morgan to be a bit disconcerting since you two seem ready to oust individuals on the whim of one another.[/i]

You do understand that the best way to get round this voting restriction is for me and Byers to find a suitable compromise for our votes, right?

Byers, I'm going to leave us with PMom for now but I'll switch us to GG if town's leaning that way. Also, can you do a quick read of Ecco? She is playing against her meta and I find it hinky.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Byers, I'm going to leave us with PMom for now but I'll switch us to GG if town's leaning that way. Also, can you do a quick read of Ecco? She is playing against her meta and I find it hinky.

Considering she's been moving this weekend? I don't see where a meta case makes much sense for her. I'm pulling away from meta cases in general anymore; too many posters on SA purposefully play against meta for them to be effective right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Considering she's been moving this weekend?

Ah yeah, I forgot about that, fair dues.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

That came before you had your realization that we're playing Mafia on SA in TYOOL 2015, and things are different. Just like I can see you viewpoint on pushing about Rarity's comment, I see his viewpoint on softening after realizing you're an old-timer.

I'm miss-remembering the order of things and was just leaving work when I made that mistake.

I'd go either way with GG or PM for tonight, though I do admire how brazen Ghostly is. I'd also like to once again bring up Meinberg for his pretty atrocious vote and saying legit nothing else of substance.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I'm fine moving the deadline up an hour, I feel like I've talked myself dry for the day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

My, my aren't you quite the authority on these matters madam, but let us turn the lens of scrutiny upon you Ms. Hensman.

You've been rather eager to jump to the defense of Ms. Esposina early on, questioning the rationality of Ms. Jenks leading us to believe that yours was any more sound.

My question is why do you readily arbitrate any case that you seem to disagree with as if you knew any better. Also it wasn't until Mr. Pancho laid his hand on the table that you saw it fit to stand up for him.

I also find this alignment that you have with Ms. Morgan to be a bit disconcerting since you two seem ready to oust individuals on the whim of one another.

tl;dr: A post bereft of content.

So way back at the beginning of this game I mentioned that I have a problem with Gimmick posts, and this is exactly why. You even point it out!

##vote Ghostly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel like I've baited lynch possibility through my poorly executed enthusiasm, but I stand by my foolhardiness.

I'm but a poor apothecary. Scared and dim-witted, with a family to look out for!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I'd also like to once again bring up Meinberg for his pretty atrocious vote and saying legit nothing else of substance.

I look at Meinberg, and I see someone who's done more than Ghost. I'd put PMom and GG above him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

I look at Meinberg, and I see someone who's done more than Ghost. I'd put PMom and GG above him.

That's where I would put him as well.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm gonna walk my dog but I'll be around otherwise and checking in on this thread. We are potentially 1.5/2.5 hours from deadline, I'm surprised there isn't more chatter.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure, I'll prompt discussion.

I have a vig.
It janitors the flip.
Should I use it on Meinberg?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I have a vig.
It janitors the flip.

I cannot fathom how that could be a town power.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's just a less powerful vig. Actually using it may very well be anti-town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I have a vig.
It janitors the flip.

Day or night?

And no.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Though now that I think about it, it makes sense for balance.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Save it for EXLO if you use it at all. At least then we'd know if you got it right.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

It's a null read to me; I could see it going both ways.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Max posted:

How so?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Actually using it may very well be anti-town.

My initial reaction was use it on capps to teach him he's gotta stop shitposting but this is probably right.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

My initial reaction was use it on capps to teach him he's gotta stop shitposting but this is probably right.

I take it back. Use it on capps.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not using it on capps.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Use it on capps or don't use it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'd much prefer that you don't use it on me, if I get a vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Meinberg posted:

I'd much prefer that you don't use it on me, if I get a vote.

Would you like me to use it on someone else?

• Locked thread