Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

paranoid randroid posted:

Is this a joke? This is awful. "He-eey, how's everyone doing tonight? We got anyone from California? Any Cali folks out there?"

e. Also its from yesterday.

Oh woops thats the AIPAC conference transcript, though his speech today actually started the same way!

Edit: here is the one to congress, http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/03/full-text-netanyahus-address-to-congress/

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Iran is literally closer to building a working Fusion reactor than to having nukes.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

amanasleep posted:

Iran is literally closer to building a working Fusion reactor than to having nukes.

Which will be any day now!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Every year Iran gets halfway closer to nukes, ergo Iran will never get nukes.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Shear Modulus posted:

Every year Iran gets halfway closer to nukes, ergo Iran will never get nukes.

I recall an effort post someone made in the political cartoons thread awhile back that was "ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!" cartoons dating back to the 90s.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Kro-Bar posted:

I recall an effort post someone made in the political cartoons thread awhile back that was "ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!" cartoons dating back to the 90s.

I think some of these go back longer than that. http://seriouslyanydaynow.tumblr.com/

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I missed the speech but turned on CSPAN for the calls. Holy poo poo, I need to do this more often, these people are out of their loving minds.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

God drat I am so mad I'm at work and am missing Israel Cspan callers

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

I missed the speech but turned on CSPAN for the calls. Holy poo poo, I need to do this more often, these people are out of their loving minds.

They are the best part of any political event, once you get past the soul-crushing realization that people actually think like this.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Mo_Steel posted:

...the soul-crushing realization that people actually think like this.

No. That's the best part.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Meg From Family Guy posted:

The worst thing that ever happened to D&D was finding that essay about the symptoms of fascism

It's got its uses, especially when some group is managing to hit ten or more of those criteria consistently but it doesn't say anything useful if every speech can be interpreted to fit at least one of the criteria.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I watched the pbs stream. Where can I get a c-span caller stream?

nm found it

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Armand is angry about Executive Orders.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Does anyone have a link for the CSPAN callers? can't find them on the CSPAN site.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Does anyone have a link for the CSPAN callers? can't find them on the CSPAN site.

http://www.c-span.org/live/?channel=radio Should be the one unless I'm listening to something else.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
"Kudos to Speaker Pelosi and Speaker Reid for showing up."

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
It would be so loving awesome if Trollbama popped up unannounced to deliver a rebuttal from the floor of the Knesset right now.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

The end times are going to be upon us.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

http://www.c-span.org/live/?channel=radio Should be the one unless I'm listening to something else.

Got it going just in time to hear "hoochies coming in to surround them" thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

amanasleep posted:

It would be so loving awesome if Trollbama popped up unannounced to deliver a rebuttal from the floor of the Knesset right now.

He can't do that while hand delivering the football to Iran

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Oh woops thats the AIPAC conference transcript, though his speech today actually started the same way!

Edit: here is the one to congress, http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/03/full-text-netanyahus-address-to-congress/

Laffo at him citing the book of Esther and then concluding that diplomacy with Iranian leadership doesn't work.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002
Supposedly the English. Tweet.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He can't do that while hand delivering the football to Iran

Delivering a rebuttal live from the floor of the ICA would also be acceptable.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
When was the last time we let something like this happened where a foreign leader was allowed to just openly speak in front of congress. I thought the executive branch was in charge of foreign relations etc

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahahaha this guy is plastered.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BernieLomax posted:

Supposedly the English. Tweet.

Going off of Netanyahu's speech this sounds exactly like the actions he endorsed towards Iran, regime change through politics. Minus the baby killer angle.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

When was the last time we let something like this happened where a foreign leader was allowed to just openly speak in front of congress. I thought the executive branch was in charge of foreign relations etc

I cannot think of anything, though you have to admit Obama's in a unique position world-leader speaking as he's a racial minority who has to deal with a congress full of a racial majority that's dead-set against acknowledging him as a legitimate leader due to the color of his skin.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Two awesome callers in a row.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can't think of anything either. It's unprecedented to see a foreign leader speaking before Congress without the approval of the President.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

nutranurse posted:

a congress full of a racial majority that's dead-set against acknowledging him as a legitimate leader due to the color of his skin.

The post-Obama failed administration framing has begun already I see.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Is "leadership skills" a code word for "not Obama"?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So Kerry made some news recently by publicly warning Bibi about disclosing details of the Iranian deal in his speech; I was watching Burnett on CNN interview a Israeli official about whether or not Bibi would use the details in his speech as way to derail the talks and the official all but said he would.

If he does this I hope Obama expels him and the Israeli ambassador from the country, or the next time a vote to condemn Israel comes up in the UN Obama has the US delegate just happen to not be there to veto it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can't think of anything either. It's unprecedented to see a foreign leader speaking before Congress without the approval of the President.

I'm still not sure why Obama didn't just say "gently caress it, you aren't speaking to the UN so you don't have to be let in. Visa denied now gently caress off back to Nazi Israel." Though letting him come in and only hurt himself and the GOP is fine as well I guess.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The post-Obama failed administration framing has begun already I see.

Obama's administration has been pretty successful, actually, and doubly so when you consider that everything he's done has been an up-hill battle!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Two awesome callers in a row.

Did that last caller put the holocaust blame on Obama?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Quick cut back to the House, is this something important or just C-SPAN being C-SPAN?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

If he does this I hope Obama expels him and the Israeli ambassador from the country, or the next time a vote to condemn Israel comes up in the UN Obama has the US delegate just happen to not be there to veto it.

I'm still not sure why Obama didn't just say "gently caress it, you aren't speaking to the UN so you don't have to be let in. Visa denied now gently caress off back to Nazi Israel."
Just because Obama doesn't have any more campaigns to run doesn't mean he can't gently caress up things for the Dems in 2016.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

Going off of Netanyahu's speech this sounds exactly like the actions he endorsed towards Iran, regime change through politics. Minus the baby killer angle.

Tbf when you've got loads of evidence that your opponent has, in fact, been responsible for the deaths of children that's a pretty strong card in your hand. You'll want to play that sucker wherever it works.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm still not sure why Obama didn't just say "gently caress it, you aren't speaking to the UN so you don't have to be let in. Visa denied now gently caress off back to Nazi Israel." Though letting him come in and only hurt himself and the GOP is fine as well I guess.

Severing diplomatic relations with Israel is not an appropriate response to this.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

Severing diplomatic relations with Israel is not an appropriate response to this.

That and Obama probably does on some level accept that Israel has the right to choose whatever lovely government or un-inclusive national-identity it wants. So he's not going to do anything that would harm relations just because of Bibi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Pelosi's statement:

quote:

The unbreakable bonds between the United States and Israel are rooted in our shared values, our common ideals and mutual interests. Ours is a deep and abiding friendship that will always reach beyond party. Americans stand shoulder to shoulder with the Israeli people. The state of Israel stands as the greatest political achievement of the 20th century, and the United States will always have an unshakable commitment to Israel’s security.

That is why, as one who values the U.S. – Israel relationship, and loves Israel, I was near tears throughout the Prime Minister’s speech – saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations, and saddened by the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation.

Today, Prime Minister Netanyahu reiterated something we all agree upon: a nuclear armed Iran is unacceptable to both our countries. We have all said that a bad deal is worse than no deal, and stopping the spread of nuclear weapons is the bedrock of our foreign policy and national security. As President Obama has said consistently, all options are on the table for preventing a nuclear-armed Iran.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/03/nancy-pelosi-netanyahu-speech_n_6793150.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

• Locked thread