Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does AIPAC have a scorecard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

The hell? Is she taking Netanyahu's side over Obama's?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Uh, obviously not?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Netanyahu's side appears to be "Bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran" so no.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Oh I misread that "saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations" part.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, that is surprisingly awkwardly phrased for a statement from a politician.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

hobbesmaster posted:

Ok so it's not just me. Guessing it is worded that way to promote the diplomatic talks without being too openly critical of Israel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Well you have to be very. careful. with. your. words. when you even think about criticizing Israel.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty interesting that Israel - American relations will probably come to an end not because of of a demographic shift, but Israeli leaders doing their darnedest to bite the hand that feeds them.

It's so textbook stupid you could make a children's book out of it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Jesus loving Christ, why are we such obsequious little toads when it comes to Israel.

Just say nothing. I don't see why our politicians have to fall all over themselves to fellate a country for insulting us.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

It's pretty interesting that Israel - American relations will probably come to an end not because of of a demographic shift, but Israeli leaders doing their darnedest to bite the hand that feeds them.

It's so textbook stupid you could make a children's book out of it.

Ha you pull this prognostication out of your rear end? America will support Israel for at least the rest of our lifetimes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The leader of the free world is doing is best to secure a deal that creates peace in the Mid East and makes thing safer to Israel, obviously the mature solution to this is to be a big baby and go whine at U.S. Congress because I didn't get to have photo ops with IDFAF pilots because we didn't bomb bomb bomb Iran.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Because the Black Caucus is filled with "stupid clucks" all elected by stupid clucks in their black hell hole districts, also it is not racist to hope they are hanged for OUR PRIME MINISTER TO SEE!!! - a literal crazy woman allowed on radio

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

VitalSigns posted:

Jesus loving Christ, why are we such obsequious little toads when it comes to Israel.

Just say nothing. I don't see why our politicians have to fall all over themselves to fellate a country for insulting us.

Because if you don't fellate, you're anti-Semitic. Peruse the I/P thread if you've got any questions about whether that's true.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Ha you pull this prognostication out of your rear end? America will support Israel for at least the rest of our lifetimes.

Popular support for a foreign nation can fly away quicker than you think. It's happened many, many times through out history. And Israel is doing it's absolute best to make all it's friends hate it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

You have insulted the feelings of the American peoples. America demands you apologize :!(

Yeah, like that rhetoric isn't used by communists at all.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

VitalSigns posted:

Because there are a bunch old rich racist jews in the US that are essentially kingmakers.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Venom Snake posted:

The leader of the free world is doing is best to secure a deal that creates peace in the Mid East and makes thing safer to Israel, obviously the mature solution to this is to be a big baby and go whine at U.S. Congress because I didn't get to have photo ops with IDFAF pilots because we didn't bomb bomb bomb Iran.

Spit balling, I don't have any knowledge of Israeli domestic politics but...

Wonder if that isn't a result of being a democracy constantly "under threat". Your people still vote, but since the average voter is typically ill-informed they take that fear and anger and push it onto the leaders in charge. Keep it up a few generations and we have the current state of things.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Bibi and the Israeli government are totally sane mature people, they TOTALLY won't push this further. They TOTALLY won't cause an international crisis because they are big fat whiny babies who long for the teat of the bush administration.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

My Imaginary GF posted:

You have insulted the feelings of the American peoples. America demands you apologize :!(

Yeah, like that rhetoric isn't used by communists at all.

Um. Are you adding illiteracy to your character now?

VitalSigns posted:

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

n/m

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Because there are a bunch old rich racist jews in the US that are essentially kingmakers.

... You know, sometimes the accusations of anti-semitism are crap, but there are always people like you to help us remember that some people really are anti-Semitic.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kalman posted:

... You know, sometimes the accusations of anti-semitism are crap, but there are always people like you to help us remember that some people really are anti-Semitic.

If you remain silent, you give credance to anti-semites. This is an issue you can't remain silent on unless you're Ron and Rand Paul.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kalman posted:

Sheldon Adelson is a rich, racist Jew and a GOP kingmaker. That is not an anti-Semitic statement, however much you desperately want it to be.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Kalman posted:

Calling someone an anti semite is the modern version of Godwin I guess. How dare I call out old racist dirtbag jewish guys like Sheldon Adelstein who actively contributes millions to his chosen candidate to support his assertion that Iran be turned to glass.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Sheldon Adelson is a rich, racist Jew and a GOP kingmaker. That is not an anti-Semitic statement, however much you desperately want it to be.

Whys it matter that he's a Jew? He's an American exercising his first amendment rights.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
So outside of Israel, what's in this Amtrak bill they were talking about in the House aside from cutting subsidies to food? I imagine there must be something awful in it

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Whys it matter that he's a Jew? He's an American exercising his first amendment rights.

It does not matter that he's a Jew. I think you are projecting too much.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Kalman posted:

Pointing out that there are influential rich people who are jews is not anti-Semetic.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because we're talking about Israel, a self-proclaimed Jewish nation, and people in America that have exceptionally strong and influential ties to Israel. Make sense?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What about the fact that a Christian Fundamentalist Zionist was our last President? Can I point that out?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rexicon1 posted:

It does not matter that he's a Jew.

Then why have you placed emphasis on this by including it in two separate posts? If it doesn't matter, then you wouldn't have a need to point it out.

However, you did. You're criticising an individual for being a Jew and utilizing his constitutionally protected right of free speech. You aren't criticising him for expressing an opinion you disagree with, you're criticising him for being Jewish and expressing an opinion you disagree with.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What about the fact that a Christian Fundamentalist Zionist was our last President? Can I point that out?

No, how dare you. That's anti-Christian.

My Imaginary GF posted:

You aren't criticising him for expressing an opinion you disagree with, you're criticising him for being Jewish and expressing an opinion you disagree with.

OK, please take issue with what I've said on this page, and please try to paint it as anti-Semitic. I'm interested to see what you'll have to say.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amused to Death posted:

So outside of Israel, what's in this Amtrak bill they were talking about in the House aside from cutting subsidies to food? I imagine there must be something awful in it

It funds Amtrak just enough to keep it going but does nothing to solve Amtrak's real problem -- that its equipment and infrastructure is old, lovely, or old and lovely, and is in desperate need of replacement. It's running cars that are more than 30 years old and are constantly breaking down.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Then why have you placed emphasis on this by including it in two separate posts? If it doesn't matter, then you wouldn't have a need to point it out.

However, you did. You're criticising an individual for being a Jew and utilizing his constitutionally protected right of free speech. You aren't criticising him for expressing an opinion you disagree with, you're criticising him for being Jewish and expressing an opinion you disagree with.

you're the best at what you do mate, cheers

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Actually, being anti semitic is cool as hell if the Jew has bad opinions on politics.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rexicon1 posted:

you're the best at what you do mate, cheers

There's a reason you don't get in a fight the ADL. And that reason isn't their logical arguments.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

eat no food a jew has touched

I choose society over chaos and filth

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

OK, please take issue with what I've said on this page, and please try to paint it as anti-Semitic. I'm interested to see what you'll have to say.

Rexicon1 posted:

Don't have to paint it as anti-semetic, it is anti-semetic. You use old, rich, and racist as descriptors for jews and go on to say they're kingmakers. If you don't see how this fits into anti-semitic rhetoric of jewish bankers influencing policy to get their way and controlling the media, there is nothing to discuss with you. You don't belong in any position of authority in America, and fortunately, your ilk are not represented in serious policy circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalman posted:

Rich jewish people are racist (Most rich people are racist, or classicist), I assume you have never been to New York.

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Actually, being anti semitic is cool as hell if the Jew has bad opinions on politics.

wow do you call people who say Ben Carson is a shithead racist to?

• Locked thread