Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Crowetron posted:

Episode 63: The Red Id

Last time on Lunar Ball Z, Leo squared off against his possessed sister, and our heroes arrived just in time to stop him from preventing fratricide (is that the right term? gently caress it)

Sororicide, actually.

Also, yay, Mauri's back to normal! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Picayune posted:

D'aww, sparklehugs. :allears:

Lunar 2: precursor to Twilight confirmed

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The flashbacks along with the switching back and forth really makes this sequence. Also I think if you say yes to any of the Mauri's you have to fight the boss without it's defenses being lowered.

That makes the fight a whoooole lot harder.

Psion posted:

So that's where Mauri's possessed self got off to after being exorcized with sparklehugs. :ms:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man you gotta drag along BOFA everywhere.
The guys two big flaming hoots.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I think it's fantastic that the entire team just spends all their time dropping sick burns on Ronfar. Nonstop. And not much is added by Crowetron.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
That video scene somehow manages to be one of the most heartwarming scenes in the whole game, despite having more corn than Nebraska. I love it, cheesy cheeriness and all.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Psion posted:

No, no. There's no magic underwear or multiple wives, so I just don't see it. Not even the huge age difference between Hiro and Lucia is even remotely like that steaming pile of noxiousness - I hope. (Stephanie Meyer is on my list of "makes me feel like I need to apologize for the rest of us, non-crazy LDS types" :ughh: )

Also, holy crap! It's the mutated troll from the Willow movie! I wondered where that old bastard went, nice to see he got work as a boss encounter again.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Crowetron posted:

Wait, what?

No, wait, go back to that. What the hell does that mean?

I'd be willing to bet this particular screwiness comes from Japan using the words for Heart, Mind, and Soul interchangeably a lot. If you see the line as "I always wanted to be in Mauri's heart, but not like this" it makes a fuckton more sense.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Oh no, I'm betting that's all Working Designs. I mean, it's not that hard of a line to understand. To "get inside" someone's head is a pretty common turn of phrase. Making a really corny joke out of it is pretty WD-esque.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ryushikaze posted:

I'd be willing to bet this particular screwiness comes from Japan using the words for Heart, Mind, and Soul interchangeably a lot. If you see the line as "I always wanted to be in Mauri's heart, but not like this" it makes a fuckton more sense.

This is Ronnie. I don't think "heart" is the word we're looking for.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ryushikaze posted:

I think he just wants her to give him head. :shrug:

That Hydra looked pretty bad rear end up until those balls, what the hell?! :catstare:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I had straight the gently caress blocked those female balls from my head.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
That boss fight owns for a whole bunch of different reasons.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Crowetron I just love your characterization of Mauri. :allears:

It's beautiful.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dang, there's all sorts of murder words.

Camel Pimp posted:

This is one part that I have to say, without hesitation, is better in the remake than the original. I mean, the same things happen in the original, Ronfar goes inside Mauri's head, there are some battles without your healer, and he rescues her, but in the original that's kind of it. There's no flashbacks in the original, no Mauri clones, and the boss fight is against multiple lame-rear end firebirds. It's pretty lame. I guess if you don't like sappy romance stuff you'd like the original version more, 'cuz it's a lot shorter, but if you don't like sappy romance stuff why are you playing Lunar?

Clearly, we're playing to peep those big ol' hell nutz

Darth TNT posted:

That Hydra looked pretty bad rear end up until those balls, what the hell?! :catstare:

tithin posted:

I had straight the gently caress blocked those female balls from my head.

See? :shepface:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Frankly I'm just relieved that you didn't have to deal with a headspider popping off and scuttling away somewhere.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was a pretty interesting boss fight. But nobody else has healing? Not even Mystere?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Glazius posted:

That was a pretty interesting boss fight. But nobody else has healing? Not even Mystere?

You have the Blue Dragon Crest for healing if you're that worried. But honestly, the battle is mostly a formality. Unless you're ridiculously underleveled, it's hard to lose. Mauri doesn't do much damage.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Glazius posted:

If you want to get technical, Lucia can cast Heal Litany (I think Crowetron might've shown that off, but I'm not sure), but she generally only bothers if Hiro or herself starts to get low on HP.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah, Lucia will occasionally throw out a Heal Litany, but you won't really need it. If you can survive the dungeon leading up to her, you can breeze through the Mauri fight without any real trouble.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Glazius posted:

Mystere was not there.

I am reminded of someone. Betrayed by comrades. Severely burned and disfigured. Raging against the world.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

We are Dragon Diamond Dogs

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hey, just wondering, it's been a while since I played Lunar 2 and I forget how far we are in the game. I was wondering about how much we have left to go, so I don't just binge the entire LP at top speed and then end up having like half the game left to wait for in real time.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
We're VERY close to the end of the main game, but there's also a playable epilogue with a handful of dungeons to do.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

We're VERY close to the end of the main game, but there's also a playable epilogue with a handful of dungeons to do.

Thanks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Has this thread been abandoned? It's okay if so, just wondering since it's been quite some time.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
I hope not. This thread is one of my favorites.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
He's made it this far, would be a shame to let it die here.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
He's gone 3 or more months without an update like 3-4 times now, and he always comes back. Hopefully this time is also par for the course.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bufuman posted:

he always comes back.

Mostly because Zeikier draws something whenever he misses the thread enough :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I actually stopped playing pretty close to here. Now I'm wondering if I stopped just before the final boss or something.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mehuyael posted:

I actually stopped playing pretty close to here. Now I'm wondering if I stopped just before the final boss or something.

There's 2 or 3 dungeons left til the epilogue. And a huge amount of cutscenes. Were this the Sega CD version we'd have a couple optional dungeons but those all moved to the epilogue in this version.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 31, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

There's 2 or 3 dungeons left til the epilogue. And a huge amount of cutscenes. Were this the Sega CD version we'd have a couple optional dungeons but those all moved to the epilogue in this version.

Yeah I hope to see what's left. I don't remember exactly how many dungeons further I've been to, I only remember the last boss I beat and the cutscene after it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Okay, guys, here's the deal. I have been really busy lately with work, my podcast, and having disposable income right when a bunch of cool games come out. That being said, this is a fun project and I do hope to finish it. The grindy bits tend to get to me, so there may be a little behind the scenes cheating when we come back, but it is fun. I can't make any solid promises right now, but I have not yet fully committed to failure.

Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope I don't let you guys down.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crowetron posted:

Okay, guys, here's the deal. I have been really busy lately with work, my podcast, and having disposable income right when a bunch of cool games come out. That being said, this is a fun project and I do hope to finish it. The grindy bits tend to get to me, so there may be a little behind the scenes cheating when we come back, but it is fun. I can't make any solid promises right now, but I have not yet fully committed to failure.

Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope I don't let you guys down.

Do a lot of behind the scenes cheating, I don't give a gently caress about that. I just want to see how the story ends, and more importantly, your take on the ending. You're a really fun writer of character dialogue, man. You do good poo poo.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I understand. The sega-cd Lunar LP wore me down pretty bad too; although what got me there was all the loving dialogue I had to transcribe. By the way when you get to the epilogue and if you're gonna show the new NPC dialogue try to be more sane than I was about it. I tried to fit all the epilogue NPC chatter into one update and it went over the word count. Seriously. So. Much. loving. Dialogue.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Camel Pimp posted:

I understand. The sega-cd Lunar LP wore me down pretty bad too; although what got me there was all the loving dialogue I had to transcribe. So. Much. loving. Dialogue.

Game Arts.txt

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Do what you've gotta do. Just please, please finish it. I didn't realize how great this LP was until it wasn't updating. I'd really like to see how it ends. Thanks for the update!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There are only three places you should grind in this game and only one is possible to do outside of the RNG favoring you. Clear the first two or three infested whale boats in that water cave and escape.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

Hey, just wondering, it's been a while since I played Lunar 2 and I forget how far we are in the game. I was wondering about how much we have left to go, so I don't just binge the entire LP at top speed and then end up having like half the game left to wait for in real time.

welp, binged it anyway

I remember really liking this game, especially some stuff coming up, but it's always depressing to realize we won't get Lunar 3.

• Locked thread