Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

has roger ver considered seasteading? be your own permanent residence on a boat with no reliable source of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

TVarmy posted:

has roger ver considered seasteading? be your own permanent residence on a boat with no reliable source of food.

pretty sure if he's stateless they'll drop him off in international waters. Long walk short plank etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TVarmy posted:

he should colonize the giant garbage pile in the pacific

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

trucutru posted:

quote:
To be "white" you need to:
>have white skin
>have a Caucasoid skull
>have light colored nipples

is there a blockchain I can record my nipple colour to yet? it's very important that i do this in case somebody disputes it on the Internet

My PIN is 4826 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 4, 2015

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

My PIN is 4826 posted:

is there a blockchain I can record my nipple colour to yet? it's very important that i do this in case somebody disputes it on the Internet

submit the pictures to me, i'll record them

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

shadok posted:

incidentally some of you might be wondering why anyone in the caribbean gives a gently caress if they can easily travel to canada or not. weirdly, canada has a closer relationship with that region than you might think. to the point where there have been many actual no-kidding movements to have caribbean countries join canada as a new province or territory.

that would be really cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

prefect posted:

he should colonize the giant garbage pile in the pacific

be your own flotation device

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
from the grey thread:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

from the grey thread:

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

TVarmy posted:

uh ever heard of fish????????????? :owned: :smuggo:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
haven't seen a log-scale graph in awhile in here

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Buttcoin Hotline is live (760) 4-BUTTCOIN (or BUTTCO if that doesn't work)

It's just a voicemail box but maybe someone will say something funny, I don't know

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

from the grey thread:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

from the grey thread:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
also from grey

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

loving :lol:

http://qntra.net/2015/03/leaked-emails-detail-inner-workings-of-josh-garzas-scams/

Josh Garza posted:

The first is people that buy xpy directly from Paybase at the full price of $20. We would need to escrow every penny of that right? Because that person would want liquidity for every penny because they paid full price. Right? Makes sense. Only that means we never can use that money.

Now that not the issue. The issue is way worse then that. As the above only means we would have to make money some other way. No, the issue comes next. Let's assume the the following it true. For the next year, for whatever the reasons are, the price of xpy only goes up to 18 on the open market. Maybe it will go higher, but let's agree that it's out of our control and that's the case.

So this would then mean, a person would be able to game us forever. They could go to the market, buy for 18 and come sell to us for 20 over and over and over again. Outside the limits we out in place, there is nothing we can do to stop that. This then also means we would constantly loose money from this. Now here is the scary part, combine the first thing i said. If we are escrowing all the new xpy they buy from us, where does the new money come from to cover that spread?

Now, multiply that by 10 million, and forever. Coming together now?

The entire model is flawed.

This is a big deal.

I am working on trying to figure out anyway around this. But the issue is the entire model is built around these concepts. I just can not believe I never thought of this before. There is no way this will work.

Any sane person could see this the very first time they hear about this "guaranteed" buyback at $20.

Except Bitcoin guy here at work. He sunk a few grand into these at whatever price and they're now worth 59 cents today.

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 4, 2015

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

FCKGW posted:

It's just a voicemail box but maybe someone will say something funny, I don't know

has anyone said buttcoin yet?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

has anyone said buttcoin yet?

update: yes, the outgoing message says buttcoin

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

also from grey

Any sane person could see this the very first time they hear about this "guaranteed" buyback at $20.

Except Bitcoin guy here at work. He sunk a few grand into these at whatever price and they're now worth 59 cents today.
now that's what i call a captain of industry

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Garza's house of cards is coming down like someone put dynamite under it

quote:

They sold miners.
They realized it was stupid to ship miners so they set up cloud mining.
They realized it was stupid to actually pay for electricity so they sold "never obsolete" fake cloud miners that took advantage of "economies of scale" to be cheaper than all real miners out in the wild
To get more money flowing in these fake cloud miners paid out similarly (but a little more than) some well known mining pools, and had the ability to mine on 2 pools at once, increase the hashpower, stop difficulty from increasing, and other assorted bullshit (only for certain times 1x a day/week depending on which amp/boost you used).
Money started to run out so they announced hashpoint mining, where you could "mine" points that would be exchanged for a to be designed hashcoin.
Payouts for the "never obsolete" miners started to drop so low, and the promise of 400 hashpoints = 1 paycoin (which has the name xpy because there already is a paycoin) = $20 cause most (but not all) users to switch to hashpoint mining.
Paycoin is launched with a 1 week proof of work phase, 12 million premine, and then switches to proof of stake, hybrid flex blockchain (no, nobody knows what that means), etc.
Partnerships with amazon, walmart, target, and 100,000s of merchants are announced
"never obsolete" miners start having a payout of 1 satoshi after maintenance fees.
Nothing actually happens except the price dropping.
*In the middle of January the honors program is announced. Signup will be from Feb 1 to March 2. During that time people can give paycoins to GAW. On the first of each month they will payout at least $100k to people "honoring" a price of $20 per coin. People with a brain realize that if they pay 100k a month it will actually take years to get to $20 per coin and that payouts won't actually start until April 1. People without brains pump the price up a bit.
*Reports of an SEC investigation start floating around
*Jan 31/Feb1 "never obsolete mining" shuts down and the honors program signup never happens due to "legal reasons"
Leaks of GAW emails are released showing multiple more lies, but people with brains don't bother reading them because it's been perfectly honest since at least step 3 on this timeline that this whole thing has been a clusterfuck/scam the whole time.
*Paybase withdrawals were suspended at some point last week, more emails came out, and the price is reaching new lows.
*was edited in after original post.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

shadok posted:

incidentally some of you might be wondering why anyone in the caribbean gives a gently caress if they can easily travel to canada or not. weirdly, canada has a closer relationship with that region than you might think. to the point where there have been many actual no-kidding movements to have caribbean countries join canada as a new province or territory.

there's a lot of that sort of conversation going on in commonwealth states because the mother country is all cozy with it's new euro-fuckbuddies and doesn't have time to keep up the custody visits with it's old kids - the idea of a commonwealth free-trade zone is almost as old as the commonwealth itself

it's something that makes a huge amount of sense on a lot of levels so will literally never, ever happen, of course

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FCKGW posted:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Wait, so Garza realized way after the fact that his $20 guarantee means absolutely nothing?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I know never attribute to malice etc but christ

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

haveblue posted:

I know never attribute to malice etc butt christ

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
SEC subpoena for GAW

https://mega.co.nz/#!pU9WwKbD!GziM0bL59Tc4XN1gVLB4VmsGSZM7hUVui7BCQgODU90

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

there's a lot of that sort of conversation going on in commonwealth states because the mother country is all cozy with it's new euro-fuckbuddies and doesn't have time to keep up the custody visits with it's old kids - the idea of a commonwealth free-trade zone is almost as old as the commonwealth itself

it's something that makes a huge amount of sense on a lot of levels so will literally never, ever happen, of course

canada is already in a free trade agreement with anyone worth trading with. adding a caribbean territory has never really made a ton of sense, and at the end of the day the deal killer will always be that caribbean countries tend to be populated by the worst kind of dark-skinned people: poors.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

edit: tables

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

shadok posted:

canada is already in a free trade agreement with anyone worth trading with. adding a caribbean territory has never really made a ton of sense, and at the end of the day the deal killer will always be that caribbean countries tend to be populated by the worst kind of dark-skinned people: poors.

do you even believe your racism is ironic anymore?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

do you even believe your racism is ironic anymore?

i believe that canadians are generally pretty racist, i know that i was brought up to be racist here by racist parents and that i was only able to see the extent of it by living in england and then france. i hope i've exorcised it as much as i can from my own personality as i've grown older, but i've been surprised and disappointed again since i came back to canada in 2011 that friends and neighbours still have pretty strong opinions about, say somali immigrants or jamaican communities that are not good.

my post was flippant but not ironic, because i honestly believe that in a referendum the majority of canadians would reject adding a caribbean province, and there would be a lot of coded discussion about "entitlement" of new citizens, and their cultural attitudes towards work.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

shadok posted:

i believe that canadians are generally pretty racist, i know that i was brought up to be racist here by racist parents and that i was only able to see the extent of it by living in england and then france. i hope i've exorcised it as much as i can from my own personality as i've grown older, but i've been surprised and disappointed again since i came back to canada in 2011 that friends and neighbours still have pretty strong opinions about, say somali immigrants or jamaican communities that are not good.

my post was flippant but not ironic, because i honestly believe that in a referendum the majority of canadians would reject adding a caribbean province, and there would be a lot of coded discussion about "entitlement" of new citizens, and their cultural attitudes towards work.

what part of the country are you from? the most racism i see is usually from the whiter suburbs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

shadok posted:

lol

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

what part of the country are you from? the most racism i see is usually from the whiter suburbs

western suburbs of ottawa. specifically i grew up in bell's corners, which is sometimes cited as one of the most blighted strip-mall concrete crapholes in north america.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

FCKGW posted:

I would like to claim to be the first person that said buttcoin on you buttcoin hotline

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

shadok posted:

yeah this. winnipeg, canada's most racist city and it's blindingly apparent. pretty sad.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

i'd call, but my voice print is my wallet's private key.

have those things ever been used in a production security thing? they were in every 90's movie with a hacking scene, but there's so many obvious issues.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
oh right manitoba exists

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

TVarmy posted:

i'd call, but my voice print is my wallet's private key.

have those things ever been used in a production security thing? they were in every 90's movie with a hacking scene, but there's so many obvious issues.
the mobile app for my bank has a voice authentication thing that came out a few months ago: https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Press-Releases/USAA-Rolling-Out-Biometric-Logon-to-Accounts-in-Q1/ba-p/55785

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That must be pretty drat racist for France to be your not racist wakeup call.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVgWpVXb64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Consider a situation in which a doctor recently back from an aid mission to Sierra Leone leaves a hospital in a densely populated city in the US after having been erroneously cleared as ebola-free. The hospital discovers the mix up, and the doctor is at large, potentially spreading a deadly disease around the city. In such a situation the CDC may wish to ensure that health care providers and city officials are notified before any member of the press is notified. How would such a policy be expressed and enforced in a distributed communication network like Synereo? In our upcoming whitepaper, we show a specification of (the relevant communications of) such a system, together with a specification of the properties we want the system to hold, such as, eventually everybody gets the update, but the health care providers get it first. We’ll talk a lot more about this in the upcoming On Social Contracts Pt II post.

• Locked thread