Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

steinrokkan posted:

aaaah, stop ruining my posts you jerk :smith:

Never :boom:

No but seriously, I only added myself to that list over one document, which feels kinda megalomaniacal of me. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
portland

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

steinrokkan posted:

Why is it that no F+ affiliate uses their podcast handle as their SA name?

Have you ever seen Squint and Isfahan together in the same room?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Echo Cian posted:

I...I don't. Can't. This is art.
"gently caress the hell out of them with extreme maximum" might be one of the best things I've read all week.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

PubicMice posted:

Have you ever seen Squint and Isfahan together in the same room?

Isfahan was the name I used on the Portal of Evil, and I got this account about five years after making that one. I never dreamed my online presence would actually homogenize across both communities, especially after PoE died in 2010.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

kalensc posted:

Gangstalkers
To be fair, Portaxx apparently still has to deal with drama following her around from Portal of Evil. God, that has to suck.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Squint posted:

Isfahan was the name I used on the Portal of Evil, and I got this account about five years after making that one. I never dreamed my online presence would actually homogenize across both communities, especially after PoE died in 2010.

I watched your amazing Demon's Souls LP as it was going on became an Fplus fan through random chance. It genuinely blew my mind to realize that I recognized the voice from one place and then put it all together again.

P.S. Should the thread title be changed to have Lou mentioned? It's basically a trend for him too since the subject matter is already so similar and he's guested on the F plus few times as well.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

This is probably the hardest I've laughed at an episode in a while, there's just something charming about this kind of crazy. I can't really place my finger on why I like reading or hearing about people with absolutely insane ideas of how the world works, but I love it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've been listening to the show on shuffle when I go to bed and it's been introducing me to a lot of episodes I haven't heard before. My new favorite is Without Adult Supervision. Stog's intros kill me.

"Lemon: Lemon lemon lemon"

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Literally The Worst posted:

I've been listening to the show on shuffle when I go to bed and it's been introducing me to a lot of episodes I haven't heard before. My new favorite is Without Adult Supervision. Stog's intros kill me.

One of my favorite intros is STOG's in the first food episode."Taco in a pocket! Eat a taco, from your jeans pocket!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

One of my favorite intros is STOG's in the first food episode."Taco in a pocket! Eat a taco, from your jeans pocket!"

STOG for president 2016

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Portaxx [as John?]: Hey Lemon, have you noticed we've gotten really incompetent?
STOG [as Lemon]: [STOG]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Which episode had STOG's sampler plate of accents, please?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

steinrokkan posted:

Which episode had STOG's sampler plate of accents, please?

piss 84

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 4, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thanks!

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

For quite a while, Lemon's name on skype was Lemon "Lemon" Lemon-Lemon.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
Some people took the ending Kumquat gave and made a ringtone. Instead, I made a remix.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please let me know when STOG will be getting His own glorious spin-off series, thank you very much.

I think the best part of the No Supervision episode is the stinger of Lemon screaming at his internet and then disconnecting.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Better Call STOG

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Let's just have an episode where they do a normal version, and then replace everyone with Stog doing impressions of that person's current voice. :allears:

Also, replaying older episodes, I forgot that the song at the start of the "Supernatural" episode is easily in the top ten of the most infuriating things on the podcast. And the actual tune is kinda catchy, but oh my god how far up their own rear end is that lady if she's sincere. :argh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Let's just have an episode where they do a normal version, and then replace everyone with Stog doing impressions of that person's current voice. :allears:

Also, replaying older episodes, I forgot that the song at the start of the "Supernatural" episode is easily in the top ten of the most infuriating things on the podcast. And the actual tune is kinda catchy, but oh my god how far up their own rear end is that lady if she's sincere. :argh:

I still hope it's an ironic comedy song, and not something serious. I'm afraid to look into it, though.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Oh, she is sincere. Similarly, if you read Tumblrs that discuss Sherlock, they are full of posts like "this show is QUEER BAITING because that one time Sherlock had a beer with John and looked at him, this obviously means that they are boning". People who grew up schlicking to Final Fantasy Cloud/Sephiroth slashfics cannot comprehend the concept of a platonic relationship.

Cat Planet fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 4, 2015

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Both the songs there are actually kinda nice musically, but are also full of dumb Supernatural stuff. Makes me wonder if they're set to the tunes of other songs, or if they're actual compositions.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
Crazy fans can still be talented - look at the quality of some brony art people have been putting out.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Therion posted:

Crazy fans can still be talented - look at the quality of some brony art people have been putting out.
I'd really rather not.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Therion posted:

Oh, she is sincere. Similarly, if you read Tumblrs that discuss Sherlock, they are full of posts like "this show is QUEER BAITING because that one time Sherlock had a beer with John and looked at him, this obviously means that they are boning". People who grew up schlicking to Final Fantasy Cloud/Sephiroth slashfics cannot comprehend the concept of a platonic relationship.

Hey now. Supernatural doesn't keep having jokes about people mistaking it's main characters for a gay couple. Sherlock does, and it's legitimately annoying to have a show keep joking about gayness when it's the year 2015 and there's still poo poo all for LGBT people on mainstream TV that aren't The Gay Friend. The Sherlock fandom has plenty of sins, don't get me wrong, but being annoyed that the show does that kind of "we want to make them like us but we also don't want to actually show gay people" pandering too often isn't one of them.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Therion posted:

A lot of those are just vaguely normal art types doing commissions for easy money.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Queer baiting, like most Tumblr topics, is an actual thing that happens that gets blown out of proportion and applied to everything whether it fits or not.

because can we just talk about

no you guys

this is really important

i want ATTENTIOn

and the only way

the oNLY way

to get attention in a fandom

is by generating ouTRAGE

#queer baiting #fairly oddparents #timsmo #timmyxcosmo #little pink hat

384 notes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Djeser posted:

Queer baiting, like most Tumblr topics, is an actual thing that happens that gets blown out of proportion and applied to everything whether it fits or not.

because can we just talk about

no you guys

this is really important

i want ATTENTIOn

and the only way

the oNLY way

to get attention in a fandom

is by generating ouTRAGE

#queer baiting #fairly oddparents #timsmo #timmyxcosmo #little pink hat

384 notes
needs more?? question marks???

I really need to get off my rear end and put together a general Tumblr Teen document.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

needs more?? question marks???

I really need to get off my rear end and put together a general Tumblr Teen document.

To Serve Otherkin already exists.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

To Serve Otherkin already exists.
Too specific. I want to hear STOG screaming about xir genders and Kumquat breathlessly lamenting that the wrong person reblogged him.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

HELLO YES HI. MY NAME IS WHATIFWEWEREALLROBOTSINDISGUISE. AURAGGGH. I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S KORRA!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Hey now. Supernatural doesn't keep having jokes about people mistaking it's main characters for a gay couple.

Amusingly Supernatural is rather aware of its obsessive fans and has done a few meta episodes about people who ship some of the male main characters while basically saying "Knock that poo poo off, it's creepy."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's wrong with Stog

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

What's wrong with Stog

Absolutely nothing.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Djeser posted:

HELLO YES HI. MY NAME IS WHATIFWEWEREALLROBOTSINDISGUISE. AURAGGGH. I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S KORRA!

I didn't even realise I was familiar enough with Kumquat to read posts in his voice.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

2house2fly posted:

I didn't even realise I was familiar enough with Kumquat to read posts in his voice.

Its the "Hello yes hi" it bootstraps your brain directly to Kumquat.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
It's basically the F Plus equivalent of 'Good news, everyone!' like that.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

What's wrong with Stog

literally the worst question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat