Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Watching that SVU gamergate episode now and it's fantastic. No one mentioned there was a "swatting" scene.
edit: OH poo poo THE HACKERS HAVE TAKEN OVER GAME ON NYPD
edit2: And Ice-T learns a valuable lesson about camping as a viable tactic.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DivisionPost posted:

And it landed Ellie Kemper for the lead. Ellie Kemper is goddamned amazing and it sounds like this role is going to make her the star she deserves to be.

I think Comedy Bang Bang described her the best: "So adorable she makes a baby dear look like a pile of poo poo."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought Aya Cash was Ellie Kemper for like the first four episodes of You're the Worst.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's called a fawn

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

raditts posted:

Watching that SVU gamergate episode now and it's fantastic. No one mentioned there was a "swatting" scene.
edit: OH poo poo THE HACKERS HAVE TAKEN OVER GAME ON NYPD
edit2: And Ice-T learns a valuable lesson about camping as a viable tactic.

The lady that got assaulted saying that her assailants "leveled up" after raping her is downright farcical. That episode is the best thing Law and Order SVU's put out in years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fox is making an Expendables series with old TV action actors it seems. That should definitely gobble up the demo ratings.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/expendables-tv-series-fox-sylvester-stallone-1201386545/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Will they force in unneeded bullshit like Human Target season 2?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GreenNight posted:

Will they force in unneeded bullshit like Human Target season 2?

I will tolerate Mrs. Poochie if it means Guerrero might also show up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Vanderdeath posted:

The lady that got assaulted saying that her assailants "leveled up" after raping her is downright farcical. That episode is the best thing Law and Order SVU's put out in years.

I think the ISIS style kidnapping video that the not-COD enthusiasts posted online was definitely the high point of the episode. That was just incredible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Anybody going to watch DIG tonight? Looks terrible to me and I wish Jason Issacs was still doing Awake cause he's a better actor than some Middle East conspiracy show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Anybody going to watch DIG tonight? Looks terrible to me and I wish Jason Issacs was still doing Awake.

I added it to my DVR but not going to watch it immediately. It looks like Zero Hour.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Vanderdeath posted:

That episode makes me think of the episode of Luther where two gamers go on a crime spree where they commit random acts of violence and vandalism based on dice rolls.

That show was so goddam ridiculous after season one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching last night's Sunny and I don't think anything could be funnier than "Show me dragon!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GreenNight posted:

I added it to my DVR but not going to watch it immediately. It looks like Zero Hour.

Not a whole lot of shows could hope to top "ancient doomsday cult wants to obtain Jesus' DNA to clone him and bring about the end of days".

Zero Hour was absurd.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Gonz posted:

Not a whole lot of shows could hope to top "ancient doomsday cult wants to obtain Jesus' DNA to clone him and bring about the end of days".

Zero Hour was absurd.

Yeah, the show was bonkers. Half of it didn't even air in the US and I ended up downloading it. Was a great ride though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, saw a commercial for next week's Man Seeking Woman and for that episode they're calling it Woman Seeking Man.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Anybody going to watch DIG tonight? Looks terrible to me and I wish Jason Issacs was still doing Awake cause he's a better actor than some Middle East conspiracy show.

Funny you should bring that up because I was just coming here to tell you about how Daniel Fienberg sent that show to the burn ward.

Daniel Fienberg posted:

"The Big Bang Theory" did an episode in which Amy ruins "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for Sheldon by pointing out that for all of the action and adventure, "Indiana Jones plays no role in the outcome of the story. If he weren’t in the film, it would turn out exactly the same."

I've watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" subsequently and, thankfully, Amy didn't actually ruin the movie. I can't dispute her regarding the main character's agency, but it's still an awesome movie, one of the genre's most thrilling achievements.

You cannot, it turns out, ruin "Raiders of the Lost Ark" by pointing out a structure flaw.

You also, fortunately, cannot ruin "Raiders of the Lost Ark" by doing a dreadful story about nefarious forces searching for the Ark of the Covenant, or Ark-adjacent artifacts. But if you could ruin "Raiders of the Lost Ark" merely by desecrating its dramatic objective, USA's "Dig" might come dangerously close.

Read more at http://m.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/review-usas-dig-goes-from-holy-land-mystery-to-wholly-bland-dud#rJFzoo35Y3ijqjSc.99

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 6, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DivisionPost posted:

Funny you should bring that up because I was just coming here to tell you about how Daniel Fienberg sent that show to the burn ward.

That is an insanely long burn, he really hated it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

That bit about Raiders is not even true though. If it weren't for Indy they wouldn't know that THEY WERE DIGGING IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is it bad I know this song in Allegiance is one of the ones nobody ever played on the radio from Maroon 5's first album?

Also, poor Alex listening to his sister fool around with some guy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
um I know it's against the rules but it's a charity thing so

Bryan Konietzko, co-creator of Korra, is releasing 100 prints of this art by him, with proceeds going to an LGBTQ charity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 6, 2015

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can someone tell me, in terms of hours from now, when Kimmy Schmidt is coming out? I've only been able to find a date (today), but not a time. If it goes up at midnight, what time zone is that?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Argue posted:

Can someone tell me, in terms of hours from now, when Kimmy Schmidt is coming out? I've only been able to find a date (today), but not a time. If it goes up at midnight, what time zone is that?

it'll go up at midnight PST, so 3 hours and 40 minutes

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

DivisionPost posted:

Daniel Fienberg posted:

In New Mexico, Pastor Billingham (David Costabile) is a fundamentalist religious leader with a hammy Southern accent. He has written a book on Immortality through Jesus. [I had to pause my screener, because the font on his book was nearly unreadable. I hope that that will be fixed before the final version airs, because it seems important.] With the help of initially meek follower Debbie (Lauren Ambrose), he's preparing a young boy for his bar mitzvah.

...what? Is this Messianic Judaism or something? How does this make even the slightest amount of sense?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kimmy Schmidt's up. First episode was really funny. It's definitely way better than that lovely trailer made it look.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

I think the ISIS style kidnapping video that the not-COD enthusiasts posted online was definitely the high point of the episode. That was just incredible.

I reckon it'd be pretty hard for them to top the time Ice T referred to video games as a "magical rape land" about 10 years ago, but that sounds like it might just pull it off.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

Kimmy Schmidt's up. First episode was really funny. It's definitely way better than that lovely trailer made it look.

I'm about a third of the way through the 4th episode. The theme song's gonna get under some skins, but holy poo poo this show. It's basically 30 Rock centered around a survivor of prolonged gross abuse instead of a TV writer; no wonder NBC was scared of this. I'd be terrified. But instead of feeling insensitive or like it's piling on, the thing loving works, and in a just world Ellie Kemper would be a mortal lock for the Emmy.

And the best part? I suspect it's only just warming up. If this thing finds a new gear it could actually stand toe to toe with Last Man on Earth, and I don't say that lightly.

EDIT: Well gently caress me running that didn't take long. I mean it's not Last Man on Earth good (and let's be clear, that'd be an incredible mark to hit; it's like faulting any NBA player for not being LeBron James), but the 4th episode, "Kimmy Goes To the Doctor!", is to Kimmy Schmidt what "Tracy Does Conan" is to 30 Rock.

And what the hell is this show going to be like when Fey and company isn't writing to NBC standards anymore? Not that I'm expecting it to suddenly go TV-MA, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fey was holding back out of network considerations, consciously or otherwise.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Mar 6, 2015

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was really enjoying it already, but Jane Krakowski's character's origin story in episode three absolutely killed me. I'm glad this show is definitely guaranteed at least two seasons.

Also: "Make like a dwarf at a jukebox and pay up"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

raditts posted:

That bit about Raiders is not even true though. If it weren't for Indy they wouldn't know that THEY WERE DIGGING IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!

I think that's one of the arguments about Raiders. If it weren't for Indy, the Ark never would have been found.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Kimmy Schmidt is amazing :allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Davros1 posted:

I think that's one of the arguments about Raiders. If it weren't for Indy, the Ark never would have been found.

They probably would have found it eventually. They weren't that far from it, and as they continued to find nothing they probably would have expanded the search zone. So, the absolute worst thing you can say Indy did in that movie was help the Nazis find the Ark faster, which in turn meant they were dead sooner, so a real win/win.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Also, the movie's called Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, not Indiana Jones Raids the Lost Ark or Indiana Jones: Search for the Lost Ark.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Irish Joe posted:

Also, the movie's called Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, not Indiana Jones Raids the Lost Ark or Indiana Jones: Search for the Lost Ark.

Actually the movie is just called Raiders of the Lost Ark.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thrawn527 posted:

Actually the movie is just called Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Indy himself could be considered a raider of the lost ark as well.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just finished Kimmy Schmidt episode 7. The show just found a whole new gear. Yuko is loving amazing, and the way Titus and Mrs. Vorhees interacts with her is dark and incredible.

On the whole the show is so much darker than 30 Rock yet packs in the same madcap sense of humor and joke-per-minute ratio -- which seems impossible until you actually see it in action and then remember that Tina Fey is a genius.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

They probably would have found it eventually. They weren't that far from it, and as they continued to find nothing they probably would have expanded the search zone. So, the absolute worst thing you can say Indy did in that movie was help the Nazis find the Ark faster, which in turn meant they were dead sooner, so a real win/win.

Marion would be dead, and the only reason the US gets to hang onto the WMD that is the Ark after the Nazis get killed is because Indy is around to recover it. Otherwise some other Nazis or who knows else might have gotten there first to collect it.

Indy absolutely wins the Ark, he just does it through humility before the power it represents, not derring-do in directly defeating the bad guys.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sir Kodiak posted:

Marion would be dead, and the only reason the US gets to hang onto the WMD that is the Ark after the Nazis get killed is because Indy is around to recover it. Otherwise some other Nazis or who knows else might have gotten there first to collect it.

Indy absolutely wins the Ark, he just does it through humility before the power it represents, not derring-do in directly defeating the bad guys.

Oh sure, I was just commenting on the person who said that without Indy the Nazis wouldn't have found the Ark, which isn't likely true.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Oh sure, I was just commenting on the person who said that without Indy the Nazis wouldn't have found the Ark, which isn't likely true.

Apologies, I was just using your post as an opportunity to jump feet-first into this meaty debate topic. Didn't intend it as a rebuttal.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

thrawn527 posted:

If Indy hadn't become involved, do you think the Nazis may have waited until they were back in Berlin to open the Ark in front of Hitler and his top aides? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Well, we are still in service of a common goal, which is to say that Indy was irrelevant in the events of the movie is loving dumb.

• Locked thread