Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

I will remember this. :colbert:

And besides, it's not like I didn't spend some significant time trying to coach him first. I tried. :3:

tbf mills, i think that didn't help very much

they were stuck trying to maintain two lines of thought (their own + whatever you were asking of them)

i stayed quiet because if they didn't want to hear advice they wouldn't have kept listening

but that's all ifs and buts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You're literally a sore loser.

that doesnt make any sense, i said i played a horrible game, i didnt explicitly say i deserved to lose but im happy to say that i deserved to lose, i knew i was playing an awful game the minute i started saving AT

things dont become true just because you invent them and write them on the internet :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i honestly cant tell if you are trolling anymore because i legit dont think you are this stupid but i also didnt think you'd keep going with a troll for so long so idk anymore

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm an rear end in a top hat

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

can you please confirm you dont think you are trolling :angel:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i personally think atrociousposter (haha) was a good person and i'd like to see more of them around

on my first game of mafia i got modkilled for talking to diqnol out-of-thread thinking he was scum (which confirmed me as town to him)

no one has online-forum-investigation-game-mentality embedded in them by nature

and i only asked for you (toaster) to be modkilled because i assumed whatever stressed you into not being so active was just going to get worse if you were left alone without a team

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i personally think atrociousposter (haha) was a good person and i'd like to see more of them around

on my first game of mafia i got modkilled for talking to diqnol out-of-thread thinking he was scum (which confirmed me as town to him)

no one has online-forum-investigation-mentality embedded in them by nature

and i only asked for you (toaster) to be modkilled because i assumed whatever stressed you into not being so active was just going to get worse if you were left alone without a team

hes posting somewhere else now, so hes alive. he got a name change too :3:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

You know I'm pretty disappointed that several of the demons didn't get used, especially the Jirae Kwamcha from D1 that Ernie won, I was particularly proud of it (it was a power reverser, turned a doc to a kill, an enable to a roleblock, etc)

I feel like a lot of cool things that I were hoping would happen didn't happen actually :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

aside from that chic ran an awesome game, and not enough credit goes to her maintaining interesting mechanics for players of four factions and having it end in an incredibly well-balanced 6-player ending (and for dealing with all the angry rants people posted about lurking)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah good job Chic.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you're going to throw shade, don't be surprised when it's thrown back at you

I need you to confirm this is not a troll because I legit have my handle on your intelligence dial in my mental notes. Don't do this to yourself !!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also sorry for never finishing rewriting ya'lls character flavor!! I got sick around when I was trying to write it with a flu so I had like 0 energy to write, and after that I became kind of frustrated w/ this game for a variety of reasons and just plain didn't want to, oops

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

God loving drat am I stupid

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Chic you were busy winning Diplomacy too. :slick:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

I need you to confirm this is not a troll because I legit have my handle on your intelligence dial in my mental notes. Don't do this to yourself !!!

mills stop, you know exactly that you're both playing off each other's trolls

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Call me a shitposter again.

Things aren't true because you type them on the internet. Don't put words in my mouth. <:mad:>

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thanks for the game, Chic! Would gems for that damned ring have ever come up again? I was saving my macca for them.

I think Mills is angry about being called a troll when his initial reaction to the end of the game was to talk about how everyone who made it to the end was really lovely, which is poor sportsmanship. Mills, go play rugby, pal.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

Things aren't true because you type them on the internet. Don't put words in my mouth. <:mad:>

You said it. It made me angry. Now you're angry. We are even.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Thanks for the game, Chic! Would gems for that damned ring have ever come up again? I was saving my macca for them.

I think Mills is angry about being called a troll when his initial reaction to the end of the game was to talk about how everyone who made it to the end was really lovely, which is poor sportsmanship. Mills, go play rugby, pal.

There was a coin toss for a shop to show up every day but it kept coming up tails vOv if the shop had ever shown back up then yeah there would've been some gemstones available

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's okay. I forgive you, coin toss.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

YOU MEAN THIS COIN FLIP

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

There also would've been a gun, for those of you who bought a bullet. I was gonna say "fuckit" and run a shop D6 anyway because it was getting ridiculous, but then the game ended. ~oh well~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie. posted:

mills stop, you know exactly that you're both playing off each other's trolls

I legit asked Diqnol how he thinks I could have played my game better on a relative basis (inclusive of a horrible starting assumption of "AT needs to be saved") because I respect his mafia game. I freely admit that on an absolute basis I did not play a good game; I think saving Toaster was a terrible decision if we wanted to win and said as much at the time. I'm not sure why he thinks that my admitting my absolute game was awful (and asking for any tips on the relative game I chose to play) makes me a sore loser. Like I said, I never thought of him as stupid. But I don't see him keeping a troll going for this long in the face of an obviously genuine dialogue that I've tried to foster.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you think I called you a poo poo poster you're wrong. I was referring to everyone left after you died. I'm not angry at you. I'm bemused by your behaviour right now. A misunderstanding from you could also explain it.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also, I know that having both a 3-shot brutal cop and a regular cop was kiiind of unbalanced, but I was very worried for the town considering that the game started with a staggering 10 non town, and I honestly didn't expect the level of accuracy that both cop roles pulled off. Something to remember for next game, I guess!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'd like to see other scum doc laughing at our 2 days

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Little Mac posted:

This is a misrepresentation. I made a throwaway comment based on the players who were left looking suspiciously like all the familiar names that got discussed in the Discussion thread when we talked about black listing. I'm sorry you misunderstood!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sorry Mills

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

Also, I know that having both a 3-shot brutal cop and a regular cop was kiiind of unbalanced, but I was very worried for the town considering that the game started with a staggering 10 non town, and I honestly didn't expect the level of accuracy that both cop roles pulled off. Something to remember for next game, I guess!

Brutal cop is super OP. I think with two scum teams you have to rely on cross fire and give the town defensive roles to stay alive instead.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You started the dialogue by calling me a poo poo poster, no offense :3: I was among the final 9 alive. You said it immediately after I said "I'm not an idiot." Oh, and the smug "haha"s. You're full of absolute poo poo if you're claiming that you meant none of it.

Did you think I would smilingly help feed your ego after that?

I'm sorry I didn't count the exact number and I'm sorry you misunderstood my intention. The rest of what you have posted has been a bit silly really. Maybe re-read this all with my intended meaning when you have cooled off. :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic, if we had lynched scum every day, there was a possibility we would not have won, right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'd like to see other scum doc laughing at our 2 days

I think by day 2 we were starting to realize if you all die this quickly it was actually screwing us as well

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic, if we had lynched scum every day, there was a possibility we would not have won, right?

I guess that depends on if you lynched off members of one team entirely before the other or not. I didn't really run all the math!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I mean I guess it was possible but like, a super remote possibility, considering all the roles + other stuff in this game

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Chic Trombone posted:

I mean I guess it was possible but like, a super remote possibility, considering all the roles + other stuff in this game

oh man you're telling me all we had to do was claim scum and ask the other team to claim scum and super co-ordinate our assault on town in-thread?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Did all the townies start with 50k?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mills posted:

Did all the townies start with 50k?

No, but all powerless people did. Power roles started with 30k or 20k, depending on the power itself and how "strong" i considered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Chic Trombone posted:

No, but all powerless people did. Power roles started with 30k or 20k, depending on the power itself and how "strong" i considered it.

i broke this on the very first day, and no one used it to test alignments :(

• Locked thread