Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I believe it's somewhere around 30,000 hours. So, around 10 years at 8 hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
That's pretty good. I'm not even sure why I care so much about burn-in. The TV I bought in August of 2013 has fewer than 300 hours of power on time.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

bull3964 posted:

Well, that sort of power saving's isn't really necessary for a TV, but that's also something the 4th white pixel helps to mitigate.

It really is an elegant solution to many of OLED woes and LG is right is saying it's amazing no one has followed them down that route.

No one has followed them down that route cause no one else is making big oled panels. Sony maxes at what 17"? And samsung is focused on phones

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Don Lapre posted:

No one has followed them down that route cause no one else is making big oled panels. Sony maxes at what 17"? And samsung is focused on phones

Well, one of the reasons why no one is making big OLED panels is yield on large RGB panels remains low. Going white LED would resolve that hurdle somewhat. Samsung (being Samsung) is more worried about gimmicks at this point than pure image quality though.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

bull3964 posted:

Well, one of the reasons why no one is making big OLED panels is yield on large RGB panels remains low. Going white LED would resolve that hurdle somewhat. Samsung (being Samsung) is more worried about gimmicks at this point than pure image quality though.

TBF most of the things i saw said the Samsung 55" oled tv had better color reproduction than the lg.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I wound up saying "eh, gently caress it" on the 4K, and got a 48-inch 1080p yesterday from Dell :http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7525020&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

$450 free shipping, and it comes with a $150 Dell Promo Gift Card, and I used Dell Advantage for another 5% gift card ($22) and 4% on MrRebates and 1% on my credit card ($22)

So effectively about $280 since I know how to dump the Dell cards for money pretty well.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Don Lapre posted:

TBF most of the things i saw said the Samsung 55" oled tv had better color reproduction than the lg.

Maybe so, but I'm betting LG's OLED TV has better color reproduction and uniformity than Samsung's whole LCD lineup. In other words, it's better to reach for an improvement and achieve it than fail to obtain perfection and give up.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
My budget for a new TV is around $1200 (Australian).

Options in that price range are:
TH-50AS700A (Panasonic)
55LB6500 (LG)

Thoughts? Suggestions for others?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

My Vizio E-Series colors randomly become flat?

All the colors are person face become one colors, all the surfaces don't have any depth. It's off and on...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Make sure any sort of digital noise reduction is turned off. That sort of mosaic effect is usually a result of that.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

EvilElmo posted:

My budget for a new TV is around $1200 (Australian).

Options in that price range are:
55LB6500 (LG)

Thoughts? Suggestions for others?

I bought the 42lb6500 about a month ago from JB, mainly for gaming. Has a pretty good picture and image quality is pretty good.

I managed to get it for about $450, so you should be able to get the 55 for well under $12

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Puddin posted:

I bought the 42lb6500 about a month ago from JB, mainly for gaming. Has a pretty good picture and image quality is pretty good.

I managed to get it for about $450, so you should be able to get the 55 for well under $12

Currently advertised at $1198. I'll search around.

Ocular
Sep 20, 2005

I am currently saving up for BRATZ Forever diamonds set
I'm having some trouble deciding on a display to replace my ancient 46" Bravia LCD that met it's unfortunate end several months ago. I've been saving my pennies for a while, but really only feel comfortable spending $1200 at most. I'm looking to go for a fairly substantial upgrade in size based on my current living space, 55-60" seems like the sweet spot.

4K is interesting, but as it stands I don't believe I can justify a 4K set given their price points in that general size range. I don't think I'll even utilize any 4K content for the foreseeable future, especially since I'll be using this set for primarily gaming with the odd show/movie when I have company. Even if I saved up for a while longer and went for a less expensive 4K display, I'd still end up sacrificing refresh rates/input lag and some other basic features with the lower end models. Just seems sort of counter productive when I can't even picture myself utilizing 4K content, more a feeling of obligation than anything I suppose.

I'm not very comfortable ordering big ticket items online, but even then I couldn't find any great deals mulling over it for the past month or so. My local shops actually have some decent sales on some nice sets, and I've sort of narrowed it down to about 4 that caught my eye.

As I said, I'll be using this set mainly for gaming, so low input lag is fairly important to me. There's not much other criteria I'm adamant about, but optimally I'm looking for about 4 HDMI ports, headphone jack (surprisingly non-existent in a lot of displays now, understandable though) and really just the basics that come with a Smart TV anyway such as wifi and whatnot.

The first two that I've been keeping an eye on for a while:

Sony 55" KDL55W800B (well, the Canadian model, 790B assuming they are the same, more or less) - I like this set, it has everything I really could need (low display lag, all inputs, etc) and is on sale for a few hundred off @ $999. Only concern is that I'm unsure if 55" would really hit the spot for viewing distance. Also, this is a 3D display, I have a decent amount of 3D content but is it really worth it to bother with 3D anymore? It seems to be dying out, but certainly would be neat to have, I suppose.
Sony 60" KDL60W630B - Lowest input lag for a 60" display according to Display Lag's chart. Nice looking 2014 model with most/all of the features I'm looking for. A little pricier at $1100-1200 depending on if I can price match it. Does not support 3D, but that would be a non-issue if 3D is on it's way out.

I really like the Sony displays as I do a lot of PS3/PS4 gaming and the synonymous interface and other PlayStation/Sony oriented features (PlayStation Now and so on) seem fairly convenient as that's where most of it's use will come from. Maybe just gimmicky stuff, but it's something that is one up on other displays in my situation at least.

I picked out two Samsung displays on sale as well, I'm not too thrilled as they lack the inputs I'm looking for, and the input lag is not as impressive compared to the Sony sets, but I'm trying to give myself a few more options at least as I've enjoyed Samsung displays in the past:

Samsung 55" UN55H6350AFXZC - Actually has enough HDMI inputs, but no headphone jack, not a huge issue however I have a really nice pair of wired Sennheiser cans that I've stuck with for ages and don't really want to get a wireless pair at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it out. Still kind of pricey even after a few hundred off @ $1100. I guess the biggest benefit would be the smoother Smart TV functionality compared to Sony's OS, which as I understand has some issues.
Samsung 55" UN55H6203 - Really just a bare bones, budget option in case I opt for a less expensive model. Decent sale, but still sitting just under $900 which isn't significantly less than the much nicer KDL55W800B from Sony at the moment. Only 2 HDMI, so I would have to find some solution. Not really ideal.

Thoughts on these sets, especially the Sony displays? Is 3D functionality something I should be bothering with? Being a fairly average consumer and by no means a videophile, should I just not bother with 4K for now? Dare I ask if there is anything upcoming this year that would be worth waiting for? Any opinions and suggestions would be really appreciated. I've not paid any attention to display tech in such a long time. At this point I'm pretty close to just pulling the trigger on the 55" Sony to see how it fits in my apartment as well as the 3D functionality (never experienced it before), and if it doesn't work out, return it and try the 60". I'm really sorry for such a long post that could easily be truncated to get right to the point, but I'm stressed and overthinking everything, I'm going stir crazy without a display and console/PC games towering over me :smith:

Thanks in advance for any advice! :unsmith:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I just snagged a 55" 1080p Hisense IPS from Microcenter... it was a refurbished model, and it was an open box return that was marked down even further. Wound up being $340 plus tax. Remote is busted but I can get that RMAed and my phone has an IR Blaster so that works in the meantime.

For people who live near a Microcenter it is worth checking for Open Box like that. Plus they're very good about returns.

Edit: Also, the text from my laptop looked fuzzy to me until I turned the sharpness down to 0, now it seems pixel-perfect. Should I be doing anything else with the settings?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 1, 2015

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Should I be doing anything else with the settings?

Zero sharpness is a good start. Turn your contrast up to 100, and then adjust your brightness and gamma settings against the Sharpness, Black level, and White saturation charts here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/.

Edit: also disable dynamic contrast, if you have it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Ocular posted:

I'm having some trouble deciding on a display to replace my ancient 46" Bravia LCD that met it's unfortunate end several months ago. I've been saving my pennies for a while, but really only feel comfortable spending $1200 at most. I'm looking to go for a fairly substantial upgrade in size based on my current living space, 55-60" seems like the sweet spot.

4K is interesting, but as it stands I don't believe I can justify a 4K set given their price points in that general size range. I don't think I'll even utilize any 4K content for the foreseeable future, especially since I'll be using this set for primarily gaming with the odd show/movie when I have company. Even if I saved up for a while longer and went for a less expensive 4K display, I'd still end up sacrificing refresh rates/input lag and some other basic features with the lower end models. Just seems sort of counter productive when I can't even picture myself utilizing 4K content, more a feeling of obligation than anything I suppose.

I'm not very comfortable ordering big ticket items online, but even then I couldn't find any great deals mulling over it for the past month or so. My local shops actually have some decent sales on some nice sets, and I've sort of narrowed it down to about 4 that caught my eye.

As I said, I'll be using this set mainly for gaming, so low input lag is fairly important to me. There's not much other criteria I'm adamant about, but optimally I'm looking for about 4 HDMI ports, headphone jack (surprisingly non-existent in a lot of displays now, understandable though) and really just the basics that come with a Smart TV anyway such as wifi and whatnot.

The first two that I've been keeping an eye on for a while:

Sony 55" KDL55W800B (well, the Canadian model, 790B assuming they are the same, more or less) - I like this set, it has everything I really could need (low display lag, all inputs, etc) and is on sale for a few hundred off @ $999. Only concern is that I'm unsure if 55" would really hit the spot for viewing distance. Also, this is a 3D display, I have a decent amount of 3D content but is it really worth it to bother with 3D anymore? It seems to be dying out, but certainly would be neat to have, I suppose.
Sony 60" KDL60W630B - Lowest input lag for a 60" display according to Display Lag's chart. Nice looking 2014 model with most/all of the features I'm looking for. A little pricier at $1100-1200 depending on if I can price match it. Does not support 3D, but that would be a non-issue if 3D is on it's way out.

I really like the Sony displays as I do a lot of PS3/PS4 gaming and the synonymous interface and other PlayStation/Sony oriented features (PlayStation Now and so on) seem fairly convenient as that's where most of it's use will come from. Maybe just gimmicky stuff, but it's something that is one up on other displays in my situation at least.

I picked out two Samsung displays on sale as well, I'm not too thrilled as they lack the inputs I'm looking for, and the input lag is not as impressive compared to the Sony sets, but I'm trying to give myself a few more options at least as I've enjoyed Samsung displays in the past:

Samsung 55" UN55H6350AFXZC - Actually has enough HDMI inputs, but no headphone jack, not a huge issue however I have a really nice pair of wired Sennheiser cans that I've stuck with for ages and don't really want to get a wireless pair at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it out. Still kind of pricey even after a few hundred off @ $1100. I guess the biggest benefit would be the smoother Smart TV functionality compared to Sony's OS, which as I understand has some issues.
Samsung 55" UN55H6203 - Really just a bare bones, budget option in case I opt for a less expensive model. Decent sale, but still sitting just under $900 which isn't significantly less than the much nicer KDL55W800B from Sony at the moment. Only 2 HDMI, so I would have to find some solution. Not really ideal.

Thoughts on these sets, especially the Sony displays? Is 3D functionality something I should be bothering with? Being a fairly average consumer and by no means a videophile, should I just not bother with 4K for now? Dare I ask if there is anything upcoming this year that would be worth waiting for? Any opinions and suggestions would be really appreciated. I've not paid any attention to display tech in such a long time. At this point I'm pretty close to just pulling the trigger on the 55" Sony to see how it fits in my apartment as well as the 3D functionality (never experienced it before), and if it doesn't work out, return it and try the 60". I'm really sorry for such a long post that could easily be truncated to get right to the point, but I'm stressed and overthinking everything, I'm going stir crazy without a display and console/PC games towering over me :smith:

Thanks in advance for any advice! :unsmith:

We just bought the 55h6350 for our bonus room last night and its excellent. The smart functions work well and it has all the apps we want, netflix, amazon, and hbo go. The sound is even pretty good.

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend
Thinking of replacing my 40" since we went from about 5" away to about 12" away from the TV and I'm having difficulties seeing some of the menus.

• $650 max budget
  • Only need 2 HDMI
  • Use Xbox 360 for Hulu/Netflix/streaming from NAS
  • Don't even have cable; no sports or gaming
  • TV is about 12 feet away and above the fireplace; about 6 feet up on the wall. Will get a tilt mount to help with viewing angles.
  • Use an existing sound bar, so speakers aren't a big deal if they suck

We're looking at this LG 55" 5900 for $599. Any thoughts that I may be missing? We looked at it in a Best Buy and it looked fine to us.

I appreciate all you smarter people who stay in this thread; TV just isn't a big thing for me so any recommendations are appreciated :)

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Rent posted:

Thinking of replacing my 40" since we went from about 5" away to about 12" away from the TV and I'm having difficulties seeing some of the menus.

• $650 max budget
  • Only need 2 HDMI
  • Use Xbox 360 for Hulu/Netflix/streaming from NAS
  • Don't even have cable; no sports or gaming
  • TV is about 12 feet away and above the fireplace; about 6 feet up on the wall. Will get a tilt mount to help with viewing angles.
  • Use an existing sound bar, so speakers aren't a big deal if they suck

We're looking at this LG 55" 5900 for $599. Any thoughts that I may be missing? We looked at it in a Best Buy and it looked fine to us.

I appreciate all you smarter people who stay in this thread; TV just isn't a big thing for me so any recommendations are appreciated :)

Vizio E-Series is pretty much the top rated TV for the money. The 55" is about $700. The 50" is $530. You may actually be better off at this point just waiting because March-May is the time frame of the major TV companies releasing their new products. So even if you are looking for a 2014 TV, you may be best off waiting and watching this month to see if it drops in price.

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003
I rearranged my living room and my viewing distance increased by a couple feet so it's time to get a 55". Is the Samsung UNHU8550 at all worth the price tag? It seems pretty high at $2,100. It would be stretching my budget a bit, but since I don't exactly buy TVs that often I'm OK with dropping some more money to get the best picture quality possible for the next 5-6 years.

Edit: it looks like the LG UB9500 might be a better buy. Or waiting until the 2015 models drop (specifically the Samsung JS8500 because curved screens are the spawn of satan). Thoughts?

zombienietzsche fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 2, 2015

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

For $2000 I'd get the 55" LG EC9300 OLED tv. It can be had for this price at Microcenter through the end of the month, $2300 from other authorized internet resellers.

The HU8550 has been or will shortly be discontinued for the 2015 models which are already hitting. It's a great set and can be had for less than Amazon's price. Try calling Cleveland Plasma, they're a reseller of Samsung and Chris is a heavy poster and sponsor of AVSforum. He can probably get you a better price.

Also, at least in the case of the LG, at 55" the curve is pretty gentle and the viewing angles are great given the technology.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Are Changhong as shady as their name sounds? Wikipedia says they've been around since the 50s and they seem to get decent reviews on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889623018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How much are you wasting on 3D or did you want that?

70" VIZIO 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV (Refurbished, P702ui-B3) $1600 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/147059

Any recommendations for a good wireless keyboard with trackpad for my Samsung H6350 smart TV? Looking for something simple but don't mind paying for quality.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 3, 2015

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003

sellouts posted:

For $2000 I'd get the 55" LG EC9300 OLED tv. It can be had for this price at Microcenter through the end of the month, $2300 from other authorized internet resellers.

Saw your posts on AVS Forum regarding trying to get it in SoCal, and FYI the Best Buy at the 5/Chapman pricematched East Coast TV's $2300 price for me on the EC9300 last night. I was surprised because it seemed like they were a super shady dealer and definitely not on BB's "major online retailer" list. Maybe the employee wasn't supposed to do that but did anyway.

This TV owns, a huge upgrade from my Samsung 40" EH5000FXZA. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

48" Samsung UN48H6350 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/146757

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Sony Rewards members should check the deals portal. If you're set on a W series TV they have them for a few hundred below Amazon.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

meinstein posted:

Saw your posts on AVS Forum regarding trying to get it in SoCal, and FYI the Best Buy at the 5/Chapman pricematched East Coast TV's $2300 price for me on the EC9300 last night. I was surprised because it seemed like they were a super shady dealer and definitely not on BB's "major online retailer" list. Maybe the employee wasn't supposed to do that but did anyway.

This TV owns, a huge upgrade from my Samsung 40" EH5000FXZA. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nice!

I'm pretty sure the BestBuy system has a minimum price they can price match to without some phone calls. $2300 matches what other authorized dealers will sell it for so maybe it's a brand-wide thing. It would make sense given Microcenter's aggressive pricing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

48" Samsung UN48H6350 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/146757

Snagged this guy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are Changhong as shady as their name sounds? Wikipedia says they've been around since the 50s and they seem to get decent reviews on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889623018

I got their 40" and it's all right; I've been using it for a couple months and no problems so far. It doesn't handle contrast extremes very well, but it is a budget set and after futzing with the settings it does well for most images.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Bought a Samsung 40" Smart TV Series 56 tonight. Got home, plugged it in and went through the setup. It asked me if I wanted to update it right then and there and I said no. It also asked me if I wanted it to download updates while it was off, and I said yes.

Then it turned off and it won't turn back on. The red light by the power button flashes, maybe two seconds on and then two seconds off.

What the heck is going on? Did I just get a dud?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cole posted:

Bought a Samsung 40" Smart TV Series 56 tonight. Got home, plugged it in and went through the setup. It asked me if I wanted to update it right then and there and I said no. It also asked me if I wanted it to download updates while it was off, and I said yes.

Then it turned off and it won't turn back on. The red light by the power button flashes, maybe two seconds on and then two seconds off.

What the heck is going on? Did I just get a dud?

Are you sure it's not just in the middle of a long update process (and it considers it uninterruptable?). Give it an hour or so and check back.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

BonoMan posted:

Are you sure it's not just in the middle of a long update process (and it considers it uninterruptable?). Give it an hour or so and check back.

That was what I was thinking. I didn't know if it needed to remain off for something like that. I asked a friend of mine his experiences but he has an LG and has never had an issue like this. Also most of the places I looked online say it's a capacitor issue most likely, I was just hoping to get confirmation from someone who has maybe had the same experience that it's just an update.

E: Took it back today. Got an exchange for the exact same model, everything is working fine.

I guess this means if you have a blinking standby light, it means something is wrong with your television.

Cole fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 5, 2015

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
This popped up on Walmart for $698 today: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-KDL60R510A-60-1080p-120Hz-Class-LED-HDTV/37332616

Is this just a non "smart" W600? If so that's actually a plus in my mind....

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Insane Totoro posted:

This popped up on Walmart for $698 today: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-KDL60R510A-60-1080p-120Hz-Class-LED-HDTV/37332616

Is this just a non "smart" W600? If so that's actually a plus in my mind....

According to a review here, it is smart: http://www.amazon.com/KDL60R510A-60...customerReviews

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Weird. Most of the model numbers you guys talk about aren't available in Australia.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Eh I'll probably just wait for a price drop on the Vizio then

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

EvilElmo posted:

Weird. Most of the model numbers you guys talk about aren't available in Australia.

No Vizio TV is available in europe. E: Looking it up i guess they sell some models in the UK but not at competetive prices.
So most of this thread is "you should buy this TV no one sells".

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 7, 2015

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Okay I want to get this straight here.

If I buy a 4K tv that is advertised as 120+hz, will I only get that effect on 1080 and below? Is this a limitation of current HDMI standards? I know panels usually aren't actually 120/240hz and its just a processing effect but either way will I be able to take advantage of that once HDMI version whatever comes along?

nostalgia: do not buy the Microsoft keyboard/trackpad all in one. I have it, the trackpad is absolutely useless.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 7, 2015

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
Hi all,

We need a TV for our office (work, not home) that we'll be using to cast our desktops over to for meetings (marketing). View distance ranges from 4' to 12' (depending on which side of the table you're at...). I have a Sony KDL-48W600B on order but I'm a bit concerned we should have gone larger. I went with the Sony as color accuracy and neutrality is important as there will be some design review done on it, however I've also heard good things about the LG IPS panel TVs. Our max budget is $900 but I can stretch it a bit if the case is strong enough.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It seems very strange to be doing design reviews on a >48" television, especially when your budget is $900. That being said you're in the range at 48" but could go 55" if you're worried about the back half of that. I'm not sure I'd want to sit 4' from a 55" tv though.

The Sony KDL55W800B is 929 on Amazon via a 3rd party seller and I bet you could call somewhere else to get a better price. It's a superior TV.

How much are you going to spend on calibrating it or are you just hoping for out of the box color to be good?