Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Who would win in a fight,Milan Fras or God?

Trick question

There is only Laibach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Two album snippet previews from two of my favorite bands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqZg2IVARY

^ 7:44 and 14:50 :vince: :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtX2elWNsFc

^ 3:15 :vince:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 24, 2015

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Omi-Polari posted:

Two album snippet previews from two of my favorite bands:

So excited for that new MIAB, one of my favorites and my birthday is that week so Happy Birthday to me.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

loving love love love X-Marks and m.i.a.b, but just a reminder that Ashbury Heights has an album coming out relatively soon too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBIUV2EBAPY

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

teethgrinder posted:

loving love love love X-Marks and m.i.a.b, but just a reminder that Ashbury Heights has an album coming out relatively soon too.

An excellent reminder. Is there a release date for this?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I just realized the new Blutengel album came out this month too. This is a good year already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqRXahtDX7o

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Armor-Piercing posted:

I just realized the new Blutengel album came out this month too. This is a good year already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqRXahtDX7o

This is nice even if the video is boring mess.

Related via youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy7a2ovQwK4

:psyduck:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That La Bomba video is actually what led me to the Out of Line channel where I noticed the new Blutengel material. Unfortunately, it was not the cover of La Bamba I was expecting.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to the new Blutengel on Spotify. So far it sounds like he's dialed back the over-the-top cybergoth aesthetic from Monument, and gone back to over-the-top regular goth. It's good. "Fire in the Distance" is a really standout track, and sounds more like an older Blutengel dance song with up-to-date production values.

It doesn't innovate, but that's okay. Pop music has never really innovated musically. The innovation is in production and visual aesthetic.

boo_radley posted:

This is nice even if the video is boring mess.
Yeah with the Catholic theme I expect candelabras, dammit! Also notice he's relying on that stomp-stomp-clap drum pattern commonly used in pop/rock. Queen's "We Will Rock You," for example. It's a formula and it works.

Hm. So aside from "Fire in the Distance" I'm not picking up any "hits." Pop albums need hits.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 1, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Appears our very own (and my fellow countryman) W424 is the newest Something Awful Electro-Industrial Thread Person to have their music featured on ID:YD! Congratulations for the positive reviews you guys are getting, I need to pick up your album soon. I wanted to see you at Infektio the other week but couldn't make it, unfortunately. Also paying 10 € for a 30-minute set would've been a bit steep (since I'm not in the least interested in the actual club bit), but it's not like you guys can do much about that. I suppose you'll be playing in Helsinki sometime again, though.

Omi-Polari posted:

Listening to the new Blutengel on Spotify. So far it sounds like he's dialed back the over-the-top cybergoth aesthetic from Monument, and gone back to over-the-top regular goth. It's good. "Fire in the Distance" is a really standout track, and sounds more like an older Blutengel dance song with up-to-date production values.

It doesn't innovate, but that's okay. Pop music has never really innovated musically. The innovation is in production and visual aesthetic.

Yeah with the Catholic theme I expect candelabras, dammit! Also notice he's relying on that stomp-stomp-clap drum pattern commonly used in pop/rock. Queen's "We Will Rock You," for example. It's a formula and it works.

Hm. So aside from "Fire in the Distance" I'm not picking up any "hits." Pop albums need hits.

Right, I need to listen to this thing as well! Part of the difference in focus / sound might've come from Chris producing the thing himself (I think?) this time around. Monument and Tränenherz were produced by Henning Verlage, probably best known for his production and live work for Unheilig.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Appears our very own (and my fellow countryman) W424 is the newest Something Awful Electro-Industrial Thread Person to have their music featured on ID:YD! Congratulations for the positive reviews you guys are getting, I need to pick up your album soon. I wanted to see you at Infektio the other week but couldn't make it, unfortunately. Also paying 10 € for a 30-minute set would've been a bit steep (since I'm not in the least interested in the actual club bit), but it's not like you guys can do much about that. I suppose you'll be playing in Helsinki sometime again, though.

I really like this, it's pretty cool.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

drat, that review is glowing. Way to go!

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks dude! We'll be playing at Tampere and Joensuu in April, hopefully Helsinki again at some point.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

W424 posted:

Thanks dude! We'll be playing at Tampere and Joensuu in April, hopefully Helsinki again at some point.

Hopefully not in the summer, though (because I'll be in Germany)! Hell, maybe I'll book you guys to play here myself at some point. A couple of friends and I have recently started organizing live electronic music events and I'd personally love to do an industrial-themed one sometime. Dunno if the others would be interested in something like that, but hey

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Looks like everyone will be putting out an industrial album this year... including this weird little band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IEhqnG159M

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Hopefully not in the summer, though (because I'll be in Germany)! Hell, maybe I'll book you guys to play here myself at some point. A couple of friends and I have recently started organizing live electronic music events and I'd personally love to do an industrial-themed one sometime. Dunno if the others would be interested in something like that, but hey

That would be hella sweet.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I got all the way to Alien Stretch Fiend before I went wait a minute...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:captainpop:

Too bad Grunt 242 isn't playing.

X Marks The Treadwalk.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 6, 2015

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
A festival of lovely cover bands would own though. Like the infest karaoke for 3 days.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Omi-Polari posted:

:captainpop:

Too bad Grunt 242 isn't playing.

X Marks The Treadwalk.

The Golfsicles.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Bikegod 20

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Front Assembly Line

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Mind.In.A.Bike

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Nike Ebb.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Sportghesia

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jogging Gristle.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Kevorkian competetive cycling

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Birmingham 11

Baucaurt

Sizone fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 7, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Welle:Fußball

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Oh dang!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

W424 posted:

Kevorkian competetive cycling

for some reason this just slays me

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx-Rx

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
KMFDOMS

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm so glad I didn't post my attempts

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

I'm so glad I didn't post my attempts

Please do!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vnv nutrition
Nitzer ab
John Zewizz prezentz Squat Chamber
Front 242 reps
My life with the thrill kale kult
This mortal curl

Trying to think iif a rhabdo/ kidney thieves/ cross fit one, but it's just not coming.

Wumpskettlebell?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

boo_radley posted:

My life with the thrill kale kult

This one or Mindless Self Improvement are my favorites so far.

Project Pole-vault
Angelripped
20/20/Vision
Gravity Assists
Panic Deadlift
Pop Will Eat More Fiber
Rep 9000

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Alive, happy and healthy when I found her
Ministrone
Goodflesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
S.L.I.M.

Throbbing Pit

Leather Fitness Instructor

Monte Cazzazalphalpha