Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Vitamin P posted:

Precision engineered british made amphibious vehicle, to be fair.
It's got air intake valves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I'd like to see Dennis' reaction to the buzzer pay off later on in the form of a flashback where we see what happened in his past to cause that kind of reaction in him.

Easychair Bootson posted:

It's got air intake valves!

As a car nerd, that line cracked me up because of all the times I've heard idiots talk completely out their rear end about cars.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2015

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

Frank was at least once a very successful (if not normal) person, so I always imagine he's got like a 50/50 shot of being able to pass in regular society, depending on where his head's at that day. None of the other characters can really do that, outside of rare moments.

Yeah, Frank is smart and very self aware. He just doesn't give a poo poo what anyone thinks anymore and does the things he does with the gang because he enjoys it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Always Sunny youtube channel posted a little short with Key

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgL08RLtmV8

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!

drunken officeparty posted:

Always Sunny youtube channel posted a little short with Key

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgL08RLtmV8

Charlie's a werewolf, then

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

El Pipila posted:

Charlie's a werewolf, then

Saw a teaser for next week I think, and the bucket had 4 different people's blood plus animal blood in it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wolf blood, amazing :allears:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shadow posted:

I love how deluded Mac is. Like when he wanted to "round house kick" the car window open. As soon as he fails miserably, he immediately "evaluates the street" and determined, naturally, that he hadn't anticipated the slope of the road.

He's like that 12 year old friend who just can't stop making up skills they have. :allears:

I, no joke, had a friend exactly like him: Weird masculine "code of honor", wore a trenchcoat, would lie to cover up ignorance even if the lies betrayed even deeper ignorance, loved martial arts and only watched action films, and was repressed at least bisexual.

The only thing he was missing was the Catholicism angle, but he made up for it with conspiracy theories including, again no joke, lizard people.

Dude was a TRAINWRECK

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
endless entertainment, those types. :dance:

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Senor Tron posted:

Yeah, Frank is smart and very self aware. He just doesn't give a poo poo what anyone thinks anymore and does the things he does with the gang because he enjoys it.

Dennis: Why would you want to bang our mom's sister at the funeral of her husband?

Frank: Well, I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm going to get really weird with it. Meanwhile, block the wind. I'm gonna roast this bone.

Mac: Jesus Christ!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Saw a teaser for next week I think, and the bucket had 4 different people's blood plus animal blood in it.

WHY IS THERE WOLF HAIR in your apartment???

And yeah, at least Frank makes sense. He's not insane, he just really doesn't care anymore. Which I guess is probably a disorder in itself, but it's more relatable than the others.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, that reminds me of the episode where Dee tries to live like Charlie for a day. He explains that he huffs glue, eats catfood and drinks beer to get him to a stage where he can pass out without being bothered by all the cats outside. Dee thinks this is ridiculous, but then as the cats start yowling Frank just bursts through the door and without a word starts scoffing down catfood.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Now and then I think about Charlie's angry space and I crack up

The way they associate Charlie with basements and attics, sewers and vents is just amazing. King of the Rats.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Now and then I think about Charlie's angry space and I crack up

The way they associate Charlie with basements and attics, sewers and vents is just amazing. King of the Rats.

Welll, I mean, at its core, he loves it. He loves the dark, he loves slippery things, he loves being naked... in the sewer. Bleach smells good, uh, tastes good, you know, but it's just, like, he doesn't like being told what to do...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You feel it with your feet.
It's almost like clamming.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone who didn't like this episode just hates fun. That was insanely hilarious. Dennis being all mopey kind of fell flat but it's hopefully building to something. Someone mentioned they didn't like it because Family Guy already did a family feud episode. I watched it (well, the gameshow part) and it wasn't even funny. I didn't hear a single joke the whole time besides the standard "Stewie says offensive things" and "Peter says dumb things." Then it had the lame references that lead to unnecessary cutaways that aren't funny and last too long. I didn't realize how lame Family Guy has become.

This episode of Always Sunny on the other hand was amazing.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Anyone who didn't like this episode just hates fun. That was insanely hilarious. Dennis being all mopey kind of fell flat but it's hopefully building to something. Someone mentioned they didn't like it because Family Guy already did a family feud episode. I watched it (well, the gameshow part) and it wasn't even funny. I didn't hear a single joke the whole time besides the standard "Stewie says offensive things" and "Peter says dumb things." Then it had the lame references that lead to unnecessary cutaways that aren't funny and last too long. I didn't realize how lame Family Guy has become.

This episode of Always Sunny on the other hand was amazing.

I mentioned that Family Guy had done the "I was in the survey" joke before, but I didn't say I didn't like this episode of It's Always Sunny. Because, I did like it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

tarlibone posted:

Because, I did like it.

Not really coming across that way.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think the problem with the episode is it's the episode everyone latched onto when the season was announced, because it already had such potential. Going in blind to it would've been better I think. It was really fun, just not 'one of the best episodes ever!' good like some might have anticipated.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

tarlibone posted:

I mentioned that Family Guy had done the "I was in the survey" joke before, but I didn't say I didn't like this episode of It's Always Sunny. Because, I did like it.

I didn't like that they kinda lifted a joke from Family Guy. I hope it wasn't intentional. In FG it wasn't the entire episode, it was a take away joke where he guesses "the flute Captain Picard learns to play in the episode blah blah" and when the rest of the family looked at him in amazement to how he could possibly know that he says, "I was in the survey."

I felt the same when the Office did the "the test was negative means he's going to die" joke when Seinfeld did it 10 years earlier.

Loved the episode nonetheless.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The simpsons already did it though, before family guy, so you know, gotta split the difference.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The simpsons already did it though, before family guy, so you know, gotta split the difference.

The Simpsons did the "I was in the survey" joke? *edit* South Park did a "Simpsons did it" episode... :thejoke:?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yes.

Well in your defense it wasn't particularly good joke.

conrack
Oct 4, 2006
I just rewatched it and after Frank's Fast Money answers, I totally missed Mac celebrating and elbowing Dee in the face the first time

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

steinrokkan posted:

I hope that instead of blowing the gently caress up they're building up to him actually finding a new source of success and reasserting his delusional dominance.

Looking forward to "Dennis gets his groove back."

Goddamn those episode titles and the introductory setup are amazing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Terrifyingly enough I can picture Dennis somehow ending up in a position of minor authority and really letting it turn imperious

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Holy poo poo, when you guys were mentioning Charlie Work I just assumed it was the Charlie's birthday episode with the rat king. Apparently I missed this one a few weeks ago. One of the best episodes I've seen in a while. Charlie was on FIRE.

That was just fantastic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Shadow posted:

Holy poo poo, when you guys were mentioning Charlie Work I just assumed it was the Charlie's birthday episode with the rat king. Apparently I missed this one a few weeks ago. One of the best episodes I've seen in a while. Charlie was on FIRE.

That was just fantastic.

best part:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

hahaha yes

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

Not really coming across that way.

Oh? Let me look at my post on the subject....

tarlibone posted:

Loved this episode. For one thing, it was funny. For another, I love Family Feud. But there's another reason.

Earlier today, I was talking to my sister-in-law. We both telecommute for the company we both work for, and we were watching Family Feud. One of the questions was, I think, name something that a police officer might expect to find in a suspect's pants. Something like that. Four answers. Gun? yes. Knife? yes. Drugs? I think that was there. Nobody got the fourth one. It ended up being ridiculous, like a small wild animal. Not even very much of an innuendo, just... some critter. Police expect to find animals in the pants of those they arrest. I told my sis-in-law that it looks like there might have been a Peter Griffin in the survey. (An episode of Family Guy had Peter getting the all important last point in Fast Money by giving a ridiculous answer; when Lois asks how he knew that was in there, he states matter-of-factly that he was in the survey.)

Then this episode happened, and on the same night. Pretty cool!

And I loved that Frank gave a series of very good answers, hitting #1 with each one. It would have been cheap to have him go nuts. I didn't see the sudden burst of normalcy coming!

Uhm....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shadow posted:

That was just fantastic.

Yeah that episode was incredible, and I loved reading up on it and realizing that the Birdman parallels were a complete coincidence.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was more referring to this post.

Shadow posted:

Someone else mentioned this as well but the Charlie having been in the survey joke has been done by Family Guy. I didn't love that.

I even figured they'd bring up Family Guy. In their version Peter's odd answer was Picard's flute from an episode of TNG.

A great episode at that. (of Star Trek that is)

The fact that family guy once did a family feud episode and peter was in the survey didn't really bother me because family guy isn't funny. So a funny show doing the joke is fine by me. Not to mention Charlie's explanation is a lot better than "How did you get that?" "I was in the survey, moving on."

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 7, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I find it hard to believe that somebody sane enough to like Sunny would also waste their time on Family Guy, which is crap, pure unadulterated crap.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cojawfee posted:

The fact that family guy once did a family feud episode and peter was in the survey didn't really bother me because family guy isn't funny. So a funny show doing the joke is fine by me. Not to mention Charlie's explanation is a lot better than "How did you get that?" "I was in the survey, moving on."

It's also that Charlies answers were funny, that he thought it was for the government was funny, that it took him a while to twig was funny, that his answers would have won the quiz was funny, there was a lot more ancillary humour than just that one punchline.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

I find it hard to believe that somebody sane enough to like Sunny would also waste their time on Family Guy, which is crap, pure unadulterated crap.

It's amazing how some people like one of the longest running & popular animated shows on TV? Are you retarded?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ariza posted:

It's amazing how some people like one of the longest running & popular animated shows on TV? Are you retarded?

The Young and The Restless is the hallmark of human achievement. Also, yes.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I know it was mentioned before, but everyone should listen to Mac on WTF. It's very interesting and he's got a lot of interesting stories about his past. he did a lot of coke and his Mom is a lesbian

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Shadow posted:

That was just fantastic.

Glad I helped lead you to it, it's probably my favorite episode of the season. It's nice to see a show put some real effort into directing/shooting. There are far too many shows that just toss out the same lazy camera angles week after week in the same three or four sets. You can go too far the other way with unnecessarily directorial flourishes of course (Oceans 11 comes to mind in that regard), and I'm not asking for long shots/takes all the time, but just something to show that you aren't just cashing a paycheck, you know?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ariza posted:

I know it was mentioned before, but everyone should listen to Mac on WTF. It's very interesting and he's got a lot of interesting stories about his past. he did a lot of coke and his Mom is a lesbian

Is she, or did Dennis just convince him that was the case because why else wouldn't she find Dennis sexually attractive? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

NowonSA posted:

Looking forward to "Dennis gets his groove back."

Or perhaps better still, "How Dennis Got His Groove Initially".

If one is allowed to blatantly steal a joke title from NSTF:SD:SUV:: of course.