Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

SKM. LK [...]

Aka

Scum. Let's kill [...]

In this case Gough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
SMALL KEATING (Lid) you've made a loving huge mess in votefinder, now go and make a huge mess by blowing your brains out with a shotgun. It's hard to work out voting patterns now, you've done more harm than good.

##vote Lid

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hey lid unvote and revote Gough if I translated correctly.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Keep in mind, this game has been designed by Milky "I'm going to pick scum based on publically revealed D1 flavor" Moor.

Anidav posted:

I GUESS but bike riding is about balance: If SK is town then he probably has a power role to balance the lack of communication.

stop trying to complicate things with stupid theories on day loving one, your honour.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You are playing like a real BOZO Anidav (CARTOON), it's so forceful and obvious

SKM LK = Scum Like NAME

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's pretty simplistic. If SK has a power role for town, it better be worth keeping him alive.

Better yet, what power roles has SK(The real one) had in past games?

off the top of my head: Serial Killer, Survivor, Vanilla Scum?

Helmets.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It's pretty simplistic. If SK has a power role for town, it better be worth keeping him alive.

it's day one you don't know this.

quote:

how does this even matter? what does this even achieve? the prosecution is dumb, me thinks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##unvote
##vote Gough

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote Anidav
##unvote

##vote Gough

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ok. If we don't lynch you, do you promise to stop communicating like this on future days and simply vote once for the person you think is scum? That seems to be the main complaint from these nose breathers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

SKM. LK [...]

Aka

Scum. Let's kill [...]

In this case Gough

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote Gough

:eyepop:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Unvote vote Gough if you agree that's wise.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote Gough

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There we go. I successfully speak Small Keating's language.

:siren: Lid has promised to stop voting and unvoting in an attempt to communicate which makes anyone voting for him poo poo and lazy. :siren:

Pursue better cases. Better yet, comment on my case on Gough.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Helmets.

You are poo poo at roleplaying and mafia. If you were any other player, I'd suspect you of being scum and deliberately trying to muddy the waters, but we all know it's just you being your usual brain-dead self. Kill You're Self.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

it's day one you don't know this.

how does this even matter? what does this even achieve? the prosecution is dumb, me thinks

Cartoon's just trying to dig up too much poo poo.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Gough Suppressant posted:

I honestly can't be bothered working out what Lid/SK is on about

It's confusing and really dumb loving play for town

##vote Lid

Once again:

1. Gough's anger/annoyance/vitriol here is clearly fake. We've all seen his real anger/annoyance/vitriol in the D&D thread countless times. This sounds completely different.

2. It's an easy, lazy vote.

3. :siren: GOUGH LITERALLY NOMINATES LID'S ALIGNMENT AS TOWN. THIS MEANS GOUGH KNOWS LID'S ALIGNMENT. DO THE MATHS. :siren:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Once again:

1. Gough's anger/annoyance/vitriol here is clearly fake. We've all seen his real anger/annoyance/vitriol in the D&D thread countless times. This sounds completely different.

3. :siren: GOUGH LITERALLY NOMINATES LID'S ALIGNMENT AS TOWN. THIS MEANS GOUGH KNOWS LID'S ALIGNMENT. DO THE MATHS. :siren:

I'm not 100% sold yet, since your communication breakthrough could've been easily arranged in scumdoc. But I appreciate this case.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Mills posted:

Once again:

When is the last time a 'scumslip' actually worked in any mafia ever, the 3rd point is the weakest.

i still like asphyxiate for scum better.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you go back, it was someone else who suggested that Lid communicate that way. So you'd be advocating there are three of us in a scum doc acting like scrubs in thread.

Those On My Left posted:

You know, Small Keating, a really creative way for you to play would be to spell out a message using the initials of the players you're voting for.

I'd also like to point out that it's irrelevant to my case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm taking it into consideration.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

busb posted:

When is the last time a 'scumslip' actually worked in any mafia ever, the 3rd point is the weakest.

They're all good reasons in my opinion, but you're welcome to ignore the third. This is Gough's first ever game though if I'm not mistaken so it would be more likely to happen from him.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

busb posted:

yeah scum don't gently caress up like this very often mills, your argument is poo poo and you're pushing it way too hard. You're not the loving mafia wizard you think you are, kill yourself.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm going to go watch the League now but if you are entering this thread, and you are town, take a good long hard look at yourself and actually think about a case that has been presented to you rather than just voting Lid because of an annoying mechanic that he is not responsible for and he has promised to mitigate.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

SKM. LK [...]

Aka

Scum. Let's kill [...]

In this case Gough

Mills posted:

Hey lid unvote and revote Gough if I translated correctly.

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote Gough

Mills posted:

Ok. If we don't lynch you, do you promise to stop communicating like this on future days and simply vote once for the person you think is scum? That seems to be the main complaint from these nose breathers.

Mills posted:

Unvote vote Gough if you agree that's wise.

Mills posted:

There we go. I successfully speak Small Keating's language.

:siren: Lid has promised to stop voting and unvoting in an attempt to communicate which makes anyone voting for him poo poo and lazy. :siren:

Pursue better cases. Better yet, comment on my case on Gough.

This strikes me as a little too premeditated / planned.

It "clears" lid of any sort of suspicion, and by proxy clears Mills of any sort of suspicion because he's managed to succesfully communicate with him and leading the vote.

##unvote

I don't think mills' (TITHIN)s case against Gough (TIRADE) is bad, but that also seems a little too much, a little too convenient, which makes me think we're being fed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Splode posted:

You are poo poo at roleplaying and mafia. If you were any other player, I'd suspect you of being scum and deliberately trying to muddy the waters, but we all know it's just you being your usual brain-dead self. Kill You're Self.

You take games too seriously and should probably ride a bike.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

I don't think mills' (TITHIN)s case against Gough (TIRADE) is bad, but that also seems a little too much, a little too convenient, which makes me think we're being fed.

This is what I'm also trying to ascertain. I'm not sure how well an argument like this can really apply here either:

Mills posted:

But at the very least, Lid(SK) has proven to be a more active poster than Gough(TIRADE), and that his posts aren't necessarily devoid of content.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

Once again:

I'd grant point 2, but 1) he's playing a role as someone else and 3) I think he's saying "even if you're town" because obviously if he's not town, it's even worse.

I dunno. I'm still not convinced that if Lid(SK) is scum that we'd ever have a way to know. It'll always be "yes but he also voted for everyone at one point". And as for those who said "that restriction would never be on scum" the whole joke here is that SK sailed through games as scum like that.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Mills you're trying way too hard to make a lynch out of nothing with your "if he knows town he must be scum" thing. If you were genuine the complaint would be "if he knows lid is town why would he be voting for him"

The answer to both of those things is obvious enough that xylo has figured if out without input from me, and that is I was suggesting that lid is either unhelpful town or scum and either way as good a lynch target as anything.

Intentionally misrepresenting arguments is dumb as gently caress and seeing as you are a self proclaimed mafia guru(and also apparently not bothering to role play anything else) it reflects poorly on you.

Given lid now has protocols for communicating I'm less strong on day 1 lynching. I'm heading to king o' malleys now but I should be able to check in if a hammer is needed.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SMALL KEATING (lid) has promised to be less annoying in future, and CARTOON (Anidav) is being stupid again (unsurprising) and should take my all-purpose advice*

I'm yet to see anything that strikes me as particularly scummy otherwise so ##vote Anidav

*kill yourself

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
##unvote
##vote Lid

Some good arguments For and agianst various players have emerged From lookong over the thread today. Here's my thought on why a vote For SK won't be a swansong For Town.

It's much mkore likely that he's either vanilla town or any Falvour oF scum than a Town power role.
His two SKM LK messages have reeked oF OMGIS
It'll be all too wasy For Fellow scumlords to hide their voting patterns amongs the scattered birbseed oF KEATING's vottes.

And because I saisd I would yesterday and nothing has happened that has changes my mind.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
##vote anidav for being a bad poster

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

XyloJW posted:

I dunno. I'm still not convinced that if Lid(SK) is scum that we'd ever have a way to know. It'll always be "yes but he also voted for everyone at one point". And as for those who said "that restriction would never be on scum" the whole joke here is that SK sailed through games as scum like that.

Okay but compare what we've been able to tell from Lid's posts so far. We know at least 2-3 people he has scumreads on. There are many people in this thread that have nothing but jokeposts so far. I'm much more comfortable in leaving Lid alive than anyone that is skating by on zero content throughout the entire day.

I've changed my mind since early on - Lid's shown he can generate content and scumhunt so imo lynching him is lazy and bad.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
im town

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

busb posted:

Lid's shown he can generate content and scumhunt so imo lynching him is lazy and bad.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

##vote anidav for being a bad poster

Woah woah woah woah woah let's slow down a sec or we're all dead

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't trust any of you, but we've got about 3 hours to make something happen.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##unvote

ok then. I'll review your case against gough.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Woah woah woah woah woah let's slow down a sec or we're all dead

Slowing down is not in my vocabulary- GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!

##vote Gough Suppressant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I'm really uncomfortable about Mills stitching up Gough (TIRADE) like this. It seems far too like "What's that skippy? Gough is a town-hating scum?" Not sure how Lid(SK)'s vote, however mangled, is supposed to count any stronger than anyone else on d1.

##unvote
##vote Mills

• Locked thread