Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
##vote fruity gordo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
mills if you weren't voting gough who would you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Here's a good rule. Linking players to unflipped players is stupid. Commenting on my alignment based on Gough's future flip is stupid. Save it for when he flips. Don't waste your breath now creating a useless tangent that may never eventuate.

This is more or less what I was trying to day. Defence rests.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

busb posted:

mills if you weren't voting gough who would you?

He was voting for me before that.

Gavel donk.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Probably beet. I still feel like he's scum. The problem is that he's one of the few that has grasped the basic concepts of mafia (while others are still learning) so I'm already feeling loathe about going back to voting him. It wears you down having to explain the same basic mafia tenets to players game after game.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

##vote fruity gordo

I have my reasons for my vote Fruity ANIDAV but this is really really really weird.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It's funny that skepticism on a case, and disagreement of it, is only acceptable if you're willing to do a case on someone - I understand the reasons you're stating to do this, however I disagree that in order to point out my dissatisfaction with a case requires me to nominate someone else.

busb posted:

This, but Tithin needs to actually vote and put his money where his mouth is. It's actually worse to fart around opinions and not put down a vote.

I suck at doing cases, and the last time I put any effort into it, I got lynched (by two of the people itt!) - even when I was exactly right in my case.

To be honest, I don't have a strong read on anyone, and early game is where I'm at my weakest. Once I've got a day or two behind me, I'm usually pretty good at spotting inconsistencies and scumminess.

I'll probably put in a vote for Lid before the end of the day, but I need to go spend some time with my Vanya kid before bed, so I'll see you lovely vulvas at 8.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
2 hours with 12kms for a bike trail. Do we have the momentum or are people from other timezones still to and from work, dinner or bike riding?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
OHHHH wait are you roleplaying a bad mafia player?

we cool.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

As a general rule AusPol has no concept of Occam's Razor. TOML asks Lid to communicate a certain way, he does, I translate it, and suddenly Bif and Tithin's first thought is that Lid and I planned this in a scum doc (while TOML is forgotten). Like, yeah, that has non-zero possibility, but it's really, really unlikely. We waste a lot of time discussing stupid unlikely possibilities.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

On the rest about my case on Gough, there's no point having a dialogue in my opinion because it's subjective. Perhaps I should have vocalised this but the thread is already a mess with so many people on different tangents, with roleplaying on top. I read it one way; you read it another. I can't argue your right to read it that way, so I didn't see a need to explicitly respond to you. I saw (and see) it as more productive to make sure everyone entering the thread vents their opinion (one way or the other).

Serious question: do you actually believe he's scum and accidentally revealed that he knew Lid's true alignment? Because that's how you sold it to everyone, with Breitbart style sirens and everything.

busb posted:

If this game was filled with 21 other players playing normally and casing and voting you'd be right. But I'd say about half the people voting right now haven't posted a legit reason, and those half are more likely to be coasting scum than the dude (Lid) putting in effort to communicate who he thinks are scum.

This is a fair enough argument for me to unvote Lid, but I am still sort of unsatisfied that no one is giving me a good scenario where we positively identify Lid. It just seems like a glaring methodological error. At least with the people not voting/not commenting, we can (and should!) demand reasons from them. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

##unvote

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Mills posted:

As a general rule AusPol has no concept of Occam's Razor. TOML asks Lid to communicate a certain way, he does, I translate it, and suddenly Bif and Tithin's first thought is that Lid and I planned this in a scum doc (while TOML is forgotten). Like, yeah, that has non-zero possibility, but it's really, really unlikely. We waste a lot of time discussing stupid unlikely possibilities.

Lid, TOML and you are all acting really suspicious, so we should lynch Bif.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Xylo, yeah I do.

Xylo who do you think is scum though? You're very focused on the mechanics of Lid's role, but I haven't seen you actually comment on the scumminess of anyone.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Got back home. The landlady moose bit off my hand in the fight to get back into the house. I'm sort of torn, because while I do use that hand to create internet things, I am now slightly more aerodynamic for my high speed ski tournament.

Also I came home to this:

I don't have a vote yet because its still been pretty up in the air on getting a lynch for D1. Gough and lid are the easy votes. But its been 20 pages of just bollocks so far with the usual effort posters waving thier mafia dicks around on non existent data. Honestly after browsing through the piles of wank i want to vote mills because he wont shut the gently caress up, and if scum can control the narrative then they have mostly won. But as i said, Gough is the easy vote at the moment.

##vote Gough Suppressant

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
would vote tithin.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

busb posted:

would vote tithin.

Elab please :)

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
This poster is posting differently compared to normal in a game where the explicit purpose is to post like other posters :shrug:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Asphyxious posted:

I am 100% sure now that Anidav gets a special ability if lynched.

This is 100% untrue! under no circumstances should any of you vote for me! ESPECIALLY NOT ON DAY ONE

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

Xylo, yeah I do.

Xylo who do you think is scum though? You're very focused on the mechanics of Lid's role, but I haven't seen you actually comment on the scumminess of anyone.

This is my first game, so maybe I'm missing nuance, but Gaspy (MILKY)'s been really grasping for straws trying to nail Bifauxnen (GASPY). It could be just roleplaying as Milky being pedantic, but jesus that's a lot of effort for not much gain. and honestly, I didn't think anything about you until you started in on Gough (TIRADE) for basically rephrasing my argument.

Gough Suppressant posted:

I honestly can't be bothered working out what Lid/SK is on about

It's confusing and really dumb loving play for town

Mills posted:

3. :siren: GOUGH LITERALLY NOMINATES LID'S ALIGNMENT AS TOWN. THIS MEANS GOUGH KNOWS LID'S ALIGNMENT. DO THE MATHS. :siren:
Especially since it was right after I'd said this:

XyloJW posted:

I assumed this to be the case which is why I'm voting for him. At best, he's town and won't be able to participate in any scumhunting or investigation. At worst, he's scum but because he never has to defend himself he can sail by day after day with everyone ignoring him.

If we have to randomly d1 lynch someone (and we do), he seems the best bet, in terms of risk/reward. He's either the least valuable town member or he's the most dangerous mafia member.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

XyloJW posted:

This is a fair enough argument for me to unvote Lid, but I am still sort of unsatisfied that no one is giving me a good scenario where we positively identify Lid. It just seems like a glaring methodological error. At least with the people not voting/not commenting, we can (and should!) demand reasons from them. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

##unvote

You're spot on xylo, it's going to be a problem that we'll need to address at some point. With anyone else there's going to be a vote history and reasoning to go and check back through after a few days but Lid's not going to give us anything that could either condemn or exonerate him.

If there's a choice between Gough and Lid with half an hour to go I'd vote Lid, but I'm still more suss on Mills right now. I'm also somewhat suss on the low-postcount players and would prefer that they spoke up a bit.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

XyloJW posted:

It could be just roleplaying as Milky being pedantic, but jesus that's a lot of effort for not much gain.

I'm a master of my craft.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah, Xylo, I noticed you did the same thing and I was ruminating on it when I saw Gough's post. I prefer the way you said it. You got in on the vote earlier and your logic indicates you simply don't know any better. Gough got in on the vote later (when he would be able to see others were riding the same train) and, like I said, I didn't like the way that he approached the vote. Your vote was easy but not lazy. His vote was both easy and lazy.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Plotterboy posted:

I don't have a vote yet because its still been pretty up in the air on getting a lynch for D1. Gough and lid are the easy votes. But its been 20 pages of just bollocks so far with the usual effort posters waving thier mafia dicks around on non existent data. Honestly after browsing through the piles of wank i want to vote mills because he wont shut the gently caress up, and if scum can control the narrative then they have mostly won. But as i said, Gough is the easy vote at the moment.

##vote Gough Suppressant

I don't want to pick on you after a great bear post but "I totally want to vote for someone else but I'm gonna jump on this lazy lynch train instead" is a bad reason to vote. If you're more suss on someone else - whether Mills or someone else who's annoying you, even me - try to start something on them. Voting for Gough (who's more than likely getting helped along by scum right now) when you don't believe in the case is a bad, bad play.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Tirade posted:

Voting for Gough (who's more than likely getting helped along by scum right now) [...]

:jerkbag:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Busb, maybe you're right. Maybe they're all just idiots. That post pre-supposes Gough is town as well. :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Mills posted:

Elab please :)

I asked him to vote and he made excuses why he wouldn't case someone. :shrug:

making excuses for a path of least resistance - is probably 3p if not scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I agree with the reasons for taking down the Lid "case", but I'm not 100% sure yet if the actual case on Gough is that strong as an alternative. I don't like to cast a vote I don't believe in, but somehow Gough(TIRADE) now seems to be the only vote left with momentum.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with the reasons for taking down the Lid "case", but I'm not 100% sure yet if the actual case on Gough is that strong as an alternative. I don't like to cast a vote I don't believe in, but somehow Gough(TIRADE) now seems to be the only vote left with momentum.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
beggin' yer pardons for'n i warnt here today, the boy upp'n caught heself anudder possum so we done made ourselves a feast a' possum puddin hoecake 'n' taters. tarnation! *does the oil dance*

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hey busb, tithin is a bit like that though in general, although I also see where you're coming from.

What about "hands off" Bifauxnen. She's disappointed that no one else is pushing a case, but not making a case herself. Just appearing every so often to say "oh we still haven't done anything".

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Her town game is usually much more opinionated too. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind in tithin's game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

The problem with Auspol Mafia is they don't know when to shut up. If they took the time to actually learn this game we wouldn't have the same stupid flailing every day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Hey busb, tithin is a bit like that though in general, although I also see where you're coming from.

What about "hands off" Bifauxnen. She's disappointed that no one else is pushing a case, but not making a case herself. Just appearing every so often to say "oh we still haven't done anything".

Interesting two-pronged attack you might have going with Beet(TOML) here, I remember him complaining not too long ago about how I was going on about my case too much.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Jesus Christ vote for me pls you idiots

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it ain't easy telling what's what what with all y'all yankees makin' a grand hootenanny about each other's chinchy hoochie-cooches, dagnabbit! i'ma probate y'all 'til the oil runs dry, just see if i don't. howdy

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting two-pronged attack you might have going with Beet(TOML) here, I remember him complaining not too long ago about how I was going on about my case too much.

I forgot you have a case because you haven't been pushing it. I withdraw my thought; please re-push your case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Her town game is usually much more opinionated too. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind in tithin's game.

This appears to be English and grammatically correct, but somehow seems to be missing something obvious.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
In an uncannily accurate mills voice

Hambeet doesn't usually talk like a lawyer that's pretty sus ##vote hambeet

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i don't like rushing to conclusions based on day one noise

or at all really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Fruity Gordo posted:

This is 100% untrue! under no circumstances should any of you vote for me! ESPECIALLY NOT ON DAY ONE

I laughed a lot at this by the way.

Avshalom posted:

beggin' yer pardons for'n i warnt here today, the boy upp'n caught heself anudder possum so we done made ourselves a feast a' possum puddin hoecake 'n' taters. tarnation! *does the oil dance*

And even more at this.

• Locked thread