Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://mangacow.co/The-Breaker-New-Waves/187/3/ :black101: :black101: :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

:black101: indeed.

I didn't expect him to man up before the old man bit it though. Excellent :black101:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's mental and I want him to just use the skill that makes your more mental for power to smash everyone until the next arc starts

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I loving love The Breaker. Week after week it finds something to make me excited about. Its such a shame that it basically stands no chance of ever being animated.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FiftySeven posted:

I loving love The Breaker. Week after week it finds something to make me excited about. Its such a shame that it basically stands no chance of ever being animated.

This and God of High School!!! But yeah, the author made Shioon a character you just know has some crazy potential. How many times has he been underestimated in the last 10 chapters??

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Voted Worst Mom posted:

This and God of High School!!! But yeah, the author made Shioon a character you just know has some crazy potential. How many times has he been underestimated in the last 10 chapters??

Constantly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

God of High School has gone nuts but it's totally rad

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh yeah there was a new breaker that features classic ragdoll shioon.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://mangacow.co/The-Breaker-New-Waves/190/?all

:smithicide: :smithicide: :smithicide: :smithicide:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
God loving drat it. Shioon, you dumbass. :argh:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Korean commentors on Daum have been threatening to riot if Kwon dies for a few weeks now.

I love reading them so much.

On a side note, if you want to read another webtoon with a badass old man, you could also read Hive.

It's one of those "poo poo happens and monsters spread all over the place" but with giant insects (mainly bees) instead of zombies / titans / giant fish that eventually develop legs to become fishmen while tides rise and in the end the fishmen triumph over humanity / more zombies.

They turn out to be far more intelligent than you'd think, and capable of pulling crazy poo poo like the picture below.

That's a bug right before it suicide bombs (rockets?) a tank.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On a side note, if you want to read another webtoon with a badass old man, you could also read Hive.

After marathoning this, it feels like the author's writing himself into a corner with the queen war and the unsurprising yet uncharacteristically blunt call out of the coworker as a "pupa", but it's still very good and it'll be amusing to see how (off the rails) things will go.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Goddammit the karate grandpas are like the best part of The Breaker, I wish they'd stop loving around with that.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Let's be honest here, the Ghost doctor is there and we know of one character already that's been put on a bus. Elder Kwon is probably going to be comatose waiting for miracle Shioon blood drug to revive him, while simultaneously providing plot reasons for Shion to stop being such a wimp be a walking manifestion of Black Heaven and Earth destruction.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Hive really makes my skin crawl. Giant insects are really creepy.

edit: Haha holy poo poo, the part with the wasp carrying the armor piercing round. Didn't expect that.

I like how the characters in this series are almost all pretty competent. I just got to the part where the main character's wife encounters his shady boss, and it was nice to discover that she was also aware of his shadiness and purposely playing along.

Just caught up. I'm curious to see what happens with the woman they're traveling with (I can't remember anyone's name in this comic). It's obvious she's being controlled or influenced in some way by the bugs, but it isn't clear yet how. I'm really liking the story/characters; it's like a zombie/post-apocalyptic story where people/governments behave relatively realistically.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 7, 2015

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Reiche posted:

You should also read it on the official website!

http://m.webtoons.com/viewer?titleNo=87&episodeNo=349

Oh wow thanks for bringing this up. It has a lot of the interesting webtoons that I've been following and having it on iPad is so much more convenient.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nazi's as the villains in Breaker might be a thing still based on the new chapter

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm so conflicted about Naver. They send out copyright notices to take down scanlations which is fine and dandy but many series lack translations, and their translations for The Gamer are rear end. On the other hand they seem to be pretty OK at translating Tower of God. And they pay the creators for their work which is always good in my book. But now I can't catch up on many series and some have completed and are no longer available period (Nowhere boy) so I will never know how it ends.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 24, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

khy posted:

But now I can't catch up on many series and some have completed and are no longer available period (Nowhere boy) so I will never know how it ends.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nowhere-Boy

:confused:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

BLARGH. I went to the Batoto site from the OP and it said it was taken down, all the comments were full of people saying they couldn't finish it, and kissmanga is blocked on my work network.

Oh well at least I have you, Noblesse. You'll never leave me. Even if you do take 50 chapters to teach Rai how to open a door.

Reiche, you should consider updating the OP. Many links are out of date.

khy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 24, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Batoto is the only reader site that gives anything of a poo poo as to whats licensed and if they've been asked to remove it

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker New Waves 191
The Breaker New Waves 192

:stare:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

:getin: It's a shame that it took the death of one of the coolest characters to get Shioon back to being awesome, but I'm down for him beating up NAD.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Just in time for the release of xenoverse

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

korrandark posted:

:getin: It's a shame that it took the death of one of the coolest characters to get Shioon back to being awesome, but I'm down for him beating up NAD.

http://mangacow.co/The-Breaker-New-Waves/193/ Worth it

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Shioon is finally through taking everybody's poo poo, and now it's payback time :black101:. Until his body breaks down in a few chapters, at least.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

khy posted:

Reiche, you should consider updating the OP. Many links are out of date.

Seeing as I just had knee surgery a few days ago, I have all the time in the world to do this!

Should I just update the OP or is it time for a new thread? Also, how about some help with what series I should include. I read a bunch, but I know there's a so much more out there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it may be time for a new thread. This one began in 2012.

Going off only what I know are translated, my suggestions are Breaker (which now belongs in the Webtoon section I guess?), Hive, and Ruler of the Land (written by the guy who does Breaker).

... Wow, my knowledge of manhwa is really lacking. I read more niche manga than I do niche manhwa.

I'm a poo poo Korean. Traitor to my country.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Going off only what I know are translated, my suggestions are Breaker (which now belongs in the Webtoon section I guess?), Hive, and Ruler of the Land (written by the guy who does Breaker).

... Wow, my knowledge of manhwa is really lacking. I read more niche manga than I do niche manhwa.

Wow, never occurred to me that Breaker and Ruler of the Land were by the same guy. He writes drat good Wuxia fights though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The guy who does the art for Breaker also drew the manhwa that served as a prequel of the game Archlord, which has been officially translated into English.

But yeah, Jeon Geuk-jin has been in the industry for a long-rear end time.

As has Park Seong-u, who's actually drawing the manga adaptation for Space Dandy, for some bizarre reason. Cheonrangyeoljeon was pretty much the reason I got into manhwa in the first place.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If you don't include god of high school that'd be a tragedy imo

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Voted Worst Mom posted:

If you don't include god of high school that'd be a tragedy imo
I wouldn't think of it! Batshit insanity of this caliber deserves attention.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Reiche posted:

I wouldn't think of it! Batshit insanity of this caliber deserves attention.

The Gamer should be on there.

What happened to Peak? Started out well but translation stopped

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

In addition to The Gamer and God of High School, you should also check out Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School, Tower of God, and Magician.
Trace is also pretty good, as well as Noblesse which is dorky and fun.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Hive needs to be in there. More proof of old man supremacy.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

New thread or edited OP, either is fine by me.

But if we have an alternate link than Kissmanga I think we should post both links as this stuff keeps me awake during the boring parts of work but Kissmanga specifically is blocked at my work.

THIS IS MY SAD FACE ABOUT IT.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 9, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Should also link to Naver Webtoon since we have an English version of that now, even if some of their comics are behind the fan scanlations. Started reading Cube, I will say it has very well-timed moments when it decides to play music which is pretty cool. Not sure if I'll switch to fan scanlations when I catch up since I do like those particular moments.

I remember the scanlation of Orange Marmalade left a YouTube link for a music chapter, though it wasn't ideal.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Rounding out the shoujo/romance webtoons category with a few title suggestions:

Salty Studio by omyo, the same author of Stories of Those Around Me
Pinocchio which recently finished
Nineteen Twenty-One, a short but cute series with cats :3:
Dear, Only You Don't Know

Easy Going Scans has a pretty good catalogue, although Naver's English website isn't bad.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I'd like to add Black Haze and Full Metal Wing. I've enjoyed Black Haze for a while and Full Metal Wing looks promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to include any official release sites that I know. I don't read much of the romance or shoujo webtoons so they're what I need the most help with. I actively follow most of the suggestions so far.

In the meantime, here's a new one I find really intriguing, http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/m%c3%a4rchen-the-embodiment-of-tales-r13425

"The ability to become stronger just be reading...
The strange tale(s) of Marchen and his ability". I highly recommend it so far!

Reiche fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 10, 2015