Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't really buy that interpretation tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It adds up, asiina has only ever voted for me, its as plausible she is lyncher for the reason me and Byers think she is scum. It mentions me because I'm the target

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't really buy that interpretation tbh

you think
"oh it told me scum n1 and then doc me n2" is more likely?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Taste I wonder what your result says about capps. Is there an alignment component to it?

capps are you a Dunker for Asiina?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mr.capps posted:

you think
"oh it told me scum n1 and then doc me n2" is more likely?

i think it's intentionally not giving me concrete info, a weak oracle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EXAKT Science posted:

capps are you a Dunker for Asiina?

Which one of us has only voted for the other since d1?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Taste I wonder what your result says about capps. Is there an alignment component to it?

It's certainly my impression, it's why I'm voting him

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
ugh capps why all the bullshitting?

Taste I think I understand. capps who is your target?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

oh my god

capps I have somewhere to go from here, please work with me. I want to kill scum.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

That earth which be whipped strong by winds
shall yet beget but little life
deliver penance for his sins
this man, this Utter source of strife

Look at the first two lines. They want revenge on me for what I did to their lands. That is the sin.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

poetry analysis time

that seems to be referencing golgatha in a greater sense

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The lyncher is to deliver penance to me for what I did to their lands. That is what it says.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in fact i know that's so because i made the poems up lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you monster

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in seriousness you came off well but byers looks weird

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

he is being weird

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
drat, i was thinking you were probably faking it but when the second poem came i got excited because i thought i figured it out :smith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah i'm not sold as you as town tbc but you're not the best vote rn

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##unvote

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait... are you lying about faking it?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:twisted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh god

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
EXAKT you came in there while taste was doing his thing suddenly and acted a bit weird

Where are you now? What do you think about these devolpments

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh my God I hate you both

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

EXAKT you came in there while taste was doing his thing suddenly and acted a bit weird

Where are you now? What do you think about these devolpments

I'm here. Why do you think Taste is lying?

ANarc hello! What do you have to add?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh my God I hate you both

This doesn't say much! Talk more! :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Where did everyone go?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EXAKT Science posted:

it could just go either way really

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

it could just go either way really

I feel the same way. What sort of motivation do you see for each?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
taste just tends to fake things to get reactions
or
its real and he wants some deflection

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I went back and reread Byers and there's some weird stuff that jumps out at me.

Byers2142 posted:

Rarity, If I had my druthers, I'd vote Ghost, PMom, or capps at this point I think. That last is purely a bile vote, so make it PMom or Ghost unless you have a better idea. And if so, spell it out for me a bit?

He's very into killing PMom after the claim, based on setup spec. It sounds more to me that he was afraid of the vig. As deadline approaches, he starts pushing PMom even ahrder:

Byers2142 posted:

I mentioned this; I can see a bus here.

Then, after PMom flips town, Byers is very careful to distance himself from PMom's death:

Byers2142 posted:

Here's a strange night kill for scum to do. Even at the end of the day, PMom was tied for the vote lead and only really fell of being the solo vote leader because of Amni's casing of him. Which suggests that scum were more scared of either his power or his cases, perhaps both?

He had a day vig and scum had already lost one person to Hurt's day vig. We know that PMom ended the day looking at Ghost and Exakt. If you compare the town's opinions at the end of the day and the kill that happened, I think that scum might have been afraid PMom might use his vig (even if janitored) to shoot another scum.

Ghost's name was coming up with regularity, PMom saw Ghost as scummy and had a gun. I still don't like Ghost's vote on Max with no alignment suspicion behind it.

##vote Ghost

I really don't like the tone. It feels far too artificial. I would honestly be surprised if PMom weren't the nightkill, given he had claimed a dayvig.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Asiina the real question is, is there a point in the game you will not see yourself voting capps

or is it like

"its me or him" type attitude you have towards this

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

He's very into killing PMom after the claim, based on setup spec. It sounds more to me that he was afraid of the vig. As deadline approaches, he starts pushing PMom even ahrder:

Then, after PMom flips town, Byers is very careful to distance himself from PMom's death:

I really don't like the tone. It feels far too artificial. I would honestly be surprised if PMom weren't the nightkill, given he had claimed a dayvig.

I don't like you because you prodded me to make me feel like I should think you're scummier than I think you are (maybe that's not what you intended but it felt like you wanted me to not like you which is kinda scummy so grats) - but also I can agree on the artificial thing with Byers like he keeps pointing out poo poo that I post and looks at it completely one way and refuses to take any of my answers as something that could make sense so if not artificial it's a bit stubborn and I don't like when players are like that.

ALSO taste you are loving crazy. We're usually playing in each others games so I forgot how your playstyle is. I don't know how to feel towards you but leaning town

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

mr.capps posted:

No Byers, voting tabs are for masonries, and you broke that sacred trust.

You have all these rules and ways, but no sense of honor.

The votes tab that solved the game has found itself in the quagmire of betrayal and it will never find its way out. Lost without a lantern.

Also you are stupid, I presented the tab and said I was going to bed. Yeah, real mental gymnastics there.

You told me to buzz off because I disagreed with your last theory, said you were doing more to solve this game than any other player, posted the votes tab, said you "didn't need to point out the obvious" that was in no way obvious, and peaced out. Yeah, at that point I was done.

mr.capps posted:

Like how could I be surprised about you not being able to understand it when you literally said nothing about it?

This is just sad Byers, the distancing you are doing. I mean its silly enough to catch scum doing it to each other, but fellow masons? That is just pathetic.

Your responses previously when I couldn't understand what you were talking about were to call me a dummy, say I was being dense, and tell me to buzz off. Forgive me for not staying in that bastion of open and equal discussion to try and decipher yet another capps theory.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

byers, capps' flavor name

Oh, Utter's his flavor name. Now I get it.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I literally don't believe the first thing

It's true.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

dealingwithcapps.txt

Tremendous Taste posted:

in fact i know that's so because i made the poems up lol

I hate you all. This is literally F4 all over again.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

How so? Because I countered your claim by saying capps is mod-confirmed town?

EXAKT Science posted:

Because he said he was lying, then implied he was lying about lying. Meaning he's lying about something, and now the question is would Taste as scum make such a ridiculous fakeclaim and then drop it for no discernible reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I thought that a janitored vig didn't make a lot of sense for town to have. I also think that the dayvig alone isn't a reason to kill PMom, but that if he had expressed a scum call on true scum that would be enough to tip their hand. That's you and GG. I've been in agreement with a fair number of your expressed opinions, I think that GG's shift from D1 to D2 in how he voted and cased was scummy.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't like you because you prodded me to make me feel like I should think you're scummier than I think you are (maybe that's not what you intended but it felt like you wanted me to not like you which is kinda scummy so grats) - but also I can agree on the artificial thing with Byers like he keeps pointing out poo poo that I post and looks at it completely one way and refuses to take any of my answers as something that could make sense so if not artificial it's a bit stubborn and I don't like when players are like that.

ALSO taste you are loving crazy. We're usually playing in each others games so I forgot how your playstyle is. I don't know how to feel towards you but leaning town

Your posts have often had two different and somewhat contradictory opinions expressed. How is that only looking at it from one way?

• Locked thread