Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mike-o posted:

holy poo poo that's some low-level bombing.

MrYenko posted:

Hey Japan? gently caress your shipping. gently caress it so hard.

Dudes gave zero fucks. Kill 'em all.

George Kenney was a badass. "Hey guys, let's fly really low and skip our bombs off the ocean into the ships. The Aussies are doing it, it'll work great!"

So was Pappy Gunn: "Hey guys, the B-25 is a pretty cool plane with that whole skipbombing thing you've got going on....but it'd be even sweeter it we put like 18 .50s in the nose. Also a 75mm cannon. :getin:"

Seriously though, Pappy Gunn is awesome. Guy is the definition of "old crusty SOB that just when he thought he was out gets pulled back in to serve his country (and kill Japs)." Dude enlisted in the Navy before WWI, learned to fly while he was a mechanic, and become an enlisted pilot. Got out in the '30s after doing his 20, proceeded to go to the Philippines flying for a freight operation. After Pearl Harbor starts flying evacuation missions in the PI on a volunteer basis until he got a direct commission into the USAAF, when he starts flying unarmed evacuation missions to Bataan. Makes his way to Australia, where he starts loading up .50s into the noses of A-20s (plane in Mr. Yenko's post) for the purposes of strafing at low-level. George Kenney hears about this and says "make that man a Major, also put him in charge of 'packing as many .50s as possible into the noses of A-20s and B-25s, also my chief of being a general bad-rear end.'" Served for the duration on Kenney's staff, then died in a plane crash in the PI after returning to operating a freight operation after the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

iyaayas01 posted:

George Kenney was a badass. "Hey guys, let's fly really low and skip our bombs off the ocean into the ships. The Aussies are doing it, it'll work great!"

So was Pappy Gunn: "Hey guys, the B-25 is a pretty cool plane with that whole skipbombing thing you've got going on....but it'd be even sweeter it we put like 18 .50s in the nose. Also a 75mm cannon. :getin:"

Seriously though, Pappy Gunn is awesome. Guy is the definition of "old crusty SOB that just when he thought he was out gets pulled back in to serve his country (and kill Japs)." Dude enlisted in the Navy before WWI, learned to fly while he was a mechanic, and become an enlisted pilot. Got out in the '30s after doing his 20, proceeded to go to the Philippines flying for a freight operation. After Pearl Harbor starts flying evacuation missions in the PI on a volunteer basis until he got a direct commission into the USAAF, when he starts flying unarmed evacuation missions to Bataan. Makes his way to Australia, where he starts loading up .50s into the noses of A-20s (plane in Mr. Yenko's post) for the purposes of strafing at low-level. George Kenney hears about this and says "make that man a Major, also put him in charge of 'packing as many .50s as possible into the noses of A-20s and B-25s, also my chief of being a general bad-rear end.'" Served for the duration on Kenney's staff, then died in a plane crash in the PI after returning to operating a freight operation after the war.

quote:

Silver Star
Distinguished Flying Cross (2)
Legion of Merit
Air Medal
Purple Heart (9)

Nine. Nine motherfucking purple hearts.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
how the gently caress was he able to make takeoff weight with those gigantic loving nuts?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHIbZw_0gUI

edit bonus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZCT6013Skg

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42JQYPioVo4

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
i can't not post this

e: this probably should have gone in the idiots Cole thread :z

bij
Feb 24, 2007

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

how the gently caress was he able to make takeoff weight with those gigantic loving nuts?

He probably just yelled at the engines to go faster.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MrYenko posted:

Hey Japan? gently caress your shipping. gently caress it so hard.

Dudes gave zero fucks. Kill 'em all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

T

This is incredible. Lmao.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

lmbo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blind Rasputin posted:

T

This is incredible. Lmao.

The ISIS anthem sounds like it was written and performed by a boy band

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Booblord Zagats posted:

seven fingered afgani dancing boys

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Booblord Zagats posted:

2haram 4infidels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS3C0s3wuN4

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
ric flair owns I support this

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helldump Immunity. posted:

ric flair owns I support this

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

America posted:

Put more .50 cals in it

lol

gently caress your tables

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth

I love fifties so god drat much.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

SirDrinksAlot posted:

:flashfap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaenFzGDCc8&t=310s

e: nvm, gunnery is still gay

Here's some proper .50 action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fHE1yNk0js&t=39s

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

SirDrinksAlot posted:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/03/soldier-dies-massive-erection-after-firing-50-cal/

You wrote this didn't you?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Baloogan posted:

lol

gently caress your tables

Oh gently caress that noise. Head space and timing can suck my dick.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If you can remember how many clicks for each of your barrels, it only takes five seconds to put a gun up in the turret, do a quick check, and be ready to go. :confused:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

If you can remember how many clicks for each of your barrels, it only takes five seconds to put a gun up in the turret, do a quick check, and be ready to go. :confused:

yea well you get to clean the bitch

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The giant red RSO EJECTED annunciator makes me laugh really hard for some reason.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

not caring here posted:

Oh gently caress that noise. Head space and timing can suck my dick.

You treat Mr. Browning there with a little respect and he just might.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

China and Pakistan: True Life Partners

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

One of our boats was a testbed for this (protector RWS) for a while, here's the inside console.
Nothing like mechanical toggles with lables like GUN ARM and BATTLE OVERRIDE on them. :fap:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

It should be noted, this is in addition to up to 8 more guns in/under the wings. That is a hell of a lot of .50.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Dorsal/belly turrets could also be locked forward couldn't they?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It should be noted, this is in addition to up to 8 more guns in/under the wings. That is a hell of a lot of .50.

That man is the Patron Saint/Spirit Animal of Besiege

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Caconym posted:

One of our boats was a testbed for this (protector RWS) for a while, here's the inside console.
Nothing like mechanical toggles with lables like GUN ARM and BATTLE OVERRIDE on them. :fap:
It's all fun and games until you find out that the Storm that it relies on for rangefinding is a huge piece of poo poo. :mad: Why are they still putting the RWS on Strykers instead of CROWS???

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Why did they have a loving removable rangefinder for that thing in the first place? poo poo pissed me off so much, just another god damned sensitive item to account for, not to mention mounting and removing the loving thing every mission.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

beep beep that target is beyond 1800m, it's too far for me to lase for you!! beep beep that little hill right in front of us is 3000m away beep beep disconnected

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

evil_bunnY posted:

Dorsal/belly turrets could also be locked forward couldn't they?

The planes that still had turrets, yeah

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

lol

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
As the saying goes, if the van(armored truck thing) is riding low than it's about to blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrlTedVXNIc#t

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

8lbsofanalsex posted:

As the saying goes, if the van(armored truck thing) is riding low than it's about to blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrlTedVXNIc#t

"Ok teams you have 10 hours to build a VBIED using only what you can find on the junkyard"

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
At least it shows the aid is being utilized, mad max can't beat MILANs apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gI1XrnPCw

• Locked thread