Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Over all I feel pretty content to kill MC ED and I am now happy there are enough things to read into about this whole ordeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheRam posted:

Uh, what? Scum turbo hammer D1?
"Turbo" might be the wrong word. One more person casually drops a vote without realizing how close MC is to being lynched, then a scum comes in and 'accidentally' hammers. As hilarious as turbolynches are (and they are, indeed, hilarious), we've passed that point.

I'd at least like to hear more about MC ED's first impressions about other people.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

"Turbo" might be the wrong word. One more person casually drops a vote without realizing how close MC is to being lynched, then a scum comes in and 'accidentally' hammers. As hilarious as turbolynches are (and they are, indeed, hilarious), we've passed that point.

I'd at least like to hear more about MC ED's first impressions about other people.

Wrong. Dunk him

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is why I should refresh before posting when it takes me ten minutes to reread the thread.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Poison Mushroom posted:

According to Votefinder, this is only MC's third game, so I don't really feel good about lynching him, or that he's been pushed to -2 with over a day left until deadline.

I feel like it might just be Lumpen being Lumpen, but pushing MC to -2 (and thus, in range of a scum turbohammer) really irks me. ##vote Lumpen

I find it interesting that PMush doesn't want to turbo MCED for being new (is he even new?), but threw down a vote on ANarc. That said, I feel like I always think PMush is scum.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

D1 is so ridiculous. We all joke post and then people try to pick apart the bullshitting to try and find scumminess. It's so silly. The only way to get info is to lynch someone so we can see the flip and start putting the pieces together.

Unfortunately we have to make that decision with basically no information. It might look like I'm bandwagoning here, but, like I said, lynch is the only way for us to get info. ##vote MC ED

AN is stating a bunch of Mafia truths here - I also hate D1 because it's really hard to make an informed decision. None of the reasoning going into her vote really needs to be said, so it feels like she's trying to put out content despite not having a lot to say right now. That said, it feels like more of a newbie thing than necessarily a scum thing.

TheRam posted:

Over all I feel pretty content to kill MC ED and I am now happy there are enough things to read into about this whole ordeal.

I'm in no rush and see no reason not to let MC ED weigh in more before ending the day.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Turbolynches don't usually take 24 hours to come to fruition, and if the scum play is that transparent then surely we'd want to present the scum such an opportunity to incriminate theirselves?

I do agree he should list his thoughts and feelings on the other players before dying.

CP what's your boner for Ernie about?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

I find it interesting that PMush doesn't want to turbo MCED for being new (is he even new?), but threw down a vote on ANarc. That said, I feel like I always think PMush is scum.
Hahaha. Guess the feeling is mutual.

:respek: ?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hahaha. Guess the feeling is mutual.

:respek: ?

:j::respek::j:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

D1 is so ridiculous. We all joke post and then people try to pick apart the bullshitting to try and find scumminess. It's so silly. The only way to get info is to lynch someone so we can see the flip and start putting the pieces together.

Unfortunately we have to make that decision with basically no information. It might look like I'm bandwagoning here, but, like I said, lynch is the only way for us to get info. ##vote MC ED

Well sure, I'd lunch Narco for this post.

Lumpen posted:

Somber and MCED and anyone else trying to get traction on TheRam for "lying" likely flip Scum. Nobody is sincerely that dumb, but it's understandably tempting for a Scum to feign easily to find a place to drop a vote.

I clearly don't know Town Lumpen as well as I thought after your play in The Room but I'm having difficulty believing that this is the best you can do day one.

TheRam posted:

Haha I like you.

I won't use my imaginary vig on you, friend.

Also I'm not high I literally cannot mafia at all whilst I'm high. I think anyone who knows me knows what's up here.

I'm a bit loosey goose because I'm currently writing my dissertation and it's stressful as balls so I ain't comin' online to get mad at something.

Thanks but I'm a little weirded out that you just dropped this. What was the point of our previous discussion from your perspective?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero I'm not going to dignify dumb questions like that with a response. If you want to talk about it, you tell me what you think my perspective was.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheRam posted:

CP what's your boner for Ernie about?

He's lying about his role in a scummy way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

Somberbrero I'm not going to dignify dumb questions like that with a response. If you want to talk about it, you tell me what you think my perspective was.

Why not?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

He's lying about his role in a scummy way.
Why are you so sure it's a lie? A Lie Detector role isn't too out there, especially for an Opop game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why are you so sure it's a lie? A Lie Detector role isn't too out there, especially for an Opop game.

because reasons.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

because reasons.
Hm.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

HMMMMM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

because reasons.

I kind of doubt you caught him in a role based scum slip, though? I seem to have openly lied a lot, what's the difference?
If this is a soft claim thing just keep doing your thing it doesn't make sense to say anything else and your death would only seek to incriminate Ernie. If you're just doing a weirdly powerful D1 gut read then maybe uh, don't risk making us double-kill a townie off some vague flavour/role based hunch?

You asked a dumb question with really an obvious answer. I am confirmed town to myself, and I know I have nothing to gain by answering it so why would I entertain a possible scum on such a tedious line of inquiry!

If you have some point, I said I would be willing to go into it, but what does anyone gain from me justifying that which is so clearly just!

Lumpen you need to do more, I want to figure out if you are townkin because that's really the thing I'm most interested in right now.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

For clarity last part re: pigman, when I say "don't risk making us double-kill a townie off some vague flavour/role based hunch?" I mean a scenario where you trick us into thinking a gut read is a claim based read, and then when you die we naturally turn on Ernie, who you did not actually have any read on other than gut and/or hateboner.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I just still don't understand what makes a good scum read on D1 and this is my third game and my whopping 4th game-day so I guess I should know by now but everyone has their own ideas, if I accuse TheRam for posting confusing poo poo well past the joke phase, I'm scummy for couching my vote, but apparently voting for people that you think are either scummy OR dumb townies is apparently ok because obviously (according to some of you) an inexperienced player having trouble on the most confusing day of the game is a sure sign they're going to be a liability for the rest of the game. Its also dumb as hell

I'm not going to give any reads on anyone because I don't think I can justify any of them enough to slow the existing momentum on me and if I try too hard to defend myself I'm just going to give whoever the scum out there are something to hide behind. If you guys want to kill me D1 for information great, I hope there's something useful enough here for you to use, but I honestly don't see the point in participating anymore. I'm really tempted to just vote for myself to end this day quicker so that you guys can see my flip but I'm 100% sure someone, probably town, would claim that's scummy as hell also.

FYI I'm a busdriver so there are probably a lot worse town roles to lynch on D1 so I hope my flip gives you guys all the information you need

and no I don't give a gently caress if this is a dumb or bad town tactic because a) I'm pretty sure I"m already dead and b) its just a game guys!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Honestly I just still don't understand what makes a good scum read on D1 and this is my third game and my whopping 4th game-day so I guess I should know by now but everyone has their own ideas, if I accuse TheRam for posting confusing poo poo well past the joke phase, I'm scummy for couching my vote, but apparently voting for people that you think are either scummy OR dumb townies is apparently ok because obviously (according to some of you) an inexperienced player having trouble on the most confusing day of the game is a sure sign they're going to be a liability for the rest of the game. Its also dumb as hell

I'm not going to give any reads on anyone because I don't think I can justify any of them enough to slow the existing momentum on me and if I try too hard to defend myself I'm just going to give whoever the scum out there are something to hide behind. If you guys want to kill me D1 for information great, I hope there's something useful enough here for you to use, but I honestly don't see the point in participating anymore. I'm really tempted to just vote for myself to end this day quicker so that you guys can see my flip but I'm 100% sure someone, probably town, would claim that's scummy as hell also.

FYI I'm a busdriver so there are probably a lot worse town roles to lynch on D1 so I hope my flip gives you guys all the information you need

and no I don't give a gently caress if this is a dumb or bad town tactic because a) I'm pretty sure I"m already dead and b) its just a game guys!

lol
##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Role based information is what I have.

Please lynch ernie.

Thats all I'm giving you for now.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Please lynch ernie.

from night 0?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

You asked a dumb question with really an obvious answer. I am confirmed town to myself, and I know I have nothing to gain by answering it so why would I entertain a possible scum on such a tedious line of inquiry!

You've spent way more effort avoiding answering the question than it would actually take to just answer the question. Please do so, thank you!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

from night 0?

What difference does it make?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Hey MC ED, take a chill pill bud. The reason I wanted you to give reads was in case you're scum, not if you're town. Town wouldn't know poo poo at this stage so we shouldn't really care that much about town guesses, but a newbie scum may be pretty bad at covering his or her tracks!

Anyways, your role is funny and you seem sad and I don't want to kill you now.

I guess I believe you saying I've done confusing poo poo beyond jokephase but these things aren't like clearly delineated and D1 is a crapshoot full stop where the best you can do is make content, that's obvious to people who've played much and part of the reason why:

##vote Somberbrero

Part of why I want to kill Somberbrero is all this disingenuous talk about my play, I think he knows better. I just do what I can do to make the game start and have fun, his questions about that just feel weird, and I don't like them. I feel more like he's trying to advance the goal of a potential lynch on me for doing things that require me to be put more readily on the firing line in a kind of lazy sloppy way that vaguely resembles towniness.

I don't really see a town motivation for that stuff, it's possible I am just that confusing to him but I dunno, I'm sure we've crossed paths before.

I have a bit of an unfair preference to kill someone that I don't really know, though, I think I'd feel bad about murdilating Somberbrero but at the same time I think he deserves it most atm.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha oh nevermind, CP I'm trusting you.

##vote Ernie

Also was going to unvote Somber because I just remembered apparently he is on like a 12 game loss streak or whatever.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

What difference does it make?

:shrug:

##vote ernie

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It really isn't a hard question, Ram.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

You've spent way more effort avoiding answering the question than it would actually take to just answer the question. Please do so, thank you!

I think the answer to your question is transparent, and I'd rather push you to try harder.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Please lynch ernie.

If anything, I don't really see anything better to go with D1. ##vote Ernie

TheRam/Somber reads as town/town slapfight to me, for what it's worth. Both are just adding to the discussion which is a good thing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why is everyone excited to lunch Ernie for lying but giving TheRam multiple free passes?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Why is everyone excited to lunch Ernie for lying but giving TheRam multiple free passes?

I don't think I've ever seen a D1 lunch actually hit scum simply based on analyzing posts. You of all people should know this!

CapitalistPig posted:

Please lynch ernie.

I'm voting Ernie because CPig is hinting that there's a good reason to, and I don't think we're going to get a better lead without information based off of flips and such.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've seen it multiple times. Anyone who ignores content day one is just preparing to fail day two.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If Ernie flops town we can just dunk cpig tomorrow

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Ernie is lying as town then why would Cpig necessarily be scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

If Ernie flops town we can just dunk cpig tomorrow

All I know is that he is lying about his role.

Which is enough for me persoanlly.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

a ha ha ha ha ha

what?

pray tell my friend!

------------------------------------------

CP isn't an auto-lynch if Ernie doesn't flip though there'll certainly be some 'splaining to do. That's a bad thing to say Rurea.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

uhmmm cpig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheRam posted:

uhmmm cpig.

what

• Locked thread