Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Stare-Out posted:

Was it good, really? I saw a bit of it a while ago while wondering what Whitehouse was up to these days and it looked a bit weak. Whitehouse is genuinely one of my favorite actors of all time thanks solely to The Fast Show and it's just seemed to me that he hasn't had much luck lately getting the right project and the Eddie Murphy-esque makeup/fatsuit stuff didn't seem to be quite that.

I really enjoyed it. His addiction to prosthetics is a bit tiresome but the writing's good enough that the joke isn't solely that there's a fat guy on the screen. It really is a successor to the Langham thing, another comedy about mental health, and it maintains that light touch needed to jokes about that without it being distasteful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Also, free the TopGear One!

#JeSuisClarkson

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I really enjoyed it. His addiction to prosthetics is a bit tiresome but the writing's good enough that the joke isn't solely that there's a fat guy on the screen. It really is a successor to the Langham thing, another comedy about mental health, and it maintains that light touch needed to jokes about that without it being distasteful.

He just needed a way to reuse the prosthetics and voices from the insurance ads - value for money.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Also, free the TopGear One!
Top Gear with just James May would work.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

They should replace Hammond and Clarkson with slightly younger people and keep James May imo, and they should debut the new cast with a special.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Jeremy Clarkson is the reason top gear works and is hugely popular

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Does Nigel Farage know anything about cars?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I don't agree, I think its the format, and whilst he is behind the format there's nothing stopping the bbc from bringing in new people and retaining/aping the format, though it will be very difficult to find three people with equivalently entertaining chemistry

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
The top gear specials are massively scripted and wouldnt work without Clarkson

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah they're massively scripted. Someone else could script them.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Strawman posted:

Does Nigel Farage know anything about cars?
I believe he's more of a light-plane man.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pablo Bluth posted:

I believe he's more of a light-plane man.

"It was the immigrants that did this"

Reposting forever, because it will never not raise a smile from me.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
good things to watch on iPlayer at the moment are these two things, both This World programmes about guns and Americans.

Surviving Sandy Hook. Incredibly sad film of three families involved, including a young boy who survived. It's hard to watch.

Secrets of the Mexican Drug War. Insane tale of how Mexican drug cartels got all their guns.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Latest episode of Uncle was loving brilliant, Keith Allen guest stars and there is no song this week for those of you that hate that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Jeremy Clarkson is the reason top gear works and is hugely popular

In my experience, Clarkson is the reason cunts like Top Gear.

I mean, I have a lot of friends/relatives in the pro-Clarkson camp. They're lovely but they're cunts.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

"It was the immigrants that did this"

Reposting forever, because it will never not raise a smile from me.

So that's how the Joker got those scars.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

In my experience, Clarkson is the reason cunts like Top Gear.

I mean, I have a lot of friends/relatives in the pro-Clarkson camp. They're lovely but they're cunts.

i am indifferent to both top gear and clarkson, but i love how angry he makes people (usually idiots).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Seaside Loafer posted:

Latest episode of Uncle was loving brilliant, Keith Allen guest stars and there is no song this week for those of you that hate that.

It even has a callback all the way back to the pilot episode. :allears:

It references Andy trying to kill himself by dropping a radio into the bath.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 13, 2015

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Oh gently caress yeah so it does! (your spoil tags didnt take btw, not that it matters much)

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus, Lenny Henry looks good on Comic Relief. If it wasn't for some flecks of grey in his beard he could pass for being in his late twenties.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Comrade Fakename posted:

Jesus, Lenny Henry looks good on Comic Relief. If it wasn't for some flecks of grey in his beard he could pass for being in his late twenties.

This is true, it's a shame he's loving insufferable. As if Africa didn't have it bad enough without us sending him over there every year.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Have I missed the Little Britain sketch with Stephen Hawking?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Don't think so, and they'll repeat it anyway.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Have I missed the Little Britain sketch with Stephen Hawking?

The best thing about Comic Relief so far has been Matt Berry as the announcer.

However, following on from my comments several months back, I'm starting to like Claudia Winkleman.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

PriorMarcus posted:

However, following on from my comments several months back, I'm starting to like Claudia Winkleman.

Im pretty sure I already bagsied her and Davina. You can have Fearne Cotton tho?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

I dont watch telly much apart from on demand but I stayed with my old dears over the weekend who always have the telly on loud non-stop and there is an advert for I think reed the recruitment people and im sure matt berry is doing the voice for it while some other geezer plays the part.

Lets see if I can find it. OK here it is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf5WmcIRAM0 what think? Is it him?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

She is strangely excitable and earnest and adorable, isn't she? Like an toddler who's been fed blue Smarties (the good old-fashioned hyperactive kind with the banned food-colouring in them)

Best paired with a presenter who hasn't met her before and is visibly overwhelmed by her perpetual enthusiasm. It's good fun when they start trembling every time she squeals joyfully in their ear.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Seaside Loafer posted:

I dont watch telly much apart from on demand but I stayed with my old dears over the weekend who always have the telly on loud non-stop and there is an advert for I think reed the recruitment people and im sure matt berry is doing the voice for it while some other geezer plays the part.

Lets see if I can find it. OK here it is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf5WmcIRAM0 what think? Is it him?

I think its someone who sounds like him but not him

Also am I losing it or do they say the website wrong at the end?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Oh yeah, they say reed.co.co.uk . Adverts eh

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

The Big Taff Man posted:

Also am I losing it or do they say the website wrong at the end?

They say .co twice to match the rhythm of the advert's music.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

cloudchamber posted:

They say .co twice to match the rhythm of the advert's music.

Easily replaced by go to reed.co.uk

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah, it's someone who sounds like him. In fact, he was probably told to do an impression of him.

EDIT: Okay, this bit with Matt Berry on stage is amazing.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 14, 2015

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im pretty sure I already bagsied her and Davina. You can have Fearne Cotton tho?

You can't bagsy them both taff that's just not fair

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well there was some old stuff in the last Weekly Wipe but it was mostly good stuff and the new bits were pretty great.

Moments of Wonder was good as usual.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Sexy Beasts is like, not good, but I must watch them all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NaDy posted:

You can't bagsy them both taff that's just not fair

The rules of bagsy have no concept of fair

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, it's someone who sounds like him. In fact, he was probably told to do an impression of him.

EDIT: Okay, this bit with Matt Berry on stage is amazing.

Dude in the ad is the same guy who did Nelson the Fox in Mongrels, if I'm not mistaken. That's his real Announcer Voice -- sounds like Berry, but then Rufus Jones does when he plays that sort of character.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Hey British TV crew, would anyone happen to know if there's a place where I can pick up Region 1 Peep Show DVDs? Trying to hunt them down on Amazon is a bit of a crapshoot.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ITV has sunk to a whole new low. Good Lord. They even managed to employee a hypnotist who looks like a date rapist, however I guess it would've been hard to find one who didn't.

Still, it does prove that I can hypnotized into wanting to end it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Ain't you just the wittiest.