Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, so can't ever target yourself again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To be clear, you are saying you are confident that MCS isn't killing people? Why?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not seeing anything that changes my opinions from yesterday. I think MCS' claim is BS. I think MCS is scum.

##vote MCS

I'm also still willing to consider MC and I think the posts about Opop as SK are reasonable. Opop doesn't seem scummy to me, but the SK thing could make sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not seeing any real reasoning for the votes on AN right now. Someone explain?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

King Burgundy posted:

To be clear, you are saying you are confident that MCS isn't killing people? Why?

Maybe I know something

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

King Burgundy posted:

And to be clear, I'm saying I'm confident that MCS didn't kill anyone last night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

And to be clear, I'm saying I'm confident that MCS didn't kill anyone last night.

Hmmm. Ok.

That would absolutely clear him as the SK then. I still think he is scum though.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently MCS has some case against her that he's still apparently formulating but Rureas vote on her seems really odd and might be tied into his cryptic role or as i've been saying since the start, might just be full of poo poo and playing a scummy deflection game

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
goddamnit that was in response to KBs post here

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not seeing any real reasoning for the votes on AN right now. Someone explain?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Opopanax posted:

Oh, so can't ever target yourself again?

Nope, once I've successfully targeted someone I can never target that person again.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Okay Opop is probably SK but who is mafia?

Chic, cpig, and ernie are contributing almost nothing today. SCUUUUUMMMM.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Nope, once I've successfully targeted someone I can never target that person again.

Ok well that's not so OP then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also why am I SK and not Rurea or whoever else was blocked N1?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MCS got caught doing the night kill and made up a fake claim to divert attention from that. I'm really weirded out that I'm the only one paying attention to that.

MC is a roleblocker who diverts kills to his target. I'm not going to rule out a town roleblocker in a rolemadness game, but meh, I'm still suspicious and I thought his posting seemed weird and inconsistent.

Both of the above are essentially claiming the same role, except MC's is more powerful. MC gets to roleblock AND divert the kill. MCS claims to just be able to divert the kill.

I don't think there is any way that they could be scum together since they wouldn't claim so similarly, but one of them is scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

thats dumb yo

##vote anon

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

Also why am I SK and not Rurea or whoever else was blocked N1?

Rurea later claimed he may have been mistaken about being blocked. We haven't seen anyone else claim to be blocked. If there really is a second roleblocker, they didn't use their powers last night?

Also, would the SK really whine about being RB'd on N1 like that? You didn't offer yourself up as being RB'd until it was to confirm MC's claim that they targeted you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

thats dumb yo

##vote anon

Cpig gets it

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Can you guys tell me why you're voting me?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Can you guys tell me why you're voting me?

I think you are scum. And all of your reactions thus far have not done you any favors in my mind

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Believe what you want but I am town. I still want town to win so if you guys are gonna lynch me, give me some warning so I can share info before I die. I'd rather not give it up now in case I live until tonight.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I never voted yesterday because I never understood what the case against Cardinal was supposed to be. I'm not going to shut up and watch today, I want to understand what the case against AnonymousNarc is, because it seems like it's based on thin air and no one is really articulating it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MCS, what is the name of your ability?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Sorry for not posting the case last night; I had poo poo to take care of. Fortunately, work is going to be slow and easy, so I can finally get around to posting that case.

Ernie. posted:

MCS, what is the name of your ability?

If you've got a rolecop claim, drop it. Otherwise, I've said all that I'm going to say on my ability.

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm. Ok.

That would absolutely clear him as the SK then. I still think he is scum though.

Going to elaborate, or are we going to continue to hide behind the infallibility of night actions?

How about I offer a different theory?

I'm bulletproof in such a way that scum could kill me, but they'd have to drop both a roleblock and a kill to do so. Otherwise, the only way to get around that is a lynch. The possibility exists that perhaps I was targeted with both kills on Night 1, and since Ninth can't end up extra dead, we only had the one death.

And here you are, being intentionally obtuse and trying to shift things back onto me when there is one piece of evidence that doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Watchers and trackers are great when you can narrow down the available night actions. Unfortunately, we can't exactly do that: Both of them are dead and we got exactly one result on one person in a night action heavy game.

So, while we're entertaining ridiculous possibilities, we can't exactly discount the one that says that you're trying to get rid of me via lynch because you can't do it via nightkill.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Sorry for not posting the case last night; I had poo poo to take care of. Fortunately, work is going to be slow and easy, so I can finally get around to posting that case.

If you've got a rolecop claim, drop it. Otherwise, I've said all that I'm going to say on my ability.

Going to elaborate, or are we going to continue to hide behind the infallibility of night actions?

How about I offer a different theory?

I'm bulletproof in such a way that scum could kill me, but they'd have to drop both a roleblock and a kill to do so. Otherwise, the only way to get around that is a lynch. The possibility exists that perhaps I was targeted with both kills on Night 1, and since Ninth can't end up extra dead, we only had the one death.

And here you are, being intentionally obtuse and trying to shift things back onto me when there is one piece of evidence that doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Watchers and trackers are great when you can narrow down the available night actions. Unfortunately, we can't exactly do that: Both of them are dead and we got exactly one result on one person in a night action heavy game.

So, while we're entertaining ridiculous possibilities, we can't exactly discount the one that says that you're trying to get rid of me via lynch because you can't do it via nightkill.

MCS while you're here can you tell me why you're voting me?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MCS while you're here can you tell me why you're voting me?

Read the first line of the post.

I'm reasonably sure I could claim something outlandish in the middle of a paragraph and nobody would ever see it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Haha sorry you're right I did skim

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Anyway at this point I'm pretty certain we have an SK and that its either Opopanax or MCS.

Hey, why do you suspect us of being SKs and not mafia?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Hey, why do you suspect us of being SKs and not mafia?

Because two kills on one night clearly mean "SK", duh.

Also, you know what, I can't justify a case against AnonymousNarcotic any more.

I was going to go for the whole white noise poster that latches onto other people and whose focus on night actions doesn't help at all for scum hunting, but then I came to a realization:

What separates him from MC Eating Disorder, Rurea, or King Burgundy?

##unvote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I get that, but let's say you did, in fact, kill TNL. Coming at it from that mentality, why would someone say you're an SK, instead of saying you're Mafia?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We didn't consider a SK until night 2 bc N1 there was only 1 kill. It's true that maybe mafia was blocked n1 and the SK got the sole kill. I think it's pretty apparent though that someone who got blocked N1 made a kill last night, and that would be either Rurea or Opop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Opopanax (2): AnonymousNarcotics, MiltonSlavemasta
AnonymousNarcotics (2): Rurea, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): King Burgundy
Ernie. (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (5): Chic Trombone, Ernie., MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 13th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

We didn't consider a SK until night 2 bc N1 there was only 1 kill. It's true that maybe mafia was blocked n1 and the SK got the sole kill. I think it's pretty apparent though that someone who got blocked N1 made a kill last night, and that would be either Rurea or Opop

Wasn't me. I don't see how I could kill someone AND know what Ernie was up to last night

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Opopanax posted:

I get that, but let's say you did, in fact, kill TNL. Coming at it from that mentality, why would someone say you're an SK, instead of saying you're Mafia?

You're asking me to make a judgment on the same mentality that fails to understand "confirmed town mason" or "don't discuss roleblock targets in the thread where scum can see".

I haven't a clue, honestly. First person to drop the SK line was Ernie, coming from the perspective of "if no town vig claims, Betrayer is an SK" (loosely quoting).

You raise a good point.

##vote Ernie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok good because my gut still says Ernie, too. ##vote ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and i asked betrayer what his ability name was and he refused point blank

two people targeted ninth the night he did, one with a copy ability, one with a kill ability

##vote mcs

copy doesn't sound like reverse bodyguard to me

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

and i asked betrayer what his ability name was and he refused point blank

two people targeted ninth the night he did, one with a copy ability, one with a kill ability

##vote mcs

copy doesn't sound like reverse bodyguard to me

Good enough for me.

##vote mcs

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Let's say MCS killed TNL. Who then killed asiina and magnus? Bc it wasn't MCS

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

One of the other scumbos?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i don't care, because mcs is being scummy

he didn't think i was scum when he avoided my question, asking me to claim before he did. yet he's already full-claimed his ability - why?

and again, he's already named his ability in-thread and it wasn't 'copy'\

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I have very good reason to believe Ernie is telling the truth btw

• Locked thread