Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ernie/rurea scum team

##vote Ernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ernie/rurea scum team

##vote Ernie

ugh

hnghgh

help

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You still haven't addressed the logical leap to "SK" instead of "scum" on a night where there's only one night-kill.

Also, if you had suspicions before, why didn't you lead with that instead of "Hmm hmm, town vigilante better claim, don't ask Betrayer to elaborate or explain".

Get hosed, scumbo.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

ugh

hnghgh

help

:negative:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, seriously, you're asking Rurea for help.

This is second only in hopelessness to asking Stoic Commie for help, because that guy was the lurkiest lurker that ever lurked a lurk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am not at all sure who to believe

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

This is second only in hopelessness to asking Stoic Commie for help, because that guy was the lurkiest lurker that ever lurked a lurk.

Thanks?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You still haven't addressed the logical leap to "SK" instead of "scum" on a night where there's only one night-kill.

Also, if you had suspicions before, why didn't you lead with that instead of "Hmm hmm, town vigilante better claim, don't ask Betrayer to elaborate or explain".

Get hosed, scumbo.

lol

lol

Opopanax posted:

I am not at all sure who to believe

lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Not responding to further scrutiny of the 'case', springing the 'case' later on once pressure is on him without further evidence, targeting the claimed bulletproof (and if we're assuming an SK like everyone seems to want to, there was a failed kill on Night 1), this isn't a Hail Mary.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Not responding to further scrutiny of the 'case', springing the 'case' later on once pressure is on him without further evidence, targeting the claimed bulletproof (and if we're assuming an SK like everyone seems to want to, there was a failed kill on Night 1), this isn't a Hail Mary.

lol

so what's your explanation then, friend? did the seccond kill appear from a player not in the game?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Ernie. (3): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax, AnonymousNarcotics
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (3): King Burgundy, Ernie., Rurea
Opopanax (1): AnonymousNarcotics, MiltonSlavemasta, AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Rurea, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Rurea

Not Voting (2): Chic Trombone, MC Eating Disorder

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 13th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

so what's your explanation then, friend? did the seccond kill appear from a player not in the game?

The second kill came from someone in the game, sure.

However, with nothing to go on but an unexpected nightkill, you jumped to the conclusion that I must be an SK rather than scum when a vigilante didn't claim. Nowhere in the "Well, Betrayer's an SK..." off-hand accusation that you made did you indicate 'scum'.

The only reason you would jump to that conclusion is if you knew scum didn't perform the kill on Night 1. Anyone else would have said "scum".

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The second kill came from someone in the game, sure.

However, with nothing to go on but an unexpected nightkill, you jumped to the conclusion that I must be an SK rather than scum when a vigilante didn't claim. Nowhere in the "Well, Betrayer's an SK..." off-hand accusation that you made did you indicate 'scum'.

The only reason you would jump to that conclusion is if you knew scum didn't perform the kill on Night 1. Anyone else would have said "scum".

yes because my action said 'copy' and 'kill' were the two things that happened to ninth

and i withheld that information for long enough to see how you're acting, and let me tell you, it ain't pretty

i specifically said the sk line to see how you'd react, it's nbd though, the fact that you're not saying 'yes my ability name is copy' seals your fate

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

if you weren't scum you would say 'well my ability's name isn't copy, let's kill ernie' or 'uhh yes my ability's name is copy, i wonder how ernie knew that, he must be telling the truth'

the fact that your defense is 'lol well how does ernie know the scum kill didn't happen n1' is just flabbergasting - would you like to admit that you're the sk and you know it was your kill that went through, now?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

yes because my action said 'copy' and 'kill' were the two things that happened to ninth

Which doesn't distinguish "scum" or "SK" or "vigilante".

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

i specifically said the sk line to see how you'd react

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

But did you or did you not visit him?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

like if your ability is what you said it was you would say 'no my ability's name is not copy', yeah? why go through the convoluted reasoning of 'HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S THE SK KILL THAT WENT THROUGH N1' when i actually said nothing of the sort?

i said two things:

1) I think you're the sk

2) Ninth had a kill visit him N1 (which everyone in the game knew)

you connected the dots between those two, not me

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rurea posted:

But did you or did you not visit him?

Read the thread.

And the "lol I said SK to see how you would react" is a laughable assertion. I'd be defending myself regardless if you said scum, but the fact that you said SK indicates a prior knowledge of the previous night's events.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also why wouldn't MCS's "Bodyswap/bodyguard/body shield/" ability show up to ernie?
Any reason you can think of ernie?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

Also why wouldn't MCS's "Bodyswap/bodyguard/body shield/" ability show up to ernie?
Any reason you can think of ernie?

it's because he was the kill

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

it's because he was the kill

I realize that is the obvious explanation but I want to explore all the possibilities.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Read the thread.

And the "lol I said SK to see how you would react" is a laughable assertion. I'd be defending myself regardless if you said scum, but the fact that you said SK indicates a prior knowledge of the previous night's events.

again: don't dock the question

if you're town with your ability why isn't your defense

'yes/no my ability's name is copy'?

why is it 'ernie is scum because [extremely complicated wifom]'

why isn't it 'everyone knows ninth died, and i already claimed my ability, ernie is making poo poo up since there are votes on him'?

why isn't it any 1 out of 1000 logical things

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Read the thread.

Also a simple yes or no would have done just fine.
Now you just feel evasive

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

I realize that is the obvious explanation but I want to explore all the possibilities.

fyi i lied about my ability a little

i don't find out what happens the night of the death to the corpse

i find out all the abilities that have ever targeted the person, but ninth died n1, so i paraphrased

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

fyi i lied about my ability a little

i don't find out what happens the night of the death to the corpse

i find out all the abilities that have ever targeted the person, but ninth died n1, so i paraphrased

And in the interest of further damning MCS since he really does not want to explain himself,

MY ability was the copy. I targeted TNL, copied his tracker, then tracked Ernie. Which told me Ernie targeted TNL. Which is why I asked him about the sixth sense thingy the next day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

And in the interest of further damning MCS since he really does not want to explain himself,

MY ability was the copy. I targeted TNL, copied his tracker, then tracked Ernie. Which told me Ernie targeted TNL. Which is why I asked him about the sixth sense thingy the next day.

lol rip

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This is the most interesting scum gambit I've seen in years.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

now we just have to wait for opop to come back and say 'what if the entire thread is scum and mcs is tgown>? possibilities hmmmmm'

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Do you normally talk about yourself like this?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok I believe in ernie now

##vote MCS

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It peaked D1 and you got a surprising number of people to believe you, so yes!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rurea posted:

Do you normally talk about yourself like this?

If this is me pulling a scum gambit, it's hilarious effective in my favor because I've successfully gotten two people whose powers are actually pretty weak, all things considered, to claim.

If this is me pulling an SK gambit, it's a pretty loving weak one since either of you two getting lynched would drat me.

If this is me pulling a very interesting town gambit because roleblockable bulletproof is a hilariously weak fake claim used to discourage nightkills against an actually valuable power role, I'm pretty ambivalent on the whole thing.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If this is me pulling a scum gambit, it's hilarious effective in my favor because I've successfully gotten two people whose powers are actually pretty weak, all things considered, to claim.

If this is me pulling an SK gambit, it's a pretty loving weak one since either of you two getting lynched would drat me.

If this is me pulling a very interesting town gambit because roleblockable bulletproof is a hilariously weak fake claim used to discourage nightkills against an actually valuable power role, I'm pretty ambivalent on the whole thing.

You've refused to answer my question yet.

Now rurea has claimed the copy. You personally claimed to have visited Ninth. It counts as a visit, because my ability counts as a visit (i.e. I asked Kumba who visited Ninth and he was dead and it still worked out). I'm telling you right now, the only other person to ever visit Ninth other than Rurea killed him. You personally claimed to be this other person.

Where did your ability go if it's not the kill? You weren't bus-driven, because Ninth died and you claimed to have targeted him.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It's way more likely that: You killed Ninth. Claimed it as part of an elaborate gambit to live on as confirmed town. You're probably scum because if you were the SK and truly believed I'm scum you wouldn't play as you have because you'd be afraid the scum would kill you tonight. Additionally, you wouldn't have played the way you did yesterday as an SK who knew the scum kill didn't take.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

You've refused to answer my question yet.

Now rurea has claimed the copy. You personally claimed to have visited Ninth. It counts as a visit, because my ability counts as a visit (i.e. I asked Kumba who visited Ninth and he was dead and it still worked out). I'm telling you right now, the only other person to ever visit Ninth other than Rurea killed him. You personally claimed to be this other person.

Where did your ability go if it's not the kill? You weren't bus-driven, because Ninth died and you claimed to have targeted him.

I'm not answering your question because it's complete bullshit.

You're claiming a role even more hilariously convoluted than mine, which conveniently gives you no results. I'm fairly certain you'll pick one of the dead from last night and say "Well golly gee geepers, the only person who visited him was Betrayer, no further results!".

So, let's do some analysis. Let's even assume for the sake of argument that I am the SK, and killing me stops any non-scum nightkills.

10 alive today. We can assume three scum in a game this size with an SK. We lynch me, 9.
One person dies tomorrow night, 8.
Tomorrow, you have no results other than "lol Betrayer did that kill too", someone else gets lynched. 7.
One person dies that night. 6.
At that point, it's LYLO if we assume three scum total. At this point, you can claim results on whoever. Town lynches incorrectly, you're down to 5.
Last scum nightkill puts it at 4, which scum win because they equal the number of townspeople left.

This is why I don't buy it. You're claiming a role which allows you to comfortably coast to the endgame by not having any actual results. Hell, having Rurea claim as well puts you both as magically town who caught the SK.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm not answering your question because it's complete bullshit.

You're claiming a role even more hilariously convoluted than mine, which conveniently gives you no results. I'm fairly certain you'll pick one of the dead from last night and say "Well golly gee geepers, the only person who visited him was Betrayer, no further results!".

This is why I don't buy it. You're claiming a role which allows you to comfortably coast to the endgame by not having any actual results. Hell, having Rurea claim as well puts you both as magically town who caught the SK.

am i allowed to quote this back at you?

and again, you've got this wrong. if literally anyone targeted ninth other than you and rurea, they can disprove this right now.

and i'm saying i can keep doing this for the rest of the game. that's pretty ballsy of me.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This is, of course, assuming that I am the SK.

If I'm not, then you're risking one scum to kill the bulletproof that you wouldn't be able to get rid of otherwise.

So, I'll leave it up to everyone else. Am I the SK that scum are willing to sacrifice at least one of themselves to get rid of? Am I scum that just magically exposed two marginally useful power roles that would enable me to get rid of actual roles?

Go ahead. Lynch me. I will remind everyone there ain't no goddamn reinforcements.

Not that I breadcrumb.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

if literally anyone targeted ninth other than you and rurea, they can disprove this right now.

Why would they? They'd open themselves up for scrutiny for killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Why would they? They'd open themselves up for scrutiny for killing him.

i have to hand it to you, i'm impressed with how well you're arguing against this from multiple angles relentlessly. if i were in your position i would have honestly barraged me with a ton of angry words to get me to back down.

again: you said you visited ninth, yes? i'm saying two people visited him. rurea says he's the copy. rurea also says he can confirm i visited ninth. why are you voting me? shouldn't the logical step be that if you can prove rurea is lying, then you can prove i'm lying?

• Locked thread