Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Boxturret posted:

perhaps the same can be said for all religions?

your shills are as empty as your forum!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Boxturret posted:

perhaps the same can be said for all religions?

Think of all the wars that could have been prevented if we had chatlogs of what jesus and mohammed really said and thought. Of course, such important information would be prone to counterfeiting and forgery. If only there were a trustless public ledger....

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

basically all the gospels were jesus calling out other jews for being dicks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

very few priests teach the wonder of sarcastic rear end in a top hat jesus tho

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

RZA Encryption posted:

Think of all the wars that could have been prevented if we had chatlogs of what jesus and mohammed really said and thought. Of course, such important information would be prone to counterfeiting and forgery. If only there were a trustless public ledger....
that is basically how islamic scholars developed the hadith. while all we know about Jesus is what's in the Bible, Mohammed was a real person who spent his life conquering the middle east and said a lot of things to a lot of people. islamic scholars argue over the veracity of stuff Mohammed said or did based on how reliable the sources are in the chain back to Mohammed.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

in a move that ought to surprise no one, the pioneer of credit default swaps is getting into butts

trigger warning, contains the phrase "speed and efficiencies of the blockchain"

from bloomberg

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

The fact they worship Satoshi as some great godlike figure, despite his chat logs still being around where he told them no and called them all assholes for what they did to his little tech demo is really astonishing.
What chatlogs are these where he told them no? He may not have wanted this exact iteration of cryptocurrency to be the big thing but he did seem to believe a lot of the things bitcoiners say too.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?xg_source=activity

Holy Lord Satoshi PBUH may His reign be eternal posted:

Could be. They're talking about the old Chaumian central mint stuff, but maybe only because that was the only thing available. Maybe they would be interested in going in a new direction.

A lot of people automatically dismiss e-currency as a lost cause because of all the companies that failed since the 1990's. I hope it's obvious it was only the centrally controlled nature of those systems that doomed them. I think this is the first time we're trying a decentralized, non-trust-based system.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CampingCarl posted:

What chatlogs are these where he told them no? He may not have wanted this exact iteration of cryptocurrency to be the big thing but he did seem to believe a lot of the things bitcoiners say too.

satoshi didn't give a poo poo about "the big thing" or being is own bong or the fed afaik

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

satoshi posted:

Dear Satoshi. Your dox, passwords and IP addresses are being sold on the darknet. Apparently you didn't configure Tor properly and your IP leaked when you used your email account sometime in 2010. You are not safe. You need to get out of where you are as soon as possible before these people harm you. Thank you for inventing Bitcoin.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gobbeldygook posted:

that is basically how islamic scholars developed the hadith. while all we know about Jesus is what's in the Bible, Mohammed was a real person who spent his life conquering the middle east and said a lot of things to a lot of people. islamic scholars argue over the veracity of stuff Mohammed said or did based on how reliable the sources are in the chain back to Mohammed.

There are seven extra-biblical sources that mention Jesus FYI.

he was unquestionably a real person, but people write down more things a conquering prophet says than stuff a person who opposes the local authorities and gets crucified says

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

satoshi didn't give a poo poo about "the big thing" or being is own bong or the fed afaik

There's anti-government currency stuff in things he said, that's the only reason a person would even think of bitcoin

You have to start with "how can i make money that nobody controls" to invent Bitcoins

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

theflyingorc posted:

There are seven extra-biblical sources that mention Jesus FYI.

he was unquestionably a real person, but people write down more things a conquering prophet says than stuff a person who opposes the local authorities and gets crucified says
seven out of the however many that make up the bible, you mean

CampingCarl posted:

go hog wild: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Thank you for loving bitcoin - satoshi

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

There's anti-government currency stuff in things he said, that's the only reason a person would even think of bitcoin

You have to start with "how can i make money that nobody controls" to invent Bitcoins
Pretty much this. His early posts talk about the bank bailouts and people controlling their own money. He may not be full on Ron Paul 2012 but still leaned that way a bit. He seemed to be mad that people tried to make money with it so quickly but this is also a guy who thought that rational actor users would not use GPUs for the good of the network. I don't remember the part where he "called them all assholes for what they did to his little tech demo" though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RZA Encryption posted:

throwing the fiatlenders out of the temple

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CampingCarl posted:

Pretty much this. His early posts talk about the bank bailouts and people controlling their own money. He may not be full on Ron Paul 2012 but still leaned that way a bit. He seemed to be mad that people tried to make money with it so quickly but this is also a guy who thought that rational actor users would not use GPUs for the good of the network. I don't remember the part where he "called them all assholes for what they did to his little tech demo" though.

nvm then

the rear end in a top hat thing is when the wikileaks clusterfuck blew up and coiners wanted to gently caress with whatever 3 letter agency was in charge, they wanted to brint it on and satoshi told them to not bring it on i think

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

unpacked robinhood posted:

nvm then

the rear end in a top hat thing is when the wikileaks clusterfuck blew up and coiners wanted to gently caress with whatever 3 letter agency was in charge, they wanted to brint it on and satoshi told them to not bring it on i think

Yeah I was paraphrasing a bit, it was mostly him pleading with them not to pounce on his precious creation and that it was still way to early so please please please don't get crazy about this, whereupon bitcoiners ignored that and went full steam ahead into asics. He kept telling them they would ruin the entire point of his little project and that bitcoin was nowhere near ready for prime time, but by then the libertarians had decided it was their salvation so nothing he said mattered.

Then Andresen at the bitcoin foundation mentioned he'd spoken to some FBI people and poof, Satoshi was gone :iiam:

(Only be rediscovered later by Newsweek:ms:)

He was definitely a bit crazy, but the talk about him like he came down from a digital mount Sinai with the laws that would deliver them from the hated Fed, despite him directly telling them that they were getting crazy and ruining his idea.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Muscle Tracer posted:

in a move that ought to surprise no one, the pioneer of credit default swaps is getting into butts

from bloomberg

also she was forced to quit her position at chase because her commodities trading group was underperforming

also her ex ran another one of those failing offshore bitcoin ventures

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 12, 2015

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
My Roommate, the Darknet Drug-Lord

closure, at last.

quote:

Once, after an attempt to retrieve litter in the underbrush of Glen Park Canyon, Ross acquired a nasty case of poison oak. He spent the next week roaming the house, towel loose around his waist, skin red and inflamed.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Muscle Tracer posted:

from bloomberg

aaaaa

quote:

“Blythe’s unique vision, leadership qualities and dynamism were the key ingredients that we looked for in a CEO to help re-invent the aging, costly and hack-prone legacy processes and infrastructure of settlement services,” Hirani said in a statement from Digital Asset.
re-invent like re-inventing the wheel, or do you mean disrupt?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Muscle Tracer posted:

from bloomberg

update the chart

Sheogorath
Mar 29, 2007

what do you think the odds are that the litter he was retrieving from the tree was a paper wallet blown away by the wind and he just said it was litter cause its less embarrassing somehow

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
shame on you for linking this and not disclosing his deviantart page

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

anthonypants posted:

seven out of the however many that make up the bible, you mean

...no, not really.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
this poor kid is going to be absolutely, utterly hosed in life

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113688/baby-neo-is-bitcoins-first-undocumented-human

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

theflyingorc posted:

...no, not really.

i think there are more than 7 non canonical gospels.

also, i really don't get why the infancy gospel of pseudo-matthew was not included in the bible. i'd totally worship a dragon tamer jesus.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Personally I blame the elements of the church that would eventually spawn Protestantism. Most protestant bibles take out extended Daniel which also includes dragon slaying. Presumably this hideous cult attempted to cull all bits of the bible that would make it closer to Ghostbusters and thus better.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

what the gently caress

i just

what

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

ik it's been run into the ground but seriously, where the gently caress is cps in this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
good luck registering for school
or getting a driver's license
or registering for social security
or getting a passport
or getting a job that requires any of the above

all the advantages of being an illegal immigrant while being born here!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
wasn't there just an article about some undocumented guy in canada who has no birth certificate or anything and now that his parents are dead he's discovered how boned he is

e: i was thinking of this one: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/01/17/stateless-mans-citizenship-application-delayed-by-lack-of-paperwork.html

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 12, 2015

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

or getting a passport

roger ver's waking nightmare, but from birth

is this even remotely legal

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

holy poo poo gently caress these people

that kid is going to need so much therapy but will never be able to get the job or insurance to pay for it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

or getting a passport

“Their decision to take their son on the road will be to encourage a future where he and others will be able to find work when needed, a place to stay, a cold drink and some warm food, all without having to use the dreaded federal reserve note."

so they intend to raise a couchsurfer

MGN001
May 12, 2012

So what happens to this kid? I mean after cps MEN WITH GUNS takes him away?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MGN001 posted:

So what happens to this kid? I mean after cps MEN WITH GUNS takes him away?

seriously, the steps involved in being a recognized citizen of this country starts with one document, your birth certificate. Without it you can't get any officially recognized form of ID that I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
no way to establish credit
no way to ever have a mortgage
can't open a bank account

the list goes on

• Locked thread