Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Klingtron posted:

A We only have so many limbs to lose

The next limb we lose could be our last.

A

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
C

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B/C Vader lost limbs several times, so can we.

Loel fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 7, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C/B. Study at the library. Have Crispy help, and get him talking during breaks

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Study at the library. Have Crispy help, and get him talking during breaks

Also have him read the tattoos on our back.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
C with a side of B if possible

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

This has my support

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Outrail posted:

One more for this.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
C with side of B for all the reasons enumerated. We can brush up on our swording skills any time but getting to pore through a Mechanicus library doesn't come along every day and we need to be able to hit the ground running. Have Crispy assist and use the opportunity to see if we can covertly glean anything about him as well.

Also bullshit that was a Vortex Grenade that killed the Inquisitor.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kai Tave posted:

C with side of B for all the reasons enumerated. We can brush up on our swording skills any time but getting to pore through a Mechanicus library doesn't come along every day and we need to be able to hit the ground running. Have Crispy assist and use the opportunity to see if we can covertly glean anything about him as well.

And who is the only group to make vortex grenades? The Mechanicus :tinfoil:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

LowellDND posted:

And who is the only group to make vortex grenades? The Mechanicus :tinfoil:

Yeah, but they're really difficult and dangerous to make. It's as likely if not more so that it was a legacy weapon that was thousands of years old.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

daemonhost

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We should be mourning the loss of something almost unique and incredibly valuable. They could have killed him in any number of cheaper ways.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Sure, this

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Kai Tave posted:

I was going to go with A, but This swayed me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Or a rogue psyker. There are other ways to punch a hole in reality. Notice how only this one Inquisitor got murdered (apparently)? Vortex Grenades aren't precision weapons, Beer even elaborates on that in the description...if someone dropped a Vortex Grenade in the middle of an Inquisitorial conclave there should be a whole bunch of dead Inquisitors instead of just one.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Word of LowellDND says that this adventure is a couple weeks ahead of his. So we'll get to see what happens, probably.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, the radius of a Vortex grenade isn't that big unless you roll really well.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

goatface posted:

Nah, the radius of a Vortex grenade isn't that big unless you roll really well.

The radius doesn't have to be that big so long as it A). persists and B). moves around.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
C

Also, I'm super excited in another B4tBG CYOA! :woop:

His Ork CYOA was pretty amazing, and I'm looking forward to great things here.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Kai Tave posted:

Yay Plan Kai Tave!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

goatface posted:

We should be mourning the loss of something almost unique and incredibly valuable. They could have killed him in any number of cheaper ways.

Thrift is the hallmark of poverty. We're not one of the filthy poors, and should be applauding the sense of style involved in such a public display of wealth and power.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
pre:
A	XXX
B	XXX
C	XXXXXXXX
D
E
F
B/C	XXXXXXXXXX
Hey. The Mechancius said it was a vortex grenade, so it was a vortex grenade. Are you gonna argue with a Magos? :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

pre:
A	XXX
B	XXX
C	XXXXXXXX
D
E
F
B/C	XXXXXXXXXX
Hey. The Mechancius said it was a vortex grenade, so it was a vortex grenade. Are you gonna argue with a Magos? :colbert:

We are the Magos :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LowellDND posted:

We are the Magos :colbert:

You're just a bunch of voices in his head.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Just tossing another B/C on the fire for the reasons already stated. There'll be plenty of time for us to get a sword training montage later.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Romance Rast with the Paragon option.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Romance Rast with the Paragon option.

Changing my vote to this.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
get head from crispy

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Goddammit goons.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Waci posted:

Goddammit goons.

It's not dead. I'm dealing with a combination of writer's block and a brutal work schedule.

Also Cities: Skylines. So blame Paradox Interactive.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Not you.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Through the warp

It was Prosper day, and all was well.

You were ensconced in your throne, a half dozen meters high. It was one solid piece, made of the blast steel of a planetary battery from Sacred Terra. It alone was worth worlds, and it was the least of your treasures. Around you, the tapestries and relics of a thousand conquests, a thousand victories. By your will was the sector moved, by your will did trade pulse.

At your back, squads of Space Marines, sworn by their Chapter Master to eternal loyalty to your Dynasty. They watched with cold eyes, visual representations of your strength and glory. Even Space Marines served you - even the Chapter Masters were compliant to your whispers. Your personal weapons and armor was crafted by their finest smiths - artifacts with millennia of history.

In front of you, the obedient and the servile. Inquisitor Lord Gant, brought back from the dead, brought back from the Warp. Your alchemical masters and Magi forced him backed to life, and now he bent the knee. It was said that your wrath was worse than the Daemons of the Warp, and he would know, wouldn’t he? Behind him, all the other Inquisitors, all the ones who had tortured you in your youth, surrendered, their Rosettes now marked with the ‘P’ that was your Dynasty.

With them as well, the Rogue Traders came to grant you homage. Dozens of them, all the Dynasties who had laughed at you, all the ones you had thought you could never aspire to. Their fleets served you, if begrudgingly, and you occasionally made examples of them. But they served regardless, and your wealth was the stuff of legends. The Sector-Lords were even considering making you a High Lord, in a century or so.

Races and nations and species you’d never heard of, all came to grant you tribute, the fear and the awe that was your due. Such was your will - such was the destiny the universe had granted you. To stride the galaxy like a colossus, and crush all before you. Your life was and would be nothing but an endless series of victories and successes, and the children of your line would conquer other galaxies themselves.

Except… that wasn’t it, was it. Your life had been hard, starting in squalor, fighting over scraps, making bargains with people who should have obeyed you instantly. The Space Marines faded from view, and the Rogue Traders walked away, laughing at you still. The Inquisitors… the Inquisitors grew horns and fangs and a perfect beauty. You had always known they had served the Warp. You had always known they were out to get you, stop you from getting what you deserved.

Dozens of Inquisitors, with warp-crafted weapons, watching you with sharp teeth and easy smiles, the same golden eyes peering out of every skull, the same voice echoing from every throat. “Didn’t you know were damned, Sebastian? And you with us. We have brought you down with us, to dance and cavort in the darkness. Your home is in the Warp, Sebastian, and we love you…”

You pulled your gun, trying to prioritize targets. There were so many of them, and your resources so few. Your relic turned to a lasgun in your hands, a pitiful thing, and you felt the terror of being overwhelmed once again. Gant had brought you into this world, a world of terror and pain, and he was going to take you out the same way. Except the world that followed would be even worse…

You called out to the God-Emperor and he came.

Four meters high, wreathed in silvery battle armor, the glow of his psyker powers spreading out from him in waves. The Inquisitors knelt and cried, mewling before something that was so much greater than they. He gestured, and they melted away, like visions of water in the heat. You crawled before the God-Emperor, crying and worshipping, dreaming of looking up to see that perfect face…

“Rise, my child. My favored one.” The voice was perfect, and you looked up, like staring into the sun

and saw Ork features staring back at you.

What, what?

Crispy floated over to you, a small skull out of the darkness. “Hey, you feeling okay?”
“...what?”
“You took a big whiff of that hallucinogen grenade. What you seeing?”
The God-Ork-Emperor looked down at you, smiling toothily.
“Um… nothing important.”

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Best. Prosper. Day. Ever.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

LowellDND posted:

“You took a big whiff of that hallucinogen grenade. What you seeing?”

“Um… nothing important.”

:captainpop:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's not dead. I'm dealing with a combination of writer's block and a brutal work schedule.

Also Cities: Skylines. So blame Paradox Interactive.

A shame, this CYOA was exciting as hell to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Prosper Day Best Day

Fly Molo posted:

A shame, this CYOA was exciting as hell to read.

Don't worry, I got a good update coming up.

• Locked thread