Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CPig, Brainstealer Dragon, Mafia Aligned Absorber, was killed N1

and

PMush, Gloom Dragon, Self Aligned Soul Eater SK, was killed N1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Amoeba102, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Lumpen, MC Eating Disorder, merk, Met, Murmur Twin, numerrik, Rurea, Somberbrero, TheRam

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 14th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Uh, go team.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I did not see CPig flipping scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:ghost: DAMMIT PMUSH :ghost:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hahahah holy poo poo I hope they targeted each other

I busdrove Rurea and myself btw before anyone asks

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

I did not see CPig flipping scum.

I was pretty convinced of his innocence after the vote. :\

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
We can probably safely full-claim now, it shouldn't be hard to solve this. I'll wait a while but I think that's the smartest thing to do.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well let's analyse: CPig fake claimed a JOAT to try and get Ernie lynched. Safe to assume then he never believed Ernie's role or he'd be opening himself up badly. It really sounds like a really lovely gambit any way you try to swing it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

We can probably safely full-claim now, it shouldn't be hard to solve this. I'll wait a while but I think that's the smartest thing to do.

If you're going to call for a mass-claim, you should start it off.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, most likely scenario is 1 scum remaining. Full claiming would create a paper trail, so to speak, that would be useful if regular scum hunting doesn't cut it for the next 5 game days.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

##vote cpig

my vote isn't moving :3:

Ernie. posted:

i won't even bother convincing other people

i'm just going to peacefully continue voting you until one of us dies

NOW WHAT THERAM

WHO HAD CPIG UNDER SUSPICION

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay so amoeba and i and met and rurea are confirmed town imo

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cpig really had me fooled when he backpedalled his opinion on me

but, he really did try and stop me from voting amoeba based on the 'scumslip' i saw because he was trying to be on the right side of the argument

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ernie. posted:

okay so amoeba and i and met and rurea are confirmed town imo

After CPig flip I'm not so convinced.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Met posted:

After CPig flip I'm not so convinced.

I know what you're saying, but I think what likely happened is the Narc said in the scumdoc that she doesn't care if she's puppy cuddled, so CPig probably jumped on the opportunity for credibility.

Rurea's voting for AnonNarc in that context is scummy, but the rest of the reads in that post are reasonable.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

People PMush put serious votes on: AnonNarc, CPig, Lumpen.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure we can really use who Pmush seriously put votes on as a guide since he was 3p and wouldn't have had any real information though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It was just an observation, what people pull out of it is up to them. Personally, I see it as a reason why PMush was killed, not as some sort of scum guide.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah fair cop, he played a pretty bland D1, didn't really come out particularly hard or anything but I at least felt like he was helping even though he was mostly just asking questions and his posting was kind of drowned out in the very busy thread. Its funny how little information we actually have even though we had a full D1 and how close we are to winning but I think we should probably take this opportunity while TheRam is away to actually just run through this kind of poo poo in a calm rational manner and figure out if there's any other little scumtells we missed

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure we're the only people in this game that aren't in a US timezone so I hope we are cool because I feel like I'm being a bit of a jerk this game but even if he's town, TheRam has seriously been pissing me off and I probably never want to play another game he's involved in ever again

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Probably because he's English. Makes sense.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also, we're in such a good position that we can turbo merk without any problems.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Whats your thoughts on the number of surviving scum/3p? We probably won't really have anything hard to go on until the other players check in with their night actions, but the more I think about it the more I'm not 100% its just down to one more person we need to lynch. I don't know much about meta or game setup or anything so I'm talking out my rear end here but it seems weird we got a scum AND a 3P kill in the same night. Its very lucky obviously either way but the idea that the ONLY 3P hit 1 of the 2 remaining scum at the same time they hit him seems way too good to be true.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Amoeba102 posted:

Also, we're in such a good position that we can turbo merk without any problems.

Its been a really fast game so people may not be as cool and good at checking in as we are and also I'm hesitant to say we still need to make a lynch every day but if we were going to lynch someone today the most inactive players aren't a terrible start, but its probably too early to be talking about that kind of thing I think

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also as much as I hate to say anything that might possibly wind up being "theram was right" later and as much as I think us all roleclaiming might actually help us, its pretty suss somberero would suggest that and then not roleclaim. I mean I might be wrong about it being a good idea, but if you thought it was, why would you say that and then wait around for everyone else to do it first?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Whats your thoughts on the number of surviving scum/3p? We probably won't really have anything hard to go on until the other players check in with their night actions, but the more I think about it the more I'm not 100% its just down to one more person we need to lynch. I don't know much about meta or game setup or anything so I'm talking out my rear end here but it seems weird we got a scum AND a 3P kill in the same night. Its very lucky obviously either way but the idea that the ONLY 3P hit 1 of the 2 remaining scum at the same time they hit him seems way too good to be true.

Yeah, 15 player game with 3 scum and 1 SK is pretty standard setup size. So I'd say one more to go. Just luck on our part.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Its been a really fast game so people may not be as cool and good at checking in as we are and also I'm hesitant to say we still need to make a lynch every day but if we were going to lynch someone today the most inactive players aren't a terrible start, but its probably too early to be talking about that kind of thing I think

It'd be kind of humourous to turbo merk considering the player that he is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also as much as I hate to say anything that might possibly wind up being "theram was right" later and as much as I think us all roleclaiming might actually help us, its pretty suss somberero would suggest that and then not roleclaim. I mean I might be wrong about it being a good idea, but if you thought it was, why would you say that and then wait around for everyone else to do it first?

It makes sense to be cautious to claim even if you want the mass claim. What if no one follows suit? Among other things.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Amoeba102 posted:

It makes sense to be cautious to claim even if you want the mass claim. What if no one follows suit? Among other things.

Yeah you're probably right I just had flashbacks to this when I read it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6g1055aQo

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Wow, that was certainly a turn of events. God drat. Is it D2 yet, or are we in the middle of N1? Either way, I should be at full steam Monday as my absurdly long work hours end Saturday, so I can start playing more.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeh, we're in D2.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Wow, we can possibly get a town flawless victory. I've never seen that before!

AMEOBA102

Amoeba102 posted:

Of people with significant or meaningful content, Ernie and Somb bother me. Just something off about them in a few ways they carried themselves. Ernie trying to claim proof CPig was lying in a way didn't quite fit right, like he was arguing fallacies knowing from the standpoint that it was all predicated on Ernie lying about being a lie detector. Somber trying to jump the gun to get self confirmed is just bad. Why get yourself confirmed - survival. Scum aim to prove themselves town more so than to find guilt in others. The mindset is just weird.

Problem is that it seems like it'd only be either one of them at most as since it would tie them too closely together to be a sensible scum gambit and I have more respect for them than to think that of them. I started off wanting to vote Ernie, but in the process of talking this out, I've started leaning more towards Somber because I've actually gotten around to vocalising what was pinging me.

##vote Somberbrero

Suspects Ernie and Somber, doesn't focus on CPig.

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote Ernie

His vote on Narc is picking an easy target for newbie tells. I think he should know better than that for a D1 lynch.

Suspects Ernie, defends ANarc.

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, but what did they do and why would Lumpen make that joke? It is important to play to understand how disjointed Lumpen's play was.

Suspects Lumpen.

Amoeba102 posted:

New players can all have their different quirks. Some go awkward some go quiet. I also find they are impressionable and take on others opinions pretty readily. Which is natural since you expect more experienced players to know what they are doing. (Then later on they learn we all suck at mafia) So you get new players agreeing with thread consensus. This isn't a truism though and some are head strong etc etc.

Basically, AnonNArc is still new and if you're going for her then fine. I don't like it. Who else would you vote for, though?

Defends ANarc.

Amoeba102 posted:

I did get a little ping going off how Lumpen and Nummerik followed my vote again. Lumpen seems fine, it's more numerrik that is low content/no content bandwagonning.

Suspects Numerrik, "Lumpen seems fine".

Amoeba102 posted:

Vig Met as soon as Opop does the replacement. Best option.

Wants to go after Met.

Amoeba102 posted:

People PMush put serious votes on: AnonNarc, CPig, Lumpen.

Insinuates that PMush was defending Lumpen (who earlier "seemed fine"), which doesn't make any sense since PMush was 3P and wouldn't know the scumteam.

Amoeba102 posted:

It'd be kind of humourous to turbo merk considering the player that he is.

Wants to go after Merk.

I dunno, right now I can totally see a world where Amoeba is the last scum. It seems like he's been willing to go after everyone but seemed to glance over CPig and defend ANarc. ##vote Ameoba102

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I went uncharacteristically super easy on both AnonNarc and CPig on D1.

Lumpen posted:

CPig, if you are telling the truth, you have made a bad decision. Recognize that since you've claimed JOAT you must find a way to back up your claim convincingly, if you live. I feel willing to give you time and space to do so. Can you anticipate a way of doing it?

Lumpen posted:

I read AnonymousNarc and did not feel a ping. I smelled him, and it smelled like newbie Town.

Lumpen posted:

Ernie. posted:

quote me one post that makes them sound town to you
I see no posts that sound Town. I see posts that don't give me Scum pings. I feel like Narc is posting about real thoughts without posturing. I will keep watching.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I played in 2 games that are done and am currently in 2 ongoing games. So I'm still kinda new but getting the hang of it.
In light of believing this, I have discounted some aspects of the other posts, I admit it.
In light of the flips, I can understand anyone considering me very suspicious and casing me based on those posts. Although I remain Vanilla Town, I should not be allowed to live to LYLO, if it came to that.

I will presently review the vote record and posts to try and find the last Scum.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Amoeba, if you still want the context on Harold Krell, refer to Somberbrero's Something Loud Comes Next game; the post right here sums it up.

Also see the current [Mafia]The Field game for why Krell equals the new Jetlam/Sword in the Brain and needs extracted from the community with impunity.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool, if there are no objections to a mass claim, I'm a doctor.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm vanilla , hence why I asked to be bus driven last night

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I'm here and ready to do things... and it looks like the game is almost over.

I'm Vanilla, Adamantine by flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have to leave for work in ten minutes. I am going to solve this game in ten minutes without having read really anything substantive before this post.

• Locked thread