Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

So Narcotics is just a lurker case? Am I missing something?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I AM missing something? Or it's just a lurker case? The English language is so confusing.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean whatever I will hammer if that is what the people want

##vote Hal

It also might be Lumpen, but that seems too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Somberbrero posted:

Cool, if there are no objections to a mass claim, I'm a doctor.

I'm a cop. Ernie is town. Yes I am a dumdum for picking him last night.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe you and consider that a good choice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Okay, okay. Okay. What was your rationale for copping Ernie?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ernie wasn't a bad choice until you see CPig's flip, which MMT wouldn't have had. Ok, I have to head to work now.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I don't know that I want to claim.

I have a night action, I used it last night, it was inconclusive about Hal. I should be able to determine his alignment tonight, with a few caveats, if he's not dead because he got lunch'd.

I need to re-read about CPig.

CPig wtf was your scum game, dude. I guess it was good since I thought you were too scummy to be scum.

:siren: fyi we have a claimed cop and no flipped godfather, just saying you're probably useless at this stage.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

TheRam posted:

I don't know that I want to claim.

I have a night action, I used it last night, it was inconclusive about Hal. I should be able to determine his alignment tonight, with a few caveats, if he's not dead because he got lunch'd.

I need to re-read about CPig.

CPig wtf was your scum game, dude. I guess it was good since I thought you were too scummy to be scum.

:siren: fyi we have a claimed cop and no flipped godfather, just saying you're probably useless at this stage.
I think you should fullclaim. Also why would you even assume a Godfather exists?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Final note as I'm putting on my shoes: you should probably lynch me today. You take away the perfect town victory, but I don't have any content at all for you to look at on any of the flipped scum - you're looking for a single scum player left. That is, you aren't going to learn anything new about me over the next X days while trying to find the last scum. If I'm the last scum, I'm playing this like a Survivor and have no d1 history that you can look at to see how my reads progressed from when I had to interact with my scum buddies.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Re-read notes:
Ernie obviously is town.

I don't think Somber is scum, through a read of Narc. Narc did all the things I think a newbie scum would do, and this post:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Guys I don't think somber is scum. His scum tell is that on day 1 he picks someone to target and yells about it.

I would vote merk though because he is actively contributing nothing.

But I still don't know.

Kind of gives it away to me.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Okay fine, this game is a bit of a crapshoot and it's obviously gone completely broken for the scum due to some night action I don't think we'll understand until the end.

I am a tracker. I chose Hal N1, because I meant it when I said I thought he might be a scumbo, and he was the least under suspicion so it felt like a good choice.

I don't like there being a busdriver, but I think it's probably town based on the play of CPig and Narc who would have been quite hard bussing? Honestly "I have to use it every night" sounds like something a scum would say in case they get caught in an action though, and I am totally fine killing the wah wah bus driver.

Also cop is the laziest shittiest role, and without things like godfathers it is dumb. Imo it's in direct opposition to a what a mafia game should be about.

We also need to consider the possibility of a ninja which usually bypasses tracking/watching, so my role might be useless too now. Though I think that's less likely unless the order of night events went SK NK -> Scum NK, which is possible. It would suggest that the killer of PMush is still at large.

However, I think it's unlikely that this is the case, because PMush was a very bad target for a kill. PMush was scummy, and had little or no influence on the group as a whole imo. I think it's more likely there was some weird interaction, but from a game setup POV that seems kind of unfair having like a SK PGO without having a town-based NK in the mix. I still think it's more likely the death was a result of something like that though, because honestly why would you not let PMush live N1 without any knowledge he was a SK or w/e.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

We have a doc, a cop and a tracker claimed. And a busdriver. We all know that role is generally anti-town in both intent and in action. A mandatory busdriver for town.

I don't want it, personally, unless the last player is godfather/ninja/penetrates doc (can't remember what that's called) MC ED is only a bad thing.

##vote MC ED

Take out the trash, do our investigations unimpeded, do the whole full claim thing first. Merk could be double bluffing volunteering for death, in this situation that would probably be a good play, but I think he's town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who did Hal target?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Oh yeh he did nothing. I probably wasn't going to re-track him tonight it seems like a waste, lol.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

that's the other thing, unless hal is ninja I don't really see a scenario where the vanilla wouldn't do the NK

hal is cleared, I just woke up I didn't really think it through.

unless he's a ninja.

to be honest if I was opop I would put a godfather ninja in this game because gently caress unambiguous night results!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I recommend killing the busdriver and then not getting lazy at all.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

TheRam posted:

I recommend killing the busdriver and then not getting lazy at all.

Seems reasonable. I can see the logic in that.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Mafia edit ##vot mc ed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TheRam posted:

that's the other thing, unless hal is ninja I don't really see a scenario where the vanilla wouldn't do the NK

hal is cleared, I just woke up I didn't really think it through.

unless he's a ninja.

to be honest if I was opop I would put a godfather ninja in this game because gently caress unambiguous night results!

I'll claim, you may decide to kill me over it, but if you do you can at least still get something out of it.

I'm a poisonbomb/poisoner. Kind of a weird town role. If I am hammered, the hammerer is poisoned and dies the end of the next day. Alternately I can poison someone at night (and they die at the end of the next day). It's one-shot, if I poison at night I lose the poisonbomb.

True story, Opop forgot to send my alignment in the original PM and I assumed I was 3rd party or scum until he sent another PM that was like "oh by the way you are town"

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a town role so if you want to kill me I understand, just make sure your second scum choice is forced to hammer me.

That being said, if I was scum I would almost certainly have just poisoned someone last night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Don't vote MC. He's a fast-track to solving this poo poo. His results will be harder and harder to fake.

Ram why would you not claim your result immediately? How was that at all inconclusive?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

Final note as I'm putting on my shoes: you should probably lynch me today. You take away the perfect town victory, but I don't have any content at all for you to look at on any of the flipped scum - you're looking for a single scum player left. That is, you aren't going to learn anything new about me over the next X days while trying to find the last scum. If I'm the last scum, I'm playing this like a Survivor and have no d1 history that you can look at to see how my reads progressed from when I had to interact with my scum buddies.

TheRam posted:

Take out the trash, do our investigations unimpeded, do the whole full claim thing first. Merk could be double bluffing volunteering for death, in this situation that would probably be a good play, but I think he's town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3fgZ_uyxo

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, okay. Okay. What was your rationale for copping Ernie?

(this answer doesn't include ongoing games)

I've been playing a lot more Mafia than normal, and in my last run, there's been SMT (Ernie was scum), The Room (Ernie was scum), and The Kill (where I started the game thinking Ernie was confirmed town). Part of it was that I wanted to breadcrumb a "wow every time I play with Ernie he's either scum or confirmed town" (and then either park a vote on him if scum, or talk about how I don't suspect him if town). From a "hunting scum" perspective, the CPig/Ernie lie detector thing was shady and felt like one of them was lying. Unlike, for example, the Lumpen/Somber argument where both players kept piling on information which made me read them as both town.

The most honest answer - I didn't put a super amount of thought into it, I read over Ernie and came out of it with "I'm not 100% of his alignment" so I went for it. The breadcrumb thing was on my mind though.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I believe hal let's use him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, scum aren't going to hammer Hal so that's kind of pointless.

Ram, track me tonight. I want to be able to trust your results.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Don't vote MC. He's a fast-track to solving this poo poo. His results will be harder and harder to fake.

Ram why would you not claim your result immediately? How was that at all inconclusive?

Somb eat a butt honestly it's the start of the day stop riding my dick so hard.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Well, scum aren't going to hammer Hal so that's kind of pointless.

Ram, track me tonight. I want to be able to trust your results.

I don't know if I want to do that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, I realized it's pointless because if you're scum, your claim probably isn't a fakeclaim.

TheRam posted:

Somb eat a butt honestly it's the start of the day stop riding my dick so hard.

Scum tracker would make a lot of sense. While you were voting Narco, it was fairly opportunistic and you tried so hard to wring every ounce of town credit out of that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TheRam posted:

nope I nailed narc and I wouldn't bus a noobie so meanly as that

Where did any of this happen?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

lynch mc ed, choose a target for hal tonight that's the best strategy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we lynch Hal you're hammering.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am fine with the strategy of voting Hal today, but I think that TheRam needs to hammer. His post about bussing narc doesn't jive with what actually happened yesterday at all, and his claim on Hal was completely pointless. He's posturing for a long game.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I realized it's pointless because if you're scum, your claim probably isn't a fakeclaim.

Scum tracker would make a lot of sense. While you were voting Narco, it was fairly opportunistic and you tried so hard to wring every ounce of town credit out of that.

It's not pointless. Typically people can't kill and do a night action.

Also I'm pretty unwilling to hammer, there are much better people do it. Merk is one.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'll hammer Hal. I flip vanilla and my credibility remains compromised.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

merk posted:

I am fine with the strategy of voting Hal today, but I think that TheRam needs to hammer. His post about bussing narc doesn't jive with what actually happened yesterday at all, and his claim on Hal was completely pointless. He's posturing for a long game.

I am verifiable through my night action, merk should know this. Merk also threw out a "kill me" post and has proceeded to come up with people other than him who should die.

Also, look at my post history I clearly called out narc and clearly told the thread to kill narc over accountant even when accountant would have been an easy and justifiable turbo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TheRam posted:

It's not pointless. Typically people can't kill and do a night action.

Also I'm pretty unwilling to hammer, there are much better people do it. Merk is one.

##vote TheRam

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TheRam posted:

I am verifiable through my night action, merk should know this. Merk also threw out a "kill me" post and has proceeded to come up with people other than him who should die.

Also, look at my post history I clearly called out narc and clearly told the thread to kill narc over accountant even when accountant would have been an easy and justifiable turbo.

Your night action is verifiable through your night action. Your alignment is not.

Your actions yesterday do not match your puffery.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

merk posted:

I'm not going to go to great lengths to defend this, but read my calls on Narc and you'll find that I would have had to have hard bussed narc, when it would have been unnecessary and downright harsh for a newbie.

Also, I am pretty much verifiable unless you think I can NK + track, which is nonsense.

merk, if you're not scum you are doing a lovely job, you said you should die and I think you are a great poison target, I don't think we need to get rid of Hal immediately because if you don't die at the end of tomorrow to a hal poison tonight then we know hal was lying and committed a NK.

Today, we need to lynch MC ED, the professed busdriver who has the ability to gently caress up all of our results and with the disparity in power roles that obviously exist between town and scum, the chance of a busdrive hurting the town is much greater than the scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cite one post that matches the puffery I said is out of place.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TheRam posted:

Also, I am pretty much verifiable unless you think I can NK + track, which is nonsense.

About 50% of mods let scum perform their night action and do the collective kill in the same night. I'm not sure where Opo falls.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In no world am I voting for MCED. Ram, if you think that scum can't perform an action in addition to the kill, why would you want to remove the bus driver?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

In no world am I voting for MCED. Ram, if you think that scum can't perform an action in addition to the kill, why would you want to remove the bus driver?

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we please lynch TheRam right now?

• Locked thread