Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Anyone critique this plan:

Lynch MC ED because of scumminess followed by meltdown claim as Busdriver, a typically anti-town role, that's apparently mandatory (red flag) and we have lost no town players yet, 3 with claimed roles that have gone uncontested (doc, cop, tracker).

Merk is right, he is one of the only people with no content and is absolutely someone you do not want in lategame. Hal has low content, but I tracked him last night and unless you think there are 2 scum remaining you should discount that we are working together. Hal is likely town, and he can verify that he isn't doing NK's if he targets merk with poison tonight and there is still a NK. There are obviously opportunities for WIFOM, but I can't see scum withholding a NK (not always possible).

From a setup POV, I kind of buy having a town bus driver, I guess. There is something twisted about having a town poisoner and a busdriver and the hilarious results that might come from that. Same with tracker poisoner, it's can lead to confusing and hilarious scenarios.

For crimes against townitude, a meltdown claim and a scumrole that could undermine the fact that we're probably going to be heavily reliant on town power roles especially after a full claim to figure out the last scum, MC ED cannot be allowed to live. Merk should be targetted by Hal tonight

I think anyone who reads my poo poo re: narc can see that I actively steered the lynch towards narc, when I was being the most vocal player, and away from accountant who I don't really know the alignment of but I assume is town. If you want to try to verify me through making me target someone, I guess whatever I'll go with it. If there is still a NK and I prove I tracked then it should dispel most other concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure.

##vote TheRam

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Can I get a quick second opinion on what I said about Amoeba? I feel like he's going unnoticed.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

merk posted:

About 50% of mods let scum perform their night action and do the collective kill in the same night. I'm not sure where Opo falls.

I really don't think that's true.

Somberbrero posted:

In no world am I voting for MCED. Ram, if you think that scum can't perform an action in addition to the kill, why would you want to remove the bus driver?

Bus driver undermines our actions imo. Also could easily be scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If you're going to kill me then let me hammer Hal, and then lynch merk tomorrow.

Take out the trash pls, and thanks.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If you want to kill a tracker who clearly wanted narc dead over anyone except somber who was lovely and scummy D1 then I actually don't care. Good luck piecing the game together with such idiotic vocal players as Somber and merk stepping up with a brief "kill me guys" into a shoddy case on me that makes me actually believe he has not yet read the thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

D1 is so ridiculous. We all joke post and then people try to pick apart the bullshitting to try and find scumminess. It's so silly. The only way to get info is to lynch someone so we can see the flip and start putting the pieces together.

Unfortunately we have to make that decision with basically no information. It might look like I'm bandwagoning here, but, like I said, lynch is the only way for us to get info. ##vote MC ED

TheRam posted:

Ahahah what is this post.
------------------

TheRam posted:

AnonymousNarc
Two posts, first - vote on MC ED, saying "someone has to die D1 is hard", second - vote on Ernie due to CP claim. Now that we know CP's confidence is due to nothing substantial and Ernie doesn't feel scummy I would say AN is maybe a bad guy.
- ------------------

TheRam posted:

Calling it now, Lumpen Somberbrero and Narc all scum.

Somb soft bussing Narc but completely dropping all interest anywhere near deadline, Lumpen throwing the early Somb vote only to get off of it and only giving Narc a second thought when pushed and realising just how incredible I am, Narc giving meta reasons for ignoring Somber and having an awkward "look we're talking in thread not in the scumdoc" interaction.

Hal is the godfather.

Kill Somber so we can get this 4 day town sweep game wrapped up.

This seemingly comes out of nowhere.
-----------------------

TheRam posted:

ugh this stuff sucks so close to a deadline, just makes me feel like narc is a power role or scum or both. I don't like the WIFOM or whatever that comes with this type of behaviour.
------------------------

TheRam posted:

-2 on narc. I'll obviously hammer if I have to.

I'm continuing to ignore Somb if he's here tomorrow though, I've said way too much on him. I'm doing everything shy of putting him on mute and I advise anyone to spend the 10-15 mins required to read our interactions and judge for yourself whether he's genuine or not.
-----------------------

TheRam posted:

I won't be I went to great lengths to try and bridge the gap. I hope you like sit down and read my stuff and learn that dismissing it all as garbage is dumb and that your case on me was poo poo and if you were a noob I would 100% have you down as scum and you would stay there.

Instead I don't know what the gently caress.

##vote narc
------------------------

How does this match:

TheRam posted:

nope I nailed narc and I wouldn't bus a noobie so meanly as that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Murmur I don't want to discount your effort, but the case on Amoeba feels flimsy. I can see how you came to your interpretation but it's a bit reaching.

If we don't kill Ram, Murmur can cop him and Ram can track MCED and MCED can swap two low-content folks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

If you want to kill a tracker who clearly wanted narc dead over anyone except somber who was lovely and scummy D1 then I actually don't care. Good luck piecing the game together with such idiotic vocal players as Somber and merk stepping up with a brief "kill me guys" into a shoddy case on me that makes me actually believe he has not yet read the thread.

Regardless of your alignment you've been incredibly unpleasant and you should take yourself less seriously. I reread myself because I was worried I might have been out of line this game, but naw I tried hard to be civil.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

merk you are wrong and also stupid.

I made my list post where I said narc was probably scum when I didn't need to as a scum, I pursued somb until such a time as the thread wanted a swingvote and I actively steered people away from accountantman onto narc.

I thought a newbie scum like narc would do the usual thing of thinking "oh poo poo, I've ruined the game getting caught as scum d1" and that was probably a contributing factor towards her(?) replacement. I think you'll find my D1 read of narc was actually spot on throughout, I just wanted to kill somber more.

Also I would not bus a baby scum D1 like that, I would obviously vote em and whatnot if I had to - but as someone who was the most vocal I would not suddenly target them for any reason other than necessity. The necessity wasn't there, you are bad and should die as you offered.

re: Somber if I can track him, call a target he went to, verify it's not the victim then it's an easy way to drop my suspicion there.

also merk saying that 50% of mods allow NK + action is horseshit, what does that do to roles like trackers and watchers? If I track the scum I get "pisspants visited a and b" ? I have literally never seen that in a game and if you check votefinder I've played quite a few. It is absolutely nonstandard to do that, and the fact you said that implies you are much more likely to be scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ram, you want to track me to confirm that I'm not scum? I'm a doctor who hasn't been counter-claimed.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Regardless of your alignment you've been incredibly unpleasant and you should take yourself less seriously. I reread myself because I was worried I might have been out of line this game, but naw I tried hard to be civil.

Yeh I'm just going to avoid slap fights, honestly I don't understand how you could not see my counterpoints to what you were saying though. I'm sure you can understand why that doesn't result in a pleasant back and forth. When you pick out things like me saying I thought MC ED seemed sad as though that was just fluff I thought that was nonsense, D1 is largely about gut and if I say I think someone seemed sad so I don't want to vote them it obviously means something about their seeming sad makes me read townie.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Ram, you want to track me to confirm that I'm not scum? I'm a doctor who hasn't been counter-claimed.

One thing that does happen is that scum are told that roles aren't in a game as a fake claim. I can't discount that. It's nothing personal. Same thing with cop, a lot of mods recognise cops especially without the presence of a godfather suck, so they either make the cop a fakeclaim, have sanity issues or usually just put a godfather in.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Like Lumpen said that someone copping Ernie was a good idea. That was not a good idea. If Ernie was a scum with the level of bussing he's done he would be a godfather, hoping to ride early bussing and any cop investigations to the end. Ernie was probably the single worst person to cop last night.

He was a very good player to watch, and an okay player to doc imo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TheRam claimed Miller.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Lumpen can't be allowed near LYLO, he's right. I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of Lumpen or merk did the whole "kill me man it's cool" thing and turned out to be scum. It's a pretty desperate situation for them atm.

I'll respond in single sentences to any questions for, or accusations aimed at me.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

merk posted:

TheRam claimed Miller.

Fake claim I will investigate town. merk are you scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No, no one uses cops and doctors as fake claims. They are standard roles for the town. Tracking me would be a complete waste of your action. It would be better to track MCED if anyone.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I've been in at least one game with a cop/doc fake claim on these here forums.

I agree that tracking you would be a stupid idea, but if the alternative is I die then I don't see why I wouldn't.

However, honestly merk looks super bad. That comment that 50% (or even anywhere near that) of mods let scum NK + roleblock, watch, w/e the usual scum powers are...

I was a tracker and I saw someone go two places and one was the NK victim it'd pretty much auto-confirm they are scum right? Unless their claim was busdriver or something. You think there'd be both a cop that can get a scum read on anyone (i.e. no godfather, sane) + a tracker who can get a drat near confirmed scum read by virtue of someone visiting two people and one dies.

Much more likely a scum that is followed by the tracker is only visits their victim, and then they have to argue why there were there. Often with claims like cop, and doc.

merk wants people to go through some serious mental gymnastics, his initial idea about killing him was good. I stand by killing the bus driver because he's mandatory by his own admission, potential scum and the town is in a safe enough place to do it alongside Hal killing merk in the proposed way.

You should let me live until later because I can track people and that's very handy, if you want to kill me off at a certain amount of days before lylo w/e, I think we'll win before then, moreso if I'm tracking people.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

if I was a tracker*

also I don't think the busdriver claim even works, it makes me basically a 2nd cop vs any scum with a power role who choose to NK

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

hal if I get lynched and you don't target merk tonight then you are a butt, fyi!

bbl, sorry that my last fairly long post has some errors it's cold as gently caress in here so typing is lame

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Some moderators do allow scum to take multiple actions. It's not a decision I always agree with but it does happen.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Who did MCED busdrive?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

Who did MCED busdrive?

Rurea and himself.

Which strikes me as sort of a strange choice, but eh.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
TheRam correctly claiming Hal went nowhere clears TheRam for me. I believe the Doc and Cop claims. I feel suspicious of Hal's claim, it seems like at least a partial lie. I believed MCED busdrives but may flip Scum. Met seems clears by vote and Numerrik I dunno. Merk seems Town enough but I dislike the slapfighting.

This stream of though comes from the top of my head.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I didn't even notice Poque or Rurea in this game at all.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Oh, Met replaced Poque.

Please update the Op, Opop.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

numerrik posted:

Seems reasonable. I can see the logic in that.

numerrik posted:

Mafia edit ##vot mc ed

You forgot to claim and just went off voting instead.

You too, Amoeba.

TheRam posted:

[...] unless you think there are 2 scum remaining[...]

3 Mafia, 1 SK, 11 townies.

Seems a little Townie heavy to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Eh, that's how I'd build it. Might splash another third-party for flavor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lumpen posted:

Oh, Met replaced Poque.

Please update the Op, Opop.

This is done

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote numerrik

As crazy as Ram is, if he's town I want his results. I'd like it if Murmur cleared Ram. MC, I think swapping Lumpen and merk might be smart. Here's a final votecount btw, I was looking for it earlier.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (8): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Met, Ernie., Ernie., CapitalistPig, Rurea, Ernie., Somberbrero, numerrik, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, TheRam, Amoeba102
numerrik (2): Lumpen, Lumpen, MC Eating Disorder, Murmur Twin, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (2): Somberbrero, Rurea, Rurea, Lumpen, TheRam, Somberbrero, TheRam, Lumpen, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, merk, Amoeba102, Lumpen, numerrik, TheRam, TheRam, Lumpen, TheRam, TheRam, Lumpen, Amoeba102, numerrik, TheRam
CapitalistPig (1): Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Ernie.
Ernie. (1): CapitalistPig, TheRam, Rurea, Murmur Twin, AnonymousNarcotics, TheRam, Murmur Twin, Rurea, CapitalistPig, Amoeba102, Amoeba102
MC Eating Disorder (0): Amoeba102, TheRam, numerrik, Rurea, Lumpen, AnonymousNarcotics, Rurea, TheRam, AnonymousNarcotics, Amoeba102, Lumpen, numerrik
TheRam (0): Somberbrero, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder, Somberbrero
Rurea (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Lumpen (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Ernie.
merk (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Amoeba102 (0): Rurea, Rurea, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder
Poison Mushroom (0): Rurea, Rurea

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 12th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

The vote from pig comes a lot later than it looks.

Everyone still needs to claim. I think it's odd that Met didn't claim despite prompting others to claim.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

yeh numerrik does feel pretty scummy reading his post history, still though we have a lot of time and we should remove the bus driver.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

Everyone still needs to claim. I think it's odd that Met didn't claim despite prompting others to claim.

I was checking with my mason buddy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

I was checking with my mason buddy.

Confirmed or unconfirmed?

Ram there's not a compelling reason to vote out MC. Track him tonight if anything.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

Confirmed or unconfirmed?

I had to check the PM. Unconfirmed.That's odd. I just googled it. I've never seen that concept before.

Ernie is my mason partner.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

Don't vote MC. He's a fast-track to solving this poo poo. His results will be harder and harder to fake.

Not that I don't appreciate any plan that doesn't kill me but what does this mean exactly? I really have no beef with the Rams plan at all since we don't have a lot of better options and this game is actually pretty boring since using my night power on myself and rurea every night is the only real option I have as town anyway. How is my power supposed to help town at all at this point?

I mean I'd like to be useful and I'm sorry for having a meltdown on OxyContin at 4 am and making d1 even more of a crapshoot but we're ahead now and if lynching me removes any ambiguity I'm all for it

If there is actually a way my power can help town please enlighten me now

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yeah I'm masons with met but we're unconfirmed. I think they're town, though, because:

1. They have a mason-doc for us that's keeping track of how people are playing the game.
2. Just now during the claim they said "Would a townie mason win with scum mason if they both survived to the end?" which is an odd question for a scum to ask when they're in a doc with someone who was copped as town and tunneled hard by another scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so far we have

code:
Amoeba102		-
Ernie.			Mason
Hal Incandenza		Poisoner
Lumpen			Vanilla
MC Eating Disorder	Bus-driver
merk			Vanilla
Murmur Twin		Cop
numerrik		-
Poque/Met		Mason
Rurea			Vanilla
Somberbrero		Doctor
TheRam			Tracker
thoughts on the claims:
One of our VTs has to be scum, if not more. Town clearly has very little defense against 4 (!) killing roles, doubt we'd be given this many vanillas.

If Hal is scum, claiming both sides of his role seems counter-productive? Who has Hal targeted so far?

I think we can start considering Somber and MMT confirmed town.

If anyone tries to 'plan' the order of the night-actions I will personally case them into their graves. No co-ordination whatsoever. Co-ordination in mass-claims is an advantage to scum not town!

EDIT: I am tanking an intentional edit. PM sent to Opop as to why!

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 13, 2015

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My flavour is a chaos dragon btw which is still a very odd choice for town but like I said I don't actually mind eating it to remove ambiguity since I can't think of a way for it to help us without discussing my targets openly ahead of time which makes it easy for scum to play around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

so far we have

code:
Amoeba102		-
Ernie.			Mason
Hal Incandenza		Poisoner
Lumpen			Vanilla
MC Eating Disorder	Bus-driver
merk			Vanilla
Murmur Twin		Cop
numerrik		-
Poque/Met		Mason
Rurea			Vanilla
Somberbrero		Doctor
TheRam			Tracker

thoughts on the claims:
One of our VTs has to be scum, if not more. Town clearly has very little defense against 4 (!) killing roles, doubt we'd be given this many vanillas.

If Hal is scum, claiming both sides of his role seems counter-productive? Who has Hal targeted so far?

I think we can start considering Somber and MMT confirmed town.

If anyone tries to 'plan' the order of the night-actions I will personally case them into their graves. No co-ordination whatsoever. Co-ordination in mass-claims is an advantage to scum not town!

EDIT: I am tanking an intentional edit. PM sent to Opop as to why!

Hey, I think the whole game needs this original post.

• Locked thread