Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Endorph posted:

code geass's entire premise is built on magic. like, the geass isn't ever explained as anything other than wizard poo poo. geass is one of the big series in z. case dismissed.
It's also like the best mcguffin in the Z series. It gets abused in such great ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

maou shoujo posted:

In OG2, was it Tetsuya who freaked out at the suggestion of the existence of ancient Chinese magic robots? Only for him to be calmed down by Daitetsu pointing out that plenty of weird things already exist.

"Dude, we hang out with a guy with a magic Mecha from Atlantis with two talking cats."

So far, J and OGG haven't grabbed me as strongly as OG2 did. I'm tempted to either just start a new game plus or play the remake. Any save data carry over? If it's good enough, it might be the deciding factor.

Oh, and I started the The Inspectors anime. Good lord that fanservice. Also the characters have very different voices form what I was picturing: Excellen especially.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

"Dude, we hang out with a guy with a magic Mecha from Atlantis with two talking cats."

So far, J and OGG haven't grabbed me as strongly as OG2 did. I'm tempted to either just start a new game plus or play the remake. Any save data carry over? If it's good enough, it might be the deciding factor.

Oh, and I started the The Inspectors anime. Good lord that fanservice. Also the characters have very different voices form what I was picturing: Excellen especially.

J carries over EVERYTHING. Like, upgrades to your mechs are preserved, and you can pick more favorite series. You can also adjust the difficulty and customize the main character's Spirit Skill loadouts.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Rascyc posted:

I just use this

Thanks! Works for me.

I'm watching the first episode of Exodus. I didn't know there was a time skip, so it's a little bit odd to see all the characters again, but older.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

J carries over EVERYTHING. Like, upgrades to your mechs are preserved, and you can pick more favorite series. You can also adjust the difficulty and customize the main character's Spirit Skill loadouts.

Oh, that's nice! But I meant from Original Generations 1 to 2 to Gaiden.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh, that's nice! But I meant from Original Generations 1 to 2 to Gaiden.
If I'm not wrong, transferring from 1 game to the next has a base of 25% Money/No PP transfer which applies to OG 1 -> OG 2 -> OG 2.5 (the Gaiden preview stages in OGs)

For OGs carrying over to the actual Gaiden game itself, you get 50k for every part completed (OG1/OG2/OG2.5) and that's it.

Which means do it if you really want to, but it won't really matter in the long run.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Im not sure I'd call OGG a good game, but I still like it because its got the Shura.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I passed Stage 20 in SRW J, meaning I'm almost at the point I stopped playing way back when. Calvina's pretty cool: the bad guy is trying to play it like he's some kind of honorable character or whatever, but she instantly calls him on his bullshit. It's a pretty cool scene.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raxivace posted:

Gundam X is cool though.

It's not as cool as the original Dancouga, which did get dropped. :argh:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
But Dancougar Nova is even cooler and it is in all the recent games.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

But Dancougar Nova is even cooler and it is in all the recent games.

That is an objectively false statement and even if it wasn't you need both Dancougas for the fist bump dynamic finisher.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There are always two Dancougas: a master, and an apprentice.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

There are always two Dancougas: a master, and an apprentice.

But which one was removed? The master, or the apprentice?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The original Dancouga crew used machine guns and rocket launchers to attack an enemy base whereas everyone else went in with karate and swords and mind lasers so they're sensible. Sara has cool eye makeup. Aoi sounds like a boiling kettle for the child scream for her big attack. Both are cool, but Nova has twice as much Norio Wakamoto. As long as someone is yelling "yatte yaruze!" I'm fine.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I can't wait to see the in-game explanation for no Dancouga. How do you explain away one of the coolest combination attacks in a long time? Ho hum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO71RRx1lHU RIP

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I sure hope that we get an upgrade from Jegan to Stark Jegan or something in Z3-2. Some buffs to MK-II would also be nice.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I sure hope that we get an upgrade from Jegan to Stark Jegan or something in Z3-2. Some buffs to MK-II would also be nice.

I could see Stark Jegan as a secret unit, hell they had Juaggus for crying out loud last time.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Well they already have the long beam cannon from the Super Gundam, but they could add the rest of it, right?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Mk.II is my favourite Gundam is it super bad? I've not played 3.1 yet.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

The Mk.II is my favourite Gundam is it super bad? I've not played 3.1 yet.

It's a grunt suit that can't even fly. It's better than a Jagen but still worse than almost every other UC suit.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's an early era UC mobile suit. Yeah it's pretty much at the bottom of the dog pile along with Jegan, Methus, and Juaggu .

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I found it to be really good early on, I think it has a pretty good ALL attack for when it first shows up? Doesn't last, but Emma was in my top aces for a while.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah, a serviceable ALL attack keeps it above all the garbage UC units. It's perfectly playable and pretty decent. If you are an Emma fan you'll probably move her to the Delta Plus though which is just a better unit overall with no new-type reqs. You can probably put her in that secret mech that Four flies in too, I don't think it has newtype reqs. I usually put Four in the Sinanju.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well yeah, Delta Plus is the best suit available to any UC pilot that isn't running on newtype magic.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

gently caress the ReGZ, throw Amuro in the Delta Plus and watch poo poo explode. Then put Daguza in the ReGZ since it has a decent enough ALL attack.

Rascyc posted:

Yeah, a serviceable ALL attack keeps it above all the garbage UC units. It's perfectly playable and pretty decent. If you are an Emma fan you'll probably move her to the Delta Plus though which is just a better unit overall with no new-type reqs. You can probably put her in that secret mech that Four flies in too, I don't think it has newtype reqs. I usually put Four in the Sinanju.

Byarlant doesn't have Newtype requirements and ends up being a great thing for non Newtype-y or very weak Newtype pilots like Emma or Katz. It's also cool as hell, so there's another bonus.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Yeah I do like the MkII but it's even in-story highly obsolete by Z3.1. It's from basically stage 1 of Z1 so

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/572389014281449472
Mini Twitter update from Masami Obari on Tengoku.

Basically, all he revealed the name for Asakim's upgrade: Shuroga Sin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/572389014281449472
Mini Twitter update from Masami Obari on Tengoku.

Basically, all he revealed the name for Asakim's upgrade: Shuroga Sin.

They actually revealed that back in the website post right after the second PV.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

They actually revealed that back in the website post right after the second PV.
Shows how much I paid attention to that website post! :v:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Rascyc posted:

You mean Sazabi right?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Where are my mass produced Nu-Gundams with Incom systems, anyway? I've missed those ever since Alpha ended.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm on the final route split of Z2.2 and I think I'm going to finally drop the Impulse from the regular deployment list. It's just not cutting it compared to everything else I bring and I've never really had that problem before in a SRW game. Maybe I have and I'm only noticing now that I'm blitzing maps in less than 2 turns or it's because my main pilots have such a PP advantage over Lunamaria that it feels like it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

WHoever warned me of endless reinforcements in J, you were right.

You were right.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Endless AND the opposite side of the map.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

EthanSteele posted:

Maybe I have and I'm only noticing now that I'm blitzing maps in less than 2 turns or it's because my main pilots have such a PP advantage over Lunamaria that it feels like it.
Nah, Shin Getter is just that good.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The Impulse is just kind of bad in the Z2 games.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

Endless AND the opposite side of the map.

At least I've got plenty of cool robots to use. I'm surprised that I found myself not using the G Gundam guys at all this time around, because as always there's way too many units I want to use compared to how little I can use.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Lostconfused posted:

Nah, Shin Getter is just that good.

That's the thing, I'm not even using Shin Getter this time! It still has to compare to the Zeta, Nu, 00R, Wing Zero and Turn A though. I guess closest actual mech comparison is a Scopedog sort of? But then they have Chirico and Fyana in so welp.

WrightOfWay posted:

The Impulse is just kind of bad in the Z2 games.

I think you might be onto something here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Impulse isn't really bad. It's just that it suffers from being a powerful single-target attacker in a game with a looooot more powerful single-target attackers. It's good squad filler but that's about it. (It'd be better in a game with Maximum Break.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

WHoever warned me of endless reinforcements in J, you were right.

You were right.

Because heaven forbid they have more than one enemy faction on the map at the same time.

"Let's Play Super Robot Wars J(esus Christ cut out the reinforcements already!)"

• Locked thread