Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
That campaign looks miserable. Visceral has really made DICE proud by keeping up the BF tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

10 people playing on PC, somehow?

Edit: And it's not just a screw up in Battlelog, there are 10 players with differing ranks listed in the servers it seems.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
probably some devs or media

RIP

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I hate money and feel like getting this on either pc or ps4, any of you ready to regret this purchase in the following month?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I only regret buying the season passes because I'll play the first and maybe second batch of maps but I never end up touching the later ones. Base game's always good for 100 or so hours for me, though.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

quadrophrenic posted:

Giant Bomb Quick Look is up, btw, if you care:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-battlefield-hardline/2300-10017/

They seem generally unimpressed by the campaign. IDK, it looks marginally more interesting than your average AAA multiplayer shooter campaign. More stealthy. Bad acting. Stylish and dark.

They seem equally unimpressed by the multiplayer. :( The whole quick look was rather depressing. I'll keep my preorder and hope for the best!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
As a giant bomb fan I can confidently say that you should never listen to their purchasing advice ever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Two of the whitest people on earth talk about the console version of Hardline thanks GT

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/whsrtx/battlefield-hardline-battlefield-hardline-multiplayer-pre-launch-report

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

WOOP WOOP THAT'S DA SOUND OF CUM POLICE - PLATOON IS LIVE!

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

I applied as maffew_DOLLAHZ

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Just paid off my pre-order. No turning back now!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Sound like two guys being payed to promote Hardline but struggling to do so.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
this new hardline footage makes it look real as gently caress

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

If you pre-order folks take a look at your Battlepacks page of the Battlefield: Hardline Battlelog, you'll notice that you may have all of your Battlepacks available to you now! I have 14 waiting for me available to open at the moment:

1x Versatility Battlepack
1x Suppression Battlepack
1x Precision Battlepack
2x Premium Battlepack
1x Veteran Battlepack
1x Battlefield Hardline Beta Battlepack (looks to be a free gold Battlepack given to all open beta players)
1x E3 Stun Gun Battlepack (for the community mission)
1x E3 Grappling Hook Battlepack (for the community mission)
x5 Gold Battlepacks (Deluxe Edition, even though there should be 10 of them)

Edit: So that's what the Deluxe Edition gets, and those are the camos from them. The Beta Battlepack is the same thing as a Gold Battlepack, the Mission Battlepacks just contain a patch and boosts, the Premium Battlepacks contained the slot 5 loadouts and some Battlelog avatars. Also, I now have $100 Hardline monies, so I'm the richest person in the game!

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 14, 2015

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

kloa posted:

drivable couch is possibly maybe worth 60 bones

UGH ok fine. This and circuitboard camo, might be worth checking out.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Oh man that driveable couch just raised my interest ten-fold.

See DICE this is the kind of thing Halo needs. Bring back vehicle surfing, chopper winches and rockin 'Nam tunes while you're at it please.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

10 people playing on PC, somehow?

Edit: And it's not just a screw up in Battlelog, there are 10 players with differing ranks listed in the servers it seems.

If you pay for the EA subscription schtick, you get 10 hours of the game from the moment you initially load it up (I think I ain't payin a sub to find out). Full multiplayer and 2 levels of single player (as was mentioned in the Giant bomb piece).

Watching that Giant Bomb bit I gotta say that it seems like Viceral wanted to make a different game (that was cops and robbers) and EA just said "SLATHER IT IN BATTLEFIELD!"

They seemed to really be pushing for a video game version of Cops, but they were constrained to the Battlefield game formula. Honestly this would work so much better if it was built more like Splinter Cell (at least the parts that I'm watching).

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Calax posted:

If you pay for the EA subscription schtick, you get 10 hours of the game from the moment you initially load it up (I think I ain't payin a sub to find out). Full multiplayer and 2 levels of single player (as was mentioned in the Giant bomb piece).

That EA Access subscription thing isn't available on the PC, its exclusive to Xbox One.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
I might have given up on Hardline, but CUMP can live The American Dream.

Edit: Beaten, don't care. FREEDOM :911:

Delicious Meat fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 14, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Just applied to CUMP.

Also WOW, they reduced RO993 damage all the way to 15. Might as well make it a Colt SMG at that point.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Me and myself like this comment.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Chronojam posted:

Me and myself like this comment.

As do I. I'm going to edit that song and make a wav file for our server. Thinking of when you log into the seever it will sound WOOP WOOP Das the sound of CUM Police. I have a program that will make it sound like the orgional artist also lol.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Heads up, I'm not gonna accept you into the :cumpolice: platoon unless you're a regular in mumble.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Unless you write a 300 word essay on why you love cum

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Unless you write a 300 word essay on why you love cum

300 words isn't an essay. It's a paragraph.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Heads up, I'm not gonna accept you into the :cumpolice: platoon unless you're a regular in mumble.

Kind of a dick move.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

Kind of a dick move.

thats where cum is from

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

thats where cum is from

Actually, it cums from the prostate.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

I find this actually fair. If you look at LLJK it was 100% full yet almost no one still plays and it keeps new active members from being able to join. Also it would be nice if everyone uses mumble so we can coardinate nights were we go CUMP vs CUMP in spergish style competition. It also builds comradery. I know some people are reclusive but I personally prefer a group in mumble that I can laugh and dick around with and plaster CUM to the pubbies around us.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

shankerz posted:

Anyone got any cool banners made yet?

Got bored this morning and cobbled a few together.

:effort:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Actually, it cums from the prostate.

is pee in your balls

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

I find this actually fair. If you look at LLJK it was 100% full yet almost no one still plays and it keeps new active members from being able to join. Also it would be nice if everyone uses mumble so we can coardinate nights were we go CUMP vs CUMP in spergish style competition. It also builds comradery. I know some people are reclusive but I personally prefer a group in mumble that I can laugh and dick around with and plaster CUM to the pubbies around us.

There's no point in making it the official goon platoon for Hardline if it's going to be a small, select group of people. I want to people able to join off a platoon member at any given time during the day if I'm in a platoon.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

There's no point in making it the official goon platoon for Hardline if it's going to be a small, select group of people. I want to people able to join off a platoon member at any given time during the day if I'm in a platoon.

ok

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Also BF4 platoons still work in Hardline.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Also BF4 platoons still work in Hardline.

Yeah, but they're intended for the goon BF4 players, a lot of which aren't too fond of Hardline. Either way, it's whatever.

Also, get your VPN's set to Korea, folks. It'll be released in 20 hours over there.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm not really a mumble regular but I do have access to it and jump on when I play with goons, as long as that's enough to join the platoon I'm fine with it. I'm looking forward to loving around in Hardline hotwire mode.

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah, but they're intended for the goon BF4 players, a lot of which aren't too fond of Hardline. Either way, it's whatever.

Also, get your VPN's set to Korea, folks. It'll be released in 20 hours over there.

Completely forgot about that, excellent.

Edit: just applied as BobBaudoin, though mumble shows me as Infrevacus.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 15, 2015

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Dvsilverwing posted:

So we just set it to Korea for 1 time to get past the lock then switch it back?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want a spotify playlist for hardline

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

So we just set it to Korea for 1 time to get past the lock then switch it back?

Yeah it should let you finish the pre-install thing so that you have the full game and it's activated, then just launch the BF:H Battlelog and disable/delete that VPN connection and exit the VPN program (try using SoftEther, pretty simple to use) and you can play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
so its 455 am in Korea. says releases at 8 am so 3 hours 5 mins till this should work. ill be at work but will be online when i get home at midnight PST!

• Locked thread