Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh shoot, I left out CT's claim in the captain's claims saga

You also left out Lumpen's abuse of child labor laws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

yuming posted:

Mills is lying about his role but his read of me is correct.

I've made a good case on Diqnol that is more than have done, stupids.

yuming's case on Diqnol is good. Read how Diqnol acted around yuming, you'll see a man who is in a position of power and gloating over it. He has no interest in finding scum, he wants to have control over yuming. That is scum Diqnol.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Welcome back! We got rid of Krell BUT HE CAME BACK :gonk:

gently caress.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

You also left out Lumpen's abuse of child labor laws:

Getting your kids to play mafia even indirectly is pretty bad

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

##vote Harold Krell

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Mills is probably an anti-lyncher

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

nvermind

##unvote

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Kumbamontu posted:

Mills is probably an anti-lyncher

You're right that's far more likely than him making an obvious lie to save Yuming.

Here's a hint: he'd go against his own win condition to save yuming. Arguing that it IS his win condition is incredibly obtuse.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

The fact that Lid didn't even flinch when a mason said they were buddies with yuming is the biggest tell that he's a lyncher and not actually a cop.

but, Mills why did you lie? Lynch all liars

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina, I think you are aggressively posting non-game related posts. What's up with that?

FV I know you like to try to actually play mafia in even the goofiest of circumstances. You were giving it your all in fanfic while I was writing Mario/Yoshi bestiality fanfiction. I can appreciate that and I think you are fighting the good fight.

But that just ain't me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think carp is scum, i don't like her interactions with me earlier because they make no sense at all

##vote carp

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Finally caught up.

I still dont want to lynch Yuming

Mills sounds pretty legit so far. He's defending Yuming pretty hard, scum wouldnt blatently lie like that to protect a single buddy. If anything they'd bus them downtown

Im still fine with killng winvirus. Would like to lynch Lid

Harold Krell is a good lynch target too! :sun:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills absolutely would go to bat to defend a scum buddy are you kidding

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote Lumpen

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mills absolutely would go to bat to defend a scum buddy are you kidding

Especially yuming, although she's probs town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Scum would bus, not defend here" is a fine reasoning

but not for Mills, and especially not for Mills and yuming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Carpet Shark posted:

I want to know why Mills would claim something that would so clearly be refuted by yuming if he was scum and she really was town. :/

Also I think it's highly possible Asiina is scum. She says herself that she never knows what to say when scum so she doesn't say much at all, and the fact that she's talked so much in the thread but kept it firmly away from game chat fits that picture.

This is such a complete misrepresentation of my ~meta~ to the point that I think it's a fabricated case. It also doesn't even make sense in its own context. Someone who doesn't know what to say so they don't say anything at all is not going to be the person who has talked "so much".

Preview Edit:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think carp is scum, i don't like her interactions with me earlier because they make no sense at all

##vote carp

Yeah, I'm feeling the same thing

##vote Carp

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Mills would defend yuming to the ends of the earth, absolutely regardless of either of their alignments.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Also Mills would defend yuming to the ends of the earth, absolutely regardless of either of their alignments.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559769&pagenumber=5#post417532772

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Did you do a search for "##vote yuming username:Mills"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I'm not reading that tell me what happened.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

I'm not reading that tell me what happened.

Mills voted for yuming once two years ago

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Did you do a search for "##vote yuming username:Mills"

I have a good memory.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mills voted for yuming once two years ago

cool dismissal, but what asiina said is false. at least if it's a game that mills cares about

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is krell dead or replaced yet

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I have a good memory.

cool dismissal, but what asiina said is false. at least if it's a game that mills cares about

Fine, I take it back, but I still don't think Mills lying for yuming says a drat thing about either of their alignments.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

1400 new posts.

Nope, not reading. Is lumpen dead yet?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

CCKeane posted:

1400 new posts.

Nope, not reading. Is lumpen dead yet?

nope

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Gonna ignore my role for now and :

##vote Diqnol

I agree with yuming's read on him, regardless of her alignment, and think he deserves more votes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Reminder that harold krell is in the game again and he's almost definitely a better vote target than both lumpen and winvirus combined

Also I think TT moved the deadline up to tonight?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Reminder that harold krell is in the game again and he's almost definitely a better vote target than both lumpen and winvirus combined

Also I think TT moved the deadline up to tonight?

I have visions of Krell just replacing people over and over each time he dies, and Sandwolf didn't even post in the thread to have any sort of alignment read on him.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

And yeah deadline is in 11 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thoughts on the last 25 pages:

- yuming's reaction to the votes on her was very self-serving, she was only focused on survival and not doing anything to help town. Also unless it comes up later, nobody's claimed as the person giving yuming her orders

- I know it was said as a joke but I can definitely PMom being scum for his % post

- KK's argument about wanting flavour on Lid's investigation is really bad cause from everything I've seen this is a flavourless game.

Kat Delacour posted:

##vote yuming

Sorry I was phone posting earlier as I checked my emails and stuff and borked the vote.

Yuming could be telling the truth but with a varied role like that she's likely to be under constant roleblock or nightkill now. If we test the cop's result his N1/N2 results can be interpreted fairly, that is if he also isn't permablocked or killed. The only way we know we can get ANY information from both of these roleclaims is to burn the witch.

This is a really bad vote, Kat is overly justifying her(?) logic at a point where all she had to do was put down a vote.

- Byers, I really want to agree with your case on diqnol but I just don't, I think he's town

- Oh wait, PMom's claimed some weird CYOA 3p thing. Interesting. I'm willing to believe it for now

- Someone at some point said that Asiina is confirmed town. I'd like whoever it was to expand on this cause she is hitting my scumdar fierce here.

- Ah there's the additional claim from MMM for yuming's role. I think I remember seeing a similar setup in I think it was one of Ecco's games? There were three players who'd submit a name to an assassin and then the assassin would pick one of the three to kill. I'm pretty sure there was scum in that little group so I'm not going to write yuming off based on her claim just yet. Also, MMM's play in general looks very towny.

- Holy poo poo Khris Kruel you are so bad at mafia

- Oh good, everyone else hates you too

- KRELL'S BACK gently caress EVERYTHING

- OH GOD HE'S RAPPING

- Mills being confirmed masons with yuming is such horseshit. Most likely, Mills doesn't know or care about yuming's alignment, he's just trying to let her keep playing for longer because ~*emotions*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina, I think you are aggressively posting non-game related posts. What's up with that?

I'm glad you're seeing this too, FV

Asiina posted:

FV I know you like to try to actually play mafia in even the goofiest of circumstances. You were giving it your all in fanfic while I was writing Mario/Yoshi bestiality fanfiction. I can appreciate that and I think you are fighting the good fight.

But that just ain't me.

Asiina, when you're town you like to joke around but you still actively care about the game. You get emotionally invested and even when you're joking about, that attachment is still clear. CS:GO and Secret Invasion are a couple of great recent examples of this. I'm just not seeing it this game. Why did you jump on the Lumpen bandwagon?

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...
11 hours to deadline and I am mostly caught up. Here's where I am at right now:-

## unvote

##vote Lid

My reasons are pretty simple; I have played games with Lid before and my recollection is that he is a good player. I do not understand his incentive for claiming his role and the results of his n0 investigation. He claims he doesn't want to sit on a scum result if there is a chance he will die at night, on day 1 of a 90+ person game. With 93 players, and 2 lynches, I would expect there to be something in the order of maybe...4-5 deaths at the end of Night 1. If we assume 5 night kills, plus the targets of both lynches on day one being quasi random, that gives Lid something like an 87% chance to make it to Day 2. Even if he were to have been nightkilled, something like a simple vote on yuming with 'strong feeling she is scum' as the text would have given the thread what they needed to nail her should he flip cop. By laying low, he could have had at least a N1, and maybe N2 opportunities to use his cop-ness to clear/implicate other players before claiming.

If he is a cop, by claiming D1, he's created a number of negative outcomes for the town. All subsequent investigations by him, should he even live past Night 1, are now suspect. Given the possibility of Busdrivers/Roleblockers and other power roles, we can't ever expect him to produce a result which can be trusted by the thread. He's also focused town power role attention on himself meaning that watchers/trackers/docs whatever might focus on him to the detriment of the rest of the town, something the scum team(s) are sure to take advantage of.

So I think we should be rid of Lid tonight. Regardless of how he flips, we gain information. If he flips town-aligned Cop, we kill Yuming Day 2 for sure, so we have not really lost anything (because post-claim, Lid is useless as a cop, see above). If he flips anything other than Town Cop (which is my suspicion), it will give us a longer trail to look back at on day one to understand people's connections to him and their reaction to his claim.

tl;dr

• Lid made a terrible decision to claim and his reasoning is very flawed, or more likely he is lying, hiding something.
  • By choosing to claim he denied himself the reasonable chance to get a second or more nights investigation results.
  • Having claimed, he has guaranteed his role is useless/unreliable for the rest of the game as well as a distraction.
  • Seeing his flip has huge upsides and very limited downsides

I also have a question for Lid, which he may not get time to answer - was his result Town/Not Town, or Scum/Not Scum?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

DuckHuntDog posted:

I have visions of Krell just replacing people over and over each time he dies, and Sandwolf didn't even post in the thread to have any sort of alignment read on him.

Role PM: machine-aligned Matrix Agent

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DuckHuntDog posted:

i will replace myself out of this game if krell ends up in this game a third time

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

wall monitor posted:

Role PM: machine-aligned Matrix Agent

I love it.

flatluigi posted:

i will replace myself out of this game if krell ends up in this game a third time

Fair enough!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Highwire posted:

So I think we should be rid of Lid tonight. Regardless of how he flips, we gain information. If he flips town-aligned Cop, we kill Yuming Day 2 for sure, so we have not really lost anything (because post-claim, Lid is useless as a cop, see above). If he flips anything other than Town Cop (which is my suspicion), it will give us a longer trail to look back at on day one to understand people's connections to him and their reaction to his claim.

tl;dr

• Lid made a terrible decision to claim and his reasoning is very flawed, or more likely he is lying, hiding something.
  • By choosing to claim he denied himself the reasonable chance to get a second or more nights investigation results.
  • Having claimed, he has guaranteed his role is useless/unreliable for the rest of the game as well as a distraction.
  • Seeing his flip has huge upsides and very limited downsides

:siren: SCUM ALERT SCUM ALERT :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

Maybe Krell can be the one to replace you :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Asiina, when you're town you like to joke around but you still actively care about the game. You get emotionally invested and even when you're joking about, that attachment is still clear. CS:GO and Secret Invasion are a couple of great recent examples of this. I'm just not seeing it this game. Why did you jump on the Lumpen bandwagon?

I have a very simple explanation: THIS IS NOT A REGULAR GAME.

Seriously, 100 people, relax. I feel like you, and CS, and MMM are just jumping on me because I have a lot of posts.

I had no reason to jump on the Lumpen bandwagon, but it was a bandwagon. I actually don't mind Lumpen but I haven't played mafia with him. We played Dungeon World together one time and that was very fun.

He did use his children as pawns to say that he was town, so that's pretty weird.

Also thinking about it I wouldn't mind dying actually because my power is so incredibly hard to aim that I'm essentially VT. Like if I ever successfully pull it off it'll be just dumb luck. Replacing back in with something more interesting would be nice.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote carp

Strongly disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

I actually don't mind Lumpen but I haven't played mafia with him.

He's a really bad player and super obnoxious. He hasn't actually spoken up too much this game yet but when he gets into the swing of things it's really bad

• Locked thread