Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

I will explain this for you friend tithin. Yuming and I are best bros. She is the equivalent of you and Milky but in normal Mafia, and I've known her much, much longer. I'm pretty sure I've never read her wrong in a game, ever, in like five years. Poque linked to a game earlier where I absolutely destroyed her scum game. I will personally guarantee you that she is town, and I will promise on whatever you want, promise on our bro-ship even.

And even if for some bizarre reason you don't trust me when I am appealing to you on this personal bro level, there's also the objective fact that she is the best scum hunter on our forums and further that she is the only player actually trying. It's just poor town play to lynch that player D1.

But friend Mills how can we take your word forever? You don't have to. Just watch her catch scum, and watch them kill her at night to stop her.

This combined with her recent effort posts, I will not vote for her.

Would you like me to put your name on my list? Odds are in your favour.

20% chance of death
60% chance of doc
20% chance of cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

yuming 11
Diqnol 10
Lumpen 8
Krell 8
winvirus 7

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

yuming posted:

Mod confirmed: The Ninth Layer, Byers and The Betrayer (MEDS CURE SCHIZOS) are confirmed Town. Also, there are scum outside the main group. (1)

This may not truly be mod-confirmed. Our sources are that post, and Wins/Winvirus collaborating the origin.

##unvote

Yumming doesn't read like frustrated scum who was caught before posting. I'm going to read up on the diqnol case but will likely vote winvirus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah actually having krell in the game is probably unfair to whatever alignment he ended up in i'd rather dunk him than winv

##vote krell

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

tithin posted:

This combined with her recent effort posts, I will not vote for her.

Would you like me to put your name on my list? Odds are in your favour.

20% chance of death
60% chance of doc
20% chance of cop.

I'd rather be alive tmw tbh because this game is fun so if you're asking me, I would say no thanks. But there's a good chance someone tries to kill me anyway out of bitterness or something about my ~strong vocal opinions~ so whatever. Also I think you should choose the 5 names yourself rather than asking people to help you. Do as you will friend tithin.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Tithin: are you definitely against using the power on a set of 5 people who haven't posted yet?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
2000 POSTS

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think the five lurker plan wasn't a bad idea for tithin's power. One dead lurker, one lurker investigation, seems like a good night.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
People who still haven't posted:

tireddaemon
tao jones
savahontas
revolvyerom
mithranderp
dr hurt
bwee
buane

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

THAT'S 50 PAGES OF CONTENT IN ~TWO DAYS

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not against using it on lurkers tbh, but I think it'd be a waste.

If the scum are playing to win, they'd go for power roles, and not lurkers. Get rid of the most dangerous players first, push for lynches on lurkers in the mid game etc.

This assumes they're playing to win though and in a 100 player game :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

flatluigi posted:

People who still haven't posted:

tireddaemon
tao jones
savahontas
revolvyerom
mithranderp
dr hurt
bwee
buane

They'll probably just be mod-killed. Or we can let Krell play all of them.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

REWARD CHALLENGE REWARD CHALLENGE REWARD CHALLENGE

Four mafia players - Lumpen, Krell, Winvirus, and Diqnol - were involved in a large game of mafia. Each player was removed from the game on a different day and by a different method. Additionally, each player had cast a different total number of votes in the game at their respective times of removal. Can you figure out how each player was removed from the game, on what day, and how many votes they had cast?

CLUES:
1. The lynched player was removed from the game earlier than Krell, but later in the game than the player who had cast 2 more votes than Krell.
2. Diqnol, who was vigged, cast more votes than the player removed from the game on day 2, but fewer votes than Lumpen.
3. The player who replaced out cast one more vote than the player who suicided.

FIRST PLAYER TO SOLVE THIS GETS REWARD you don't have to paste a picture of the chart or anything if you don't want, you could also write out the answer (such as Rarity was nightkilled on day 6 after casting 7 votes etc etc)

GO GO GO GO GO GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOO GO GOG OGHOG GHOGOG OGO GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Did someone solve this yet because I like these kind of puzzles but don't want to waste time on something that's done

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque posted:

ASIINA! WINS! REWARD!!!!!!!

THIS CHALLENGE IS OVER

aw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

tithin posted:

If the scum are playing to win, they'd go for power roles, and not lurkers. Get rid of the most dangerous players first, push for lynches on lurkers in the mid game etc.

i'm mainly considering the vig you've got in that set of 5 and whether it's worth gambling the vig being used on someone who's worth having around

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

tithin posted:

A lot of players lately have been deliberately killing lurkers as scum rather than ~trying to win~. They still seem to win though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eight Dollars posted:

THAT'S 50 PAGES OF CONTENT IN ~TWO DAYS

it depends on your definition of "content" really, we've probably got like 5 or 6 of those

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tithin posted:

power roles, and not lurkers. Get rid of the most dangerous players first, push for lynches on lurkers in the mid game etc.
Why are you assuming that power roles aren't lurkers, and lurkers aren't power roles?

Lurkers are probably just as likely as active posters to be power roles

(and maybe even more?)

and town can't get a useful read off them. Thinning the herd from the bottom isn't a bad idea.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
literally every single player in this game is a power role of some shape and form, that's known information about the setup

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

The case on Diqnol isn't good enough to justify the momentum behind it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote Diqnol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJBjThjxQHc

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Atoramos posted:

The case on Diqnol isn't good enough to justify the momentum behind it.

Yeah he's an rear end but I don't really have a good grasp of why he's suddenly the lead option, it's weird

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote diqnol

It isn't the case against diqnol, it is solidarity behing yuming. :sun:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Yeah he's an rear end but I don't really have a good grasp of why he's suddenly the lead option, it's weird

Did you read Yuming's case?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Atoramos posted:

This may not truly be mod-confirmed. Our sources are that post, and Wins/Winvirus collaborating the origin.

##unvote

Yumming doesn't read like frustrated scum who was caught before posting. I'm going to read up on the diqnol case but will likely vote winvirus

I will subscribe to any theory that lets me justify voting for The Betrayer again.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

flatluigi posted:

it depends on your definition of "content" really, we've probably got like 5 or 6 of those

This is coming mostly from going "oh I actually have time to check the thread these things taper off on the weekends so I probably didn't miss muc... :pusheen:"

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you assuming that power roles aren't lurkers, and lurkers aren't power roles?

Lurkers are probably just as likely as active posters to be power roles

(and maybe even more?)

and town can't get a useful read off them. Thinning the herd from the bottom isn't a bad idea.

I don't disagree with this logic but I'm not a mind reader and don't know who scum are going to target tonight so I'm taking a gamble here.

If I target lurkers and they go for active, well, poo poo. If I go active and they go lurkers, same deal.

I'll see how it comes along in 6 hours and make a call then.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Diqnol 12
Krell 9
yuming 9
Lumpen 8
winvirus 6

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mills posted:

Did you read Yuming's case?

I'm not sold on it.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Did Krell come back like Jesus or something

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

tithin posted:

I don't disagree with this logic but I'm not a mind reader and don't know who scum are going to target tonight so I'm taking a gamble here.

If I target lurkers and they go for active, well, poo poo. If I go active and they go lurkers, same deal.

I think the argument is that your power might help or might kill. If you choose scum, you might help them. If you choose town, you might kill them. Instead, choose 5 lurkers and if they die then who cares what alignment they were. And confirm another with an investigation~

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

flatluigi posted:

I'm not sold on it.

That's fine. But it's also the only real case that's been presented all game which makes it pretty compelling. :shrug:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eight Dollars posted:

Did Krell come back like Jesus or something

he came back like food poisoning

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

tithin posted:

It isn't likely you will protect anyone, and you are going to kill one you would be trying to protect.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mills posted:

I think the argument is that your power might help or might kill. If you choose scum, you might help them. If you choose town, you might kill them. Instead, choose 5 lurkers and if they die then who cares what alignment they were. And confirm another with an investigation~

I think this is a good point. If those are the odds on your role then it sounds like a night action shotgun, could be pretty useful on players who haven't said/done much.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills posted:

Right. I think the doctor part of the role is a red herring. Giving a 20% chance of killing the person you're trying to protect is too dangerous to use on targets you're actually trying to protect, so I think it's more helpful for tithin to think of the role as "pick five people, one dies, one gets investigated."

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
##vote krell
Get back to your career, Krell. Your career makes you too busy for Mafia. Your important career to which you must attend must be advanced with businesslike vocational actions, for promotion.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Harold Krell posted:

OOOOwwwwooowowowooo~~~~~ uwWWWuuuuUUUUuuuwwwUUU!!!!

uwwWWWWWwwuuUUUUUUwwwwooOOO~~~ OOOOwwwwoooOOOOO!!!

:spooky:Wrathofthedevil:devil: UUUUWWwwwwwwooo~~~~ oggggggg!!!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

thank mr skrelltal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

##vote krell
Get back to your career, Krell. Your career makes you too busy for Mafia. Your important career to which you must attend must be advanced with businesslike vocational actions, for promotion.

Hey Lumpen how's it going. You thinking about making a list sometime this game for old times sake?

• Locked thread