Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Harold Krell posted:

Oh, I disagree. Longer is INDEED better.

:awesome:Know what I'm sayin'?:awesome:

:pervert:Like a four-inch wiener? Get it? :pervert:

I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo, you are terrible at this.

Oh look, there's me continuing to record my opinions on you as new info comes up :aaa:

Yeah, Asiina's still scum. I just don't want to risk having you drop out of the top 2 places.

i don't think town rarity is this mean

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

No Rarity. Poque is correct. You are terrible at this. Have you ever been consist in finding scums? Because this isn't going to cut it.

Go check out my last town game in SMT Mafia, where I had 5 of the 8 scum dead to rights and only suspected one townie in the whole game :)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

tl;dr

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

Rarity is lieing for the sake of lieing or she is dumb; I haven't worked out which.
Me either. I can't remember a game where she has given good reads. But this is sooo bad. I'm not sure.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I think testing the cop claim would've been good, but people are like OH NO YUMING CAN'T BE SCUM so whatever, it's D1 let's see if she is a super duper scumhunter to keep around after all

##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Hmm, this australian may be a criminal (lol)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yuming posted:

Also your avatar is adorable.

Ty, I chose it for my son. He is going through a real Kirby kick right now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

same

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote lumpen

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I am somewhat enjoying this back and forth of "you're bad!" "no you!" from yuming and Rarity. Good times. I wish I didn't know Betrayer was confirmed town because I'd really like to pick a dumb fight with someone and he usually delivers.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tithin posted:

Ty, I chose it for my son. He is going through a real Kirby kick right now.
Does anyone know who Birdon is?

I love Birdon he is the best.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TT, destroy yuming and mills for being mean.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ya when did you get so mean yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am somewhat enjoying this back and forth of "you're bad!" "no you!" from yuming and Rarity. Good times. I wish I didn't know Betrayer was confirmed town because I'd really like to pick a dumb fight with someone and he usually delivers.
Let's fight. Post those Gorilla gifs again like in xopods' game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Rarities british she doesnt speak english like you or me give her a break

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

chicks :rolleyes:

am i right or what

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yuming posted:

No!

I have a king dedede amiibos showing up soon, so he'll have all the Kirby ones soon. :sun:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

I doubt it. I doubt you get any of it.

:iceburn:Get it? Obviously not! :haw::iceburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't think town rarity is this mean

I'm just pissed off that yuming is getting away with this by batting her sparkly internet eyelashes and letting Mills bully anyone who stands against her.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yuming posted:

birdon is not only adorable but he's also one of my favorite powers in Kirby Super Star

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

I'm just pissed off that yuming is getting away with this by batting her sparkly internet eyelashes and letting Mills bully anyone who stands against her.

Yuming is mad bullying you

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Rarity I will not be gaslighted like this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the best kirby is when he steals R.O.B.'s power in smash brothers brawl

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone voting for Krell right now, please reconsider. Thank you for your time.

##vote lumpen

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

yuming posted:

Let's fight. Post those Gorilla gifs again like in xopods' game.

Haha I'd rather wait until you're not the vote leader so it's a more even fight.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote lumpen

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

save the cheerleader, save the world

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

i don't think that's what's happening

and there are several non-scum nks, probably, and two nights in a row before the next day, so nobody's getting away with anything

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
someone voting krell vote diqnol or yuming or something save krell

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Ya when did you get so mean yuming
I'm sorry. I'm drinking atm and about to go get cheesy fries. I am posting things I would usually filter out. Rarity and Asiina were mean to me during Survivor I have to pay it back.

Let's talk about Birdon instead he is Kirby's spunky cousin on a fun adventure. He is your best friend. He is going to save the world.

<3 Birdon <3

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rarity posted:

Idk, in a game of this size do you think that she'll live through the night

Comedy: phone autocorrect changed live to lube.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Yuming is mad bullying you
I didn't start it, though :sparkles:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I can confirm that yuming mentioned cheesy fries earlier this evening.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i really hope everybody who ends the day without their vote somewhere gets killed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

Rarity and Asiina were mean to me during Survivor I have to pay it back.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were suddenly Prop Machine. I didn't even pay attention to your season of Survivor.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I don't even know what I did to offend Kumbamontu or GulagDolls. I don't recall ever particularly fighting with them before. Poison Mushroom surprises me most, I thought we were cool.

Ernie, Pinterest Mom, Diqnol, and especially CCKeane, I guess I can understand their old grievances, but most of the rest on me right now don't fit into the expected policy-lynch mold.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I desire the cheesy fries.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

i really hope everybody who ends the day with their vote on krell gets killed

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Poque posted:

i really hope everybody who ends the day without their vote somewhere gets killed
I second this motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Poque posted:

Same to the ones who haven't even posted.

• Locked thread