Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flatluigi posted:

okay what does that have anything to do with it

it means you cant really accurately judge what his motives were when his death was ~48 hours before he would have expected, if he expected it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe krell wanted sick reaction.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I do think it's hosed up that Krell got to replace in because imo it's really poor form to bring back a player that someone wanted dead enough to use a kill on them.

well its supposed to be a game, and the killing should be role related not i hate that dude personally related

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

busb posted:

its okay guys panic over #########################################

##vote Lumpen

voting lumpen is never dumb. If today's lynch isn't lumpen and winvirus it is a FAILED DAY.

This is a scum post

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

well its supposed to be a game, and the killing should be role related not i hate that dude personally related

It was role related, the dude claimed scum and posted a scum list.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Who could have guessed that in a game of Mafia with 100 players there would be a vig who would kill claimed scum on day 1

:monocle:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

busb posted:

Are you still bad at lol jammytime???? YOU BIG BABY <3

No I'm still gold+ but I quit playing because I started playing CS:GO which I'm much better at

Also
##vote diqnol
Peer pressure

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

It was role related, the dude claimed scum and posted a scum list.

but his coming back has nothing to do with that hes a new player now

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

you being this pedantically defensive of him is really awful looking imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Am I still voting Krell?

Better be sure

##vote Krell

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

A kill is a kill. If I used a kill on someone that proceeded to replace back in I would be pretty pissed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jose Valasquez posted:

Who could have guessed that in a game of Mafia with 100 players there would be a vig who would kill claimed scum on day 1

On that note if any vig wants to shoot Diqnol or yuming you'll be doing a big favour.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Lid posted:

This is a scum post

:captainpop:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

A kill is a kill. If I used a kill on someone that proceeded to replace back in I would be pretty pissed.

Right but that doesn't make sense unless you are playing this game completely on a personal level and basing your kills on who you like as a person

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

thats not why he was killed and you know it

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina posted:

Am I still voting Krell?

Better be sure

##vote Krell

Should probably unvote and revote a few times, just to make sure.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Right but that doesn't make sense unless you are playing this game completely on a personal level and basing your kills on who you like as a person

Wait, we're not supposed to be doing that?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What's the point of killing someone at all if they just come back? Maybe I don't like the way they post. Maybe I think this player is impossible to read. Regardless if I kill a guy I want them to stay dead, not to come back to the game and keep talking. My 2c, I just think it's always a mistake to let a dead player replace back into a game.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JakeP posted:

It's like Quantum Leap, we have to reverse the wrongs and make them right

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

GulagDolls posted:

we must kill both diqnol and yuming, eight dollar. you must vote for the yuming.

:twisted:

Rarity posted:

8bux what do you think of yuming?

I am still reading because that's my curse in this dumb game but I liked Byer's thing on Diqnol and just got to MMM's/Chic's confirmation of Yuming's role. She could still be scum, but I just feel better with the Diq vote so far. Also I expect scum yuming to not do this much.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god who would ever play mafia with EMOTIONS

beepboop

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

god who would ever play mafia with EMOTIONS

beepboop

lovely mafia players mostly

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

Should probably unvote and revote a few times, just to make sure.

Good idea

##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

Good idea

##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell
##unvote
##vote Krell

stop

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

No I could choose to kill someone because I think they're a good player that I have trouble reading, or whatever. I could be scum and not like their opinion. I can come up with 100 reasons why someone in a Mafia game would want to kill a specific person out of the game regardless of what their role might be.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

lovely mafia players mostly

lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

As the one who killed him I don't actually mind too much cause it means we can kill him all over again :buddy:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

No I could choose to kill someone because I think they're a good player that I have trouble reading, or whatever. I could be scum and not like their opinion. I can come up with 100 reasons why someone in a Mafia game would want to kill a specific person out of the game regardless of what their role might be.

iget that

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JakeP posted:

Erm from my end 95% of the people not voting for yuming seems to be based off that they like her as a person. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and yuming is as sweet as they come, so when she is scum oh no we could never hurt a petal on her sweet tender head.

I'm half wishing I should've just targeted someone like Lumpen so that if they came back scum this wouldn't be a loving hassle.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why isnt everyone voting krell voting for asiina. she has been demonstrably worse

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

thats not why he was killed and you know it

I honestly have no idea if he would have been killed if he hadn't pretended to sabotage the game, I knew absolutely nothing about either player involved prior to this game. If I had a day kill I'd have probably killed him too. Whatever the actual reason he was killed it's not like there weren't reasons to kill him outside of whatever reputation he has outside of this game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

I honestly have no idea if he would have been killed if he hadn't pretended to sabotage the game, I knew absolutely nothing about either player involved prior to this game. If I had a day kill I'd have probably killed him too. Whatever the actual reason he was killed it's not like there weren't reasons to kill him outside of whatever reputation he has outside of this game.

but now hes back and hes a new man

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lid posted:

Erm from my end 95% of the people not voting for yuming seems to be based off that they like her as a person. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and yuming is as sweet as they come, so when she is scum oh no we could never hurt a petal on her sweet tender head.

I'm half wishing I should've just targeted someone like Lumpen so that if they came back scum this wouldn't be a loving hassle.

There is this lingering idea that gets echoed over and over that yuming is some terrible scum player who will collapse early and obviously. I think that idea in general is pretty dumb considering yuming has been playing here for years.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
People have already said this, but Krell and Lumpen votes are SO EASY and the push to policy vote them is a bucket of farts.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hey krell: since some people think that this might be the case, if you can give a well-reasoned, thought out explanation of why doing what you did n0 was something that was any sort of gambit or pro-town in the slightest I'll unvote you

convince me you're not a lovely player who doesn't care about their role and only wants to be as ~hilarious~ as possible

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Same troll, different role.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Lid posted:

Yuming murdered my once in my sleep and i have never forgiven her. Also she likes shopping (like legit would rather go shopping than do something fun) so is scum irl.

Yet i would still rather lynch lumpen, read that as you will.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JakeP posted:

but now hes back and hes a new man

and based on what I've seen from him in this game I have no reason to think that IF he is town he won't do everything in his power to gently caress over the town as much as possible just for the :lol:s so I'd rather get rid of him and be done with it instead of having him linger and end up loving the town in a more important situation than d1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

hey krell: since some people think that this might be the case, if you can give a well-reasoned, thought out explanation of why doing what you did n0 was something that was any sort of gambit or pro-town in the slightest I'll unvote you

convince me you're not a lovely player who doesn't care about their role and only wants to be as ~hilarious~ as possible

As Harold Krells attorney I object to this question. That was the old Krell before he died. The new Krell does not necessarily share the same motivation as the previoius Krell, and therefore the answer to this question is MOOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

The Ninth Layer posted:

There is this lingering idea that gets echoed over and over that yuming is some terrible scum player who will collapse early and obviously. I think that idea in general is pretty dumb considering yuming has been playing here for years.

Don't worry - in this game people were suspicious of me for my reputation of being a good player whereas in AusPol mafia I have a reputation for being a bad anti-town player. Reputations are fickle like that.

• Locked thread