Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

As Harold Krells attorney I object to this question. That was the old Krell before he died. The new Krell does not necessarily share the same motivation as the previoius Krell, and therefore the answer to this question is MOOT!

i'm going to laugh if you have no relation to krell rolewise in this game and are just being a dickwad to be a dickwad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my reputation is that i say im gay a lot in gbs

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Also, if you don't think Mafia is primarily a game of manipulating peoples emotions then :lol:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

i'm going to laugh if you have no relation to krell rolewise in this game and are just being a dickwad to be a dickwad

I object to this vulgar language, and insinuation that I am being a dickwad

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Also, if you don't think Mafia is primarily a game of manipulating peoples emotions then :lol:

I didnt say it isn't I just said a good mafia player doesnt let their emotions control their game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
bad players are emotional

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
or emotional players are bad I should say

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM

GulagDolls posted:

why isnt everyone voting krell voting for asiina. she has been demonstrably worse

Disagree, but asiina is unlikely to be lynched anyway. I'd be voting DHD if the decision were pure "whom do you think is scummiest?"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
what exactly is a wad of dicks

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JakeP posted:

I didnt say it isn't I just said a good mafia player doesnt let their emotions control their game

Find one post Krell has made since coming back that makes you legitimately think he is going to be an asset to the town in any way, or even just something that makes you think he won't be an active detriment to the town.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
jakep do you realize that your defense of krell is based purely on how you strongly feel about people voting him and not the concrete facts about him acting in a ridiculously anti-town and anti-game way

or is the irony just too much for you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

You answered your own question.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

JakeP posted:

or emotional players are bad I should say

I feel like you had some terrible trauma in your past JakeP. Robots are evil!!!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Lid posted:

Mods i'm starting to feel really loving uncomfortable over Lumpen's use of his children. This is unrelated to the game itself, this is just loving creeping me out and I'd like a ruling.

Mods here both applies to the game mod and the forum mod honestly.
Geez man, lighten up. I'm proud of my awesome adorable kids and this is a fun party game in which people often post raps and drawings and other things they make related to it. I took one minute out of our tea party in the yard to grab a 15 second clip on my phone, and took one minute to have them hold a sign I doodled before we went out to brunch yesterday. It seemed like a cute, funny idea. The SA Mafia community has always been a cool bunch who I can be Facebook friends, do Google Hangouts and docs with, and meet up with in real life. What's your problem?

My daughter knows that I am not actually going to die, and has played games in which your character "dies" before. She likes to play Minecraft with me and is not even scared of zombies, but is scared of Endermen.

If you are feigning offense/concern as Scum, you have hurt my feelings :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLNQxlQZfv4

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Right but how many dicks come in a wad like how do you quantify that

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Lumpen posted:

Geez man, lighten up. I'm proud of my awesome adorable kids and this is a fun party game in which people often post raps and drawings and other things they make related to it. I took one minute out of our tea party in the yard to grab a 15 second clip on my phone, and took one minute to have them hold a sign I doodled before we went out to brunch yesterday. It seemed like a cute, funny idea. The SA Mafia community has always been a cool bunch who I can be Facebook friends, do Google Hangouts and docs with, and meet up with in real life. What's your problem?

My daughter knows that I am not actually going to die, and has played games in which your character "dies" before. She likes to play Minecraft with me and is not even scared of zombies, but is scared of Endermen.

I thought it was cute :shobon:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lumpen posted:

God DAMNIT Lumpen,
Stop humanizing yourself it's loving with me.

Also, minecraft bros. :hfive:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lumpen posted:

She likes to play Minecraft with me and is not even scared of zombies, but is scared of Endermen.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also, endermen ARE pretty drat scary.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like how they flip out in the rain.

zip zap zoop

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Lumpen posted:

lumpen did you name your kid after me

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm naming my firstborn waar.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The w will be lower case on the birth certificate too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lumpen posted:

I apologise man, sorry. I wasn't feigning anything but in games like this I'm used to people doing some far out stuff but that stuff threw me and maybe was being a bit protective after hanging out with my nieces yesterday.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for about half a second i went 'wow why isn't waar in this game' and then i remembered

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
:(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Find one post Krell has made since coming back that makes you legitimately think he is going to be an asset to the town in any way, or even just something that makes you think he won't be an active detriment to the town.

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
:(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

if you actually read any of that instead of going "wow cool that's a bunch of words" you'd realize it said absolutely nothing except "people should try to vote correctly"

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

That is a bunch of words that say absolutely nothing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
it was inspiring

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

That is a bunch of words that say absolutely nothing.

I know because I read the whole thing because I was expecting him to claim to be scum in the middle of it assuming nobody would read it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flatluigi posted:

if you actually read any of that instead of going "wow cool that's a bunch of words" you'd realize it said absolutely nothing except "people should try to vote correctly"

thats good advice in my opinion

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
just makes me wanna get up and scream GO TOWN GO!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GulagDolls posted:

thats good advice in my opinion

yeah i'm glad he grasps the concept, things are already looking up for future improvement

maybe by 2016 he'll figure out 'tolerable player'

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if Krell gets lynched I am pardoning him just saying that now

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JakeP posted:

just makes me wanna get up and scream GO TOWN GO!

Tell me what this section means

quote:

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ahaha wait is that an actual scum claim in there

gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Can we focus here, Diqnol is going to be lynched - good. Who should be the second? Krell and Lumpen are policy lynches so lets ignore those.

Yuming I have a scum hit on, laid low for several days and then flailed for a while before Mills started fakeclaiming to save her after she'd already claimed a role (the role of which is a bit interesting and suspect, but someone else shares it so an eye should be kept on both of them) before building a case on Diqnol who had been cheerleading gleefully that yuming was going to be lynched because they're an idiot.

Winvirus is the other given the double effect of a policy lynch and claiming third party openly and before they stopped posting being specific in going to be using their role as anti-town. This is close to the Krell and Lumpen cases honestly but at least with the role claim its a bit meatier.

Honestly and objectively I don't see how the second strongest argument besides Diqnol is still not Yuming. Getting rid of them both solves a lot of issues in the game and, as said, multiple scum teams are all but assured in this game so "well they cased scum therefore can't be scum" is as invalid as "well they investigated scum so they're 100% scum" but there is no true alternative in this case. The best course of action is Diqnol and Yuming.

• Locked thread