Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Ablett gets the last laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Volkerball posted:

Picken is still playing and I don't think that Ablett has ever beaten him.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Gough Suppressant posted:

you'd think the suspension might see him out of the comp if it's the whole season

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If they give him 12 months (which would seems lenient considering Saad got 18 for a positive test) he's out all this year. Anything more than that and he's gone for two seasons due to not being able to be drafted again this year.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If they give him 12 months (which would seems lenient considering Saad got 18 for a positive test) he's out all this year. Anything more than that and he's gone for two seasons due to not being able to be drafted again this year.

Also if he's breaking down to the point where he's needing extra painkillers, he may look at keeping fit through the year and another full preseason before even getting an opportunity to play in a side likely in decline and say gently caress it

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
If/when he is suspended its back dated to September when Freo were knocked out of the finals, as he took some early plea that doesn't admit guilt but gets the clock ticking immediately, hence he won't play until a decision is made.

If he gets more than a 6 month ban I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the pin anyway.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gabensraum posted:

Hey did you hear, Carlton narrowly beat Collingwood in a practice match, will win the premiership.

This happened on my doorstep and I had no idea until I walked into the postoffice today. 10k people there, it was a great success apparently.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Volkerball posted:

Robert Shirley retired unbeaten :colbert:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Jesus Christ now they're sending me "Gough, Be More Than A Fan In 2015!"

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
2 emails in a day should count as harassment imo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Unsolicited sales attempts. Sort of like onselling asbestos.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Sort of like onselling asbestos.

That'd only apply to a demons/saints/tigers membership attempt imo

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

That'd only apply to a demons/saints/tigers membership attempt imo

They told me it was hope but instead it was a slow and painful death. :(

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jose Romero's son is lining up for Calder Cannons this year as an underage player. That's usually a good sign for a player if they're playing TAC cup the year before they're eligible to be drafted correct?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Jose Romero's son is lining up for Calder Cannons this year as an underage player. That's usually a good sign for a player if they're playing TAC cup the year before they're eligible to be drafted correct?

Sure as gently caress doesn't hurt. Means you're less likely to be getting someone who just bullies kids of their own age and can't match up against bigger bodies(jack watts)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

2 emails in a day should count as harassment imo

If just two emails constitutes harassment, what on earth does the endless stream of posts before, during and after Melbourne games come under?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

If just two emails constitutes harassment, what on earth does the endless stream of posts before, during and after Melbourne games come under?

Emotional abuse

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

I will argue in court that you voluntarily coming to the forum constitutes solicitation of correspondence.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm keen on learning some video editing skills so I'm planning on doing a season highlights package for Melbourne this year and then putting it on Vine

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Jesus Christ now they're sending me "Gough, Be More Than A Fan In 2015!"

Are they inviting you to go play for them or something? Could go all Setanta on Mitch at training.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

thepokey posted:

Are they inviting you to go play for them or something? Could go all Setanta on Mitch at training.

Don't be silly. The list is fine, they are clearly ask him to help out with the coaching

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

I'm keen on learning some video editing skills so I'm planning on doing a season highlights package for Melbourne this year and then putting it on Vine

you might have to slow the framerate

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
holy poo poo

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
uh, what. visiting a mate maybe?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-16/ben-cousins-apprehended-inside-sas-barracks-in-perth/6321826

quote:

Ben Cousins caught inside secure perimeter of Perth's SAS barracks

Updated about 2 hours ago

Former AFL star Ben Cousins has been caught by police inside the secure facility of Perth's Special Air Service Regiment.

The 36-year-old was found inside the SAS Campbell Barracks in Swanbourne on Saturday night, but it is not known why he was there.

Cousins was taken to hospital, where he is believed to have undergone assessment at a mental health ward.
This was after the slow speed chase last week.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Ben Cousins seriously needs help

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
He's cooked

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Starting on a short and small project will be a good foundation upon which you can build your skills

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

omg is it really him

has my messiah returned

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We could start a footy team and also call it GWS, Goons Win Spoons.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I went down to the AFL 9s near my house on Wednesday. It's supposed to be a fun, friendly comp for local people just wanting a nice casual kick. Mixed teams, light contact, reduced ground size, etc.

Saverio Rocca turned up and kicked 8.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

I went down to the AFL 9s near my house on Wednesday. It's supposed to be a fun, friendly comp for local people just wanting a nice casual kick. Mixed teams, light contact, reduced ground size, etc.

AFL 9s sucks rear end.

Well, it sucks rear end coming from playing actual local footy. Otherwise Im sure its good and fine.

Basically,
games are way too short (two 15 minute halves)
The turnover rule doesnt reward any kind of defensive play at all
Ball is a floaty light POS that is hard to kick accuratly
Umpires umpire varying rules at their discretion (just like AFL!)
9 is too many players for the field size (50x100metres). 7 is far better from when we had team members not show up.

Ive heard of an AFL7s game that is played someplace or another that fixes basically all these issues but no idea where.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

hiddenmovement posted:

He was probably in the back line too

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hiddenmovement posted:

That sounds like something Fev would do.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Corzaa posted:

That sounds like something Fev would do.

Fev always struck me as a dickhead, but not that kind of dickhead.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Nutsngum posted:

AFL 9s sucks rear end.

Well, it sucks rear end coming from playing actual local footy. Otherwise Im sure its good and fine.

Basically,
games are way too short (two 15 minute halves)
The turnover rule doesnt reward any kind of defensive play at all
Ball is a floaty light POS that is hard to kick accuratly
Umpires umpire varying rules at their discretion (just like AFL!)
9 is too many players for the field size (50x100metres). 7 is far better from when we had team members not show up.

Ive heard of an AFL7s game that is played someplace or another that fixes basically all these issues but no idea where.

i agree about the ball. it really holds up in the air as well, you really have to adjust your short kicking style

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

i agree about the ball. it really holds up in the air as well, you really have to adjust your short kicking style

I never got the hang of it. I would try a short pass that shot over their heads or try and hit it long and the thing just carried in the air as you said.

I mean, I understand not using a match ball for safety.. but its like a toy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Fev always struck me as a dickhead, but not that kind of dickhead.
He's broke as gently caress but seems pretty happy playing for Yarrawonga.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

I never got the hang of it. I would try a short pass that shot over their heads or try and hit it long and the thing just carried in the air as you said.

I mean, I understand not using a match ball for safety.. but its like a toy.

I'm pretty sure that's the point just as much as the lack of "ow I got hit in the face with a sherrin" factor. They specifically want a ball that you can't kick long with because of the reduced dimensions of the field

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I'm pretty sure that's the point just as much as the lack of "ow I got hit in the face with a sherrin" factor. They specifically want a ball that you can't kick long with because of the reduced dimensions of the field

You cant "kick" it long but the ball is light as gently caress and any sort of wind will carry it a good 20 extra meters. It was quite easy to go out of bounds with it.

Complaining about the weight of my balls here.

Meanwhile gently caress AFL9s, local footy is back and I've already destroyed my neck headbutting a guy trying to smother his kick in our first practice match. Oh footy, how I have missed thee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Cut up the first half of the nab challenge game last night. Got five minutes or so of highlights, and that was being fairly generous. Including passages of decent ball movement, good contested marks, spoils, intercepts, tackles, loose ball gets etc.

Cut everything into clips and then tagged the poo poo out of them: player names, goal, kick, handball, pass, pressure, spoil, mark etc so I can edit them in various ways later on eg easily compile a video of Tom McDonald's marking contests or whatever.

Took me between an hour and a half and two hours, which wasn't bad for a first pass, should get quicker as I familiarise myself with how much lead time you need on VLCs record feature, had to re-record some stuff a bunch of times because I kept missing the start of a play. I think I can probably maintain that sort of time commitment if I stay on top of it each week through the season.

• Locked thread