Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

One day you idiots are going to learn about Time Zones.

Yeah guys, what's for dinner is in the exotic time zone of Melbourne .

Back off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

thatbastardken posted:

hey thread im a little drunk right now so uhhhh

##unvote

decisions ar hard

Channel your drunkenness like a monk, striking with unexpected force. Let the way of the Drunken Fist guide you to true insight.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah guys, what's for dinner is in the exotic time zone of Melbourne .

Back off.

really? I thought he was a nite crew import, my baaaaaad

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Eh, he can try to demonize me with old citations but anyone who actually reads properly know how quick I am at correcting myself so most of that is just volcanic slur which I can ignore.

You guys want a better town player? Maybe you should stop killing me like this. You can't teach a dead dog new tricks.

You don't have to alive in mafia to learn. You don't even have to be playing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Channel your drunkenness like a monk, striking with unexpected force. Let the way of the Drunken Fist guide you to true insight.

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

:boom:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

really? I thought he was a nite crew import, my baaaaaad

Nah man. Maybe he's posted there once or twice, but I'm pretty sure he's one of your dudes.

Just me and bees from the ol' Nicru.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Generally good points, well made too. My posting style has been different every game I've been in though so it's always baffling when people try to point to any kind of consistency.

Your posting is always very white bread though.

Today you're more like a cheese and bacon roll.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

thatbastardken posted:

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

:boom:

The important thing is that you tried. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also the girlfriend woke up too sick to go on the plane so we are going to have to walk away from a flight to Berlin, Paul Simon & Sting tickets, a hotel room for our anniversary, two dinners with close mates, and if we want to salvage the Vienna portion of our trip we will have to buy a whole new flight for €140. Which all would be just something lovely you write off if I hadn't spent the past week telling her to stop loving around and go actually sleep

Go find a random and take them with you. She can stay and rest.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also the girlfriend woke up too sick to go on the plane so we are going to have to walk away from a flight to Berlin, Paul Simon & Sting tickets, a hotel room for our anniversary, two dinners with close mates, and if we want to salvage the Vienna portion of our trip we will have to buy a whole new flight for €140. Which all would be just something lovely you write off if I hadn't spent the past week telling her to stop loving around and go actually sleep

sever

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

apparently doesn't suck nearly as much as the boredom she would have had to have faced by going to bed without being sleepy!

You're obviously a dud root. Hth

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommofork posted:

You don't have to alive in mafia to learn. You don't even have to be playing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

in fact if you don't play at all you have won the greatest victory

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

...delicious with vegemite?

tbk, drunkvoting day 1 is never not a good idea.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nah man. Maybe he's posted there once or twice, but I'm pretty sure he's one of your dudes.

Just me and bees from the ol' Nicru.

Is nite crew the anime one?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

Go find a random and take them with you. She can stay and rest.

pick me

Matthew Beet posted:

You're obviously a dud root. Hth

nevermind

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

all crews are anime

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah it's Matoi's crew

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

Amongst other topics, yes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mithranderp posted:

...delicious with vegemite?

tbk, drunkvoting day 1 is never not a good idea.

... gonna have to try this.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

yeah it's Matoi's crew

Literally every crew is Matoi's crew, he posts in every crew.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

What does this even meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Splode posted:

pick me

nevermind

lol

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

What does this even meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean

It means he gets results you stupid chief

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amongst other topics, yes.

##vote old Dirty Cumburgs

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

##vote old Dirty Cumburgs

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Tommofork posted:

... gonna have to try this.

I should also add that you should apply liberal amounts of butter with the vegemite.

Hercule: just as insightful and powerful as your posting, ODC

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Chicken schnitzel in a cheese and bacon roll instead of a plain roll.

Try it.

It's like sex with the lights on.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

Try it.

Confronting, confusing and ultimately terrifying?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

Try it.

disappointing?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mithranderp posted:

I should also add that you should apply liberal amounts of butter with the vegemite.

Ooooh, oh. Vegemite on butter makes just about anything great.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

Thank you, it is an honor.

I'm still fairly confident in my vote, for fairly simple reasons. I suspect Anidav (because, well, Anidav is suspicious) and I feel Beet was fairly uncharacteristically supportive of Anidav's roundabout arguments.

Perhaps I'm not correct, but it's probably the strongest feeling I have right now, save for whatever gut feelings I have about Gaspy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thank you, it is an honor.

I'm still fairly confident in my vote, for fairly simple reasons. I suspect Anidav (because, well, Anidav is suspicious) and I feel Beet was fairly uncharacteristically supportive of Anidav's roundabout arguments.

Perhaps I'm not correct, but it's probably the strongest feeling I have right now, save for whatever gut feelings I have about Gaspy.

I wasn't supporting anidav at all, I was suggesting that people on an anidav train warrant a closer look.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

I wasn't supporting anidav at all, I was suggesting that people on an anidav train warrant a closer look.

People pushing an easy lynch should be treated suspiciously? What pearls of wisdom do fall from your glistening lips.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Okay I'm back behind my trusty desktop. To just put it plain; I really don't like starting every mafia game like its Groundhog Day. It's really hard to get out of.

I'm starting to get used to the longer day, there's no rush and it seems to maybe prevent the Small Keating effect(If eventually evidenced). I find three points of value on this day thus far:

1. Gaspy appears to be trying his hardest to be crew posting. Beet and Bif think this is a scum tell(maybe?) but few appear to be willing to cast a vote on it as of yet. I also think it appears suss but it's also just as possible that Gaspy needs a day or two to revv up his talents and scum hunt with a traditional bloodthirst.

2. I hosed up, the Awful Android App is awful for Mafia because it lacks tabs and various advanced features. I retract and apologise for improperly defining the play style of busb in a prior game. What I was trying to get at is from looking at it again that the play style of busb was popping in, making a few sane posts and then popping out. I would title it a Town by Day, Scum by Night manoeuvre. This is something we should all add to our Pokedexes of Scum Playstyles.

3. Bifauxnen's posting style has devolved from a somewhat analytical manner to posting giggles and appears to remain as the only poster posting about previous games. She might be busy with real life things but that's my interpretation.

In fact a common theme with Auspol games is that real life things causing posting infrequencies sets off scumdars so I'm really hoping the longer days make for a more accurate lynching style rather than the usual 1 hour till deadline snowball that happens in rush hour traffic.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man there's a bunch of weird or lazy junk flying around here. Just keep at it you guys, and I'll vote again tomorrow for whichever sounds the worst. I'm going to shut up for a while now so if Gaspy tries another gambit I don't spoil it by laughing the whole time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

People pushing an easy lynch should be treated suspiciously? What pearls of wisdom do fall from your glistening lips.

Well it seems to be a difficult concept to grasp.

Your post on style has changed again btw. Had some time to incorporate some teaching coaching feedback?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

Asphyxious posted:

I assume that Beet refers to the potential for scum to take advantage of the general anti-dav sentiment and getting in on a convenient bandwagon day one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I don't get it, maybe it's because I study Public Relations and Advertising but my definition of feedback is completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Well it seems to be a difficult concept to grasp.

Your post on style has changed again btw. Had some time to incorporate some teaching coaching feedback?

Geheheheheh! I am the dark master of posting! Just when you think you've got a grasp on me- otoh! a different angle.

• Locked thread