Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Ice burrrn!

Previously:

(Chapter 7: This calamity is known as the Collapse)

This was once a prosperous town. It was centered around the Remnant of Peace, the Rubber Soul.
Was there a war?
No. The one the Remnant was bound to passed away. The world is filled with countless Remnants. No two look alike or share the same power. However, they all have one thing in common. ... When a Remnant is not bound to a soul, it calls forth disastrous misfortune. This calamity is known as the Collapse.

(Chapter 17: Talk about an epic failure!)

Qsiti Advisor: Baaluk is currently without a lord. The two sons of the previous lord do nothing but argue over who is more fit for the position… The closest we’ve got to a ruler is Wyngale. He’s protected this town for a long time. But without a lord, who knows when there might be a Collapse?
Elder Lord Candidate: The next leader of Baaluk is gonna be me! My little brother’s such an idiot he tried milking bulls! Like I’m gonna leave Baaluk to him!
Younger Lord Candidate: I-I’m going to be the next ruler of Baaluk… I hope! My older brother is too hot-headed… I-I don’t want to leave the Brimslabus to him!

Town legend says there was some terrible monster running wild, but the Imperator took the Remnant and sealed it in that very spot. ‘Course, that was hundreds of years ago… If’n there’s any truth to it, I sure ain’t the one to tell. Only half-believe it myself, actually.

Okay, we are actually done with Balterossan quests now, ahead of schedule.

What should I focus my training on? Alas, it is too much for me to even select a single maid to lay my affections on…
Combat arts, for sure!
Combat, hm? I suppose I am a bit of a swashbuckler.

An easy choice, as he has no mystics to speak of.

- Video: Rare Monster Malevolence

On the island across the sand whirlpool, I found this unique Jhana Magus called Malevolence. Nothing really remarkable about it.

Alright, that big chest has tempted me long enough, now I’m finally going to reach out and grab it with both hands.

Oh, nice. That’s a good sword, but I really like the 10,000 G more.

I stopped by here to refill my herbs after that really long battle. If you are playing this yourself, some good advice: try to make this such a routine that you do it automatically. You do not want to run out in the middle of a tough fight.

A couple updates ago, we did “The Trade Route” sidequest, exploring a path from the Gaslin Caves to the Great Sand Sea. One side effect of that is that Martha’s shop is now open for business. Before, Martha was complaining about it hard to get supplies. She sells accessories. Okay, moving on to the meat of the update…

That’s one big thingee.

There are two unique-looking people in The Rift now.

- Quest Video: “The Losing Game”

What?
Nah nah, don't run off. The stink of blood is the aroma of life! It ain't a bad thing.
Uh, sure, whatever you say…
Say, kid, howzabout we play a little game? Or are ya too much of a papangu to have some fun?
What kind of game?
Sweet. Here's how it works: you go to the Great Sand Sea, and ya crunch Grand Beetles, 'til you get the Bloodsoaked Sword. If you can bring me back that sword, I'll give you something real nice. See?
That doesn’t sound too hard…
Told ya it was easy! Oh, and if you can't find it? Then I'm gonna kill ya! So, whaddaya say? Yer up for my little challenge, right?"
Wha... no!
Wha-a-at? And you call yourself a man? Bawwwk-bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk!

That decision was assuredly for the best, young Sykes.
… I’m going back.
What.

Ohh, lookie here, it’s the chicken boy. What, you finally grow some nards?
I am too a man!
The game is simple: before time’s up, you go to the Great Sand Sea and kill Grand Beetles 'til you get the Bloodsoaked Sword. Bring me back that sword, and I'll give you somethin’good. Don’t bring it back, and I find you? I’ll take somethin’ from you instead – your life. Simple, huh? So, gonna do it this time? Or wimp out again?
I am all over this!
Rush… why?
Attaboy, that's the spirit! Time's up once I get sick of waiting for you to come back. Go kick rear end, kid!
Unbelievable…
Really? Because I believe it.
I used to have a buddy called Marty. He used to flip out when people called him chicken too. I buried all the bits of him that I could find.

Accepted quest: The Losing Game

This shady guy came up to me and dared me to get a Bloodsoaked Sword from a Grand Beetle in the Great Sand Sea. Piece of cake!

This seems simple enough… but of course there’s a little catch to it. See that big black beetle over there? That is not a Grand Beetle. That is a Terrapest. Same family, different critter. It (probably?) won’t drop the Bloodsoaked sword. For this quest, Great Beetles are in very short supply. There are only about 3-4 of them in the entire map at most.

This map. …Happy hunting.

learned Nimble Resonance Edge II!

But no sword. While there is a random chance to get it from any Grand Beetle, only one beetle is guaranteed to drop it.

Naturally, it’s halfway across the map.

In this pit near the “5” pillar.

Obtained Bloodsoaked Sword!
Bloodsoaked Sword: A crimson-colored sword, soaked in the blood of its victims. It is always on the hunt for new prey.

WHAT?!
What're ya looking at me like that for? We agreed the time limit was whenever I got tired of waiting for your slow rear end. Be faster next time!
We did try to warn you, Rush
Oh wait, there won't be one! Ice burrrrn! Say your prayers, kid! Next stop for you is six feet under!
I won't let bullies like you get in my way!
...Psych! Haw haw haw, you shoulda seen your face! You're lucky, kid - until the old man gets stuff started, I'm off the clock. I'll let you go for now. Get ready to put up a fight next time, eh? Ah, and here ya go, just like I promised. Fight ya later!
Obtained Ves Salia!
Completed quest: The Losing Game

It looks like I lost the dare... But the guy gave a raincheck on that killing me stuff. Weird guy... Says he'll see me later--not if I see him first!

Ves Salia - A red stone known as the roc's fang.

This is another one of the Salia Stones! Awesome!

Salia Count: 4.
That’s four out of the nine that are useful to solve Royotia’s volcano problem. We can actually do that quest as soon as you have three of them (the third one was from Hannah), but I’ll be getting all nine before doing it, because naturally that produces a better result. Sort-of.

We also keep the Bloodsoaked Sword, although it’s not an equippable item. Let’s go talk to the other red-bubble guy.

- Quest Video: “Frustrations”

Yes, yes, yes! It has to be slain!
What kind of monster?
Why hello, traveler! What monster, you ask? There's a monster called Validus in the Vale of the Gods... It's causing quite a ruckus!
It's never acted this way before...
But it's acting this way now! A bunch of travelers have already been found - all in bits and pieces!

Come with me to take care of Validus! If we don't, who knows what'll happen to Baaluk...
I'm game!
I knew I could count on you! Let's be off!
If you insist on doing this, I wish you luck. Be careful out there.
Accepted quest: Frustrations

Let's teach it a lesson!
A guest union has joined the party.
Seems like some monster called Validus is making trouble in the Vale of the Gods. Me and Leshau've gotta do something about it.

Leshau is a Mystic arts user – and he has better INT than David, Loki, and Nora, even though we’ve been levelling them for ages. He is the first one to have Hexes, although Loki will pick them up fairly soon. His arts are not that impressive right now, though.

Appropriately enough, we start out at the Baaluk side of the Vale of the Gods. This isn’t always the case – for instance in the Lavafender quest to meet the Flame Guardian, we started out on the Great Sand Sea side.

I don’t like it. It’s too quiet.
Something must have scared off the local monsters.
Be on your guard, everyone!

Mission: Defeat Validus!

Let me tell you right now. This fight is a BITCH. I might have hyped up “The Ancient War” as being a really tough fight - and it was – but this was harder. There might have been complaints about “The Ancient War” being too boring, but watch the full video and the blooper videos, and I think you’ll see that this fight was not at all one you can take lightly.

- Boss Blooper Video: Validus Failure 1
- Boss Blooper Video: Validus Failure 2

The Mantroskylo dragon had Vulcanbreath, but was otherwise unthreatening. Validus has two high-damage AoE attacks that can one-shot your entire party, plus some other nasty stuff too.

I learned to NEVER have all of my unions deadlocking him – that’s just asking for trouble.

- Boss Video: Validus (Success)

Validus is a Spiritlord-type enemy, which means that he will cast Curse on any union that attacks him on the first turn. So everyone is just going to sit on their hands and let him pick one of us to Raidlock.

Confuse is good because it can paralyze an enemy, sealing their combat arts. Gabriel gets KO’ed from the curse. Leshau goes to attack, but resists the Curse anyway.

You’ll find no fitter opponent than I!
I shall claim the reward!

I order Rush to Addle the boss, to lower its morale, and David’s Division will cast Double Time to boost the speed of a union. But this command here is the interesting one. It wasn’t present in the Xbox version.

Dispirit is a medium-high level Hex, which does a bunch of damage and lowers morale.

Addle is a mid-level Psionic which lowers morale. Torgal gets KO’ed from the curse. David boosts Leshau and Rush’s union’s speeds, but that probably won’t help Rush, because here comes Emma’s union…

Nice move!
drat it…

On your feet!
Like the glorious phoenix, I have been reborn!

There’s no way to remove the Cursed status, so the command “Cure then even if it kills them” cuts Gordian’s Knot by simply having your own party kill the cursed union and then immediately resurrecting them. It’s an instant kill, it doesn’t matter how much damage your union actually does or how much HP the cursed union has.

This is a good trade-off, since Curse lasts for three turns. It’s especially good versus Spiritlords, since they can only cast the curse once.

I have Rush’s newly up, but wounded union cast Bluff, because I really want to get that morale bar swinging the other way in this fight: You take extra damage when your morale is low, and I can’t afford that. Emma’s union has plenty of AP so she’ll do a full attack.

Mana Well is an enemy-only spell that boosts their own AP. On the one hand, this is good because it gives you a breather turn. On the other hand, this is bad because they’re likely planning to do something pretty powerful and nasty to spend all that AP on.

Attaboy, Rush. You got that morale up just in time, too…

Because Acidbreath is one of those “full party wipe” skills this prick has. The “Total Damage” meter only counts damage done to the targeted union, so it can be different for other unions still in the AoE. Emma thankfully escaped largely because she was not yet in deadlock with the boss.

Gandiva is a bizzare attack. The Spiritlord calls down a rain of arrows that do mild-moderate damage. What?

I need to get the other unions on their feet ASAP. Leshau comes in handy as a roadblock to hold Validus in place, so Emma will avoid getting Raidlocked.

There goes our roadblock and morale.

I still have two unions down. Now a lot of the time, my strategy here would be to send both my unions to resurrect someone else. But from my previous experience with it, which went badly, I don’t dare try that here. I need one union (Emma’s) to keep Validus busy while the other one goes to resurrect one union at a time.

It doesn’t hurt if the attacking union is at full health and is eager to unleash a devastating full-power attack.

Rush will bring back Leshau, and Emma will continue to press the attack. David will hang back to heal anyone who needs it, because I want to play it safe.

This is the other full-party wipe move it has. Luckily, Emma was the only union deadlocked with Validus. I really need morale-decreasing moves.

Luckily, this only hit Rush’s union – and not at full power, either. Rush will break off to heal himself, David will bring back Emma, and Leshau will make himself useful as the sacrifice.

Another little detail I like. Battles in the water have units splashing through it. The game is pretty good at remembering where you are in the overworld map when plopping you into the battlefield. The Vale of the Gods is mostly ankle-deep in water, but there are a few dry areas, and if you fight a battle in one of them, the ground there is indeed dry.

Good, I need the morale boost. David will save Leshau no matter what, Emma will heal herself.

I considered for a moment whether I wanted the big damage of Omnistrike or the slight morale boost of Addle, and went with Omnistrike, but if it had been Bluff, I might have gone with that instead.

Probably a good call.

I break my one rule for this fight and go all in with attacks, because my medium morale means I can probably tank the damage and survive.

And we do.

Bloody… hell…

Okay, now I do NOT want to finish the boss on this turn, I want Emma’s union alive so they can get XP.

So I deliberately miss this QTE, because I don’t want a critical to happen.

There’s a world of difference between normal, low and high morale. I order both Rush and David’s unions to bring Emma back, to guarantee she will be up before the boss goes down.

Ack! Nowhere to run!

Here’s what’s happening here: Evocation attacks like Mystic Missile are all long-range spells, you can use them from outside of deadlock. But using long-range spells leaves you vulnerable to get Raidlocked.

Leshau is dead, but he’s the only one, and guest unions don’t gain stats, so this is good enough.

learned Maledict!
learned Vivification Herb II!
learned Restore IV!
class changed to Expert Healer!
class changed to Expert Cavalier!
learned Life Powder!
learned Mighty Double Strike II!

I'm seriously beat. Now that Baaluk is safe, we can take out sweet time getting back to town.
Validus is toast! Leshau told me to take a break.

I'm still trying to catch my breath. Give me a minute.

You can now roam the area for a little while to harvest stuff, I guess, but I just talked to him to go back to town.

Alrighty! Time to go home.

…Something’s different.

Younger Lord Candidate: Some Academy guys came out of nowhere and...
The Brimuslabus was stolen. Baaluk is done for...
Everything's fine! A Collapse was coming. Baaluk has been saved from disaster!
It is true that the Brimuslabus hasn't been bound to anyone since its last keeper passed away...
Elder Lord Candidate: What? That's your reason? I've been telling you all this time, make me the ruler so I could bind the Brimuslabus to myself!
Younger Lord Candidate: N-no way! You just want to use it to expand your domain! I should be the one to...
Elder Lord Candidate: A clown like yourself can't bring prosperity to Baaluk!

That's why I asked the Academy to take the Brimuslabus away. Neither of you are fit to be the lord! And with the Collapse...! The Remnant brings ill fortune to Baaluk. Ridding the town of it was the best move. We don't need a Remnant or a lord for this town to flourish!
Elder Lord Candidate: What did you do...?
Younger Lord Candidate: I think Leshau has a point...
No Remnant. No lord. How can you be certain we'll be fine?
I know we will! We just all have to work together!
So you just used us to clear a path for the Academy dudes?
Rush, I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you about what I was planning. Please, take this as an apology and a reward for saving Baaluk from danger.
Reward: 30000 G
Sweet bribe!
Perhaps you're right. If we all work together... You must show people how it's done, Leshau! You must set an example.
Of course! I'll do anything for this town! Rush, if you ever need me, go to the guild!
Completed quest: Frustrations

With Validus gone, the Brimuslabus was handed over to the Academy. Hope this means Baaluk's safe!

I’m worried – real worried. Sure hope the town legend is nothing more than a fancy bedtime story.

See the “Previously On” section for the town legend he’s worried about.

Or perhaps, it has. Perhaps it has prevented Him from awakening. That would indeed be a blessing.
Say, aren’t you the guy who was supposed to keep watch over the Brimslaubus? How’d you miss the Academy dudes coming in and swiping it?
Hmph…

Well, on this slightly ominous note, we’ll pick up our new party member.

Leshau

A young adventurer, deeply concerned about Baaluk's future. Naïve, but dedicated.

Class: Marksman
Initial BR: BR 25
HP: (427)
Str / Int: (22 / 36)

Current Arts
  • Evocations: (Mystic Missile II, Flash Arrow)
  • Hexes: (Poison Gas)
Future Arts
  • Psionics @ BR 33
  • Potions @ BR 44
  • Arcana: Whiteout, Animalcule

Comments
Recruitable after completing his quest. He’s the second dedicated magic-user, and the earliest character to learn Psionics. He’d make a good fit in a union of Mystics.

Tags: Mystic, Psionics , Arcana

By popular request of Loki and Nora, Leshau will be sitting on our bench for the moment. There’s no pressing need to have Leshau in the party anyway – he has no further sidequests for us. We’ve picked him up a few levels early which is good, but with him sitting on the bench, that will probably go to waste. It can’t really be helped, as having too many mystic unions is not that helpful compared to physical unions. That is largely because most of the tougher enemies and battles in the game are single-unit unions, and mystics are better at hitting multiple units and unions.

In a fresh game, you only really want to recruit people you intend to use, because the money adds up. I have little need to worry about money, though, so I’m recruiting them, if only to fill out their parameter bonuses.

Sorry I kinda tricked ya into helping Baaluk. But I really appreciate the help, honest!

New Arts Summary
learned:
  • Nimble Resonance Edge II!
  • Maledict!
learned Vivification Herb II!
learned Restore IV!
class changed to Expert Healer!
class changed to Expert Cavalier!
learned Life Powder!
learned Mighty Double Strike II!

Rare Monster Malevolence
Quest: “The Losing Game”
Quest: “Frustrations”
Boss Blooper: Validus Failure 1
Boss Blooper: Validus Failure 2
Boss: Validus (Success)

Since some people don’t really seem to know what to comment on, I’m going to borrow Feinne’s gimmick for his LP and ask leading questions at the end of updates.

Discussion question: So, what consequences will turning over the Brimslabus to the Academy (and hence, Duke Hermiein) have?

Also, in this update, I hid something. It’ll be obvious if you find it. Next time, there will be a brief stop into Elysion, and then we’ll visit some brand new areas. Time permitting, we may even have a sidequest in one of them, too.

Next Time: I hope that next time you wash your hands, at least.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Curse looks obnoxious. Which is fitting, sure, but still.

Also, is Leshau really naive if he's the only guy in town to realize the city's situation is messed and neither guy that wants the job can handle it?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 6, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
After watching the Mantroslyko and Validus success videos I have a bit better understanding of the combat.
Not a fan of not being able to choose economical actions for everyone but I guess that's part of the game.

ANYWAY:

Leshau's pretty naive because while his solution to the Lord Brother's problem was novel it's opened up a big can of worms. While a Collapse would be pretty bad I imagine that whatever's sealed by the Remnant to be at least AS bad so he's exchanging one calamity for another.
Plus now that the Remnant's gone he's rid the town of it's psychological security blanket. Why live in a place without a Remnant when you can live in a place with one and be safe from all of the crazy monsters and such in the world?

There's also the genuine threat provided by said beasties. One of which Leshau died like three times just fought against. His ideal of 'No Remnant or Lord to make the town flourish!' is him taking the Remnant for granted.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

EponymousMrYar posted:

After watching the Mantroslyko and Validus success videos I have a bit better understanding of the combat.
Not a fan of not being able to choose economical actions for everyone but I guess that's part of the game.

ANYWAY:

Leshau's pretty naive because while his solution to the Lord Brother's problem was novel it's opened up a big can of worms. While a Collapse would be pretty bad I imagine that whatever's sealed by the Remnant to be at least AS bad so he's exchanging one calamity for another.
Plus now that the Remnant's gone he's rid the town of it's psychological security blanket. Why live in a place without a Remnant when you can live in a place with one and be safe from all of the crazy monsters and such in the world?

There's also the genuine threat provided by said beasties. One of which Leshau died like three times just fought against. His ideal of 'No Remnant or Lord to make the town flourish!' is him taking the Remnant for granted.

Oh who's going to listen to the crazy Sovani talking about something being sealed that's just an urban legend right?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

With a Collapse threatening to blow the place up at any time and a pair of doofuses who can't stop throwing mud at each other to get the job done, I imagine no one does.

Truly he shall be the next town lord for he will have heralded the End of Baaluk! Assuming he doesn't die in the process.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Legends of a sealed beast? Rename the town "Giant Monster Chow."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sovani are absurdly long-lived. If some mysterious taciturn sovani who has been around for since before everyone else in the town was born starts making vague predictions of doom, he probably knows what he is talking about. Hell, he was likely present when whatever it was was sealed.

But anyway, the academy took a giant unbound remnant? Exactly how does that work? Also, if all remnants remaining unbound cause dire consequences, what exactly is up with all of the treasure chests which are remnants for no particular reason?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 6, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Sovani are absurdly long-lived. If some mysterious taciturn sovani who has been around for since before everyone else in the town was born starts making vague predictions of doom, he probably knows what he is talking about. Hell, he was likely present when whatever it was was sealed.

But anyway, the academy took a giant unbound remnant? Exactly how does that work? Also, if all remnants remaining unbound cause dire consequences, what exactly is up with all of the treasure chests which are remnants for no particular reason?

well one explanation is that the different types of remnants have different reactions to no one binding them. On the other hand, another explanation could be all the monsters in every dungeon

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Screw it. No gods, no monsters! Leshau is thinking more clearly than the guys who need the Brimuslabus as a woobie. A dedicated defense can destroy monsters. Our party proved it. Relying on the Remnants is a bad choice, since one must always be bound or it will cause a catastrophe just as likely to destroy the town as any beast. What happened with the Rubber Soul demonstrates this. Plus, as we learned early on, binding a Remnant exacts a price on whomever bound it. Why turn your leader into a sacrifice? This isn't a town out in the desert, reliant on Tao Tie to keep the oasis flowing.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I really love one consequence of the quest, but I can't talk about it because ~spoilers~. It just shows how much care the devs put into the game.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Lotish posted:

Curse looks obnoxious. Which is fitting, sure, but still.

Also, is Leshau really naive if he's the only guy in town to realize the city's situation is messed and neither guy that wants the job can handle it?

He's probably not the only guy to see that but he's the only one to go for such a drastic solution.

I don't have an answer about the consequences but I have a question about the means. Who came from the academy to lift that remnant and tuck it in their backpack to trek back home? Can't have been a second stringer but might not actually have been from the academy. I'm not imagining any mages in particular, or their friends.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. It seems to me that Remnant retrieval would be an ordeal that would be hard to miss. Like a road-works.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
This goaded me into restarting the game a few weeks ago, after having it floating around my Steam library for years. It's gone much faster, having some idea what the hell I'm doing. I'm way past the LP at this point so I haven't been saying anything lest I forget what's been shown or become an obnoxious hint-dropper.

I have to echo all the little labor-of-love signs put into the game, which frankly makes the non-combat animations kind of puzzling. The voicework is often great and so far never less than decent and they spent time making some major improvements to the PC port, so I have to wonder what chain of circumstances lead to one of the most hilariously terrible walk cycles I've ever seen. Characters don't walk in cutscenes, they schlepp in some shoulder-actuated fashion never before seen in bipeds. That and the awkward, endlessly looping hand gestures (I'm looking at you, Torgal) tend to undercut the moment a bit.

Also, I'm not sure if it's the camera angle or the textures or the lighting or the facial animation or what, but sometimes Rush appears to have a massive, Goofy-esque overbite. I can't complain about that, though, it just seems so appropriate.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I plan on having the next major update be the lore/legends/backstory/etc. collection. No firm ETA, but it shouldn't be too hard to put together, as I'll just be going through previous updates and copying out the appropriate text/images, and adding some clarifying comments. It depends on how much time I'll have.

I have material recorded for probably two more updates, after one of those, I'll have a vote on a thing or two.

EponymousMrYar posted:

I think it's supposed to simplify combat decision-making. It's already challenging when you only have 5 unions to make decisions for. Trying to decide the actions of 18 individual units would make the already-long battles take even longer. This game is less about picking the perfect decision for each union and more about deciding which of the available actions would be better.

EponymousMrYar posted:

While a Collapse would be pretty bad I imagine that whatever's sealed by the Remnant to be at least AS bad so he's exchanging one calamity for another.

:allears:

EponymousMrYar posted:

This is indeed a valid point, but I think the leadership conflict in Baaluk has been going on for a dangerously long time with no end in sight. Random hordes of monsters besieging the town are still slightly better than hordes of monsters spawning in town.

Plus, places without Remnants may be more likely to be peaceful, like Eulam Island, for instance.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I was thinking of writing a little scene in the Vale where Rush sees the Academy team, but I decided against it because even I can't figure out how the heck they moved the thing. Well, that's not true. There is one possibility which comes to mind, but ~spoilers~.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Now there's also the question of why is Eulam Island devoid of Remnants. Sounds like something the academy may be interested because it could give answers or clues about their origin.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Well if the main bad guy is connected to the academy like he says then you probably just handed the guy who kidnapped your sister another giant remnant to use, so there's that possibility.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Wait, was this a sidequest or one of those main quests that look like sidequests that sometimes happen in games.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.

Lotish posted:

Wait, was this a sidequest or one of those main quests that look like sidequests that sometimes happen in games.

This was totally optional, off in literally the farthest corner of the map. Middle of nowhere. This game has tons of quests like this, with their own separate plotlines, completely divorced from the main plot. It's kind of fun.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I imagine that town is doomed, but probably not within the game's lifetime.

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Since some people don’t really seem to know what to comment on, I’m going to borrow Feinne’s gimmick for his LP and ask leading questions at the end of updates.

Discussion question: So, what consequences will turning over the Brimslabus to the Academy (and hence, Duke Hermiein) have?
Patents of nobility are tied to possession of Remnants. Leshau and Rush have just delivered a free "Make A Marquis Out Of Anyone You Want" coupon to the guy who threatened to turn Rush's baby sis into a monster's afternoon snack.

... good thing this is a sidequest and probably won't directly impact any of the game's plot, huh?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Patents of nobility are tied to possession of Remnants. Leshau and Rush have just delivered a free "Make A Marquis Out Of Anyone You Want" coupon to the guy who threatened to turn Rush's baby sis into a monster's afternoon snack.

... good thing this is a sidequest and probably won't directly impact any of the game's plot, huh?

You'll see. 100% completion of the Side Quests leads to a few things.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Hmmm... Progress on the megalore post (heh heh heh) is coming along nicely, with some snags. I did a preliminary format test:

EDIT: Removed for archiving purposes.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 6, 2017

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I think the last format works the best. Since you're (presumably) going to have a lot to cover, at least give the reader a chance to quickly scroll through the info.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Agreed.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I also prefer the second format. Sometimes spoilered content behaves wonkily for me. Or maybe I'm just bad at clicking.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
vii. Last Remnant History and Lore

After some requests, here's a post collecting together a lot of the important lore and world-building the game does. Also included are recaps on various main plot subjects. Some information is duplicated between sections. Some particularly spoilerish images are behind URL tags instead of TIMG tags.

• 1. Remnants
  • 2. Town Legends
    2.A Athlum
    2.B Celapaleis
    2.C Elysion
    2.D Balterossa
    2.E Baaluk
    2.F Royotia
  • 3. Glenys: The Desert Kingdom Destroyed 1000 Years Ago
  • 4. The Marshalls and the Dawn of the Era of Remnants
  • 5. Main Plot - The Sykes
  • 6. Main Plot - Irina's Kidnapping
  • 7. Main Plot - The Conqueror
  • 8. Quest Chains
    8.A The Paris-Charlotte Conspiracy

1. Remnants

Most of the basics about Remnants are covered in the Academy Visistones:

[Remnants 1] Remnants are mysterious objects that hold powers beyond those of men.
[Remnants 2] No one knows when or how Remnants were created.
[Remnants 3] Men have used Remnants as beneficial tools since ancient times.
[Remnants 4] Towns and kingdoms were built around Remnants with strong powers.
[Remnants 5] ???
[Remnants 6] A powerful Remnant can affect even the environment around it.
[Remnants 7] It is said that a Remnant once caused a flourishing city in the Great Sand Sea to fall into ruin.
[Remnants 8] In order to use the powers of a Remnant, one must bind it to himself.
[Remnants 9] To bind a Remnant, one simply needs to place a hand over the Remnant and concentrate.
[Remnants 10] However, a Remnant can only be bound during its Luminescence.
[Remnants 11] Luminescence is a natural occurrence that causes light to emit from a Remnant.
[Remnants 12] Luminescence occurs in a cycle, the length differing for each Remnant.
[Remnants 13] A short cycle can be a few minutes, while a long cycle can take years.
[Remnants 14] One known Luminescence cycle is that of the Remnant Ark: three months.
[Remnants 15] No one knows why Luminescence occurs. Perhaps it is a signal.
[Remnants 16] If a Remnant is bound to someone, it cannot be bound by anyone else.
[Remnants 17] A bound Remnant can only be operated by whom it is bound to.
[Remnants 18] An unbound Remnant is called a Blank Remnant.
[Remnants 19] A Collapse is a misfortune triggered by a Blank Remnant being unbound for too long.
[Remnants 20] The most common effect of a Collapse is the spawning of monsters.
[Remnants 21] Some forms of Collapse are said to affect people's minds.
[Remnants 22] Operating a Remnant wears away at the operator's soul.
[Remnants 23] The core Remnants of each town are bound by the town's Lord.
[Remnants 24] The Remnant Elysion is currently unbound.
[Remnants 25] A lord bound to a core Remnant is said to have a shorter lifespan than the others.
[Remnants 26] A Remnant's size does not relate to its strength, though the core Remnants have great powers.
[Remnants 27] It is inferred that all Remnants were created from Elysion.
[Remnants 28] Remnants constantly emit resonating waves.
[Remnants 29] Remnants are made from an unknown substance, unaffected by space or time.

What a collapse is, and the dangers of it is made pretty clear in Chapter 7.

(Ch. 7.)

Pagus: This was once a prosperous town. It was centered around the Remnant of Peace, the Rubber Soul
Rush: Was there a war?
Pagus: No. The one the Remnant was bound to passed away. The world is filled with countless Remnants. No two look alike or share the same power. However, they all have one thing in common. ... When a Remnant is not bound to a soul, it calls forth disastrous misfortune. This calamity is known as the Collapse.

END "1. Remnants"

2. Town Legends
Almost every town we visit in the game has its own Remnant. Naturally, legends have sprung up about them. Most are even true.

2.A Athlum

(Chapter 4)
Remnant-Gazing Old Man: This Remnant is the heart of our town. It's called the Valeria Heart. It represents bravery. Long ago, this town was victim to many disasters. But one day, a massive sword fell from the sky, and from that moment on, nothing else troubled the land… or so the legend goes. Thus, as long as the Valeria Heart exists, Athlum will not fall. If you are ever discouraged, pray to the Valeria Heart. Your spirit will be set at ease.

Legend Teller: In a time rocked by peril, even the earth itself trembled from its ferocity, until one day all evil was stilled by a giant blade, thrust by the gods...". That’s the legend of the Valeria Heart. When I was young, my father would tell me the story over and over. But he usually followed it up with something like “you’d better be good, or the Valeria Heart’s gonna get you.”

2.B Celapaleis

(Chapter 9)
Smarypants Qsiti: Isn’t the view amazing? There isn’t any other place in the world that’s covered with a Remnant like this! Every one of those crystals floating in the air is the Remnant Umbermarici . So long as Lord Qubiine has bound the Remnant, those crystals will glow, and the people of the town will be happy and healthy. The might and glory of Celapaleis is linked to the Umbermarici, for certain.

Legend Loving Child: A long long time ago here in Celapaleis, there was a really pretty stone. It was so pretty that people were totally mesmerized by it… enough to do evil things. Pretty soon the town was in trouble. But one day a traveler came through town, and saw the stone, and bound it. From then on, it didn’t do anything else bad, and everyone was happy.

I'm still not really sure what the Umbermarici actually DOES. But it seems to be more powerful than the ones Athlum has, if it can still rule over Athlum.

2.C Elysion

(Ch. 14)

Pagus:That is the Elysion Remnant. Its power keeps the world in balance. A thousand years ago, the great Marian Marshall bound herself to the Remnant, marking this as the birthplace of Remnant culture.

The Sacred Lands AKA The Elysion Remnant is tied very closely to Marion Marshall. See The Marshalls section for further details.

Mythology-Savvy Devotee: See the Sacred Lands through the clouds? According to legend, that’s where the souls of the dead return. A thousand years ago, there was a war that cost many their lives. Marion Marshall prayed for the dead, and her prayer enveloped the Sacred Lands with a celestial light. Since then, it has been an area for souls to rest.

Ark Tour Guide: Straight ahead is the Remnant Ark. The Academy has the ability to send a select few to the Sacred Lands several times a year. The Remnant that Marion Marshall bound to herself is the Sacred Lands, the mass of rock above. The Sacred Lands is where our souls go to rest when we pass away – it is even referred to as a heaven.

2.D Balterossa

(Ch. 15)
Elegant Madam: It’s amazing that we can have such a bustling city in the middle of the desert, isn’t it. It’s all due to the blessing of the Tao Tie. Go on, take a look. It’s like two giant insects, isn’t it? Those sweet beasties take care of all Balterossa.

Tao Tie-Admiring Child: It can stick its tail in soo deep, an’ drink water from, like, super-deep underground! When I grow up, I’m gonna be the Tao Tie !

The formation and prosperity of Balterossa is tied strongly to the fate of the desert kingdom destroyed 1000 years prior. See that section for details.

2.E Baaluk

(Ch. 17)

Resting Yama: Town legend says there was some terrible monster running wild, but the Imperator took the Remnant and sealed it in that very spot. ‘Course, that was hundreds of years ago… If’n there’s any truth to it, I sure ain’t the one to tell. Only half-believe it myself, actually.

Wyngale: I’ve stood here for hundreds of years, watching over the Remnant Brimslabus and what it seals.

There's another local legend unrelated to the Remnant.

Mystic Girl: He-llo… So, you crossed the Vale of the Gods all by your lonesome? You must be stronger than you look. The legend ‘round here is that the gods created the split in the mountain range to invite mortals to come to the area. ‘Course, if I were a god, I’d just invite a bunch of hot guys… Heheh.

2.F Royotia

(Ch. 18)

Legend Telling Yama: Long time ago, deep within the earth’s molten core, twin birds signifying good and evil were locked in eternal battle. The founder of Royotia saved the bird of virtue. In return, he gained weapons strong enough to defeat and take over the surrounding lands. However, the bird of virtue fought again with the bird of evil, and lost. The founder was absorbed into the evil beast. When all was almost lost, the bird of virtue began to sing a lament… a lullaby. Upon hearing the sad, gentle song, the bird of evil fell asleep and sank beneath the lava, to slumber for eternity. That legend has been told in this land for hundreds of years. Still, there aren’t too many people interested in such fairytales nowadays.

In this case, the legend is elaborated on in great detail through a couple sidequests.

Rush: Who are you?
Flame Guardian: I am the Flame Guardian. I am the watcher of Vespalia, that which would lavish destruction upon Royotia. I have called you here to perform a task for me. To protect Royotia, will you destroy Vespalia? Our time grows short. Vespalia has struggled for lifetimes to break free from its seal. Soon it will succeed. Once the bird awakens, it will destroy all of Royotia.
Rush: So that ancient legend is actually true?
Flame Guardian: Vespalia is not only strong, but possesses incredible fortitude. It would take a miracle to defeat it. Nevertheless, we are not without recourse against it. This I request. Find the nine Crimson Shards scattered around this world. If there is to be any hope of destroying Vespalia, all nine Crimson Shards must be assembled.
Rush: Crimson Shards?
Flame Guardian: The Crimson Shards are drawn to those with strong wills. Go to the powerful of this world, and you shall easily find the Shards. Once collected, the Crimson Shards may be combined. Depending on this combination, they take the form of a shield, bangle, or blade. And thus, equipped with Crimson Blade, Bangle, and Shield, it should be enough... Enough to give you the power to destroy Vespalia once and for all.

END "2. Town Legends"

3. Glenys: The Desert Kingdom Destroyed 1000 Years Ago

There is a LOT of world-building about the lost desert kingdom, destroyed a thousand years before this game. And we haven't even seen half of it yet.

The name has mostly been lost to history, most people just refer to it as the old kingdom. But the name was not entirely forgotten: it was called Glenys.

(Ch. 15)
Yama Adventurer: The desert’s plenty dangerous, but it’s worth bravin’ it for all the treasure hidden out there. Rumor going ‘round the guild is that beneath the Great Sand Sea is the ruins of the greatest of the Old Kingdoms – the Kingdom of Glenys. What I’d give to get even a look at that loot…

A man in Cafe Moondust supplies more information - particularly about the army that protected the old kingdom.

Wise Old Man: A thousand years ago, there was a prosperous country in the middle of the desert. The guard that protected it was unmatched in skill. That strength threatened the Imperator, and he set his armies against them. When the dust cleared, the desert country was destroyed. However… the spirits of the warriors from the defeated land still lurk within the desert’s sands, awaiting the perfect time for revenge… My great-grandfather first told me that tale when I was just a little boy.

The Duchess of Balterossa's Chief of Staff tells us that the queensguard of the old kingdom was known as the Mantroskylo.

Chief of Staff: A thousand years ago, there was a great kingdom in the desert. Its military was renowned around the world. And within that force was the queensguard – the Mantroskylo. Their prowess in battle is still sung in legend today. They were heroes who sealed countless wild monsters. A brotherhood who protected their queen like an iron wall. Skilled warriors who could win while outnumbered a thousand to one. However, they were eventually destroyed by their own strength. They turned into monsters, and turned upon the Imperator. The Imperator immediately struck back. After a fierce battle on both sides, the Imperator took the Tao Tie and sealed the Mantroskylo.
Rush: Sounds like an old story. What’s the big deal?
Chief of Staff:Young traveler, this is no simple nursery-tale. After a thousand years, the Mantroskylo have returned. They assemble against Balterossa to take back the Tao Tie. This cannot be allowed, no matter the cost. Somehow, the force that was strong enough to even plague the Imperator must be defeated.

That story seems to clash with the other story. In the Wise Old Man's version, the Imperator was threatened by the strength of that country and attacked it. The Advisor's story is that the Mantroskylo turned into monsters and attacked the Imperator. The Imperator somehow sealed the Mantroskylo away - it didn't destroy them (probably because of how dangerous they were), but they have returned. I guess the seal expired.

This also reveals that the Tao Tie used to originally belong to the kingdom of Glenys - no doubt responsible for its prosperity. When the kingdom was destroyed, it was transferred to Balterossa, and as before, caused that city to prosper.

How did the Mantroskylo come back? Well, two possibilities. Either the seal wore off after 1000 years, or an archaeological dig was responsible for bringing it back. I also speculate that the reason why the second monster came back is that when the Mantroskylo was sealed, the Absolute Queen it was fighting was sealed with it.

It is funny how the ancient hero who was such a legend seems to be so weak, but the big huge dragon, also a Mantroskylo, is apparently just an ordinary guy.

(Ch. 16)

The old kingdom's ruins come up again in a quest.

Scardey-Cat Mystic: Hey, would you go look for me?
Rush: Sure.
Scardey-Cat Mystic: Cool! So, there’re a bunch of pillars set up in the desert to keep you from getting lost. And they’ve all got IDs on them if you look close. If you look at them in the order: C-4-B-E-A-1 then… *shudder* The pillars are engraved with the language of the Old Kingdoms, so take this – it’ll show you how to read them.

The kid vanishes as we get close, and there’s an investigation point.
Obtained Godstone of Souls!

If that seemed like it went nowhere to you, well, just wait. We've got two Godstones, and we'll need all the Godstones later.

Archaeologist: However, after being killed in his battle against the last monster, he ended up turning into the undead himself! ... It seems the warrior knows formations no longer used in the present age.

END "3. Glenys: The Desert Kingdom Destroyed 1000 Years Ago"

4. The Marshalls and the Dawn of the Era of Remnants

The Marshalls are a famous clan with strange powers, and are pretty key to both the past and present of the world.

(Ch. 14)
There are some Academy Visistons about them as well.

[The Marshalls 1] The Marshalls were an ancient clan, infamous for their mysterious powers.
[The Marshalls 2] A Marshall did not need to focus an object to use mystic arts.
[The Marshalls 3] The Marshalls used magick, an ancient ability that has long been forgotten.
[The Marshalls 4] The Marshalls were said to have developed many fantastic techniques.

Pagus: A thousand years ago, the great Marion Marshall bound herself to the [Elysion] Remnant, marking this as the birthplace of Remnant culture.

Mystic Girl: You know about Lady Marion and the romance between her and the Imperator, right? *sigh* I wish something wonderful like that would happen to me, too… *sigh*

Mythology-Savvy Devotee: See the Sacred Lands through the clouds? According to legend, that’s where the souls of the dead return. A thousand years ago, there was a war that cost many their lives. Marion Marshall prayed for the dead, and her prayer enveloped the Sacred Lands with a celestial light. Since then, it has been an area for souls to rest.

Devoted Woman: This is the temple dedicated to Marion Marshall. You saw the statue up front, didn’t you? It’s a statue of Lady Marion. She has the most peaceful look on her face, doesn’t she?

Preacher Guy: Once Lady Marion connected with the Remnant, her soul traveled to the Sacred Lands. She still looks upon us from the heavens. She prays for the souls of the dead to safely reach the heavens to join her side.

(Ch. 23)

Marina Sykes: You might have heard of Marion Marshall. She was the one who bound the Remnant Elysion to herself and wed the God Emperor. The power she held was extraordinary - the power to erase the bindings of the Remnants and replace them with her own.

END "4. The Marshalls"

5. Main Plot - The Sykes

I've broken the main plot into three sections, although there is some overlap.

(Ch. 2)
What kicked the entire plot off was the kidnapping of Irina Sykes. It was no coincidence that it happened shortly after the Doctors Skykes made a discovery.

John Sykes: Hi Rush, hello Irina! Are you two behaving yourselves? Both of us are having a great time here at the Academy in Elysion, and we were lucky enough to have a break in our research. But, as you’ve probably guessed, things are taking longer than expected.
Marina Sykes: So your father and I have agreed that you should come live with us in Elysion.
John Sykes: What we’ve found is a key that’ll let us use the Remnants in new ways. It’s gonna change the world for the better… but you kids are more important to us, and I’m sorry we haven’t been out to visit for so long.

(Ch. 11)
But Irina was valuable to him all on her own. For she's no ordinary girl.

Wagram: Irina, you must bind this Remnant to yourself. You must release its power. For that power will change the world.

She reached up to try and bind the Remnant Schiavona . It responds easily, turning from orange to blue and floating down to her.

(Ch. 21)
David: I found out what happened to the Sykes, on the condition that I kept quiet about the Academy’s involvement. It seems that your family has been transferred to a new facility. It’s being kept quiet, but they are within the Temple of Elysion.

(Ch. 22)
After navigating the Catacombs beneath the Temple, we learn David's info was good, as we meet Rush's father.

John Sykes: Rush?
Rush: Dad, Irina’s been –
John Sykes: Yes, I know.

Rush: What’s that?
John Sykes: This… is what Irina’s kidnappers are after. This tablet can put Remnants into… a deep slumber. It was developed by your mother.
Rush: Where is she anyway?
John Sykes: She’s out there, luring them away from this.

This tablet is the discovery that John Sykes mentioned in the video message to Rush at the start. Wagram wanted it, and one way to do that was to kidnap Irina to pressure the Sykes into turning it over to him. Unfortunately, the catacombs were a trap...

http://lpix.org/1933520/U22-76.jpg

Wagram: You cannot escape that easily, John Sykes. Hand over the tablet, or he dies.

http://lpix.org/1933526/U22-82.jpg

http://lpix.org/1933532/U22-88.jpg

Wagram got the tablet, and John Sykes was left in a coma.

(Ch. 23)
Pagus: His life is not in danger, but it looks like he is in a coma. There's no telling when he'll wake.
Rush: Wagram... If only I knew where Mom was.
Emma: I think... I may have an idea of her whereabouts.

Emma and Rush went alone to Numor Mines. There, at the bottom...

Emma: Thought you would never show! ...It's been a long time.

Rush: Mom... me and Irina - we've both got the power to call out to Remnants. All of this is happening because of our powers, right? I need to know: what are we? And what does that make you?
Marina Sykes: I was... an orphan. The directory of the Academy took me in when I was a child. To return the favour, I joined the Academy, and dedicated my life to their research. That's where I learned the truth about who I was.

Marina reveals a secret about herself that she has tried to keep hidden for years.

Marina Sykes: You might have heard of Marion Marshall. She was the one who bound the Remnant Elysion to herself and wed the God Emperor. The power she held was extraordinary - the power to erase the bindings of the Remnants and replace them with her own. Inside me rests that same, terrible power. For I... I possess Marion's Blessing. As does Irina.

Marina gives Rush another talisman, similar to his own (which he claimed after it was dropped by Irina during her kidnapping).

Marina Sykes: Here. I made it using the tablet. When you find Irina, I want you to give her this for me.

So this explains what Rush's Talisman is. It's a Remnant in a special state.

END "5. Main Plot - The Sykes"

6. Main Plot - Irina's Kidnappers

This section deals with the people behind Irina's kidnapping, and their goals.

(Ch. 2)

Irina was kidnapped by a man - Jager - who is bound to a previously unknown flying Remnant.

(Ch. 10)
The face of the kidnappers is Wagram. A mage in white who has a dark blue gemstone in the burned-out socket where his right eye once was. He was taking Irina to various Blank Remnants to see if she could bind them.

Wagram: Ancient magicks bound to my call, within the void envelop all!

Wagram is gifted with powerful magic beyond the currently known mystic arts. What it is and how he learned it is unclear.

(Ch. 12)

http://lpix.org/1883054/U12-48.jpg

But even Wagram has someone he answers to, a man of wealth and power.

(Ch. 21)
The Chairman of the Congress, and the head of the Academy:

http://lpix.org/1925629/U21-07.jpg

Bertrude: Chairman Hermeien!

Rush: You learn anything new?
David: Chairman Hermeien revealed that the Academy was involved with both Irina’s kidnapping, and the invasions into Athlum. Apparently some members of the Academy are bent on conducting forbidden research. The mage Wagram is their ringleader. ... Unfortunately, not even the Chairman knows [Irina's] whereabouts. ... I found out what happened to the Sykes, on the condition that I kept quiet about the Academy’s involvement. It seems that your family has been transferred to a new facility. It’s being kept quiet, but they are within the Temple of Elysion.

Unknown to Lord David, Duke Wilfred Hermeien, Lord of Nagapur, is actually the mastermind behind Irina's kidnapping.

END "Main Plot - 6. Irina's Kidnappers"

7. Main Plot - The Conqueror

The Conqueror is a powerful, mysterious figure, whose desire for a powerful Remnant of his own threatens the current peace.

(Ch. 19)

Qsiti Hoodlum: Word on the street is that some people're hosin' themselves over some Conqueror guy what's been terrorizin' cities like it's going out of style.
Loitering Yama: They're just a bunch of thugs that'll do anything to get hold of a Remnant... Bet they’d sell their mama for somethin’ cheap, too! Talking ‘bout them’s all the rage here – some say they even wanna take over the world! They’re a shady bunch, that’s fer sure!
Sky-Gazing Woman: Some men calling themselves “the Conquerors” or something are plotting to attack the city, I heard… That’s so silly, isn’t it? We’ve got the Marquis and the generals to take care of us. Plus, the Valeria Heart will protect us, no matter what. Whoever these guys are, who cares? They can’t do anything, so it’s not even worth worrying about.

Word about the Conqueror started to appear even before Rush and company left Athlum. When they arrived in Elysion...

Roeas: I am Roeas, messenger for his lordship, the Conqueror! We hail from the eastern city of Veyriel. We’ve come for the Remnant entrusted to us by the prophecy of the God Emperor! His Lordship promises prosperity to us all! The mark of this promise will soon become apparent to the world! The Remnant will awaken. Time will be stagnant no more. The promised time is almost upon us. Your dreams will soon become reality!

David: What is going on? What has he done?
Rush: I dunno… but there’s something about that guy…

His mere presence seems to excite Rush's Talisman. Rush followed the mysterious man to the Ark Remnant at the top level of Elysion.

Torgal: (Does he wish to bind the Ark? Only one with great power could do so.)

http://lpix.org/1919678/U19-58.jpg

http://lpix.org/1919685/U19-65.jpg

http://lpix.org/1919686/U19-66.jpg

http://lpix.org/1919687/U19-67.jpg

http://lpix.org/1919688/U19-68.jpg

(Ch. 20)
Pagus: H-he did it! He bound the Ark! Who – or what is he?

The Conqueror should not have been able to do that.

Rush wandered the Sacred Lands and eventually came to a pure white room.

http://lpix.org/1922383/U20-42.jpg

Conqueror: Yes… think back.

For some reason, the Conqueror seems to have an interest in Rush.

(Ch. 21)
Elysion – Academy Entrance Hall

Academy Researcher: ...The Ark was activated? How could that be? Once a Remnant's been bound, it can't be activated by anyone else until the bind is broken. We all learned that in Remnants 101. Does that mean that... what we've been taught was wrong?

Researcher on Break: What? The Ark was activated? That's impossible. It's bound to a member of the Academy. Meaning, it can only be activated by a member of the research team that was hand-picked by the Academy. Your eyes are just playing tricks on you.

Academy Researcher: Everyone around town is talking about how the Ark was activated. The legendary Marion Marshall is the only one I've ever heard of who can overwrite bindings of Remnants. Perhaps she's come back to us...

So that at least clears some things up about the Ark. It is indeed currently bound to someone, which means that it should have been impossible for the Conqueror to overwrite the binding… but there is a historical precendent: The Marshall clan from long ago could also do that.

(Ch. 24)[spoiler]

Pagus: The Congress has been slow to grant that Conqueror fellow a Remnant, and all the Lords are in a flurry over it. And the Conqueror keeps rattling his saber about taking over countries and seizing their Remnants.
Emma: You’d expect that from the sort of person who would bind the Ark… He’s made an enemy out of every Lord with a Remnant. What’s he plotting?
Pagus: For starters, he’s building an army.
Emma: So it’s come to war…
Torgal: You see, the Congress has split into two factions… One sides with the Chairman against the Conqueror. The other supports the Conqueror, fearing the God Emperor’s wrath. Duke Hermeien wishes to ally with us and end the rift as quickly as possible.
David: He’s asked to speak with me directly, in Nagapur.

END "7. Main Plot - The Conqueror"

8. Quest Chains

8.A The Paris-Charlotte Conspiracy

(Ch. 15)

Paris: Mojcado Castle… It’s an ancient castle left to ruin. Now it’s only home to legions of monsters and beasts. Why in the world would she select such a dangerous place to meet? No matter how I try, I cannot make heads or tails of the decision.

After an assassin is defeated...

Paris: Thank you, Rush. Words cannot fully convey my gratitude. … But, dearest Charlotte, why did you decide to meet in such a perilous location in the first place? Though thanks to me requesting Rush’s help, we were able to rescue you…
Charlotte: What do you mean? Paris, you were the one who decided the meeting place. You wrote me not a fortnight back.
Paris: What!? I never wrote such a letter.

Paris: What manner of knavery is this – and towards what end? Now that I think of it… The brute from earlier knew me by name. Certainly it could not have been –
Rush: So neither of you sent the letters to each other?
Paris: *sigh* Forgive me, Rush. This mystery does not preclude a reward for your assistance.

(Ch. 25)
Paris: East of Balterossa, deep below the Great Sand Sea, lives a very kind old seer. Charlotte and I would appreciate it if you would escort us to him.

Charlotte: Paris...wait, please. I... I'm worried, Paris. Is running away like this truly the right thing for us to do?
Disembodied Voice: There's no need to worry...
Paris: Who's there?
Disembodied Voice: By ridding the world of the two of you, our organization will be able to spread joy to many, many people.

Paris: That voice - that's the seer...

Seer: Hmph. There is no need for me to explain. All I'll have to explain is how I found the two of you - victims of lovers' suicide!

Charlotte: Yes, I'm fine. Paris...I'm sorry, I can't do this. I tried, but...I need to be at Mother's side.
Paris: They say that given enough time, a broken heart becomes inured to the pain... I suppose all I can do is wait...

END "8. Quest Chains"

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 16, 2015

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Sorry that took so long, I was busier this week than I'd hoped. Unfortunately, that'll probably be all the updates I can manage this week - I have content recorded for the next two updates, but haven't started writing those updates yet.

How does the format for the Lore section look? Am I missing anything too big? Does this help clear things up? Is this ugly with all the spoiler text? Are some of the TIMG's too spoilery and should be converted to URL? Give me feedback if there's something you think needs improvement, please.

I'll go back and add in actual links to the appropriate updates later on, I just wanted to get this posted now.

This post is actually in part a reservation in case I need to expand the lore section more.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 13, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Seems fine to me sans broken images.

EDIT: Unless those aren't broken images are are just spoilerific images.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Onmi posted:

Seems fine to me sans broken images.

EDIT: Unless those aren't broken images are are just spoilerific images.

The latter (at least, it should be). If the spoiler tag hid TIMG's, I could just use TIMG, but some were even too spoilery for those. I wanted to try and create a lore guide with spoilers organized by chapters.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The only part that bugs me is the sequential spoiler tags. Namely for the URL images and the Marshal Visistons. The spoilerific URL's I can deal with, but perhaps pull the 'System Message' notification out of the tags? Might want to do that for the other notification images too.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

EponymousMrYar posted:

The only part that bugs me is the sequential spoiler tags. Namely for the URL images and the Marshal Visistons. The spoilerific URL's I can deal with, but perhaps pull the 'System Message' notification out of the tags? Might want to do that for the other notification images too.

I could change that, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you explain what you want more clearly, please?

I'm using one spoiler tag per "Ch. ??" section, because all that stuff is learned in that chapter. I'm trying not to have too much whitespace, but I'm also trying to avoid having large blobs.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Ah, I see, that makes more sense. It lets everything show up at once with mouseover and the whitespace between the Marshal's Visistones is because the image is slightly taller than the text. (4. Ch. 14 the small bits between them.) That's better than what I thought was going on.

Looking over it again I only get some minor niggles at formatting inconsistencies from the use of url's rather than TIMG's.
6. Irinia's Kidnapping ch.12 for an example. You put a space between the ch. and the image as you do for the TIMG's, but there's a url there instead.

Personally I'm not a fan of just using the url's to hide super spoilerific stuff, but then again I'm the type that only cares about really well done spoilers. (MIB's intro for example.)

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
A little typo: your table of contents for the lore post says "The Skykes"

Really helpful, though. Nice and neat. But man that's a lot of npc background chatter.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

booksnake posted:

A little typo: your table of contents for the lore post says "The Skykes"

Really helpful, though. Nice and neat. But man that's a lot of npc background chatter.

With more to come, they were very determined to make TLR feel alive.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

I hope that next time you wash your hands, at least.

Sorry for the delay in actual content, I’ve been a bit busy. And lazy.

Sure, no prob.
So generous! I appreciate it.

Rush, I’m in the market for Colossus Rawhide. Think we have time to go find some?
Yeah, let’s go.
We aren’t actually going. The only place we can get it right now is Lavafender, and I’m not heading to the Royotia area just yet.

Hey, I need some Grand Beetle Husk. If you got time to sit around and talk, you’ve got time to go get some, eh?
Yeah, let’s go.
This is one of those bullshit items. From the name you would THINK that Grand Beetles drop these, right? So you’d pop on over to the Great Sand Sea and kill some. WRONG! Those Grand Beetles can’t drop this item. Grand Beetles in the Catacombs drop it – and there’s only one of them. Millipedes’ in the Catacombs also drop it, and there are more of them, but they’re in an area we don’t yet have access to (and even once we do, it’s a pain to reach).

So we’re not doing this now either. We’re going to Elysion.

The Bartendress has something important to say, but that can wait.

- Quest Video: After a Day’s Work…

My beautiful self. But today's duties have left me sullied. I cannot presume to meet that person in such a state... If only I had the seeds of the white flower, I could make a perfume to cleanse myself...

As if Fate itself envies my beauty (as well it should), that flower only grows in the Catacombs! Such a putrid atmosphere! And filled with beasts disgusting enough that the mere mention of their presence bids me wash out my mouth! It's impossible... Never could one pure as I enter such a place!
Dude, suck it up.
Away, uncouth fiend! Ohh, to be clean once more!
Calm down. I'll do it.
Marvelous! Thus I may continue to be untainted. You may have difficulty, as the aroma of the white flower is often masked by the stench of albic qsiti. If you destroy the beasts, it should be a simple matter to find the seeds.
What an excellent idea! Death to the albics!
Slay those accursed albic qsitis, then pay attention to the scent of the flower. I trust that even you should be able to handle that.
Accepted quest: After a Day's Work...

Music: Creeping Shadows

This flamboyant white sovani wants me to get him some white flower seeds. He says the monsters in the Catacombs have 'em.

There’s a hidden catch to this quest. You have to slaughter the filthy albics in a specific way: You need to link three of them together and defeat them in battle before the seeds drop.

But once you know that, you can solve this quest simply by killing the ones in the first room of the Catacombs.

Too easy – we took on 7 on-field enemies at once the last time we were here, and that's more than the 7 unions there are here.

learned Caustic Blast!
Obtained White Flower Seed!

Caustic Blast is the first normal Area-of-Effect art, which can potentially hit more than one union on the field. That’s the power of Mystic arts.

A sweet scent worthy of my pure white pelt! I must be honest. Under normal circumstances, I would reward an unsightly youth such as yourself by extinguishing your pitiful existence. Unfortunately, I have places to be. A glittering future awaits my presence with bated breath! Thus, I bid you adieu. Until we meet again! Though I hope that next time you wash your hands, at least.
Completed quest: After a Day's Work...
… What a wierdo.
Obtained Shend Salia!
Shend Salia - A red stone known as the roc's wing.
Salia Count: 5

Welcome to the Heavenly Terrace. What would you like to know about?
The neighboring cities.
Oh, I almost forgot! Far to the southeast of Elysion is Melphina, the town of scholars. I hear it’s a beautiful town surrounded by nature. If only I could get a day off. I’d love to go to Melphina and see for myself.
Sounds like an awesome plan!
Uh, Rush? …oh, nevermind…

So talking to the Bartendress at this point unlocks a new location on the world map.

- Dungeon Video: Berechevaltelle

Music: Rolling Hills, Sprawling Plains

Berechevaltelle – These highlands are found at the foot of Mt. Vackel. The name means Land of Beautiful Horses.
What a friggin’ name. I’m so glad that I don’t have to type it out much.

Anyway, there’s not much to this place. It’s just a gateway dungeon, you need to pass through it to unlock other areas. It’s not really difficult and most enemies can be avoided. The way east rises, and the way south falls.

This is a rarity: there’s a guy at the east end. That doesn’t happen in dungeons.

Well…
No. No we are not.
Dave?
No, Rush.

In any case… Ah’m ‘fraid that’s not gonna happen. Roads are blocked up ‘head. Ah can’t even get home! Y’er better off turnin’ ‘round, ‘less you wanna be stuck, like me…

You can actually continue onward, but it dumps you onto the world map, without unlocking anything new. We’ll need to come back a LOT later before we can pass through this area.

We want to go out the south exit.

- Dungeon Video: Crookfen

Music: Limberlost

Crookfen – A moor created by the melting snow from Mt. Vackel. The cold water halts the growth of vegetation and even the neighboring forests.

That’s a Dragon. As a normal enemy. Yeah.

Crookfen is another small pass-through dungeon. Doesn’t take long, easy to avoid enemies.

Pillars of this Remnant are scattered all over the swamp.

Mount Vackel in the distance.

And here’s the exit.

Civilization at last.

- Video: Melphina Tour

Music: Old Traditions, New Methods (Melphina Theme)

Melphina – A scholarly town surrounded by trees and streams. An archaic knightly order exists side-by-side with some of the most forward-thinking scholars in the world.

Melphina is the fourth and final of the completely optional towns in The Last Remnant. Like Baaluk, it only has one city section. The setting is quite unusual. It seems to be set on stilts in a basin with waterfalls pouring in. It’s very pretty.

All the races mix together in the world (except the reclusive Sovani), but Melphina seems to have a higher proportion of qsiti.

Melphina – Cobalt Plaza: The streets of this town are made of wooden planks, showing a uniqueness that proves its isolation from other areas.

Welcome to Melphina, town of scholars. This is Cobalt Plaza. Breathe in the clean air. Mmmm.
What the heck is that?

It heightens people's spirits and wards off evil souls. It's the purest of Remnants.
Speaking of “pure spirits”…
The pub is straight ahead, down the stairwell to the right, the big building on the left.
Excellent. Come on, everyone!

Precocious Child: Look at this flower garden. See how the leaves seem to be protecting the beautiful flowers? This is much like the Order and the Maidens. A knight vows to protect a maiden with his life until death do they part. They also vow to protect each other's chastity.
What?
Precocious Child: Oh, er, maybe you're not ready to hear this yet...

Next to the kid is the consumables shop. Melphina sells the complete line of Traps components eventually, but we don’t have any Trap users at this time.

This little item here is the ‘Book of Remembrance’, for Jorgen’s “Amnesia” quest. But the thread voted to make Jorgen an Aristocrat, and that doesn’t use the Book. So we’re ignoring it.

Our leader, Sir Roberto, is a strict man, but I feel honored to be able to fight alongside him.

Dreaming Girl: Do you remember the bog you passed on your way here? That's Crookfen, the place where we Forest Maidens perform rituals of prayer for the Last Leaf. The Order of Melphina protects us from monster attacks while we pray. It's all so romantic.
So seeing your boyfriend getting attacked by monsters turns you on? Pervert.
Dreaming Girl: …Get out.

Have you been to Siebenbur, the cavern to the south? It's a popular spot for researchers, as the plants that grow there are of the rarest kind. In fact, there's a scientist here that is creating a new remedy using said plants.
I thought that place was near Royotia?
It is. There are entrances to Siebenbur all across the continent, and yet they all seem to lead to the same place. It’s one of the great geographical mysteries of all time.
So… the continent is SMALLER on the inside?

This opens the Fourth Path, another cave dungeon south of Melphina. We’ll go there in due time, when a quest sends us there.

Sincere Forest Maiden: A routine ritual of prayer strengthens the seal of protection, but the seal seems to have weakened of late. There are many organizations that want to get their hands on this Remnant, but we've got nothing to worry about. The Order of Melphina is on our side!

Oh hey, it’s you again, Emmy! Still travelling, huh?
Indeed.
Must be tough spending all this time on the road, and not getting a chance to talk to your family.

Of course I keep in touch with my family. That’s how I know about you.
Really? Oh, so that’s how you knew my name in Balterossa! So… wait, someone in your family knows me? Who?
You’ll just have to figure that out on your own, Rush. I’ve spent enough time here. I’ll be heading north shortly. Maybe we’ll run into each other again.

Huh, we can see Pagus actually here. That’s different.

Do you know the Forest Maiden Leticia? She's as beautiful and delicate as a flower. If only I could be her knight! I'd protect her for as long as I live! I would do anything to be able to talk to her.
Restraining orders are a bitch, huh?
You said it – HEY!

I train every day to become a great knight. I have yet to find the maiden for me, though. I wonder if I'll ever find her...

I don’t have time for filthy albics… today. The soldier looks important, though.

Pardon my intrusion, but I cannot help but notice that you look to be handy with a blade...
I’m not.
Oh. My mistake.
I’m handy with TWO blades! Yeah!

Please speak with Commander Roberto of the Order of Melphina. We have been beset by a number of troubles that require the skills of one sure of sword. If you would lend your help, speak with him at the Palace of Melphina.

Let me just check… 34 screenshots. Yeah, we’ve got time for a sidequest.

Melphina – Palace of Melphina: A humble castle built within nature, it is also the residence of the Lord of Melphina.

I am Olebeag, Lord of Melphina. Welcome. Our town may be small and remote, but for academic or mystic studies, there is no better place on the continent.

- Quest Video: The Broken Seal

Hi, I’m Rush Sykes.
From your bearing, I see you must be an accomplished adventurer. With that case, I would make a request of you. To the northwest of this town lies the cursed bog, Crookfen. For long years, its evil has been sealed by a Remnant. Yet of late, the Remnant's seal fails, siring monsters from the flow of dark power. At once, we of the Order have sent scouts to examine the seal. None have yet returned. Would that I could add others to the search, but the town must be defended, and we have no men to spare. So, I ask you—would you come with me to Crookfen and restore the broken seal?
Uhh, can I think about it?
No—you have no need to apologize. I knew of the folly of such an unreasonable request from the start. That said, if time bids you change your mind, let me know.
Sure, I'll help out!
Ohh! To see such a fine and just youth...! You honor me with your cooperation. Let us head to Crookfen with haste.
Accepted quest: The Broken Seal

Music: Limberlost

Time is of the essence. Let us make haste!
A guest union has joined the party!
Roberto of Melphina asked me to go to Crookfen to check out the Last Leaf's seal. It broke or something and monsters are everywhere.

Let’s take a look at the new guy.

Honestly I find Roberto’s arts underwhelming. His stats make it clear that he’s a combat guy, and combat guys can only really make use of item arts, because they’re not good with the Mystics they do get. I guess my problem is that Item Arts are mostly bad.

We’re already back in Crookfen. We have to find three of the many Remnant pillars in the area and investigate them. You can see the smoking ones from a fair way off.

Mission: Defeat the Ruler of Mystic Arts!

There are three minibosses, each is somewhat themed. None are overly punishing.

I hate that. Now I’ll have to try and get him revived without anyone else getting KO’ed.

I could have done an Omnistrike, but instead I try to stall by having everyone heal until a “Clear those status ailments” (Vivication Herb) command comes up.

In retrospect, a really good move.

I ain’t ready to die…

Ouch.

Fights in this game can really change completely in a turn. So uh, just Rush’s union and Roberto are left, and he’s not looking so hot. Funny enough, despite that, NOW the “Neutral Morale” music kicks in.

This is good news, because now Roberto will live for another turn to continue deadlocking the Ruler, letting me pick up another union.

Rise!
You’re a life-saver… literally!

Excellent teamwork – Caedmon revives Emma’s union, Rush heals them, and Gabriel revives Torgal.

Rush will bring David’s union back, and Emma will go to heal (or more likely revive) Roberto.

Roberto wisely defended, meaning that he took minimal damage and survived, letting Emma, Baulson, and Violet heal him back up. Rush brought David’s union back and we’re good to go again. Time to finish it off.

I actually got the option to have David use Ex Machina, but I’m trying to get him to learn Spark V, so I turned it down.

learned Nimble Smash III!
learned Nimble Acala’s Wrath II!
learned Slice & Dice!
learned Wind Shear III!

The Remnant’s seal is broken! You are buffeted by a wave of dark energy!
Mission: Defeat the Ruler of the Shield!

Crabs.

Correction. Headcrabs.

Depending on the placement of units, Caustic Blast can potentially injure or kill multiple unions. The radius isn’t very large, though.

And done. This one wasn’t as tough as the last one.

class changed to Master Monk!

Mission: Defeat the Ruler of Weapons!

Last one. He can cast Silencer, which could make your Mystic users useless.

Lets get the morale working in my favor early and maybe I won’t die.

Got you!

This critical did over 6000 damage.

Music: Reversal

I’m skipping Omnistrike because it means other units will miss chances to get art XP, and this fight is going well enough that I don’t need this guy down as fast as possible.

That last attack was responsible for 11,000 points of that damage. We’ve spent most of the battles under low morale, but when you have high morale, your damage is increased. It’s pretty sweet.

And this one was responsible for 7600 points of the damage.

learned Four Winds II!
learned Nimble Flash Strike II!

In the name of the Remnant Last Leaf, let the wicked souls of the dead be purified and return to the heavens...

The Forest Maidens express the highest gratitude.
We were able to complete the sealing ritual without incident. Without your assistance, Master Sykes, heaven knows what could have happened... The seal is repaired, yet our wayward comrades have yet to be found. This weighs heavily on my mind... But for now, let us return to Melphina.
The guest union has left the party.

While we've worried about the seal, fiends have plotted against us, right under our noses...
Ophelia, calm yourself. Do not forget the place of a knight of the Order of Melphina.
But, Commander! A group of suspicious characters dressed in black was seen leaving Crookfen! At your leave, I shall depart at once to arrest the blackguards and bring them to justice! Their evil deeds must be brought to light!
Ophelia. The Order is meant to be the country's shield, not its blade. If you were to abandon the people at a time like this, who would protect them? Life must always be your top priority. Our duty now is to find our lost men without further delay. This is no time for vengeance.
But...!
Err…
Ah, Master Sykes. Forgive me. This is my subcommander, Ophelia. Please excuse our indiscretions just now.

Saving lives is job #1.
See? Master Sykes agrees. Ophelia... With all that's happened, I certainly understand your feelings. But this is not the time to let passions rule our judgment."

Oh, yes! Master Sykes, take this as a token of our gratitude.
Valiant youth... I too express my gratitude.
Obtained Azure Orb! Rush can now use Evocations!
Completed quest: The Broken Seal

Thanks to Forest Maiden Marsha, the seal is all good. Woot! No more monsters in that area now!
…apart from, you know, the usual ones.

Any miscreants who think they can deceive the people of Melphina will receive no mercy!
Now we must find our lost knights. Truly, where could they be?

You might have noticed that Rush had a dialogue choice at the end of the quest, which hasn’t happened before. It does indeed matter. There are three quests in the Roberto chain, and if you agree with Ophelia all three times, you get access to an exclusive quest. Earlier I had been considering allowing a vote on this, but after reading what the other quest actually does (every single bit of it essentially says “gently caress you, you picked the wrong choice”), I decided holding a vote on it was pointless. Instead, I’ll be picking the Roberto-approved answers all three times, and I’ll save the alternate quest as bonus post-game content.

New Arts Summary

learned:
  • Caustic Blast!
  • Wind Shear III!
learned Nimble Smash III!
learned Nimble Acala’s Wrath II!
learned:
  • Slice & Dice!
  • Four Winds II!
class changed to Master Monk!
learned Nimble Flash Strike II!

Quest: After a Day’s Work…
Dungeon: Berechevaltelle
Dungeon: Crookfen
Melphina Tour
Quest: The Broken Seal

Here is the newly updated world map.

Okay, here’s the thing... after the three remaining sidequests already planned are done, we’ll be heading to the Heroic Ramparts. There, we’ll have a choice of two directions. One goes to Nagapur and the main plot. The other goes to another town (not too big). After advancing the main plot, five more sidequests open up. There are three more sidequests we can do now, -OR- save them until after visiting Nagapur.

My initial plan was to go to Nagapur first, but after doing that, the main plot will... seem a little more important to do, so maybe tacking on an additional few sidequests. After visiting Nagapur, I might even have a vote on whether to continue with the main plot immediately, or do the sidequests first.

POLL: Should I do the next new town and three additional quests before or after visiting Nagapur?

Next Time: And they wail so loud, already, it’s as if my head would burst

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 6, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Do the Side Quests, all now, get that delicious art XP.

I think at some point they might have intended for Ophelia to be an exclusive party member opposite Roberto (You can add her in with a cheat engine) but no. You either get Roberto or you gently caress up and get a useless Key Item that does nothing. Get Roberto. Cool old dudes are cool.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I’m handy with TWO blades! Yeah!

i like to imagine he stuck his hand out for a high five after saying this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Have we unlocked all the towns by this point?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Have we unlocked all the towns by this point?

Optional? yes. Total? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

More sidequests!

• Locked thread