Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I don't mean gimmicked poo poo like tables and that, that's a given. But I wonder about other equipment.

I mean it's WWE they have millions of dollars so they probably don't give a poo poo I'm just wondering about weird production stuff :shobon:

Wasn't there something in a TNA lawsuit where it came out they were booking talent in hardcore matches and making them bring their own weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Any update on upcoming rad over the top gifs Wrasslormonkey? I will accept a gif from the movie Over The Top as a reply.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Lots of giffable stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling by Max Landis.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Any update on upcoming rad over the top gifs Wrasslormonkey? I will accept a gif from the movie Over The Top as a reply.

Any motivation I've had to spend hours making crazy rassling gifs has been crushed lately. Speaking of

Live RAW gifs

Nobody hurts like this man

Why's it called "The Rack Attack"?! Oh, right...

At least he's not just catchphrase-over (like some other turd)

"I am lawyer camarado, not rasseler mans"

Neener neener I broke your little streak!

My reaction when Roman Reigns interrupts Paul Heyman's promo

Spun him right round, baby!

This IC battle is really going over the top!

And that's a fact, cat... clap

A perfectly executed spinning heel kick

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 17, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dammit, you can take my enjoyment of wrestling all you want WWE, but when you take away WrasslorMonkey's you've gone too far!

I feel for you though, they aren't worth the effort these days.

Edit: Goddammit I just saw that you did put in an Over the Top gif, you're the greatest man alive.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure JBL got legit kicked in the face when Ambrose got thrown over the announce table. Gawrsh I'd sure like to see that again. :allears:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm pretty sure JBL got legit kicked in the face when Ambrose got thrown over the announce table. Gawrsh I'd sure like to see that again. :allears:

Haha, added.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nah he got that one in the shoulder

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

WrasslorMonkey posted:

And that's a fact, cat... clap

I didn't really pay attention to Raw tonight, I feel like I missed out on something actually worth seeing here :(

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
WrasslorMonkey I appreciate you and thank you fro saving me money.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Some other Raw gifs

Jamie: Seth, I know I'm considered the secret weapon of The Authority....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hahahah, Mercury with the ragdoll physics RKO at the end. Magnificent.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Think of how cool that Sting stuff would have been with Dean instead of Randy "world's most boring wrestler" Orton.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

Think of how cool that Sting stuff would have been with Dean instead of Randy "world's most boring wrestler" Orton.

Why would it be cooler with some lame rear end jobber?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just a heads up that the Gif of the Year nominations thread is up and running until Wrestlemania. Last year's was a great time despite a foregone conclusion. This year's field could be wide open.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706887

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hahahahaha

This is a microcosm of 2015 WWE.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Dunno why but it reminded me of this

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

:ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I haven't watched Lucha Underground for a little while, but I'm gonna go right ahead and assume that's from the latest episode and this is Johnny Mundo's new feud.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't watched Lucha Underground for a little while, but I'm gonna go right ahead and assume that's from the latest episode and this is Johnny Mundo's new feud.

"Dog, that's why I call you my teacher."

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

drat did I love that insane video.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sorry. spoilers https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/578411485313032192

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT - Kevin Owens vs Alex Riley

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Isn't the main point of NXT to get the awesome wrestlers used to performing in front of the WWE cameras? What's with the change to it facing down the ramp?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It was a road show in Ohio. That was the venue's setup. The Florida venue is still the same.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I know he still wrestles in a shirt and all, but man does Steen look in so much better shape than he did even a year ago. He hasn't looked like this since what, like 2006? It really seems like he's motivated to defy expectations and make the most of this shot in WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know he still wrestles in a shirt and all, but man does Steen look in so much better shape than he did even a year ago. He hasn't looked like this since what, like 2006? It really seems like he's motivated to defy expectations and make the most of this shot in WWE.

Also I know I'm preaching to the converted, but it was kinda hilarious to see how jacked up Riley is, and yet standing next to Owens it was clear the latter was the "tough guy" of the two, he just looks like a mean old bastard (who is barely 30 years old).

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Am I alone in thinking that what would improve this move the most is if she took the ground after hitting it. She looks too much like she just goes past her opponent, keeping the knees there longer would help it sink in.

Jerusalem posted:

Also I know I'm preaching to the converted, but it was kinda hilarious to see how jacked up Riley is, and yet standing next to Owens it was clear the latter was the "tough guy" of the two, he just looks like a mean old bastard (who is barely 30 years old).

Riley currently looks on the verge of crying most of the time at the moment, which doesn't help. Boy doesn't know how to portray rage well (see also that he started with a collar and elbow against a guy he loving hates).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Good dog almighty! Good dog almighty, that killed him!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
THIS WEEK ON LUCHA UNDERGROUND

Aero Star breaks out his signature move, Striker calls it a "trust fall dive"

Konnan telegraphs the turn that's probably coming next week SUPER HARD while Puma nods along.

Oh, and the main event is the most gory lucha brawl in the history of the show. Forget everything you think you know about casket matches.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I need more Lucha and NXT in my life. Amazing shows.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This spot was probably better on paper, it looks so bad with how early the dude has the casket up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Am I alone in thinking that what would improve this move the most is if she took the ground after hitting it. She looks too much like she just goes past her opponent, keeping the knees there longer would help it sink in.

Not at all, I made the gif and had the benefit of a frame by frame analysis and it still took me a couple go-throughs to figure out what the offensive part of the move was supposed to be.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Couple more Wrestling Isn't Wrestling gifs

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Illinois Smith posted:

THIS WEEK ON LUCHA UNDERGROUND

Aero Star breaks out his signature move, Striker calls it a "trust fall dive"

:aaaaa: The Rear View.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Writer Cath posted:

:aaaaa: The Rear View.

Or the worlds craziest trust fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Rhonne posted:

Or the worlds craziest trust fall.

Aerostar is terrifying. Some of the stuff he does is absolutely spectacular, but jesus, it's terrifying. I remember an interview Konnan did a few years back with Alvarez with him saying if Aerostar keeps up what he's doing, he'll be paralyzed by the time he's 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM488qXX2U0

This was from a few years ago, but just look at the poo poo he does. His Tiger Feitn/619s are super awesome and safe (the top rope into the double stomp kick is really cool, you see that one early in the video), but between his trust fall dive, and the NO ARMS BULLET DIVE, he will be dead by 2019

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 20, 2015