Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

The Duggler posted:

ehh this game is okay

its fun when you are on a stacked team but the TTK is so low that if your team sucks youre basically dying non-stop

It isn't your team that sucks if you're dying non-stop in a Battlefield game hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I just want to shoot some cops

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Smegmatron posted:

It isn't your team that sucks if you're dying non-stop in a Battlefield game hth

:allears:

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

if u aint dyin, u aint tryin

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Woops

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Goon server needs more maps in rotation.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Playing enforcer and being forced to use shotguns is the worst, it would help if I didn't feel like the 870 was terrible. Just gonna do like one of the goon in mumbler said and just play other classes until I'm able to buy decent guns.

Apart from that I had fun last night despite our many losses, hotwire is way too much fun. I can't stop driving on ramps even though I know I'll probably die once I do the jump.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
The only bug that I've noticed so far is some weird flickering on Dust Bowl

I played a match last night that felt like a laggy, buggy, old-school-BF4 piece of poo poo, but that was probably because there was one dude with 999 ping on the server.

I'm kinda bummed they took away the lag compensation slider from the beta. I think it's just a toggle now, or maybe I'm an idiot and can't find it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Playing enforcer and being forced to use shotguns is the worst, it would help if I didn't feel like the 870 was terrible. Just gonna do like one of the goon in mumbler said and just play other classes until I'm able to buy decent guns.

Apart from that I had fun last night despite our many losses, hotwire is way too much fun. I can't stop driving on ramps even though I know I'll probably die once I do the jump.

Use the SA-58 OSW and Scar-H, then. They're both pretty great.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The actual ATF clan joined our server thinking it was theirs. It's beautiful.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They are actually undercover ATF agents.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I don't think anyone reads the console thread so if you need another squad mate for whatever my PSN is HappyPantsDance (PS4)

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Indeed, the confusion was palpable.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.reddit.com/r/cumpolice

for all your cumpolice related needs

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hey guys just wanted to show you my first night of Hardline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYkYZFupBs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Green Puddin posted:

same

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone unlock the minigun and/or M3M for the transport chopper yet? Wondering if either are worth the money.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Republicans posted:

Anyone unlock the minigun and/or M3M for the transport chopper yet? Wondering if either are worth the money.

Its only worth it if someone in the chopper knows how to use it. Feels like more of a sidegrade on the dps output side.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

They're both straight upgrades against foot-mobiles tho.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm guessing the minigun is better for infantry and the M3M for vehicles? But that would make sense, which is a silly thing to expect in a Battlefield game even if :dice: didn't actually make this one.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Republicans posted:

I'm guessing the minigun is better for infantry and the M3M for vehicles? But that would make sense, which is a silly thing to expect in a Battlefield game even if :dice: didn't actually make this one.

In beta it was mostly range tradeoff.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Chronojam posted:

In beta it was mostly range tradeoff.
In the beta unless your pilot was a super-steady grenade-magnet hitting peds with the default HMG was a complete crapshoot

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dvsilverwing posted:

Use the SA-58 OSW and Scar-H, then. They're both pretty great.

Yeah, but he needs $26k to unlock one of those, which is why he said he was going to play other classes first.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Has anyone beat the single player yet? I'm on epsoice 6 on veteran and have collected all the possible intel. Also tank 15 now.

Anyone else showing our server only playing hotline maps?

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Finished it about an hour ago. Was a lot better than I was expecting.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Green Puddin posted:

wow maybe youre playing battlefield wrong if you're dying

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Spawning into the middle of a firefight and expecting to live would indeed constitute "playing Battlefield wrong."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reviews are starting to pop up and destructiod's is pretty laughably bad http://www.destructoid.com/review-battlefield-hardline-289147.phtm

if not solely for the fact that it reviews a battlefield game without mentioning the multiplayer once.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

TubeStank posted:

Reviews are starting to pop up and destructiod's is pretty laughably bad http://www.destructoid.com/review-battlefield-hardline-289147.phtm

if not solely for the fact that it reviews a battlefield game without mentioning the multiplayer once.

So bad they redacted it?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Kerosene19 posted:

So bad they redacted it?

http://www.destructoid.com/review-battlefield-hardline-289147.phtml

Gives it a 6/10 still doesn't review multiplayer.

Edit: Also throws a fit and compares it to "current political situations involving police"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Great, Hardline has the same stupid memory leak that plagued BF 4 for most of its lifetime.

But hotwire is fun!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
This should have been a 19 dollar DLC add on for BF4 without the single player campaign.

Definitely waiting for a sale - but reviews so far are pretty horrible as well as quite a few user reviews.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Utnayan posted:

This should have been a 19 dollar DLC add on for BF4 without the single player campaign.

Definitely waiting for a sale - but reviews so far are pretty horrible as well as quite a few user reviews.

And your point is? If you took half a moment to read this thread most of us are enjoying it good sir.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Utnayan posted:

you clearly haven't played it because this is not remotely close to a dlc

in what world would a dlc add all this poo poo? it's a totally different game!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

battlefield fans have been making GBS threads on it since before the first beta and are whiney babbies who have complained about literally every release since bf2 so gently caress 'em.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I think bf3&4 suck but hardline is really good. I can't wait to play it with my friends.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Hardline is a cool + fun game to play with your friends

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

There are some good maps, which I like, and it is fun to get unlocks and skins. Thanks for reading my review

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I think if there's one thing people who are wondering about HL can take away it is this: it's definitely a different game. It feels different from BF4. There's a greater mechanical shift from BF4 to Hardline than there was from BF3 to BF4. It plays very differently, and offers a different experience. It's a little more shooty and a little less tanky, a little more fast-paced but a little less kinda grandiose. It's not just some BF4 mod, and anyone with any experience whatsoever with multiplayer shooters should agree if they've played it.

Whether or not it's justifiably a $60 game or whether or not it's actually good are separate issues, but the game is not just some shallow BF4 repackaging, definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Still waiting on my key from shady seller G2A. They're going by the Euro's release date of the 19th.
From what I remember, it's more like BF2: Special Forces, but no tanks. The gadgets are rad and stupid. The new game modes are fun.. Hotwire in particular, but I'm positive that they're going to be the first to dry up with playerbase and left with mostly conquest.

• Locked thread